2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Fuck this bullpen. Fuck Dusty for his failures of knowing how to use a bullpen, fuck shifting out of easy double play grounders, and fuck Straw for his inability to play even passable defense in center field.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Fuck this bullpen. Fuck Dusty for his failures of knowing how to use a bullpen, fuck shifting out of easy double play grounders, and fuck Straw for his inability to play even passable defense in center field.
Fuck the guy responsible for putting the bp together while we are at it
  • Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, Scraps said:
58 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Fuck the guy responsible for putting the bp together while we are at it

fuck abner double day !!!

I think this Click’s plan. Use the lineup and starting pitching to stay in contention. Hope the bullpen figures it out like last season. 

I don’t understand the decision to roll with Straw as the everyday center fielder. With Brantley’s deficiencies in the field, you need a Gold Glove level CF to cover him up. 

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

There really is no excuse.  Guys who are good defensive center fielders, but can't hit are cheap.  It's really dumb to let Straw continue to shit all over the outfield.

I know he got hurt- but I'd have loved to have a reunion with Jake from Rake Farm. Loved that guy everywhere except the batters box....

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I was thinking Marisnick, but didn't want to distract from Straw's shittiness. Jake is making $900k more than Straw this season. One year, $1.5 million deal with the Cubs. 

The valuable fourth outfielder is hitting .264/.350/.623 in 27 games.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

The valuable fourth outfielder is hitting .264/.350/.623 in 27 games.

He’s all but guaranteed to regress from that over the course of a season..
I’d prefer that slash line to be about half that when we acquire him and we get the good half

I believe Ivey is on the taxi squad along with Garrett Stubbs. I could be mistaken but since he's on the taxi squad already he won't count against the active roster and it won't count as accrued MLB service time. That makes sense for the lack of info about a corresponding move.