2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

It is interesting to see the difference between the AAA and AA batting stats. Almost every player in AAA is tearing the cover off the ball, which is the exact opposite in AA. Though Corey Julks is off to a decent start. I liked him at UH, but he's probably one of the few guys in the organization that was really set back by Covid.

Of course, any CF that is showing a pulse is intriguing to me. Go Siri and Julks.

I am also hoping for a Stubbs and Stubbs platoon at catcher somewhere soon.

The guy who gave up an exciting walkoff HR to win if for the Express, Sugar Land's Shawn Dubin wasn't a pitcher I knew anything about. He has a live arm and I could see him being up in the majors in the next year if he can show better command. He was throwing straight gas at 97+.

Edited by Gourmand

The guy who gave up an exciting walkoff HR to win if for the Express, Sugar Land's Shawn Dubin wasn't a pitcher I knew anything about. He has a live arm and I could see him being up in the majors in the next year if he can show better command. He was throwing straight gas at 97+.
So the white version of Abreu and James?

I'm too lazy to look up the intricacies of the roster rules and the Rule 5 draft so I'll just ask it here.

I know Jose Siri has kicked around the minors for eight years or so but has no major league service time and was signed to a minor league free agent deal with the Astros last December. I assume that unless he is protected on the 40-man roster he will be Rule 5 eligible. Is his minor league deal only for 2021? Does this make it more likely than not that we will see the organization make a roster move at some point if he continues to hit AAA pitching? What do you guys think?

21 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

And now for a little probable starter speculation fun.

Dodgers are lining up to have Kershaw game 1 and Bauer game 2.

If Urquidy isn’t ready by next week and we stick with a 4 man rotation with the off days today and next Monday, Garcia game 1 and.... LMJ game 2.

Lance vs Tyler. LFG.

o/u on pujols (dh) homers: 1.5

6 hours ago, Gourmand said:

Surly reminder that Jon Singleton is 29 years old and still collecting money from the Astros to the tune of $250,000. This is the third buyout year and he will finally be off their books in 2022.

So you're saying he's drawing a salary 3 years after Bud Norris's last baseball paycheck?

Fucking straw.  These official scorers need to quit pussyfooting around and start giving him errors.

edit - no Kalas, that's not a play he usually makes.  That's the point.

Edited by WBT