2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

I forgot how sensitive you guys are in here.  Can't handle anyone in your little echo chamber even for a short 2 game series.  
giphy.gif

One person relied to your post in 5 hours, yet you couldn’t wait to play the victim.

The only thing bigger than your bitchassedness in this thread is Joe Kelly’s ERA.

1 hour ago, huge said:

I'm going tomorrow.  If only it were Tyler v Lance.  That would definitely get chippy.

Yeah

Kinda annoyed we went with the Ivey call up on Friday to stay with a 5 man rotation with all of the off days rather than just going with a 4 man (but would have still kept everyone on their normal rest). That would have landed an LMJ v Tyler matchup tomorrow 

19 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

i forgot how sensitive you guys are in here.  Can't handle anyone in your little echo chamber even for a short 2 game series.  

Heh, the entire fucking LA Dodgers fanbase is a wailing echo chamber of crybabies who think they got screwed of the 2017 World Series despite blowing two games AT HOME, one with a 9th inning lead in game 2 and then scoring a measly one run in game 7 while getting mowed down by CFM. But yeah, we're the echo chamber.....

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Gourmand said:

MLB.tv with VPN and all your coverage problems are solved.

I've tried that with 2 different VPN services, but for whatever reason, it won't allow me to watch any games when using VPN. I assumed it was on to me, but perhaps i'm just doing it wrong.

19 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I've tried that with 2 different VPN services, but for whatever reason, it won't allow me to watch any games when using VPN. I assumed it was on to me, but perhaps i'm just doing it wrong.

man that sucks. I had success originally with Private Internet Access then either later that year or the following year, can't remember which, it stopped working reliably. 

I've used Express VPN the last two seasons and it has worked flawlessly and also allows me more geographic specificity to get around those blackout rules. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Unlocator has worked for me for ~5 years through some old netgear router (Knock on wood) 

still knocking on wood as I type this in hopes of not jinxing anything, but how is it that MLB has never cracked down on vpns? I suppose they would rather collect that subscription money and look the other way while telling their TV network partners they protect their interests with regional blackout rules?

Edited by Gourmand

56 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

still knocking on wood as I type this in hopes of not jinxing anything, but how is it that MLB has never cracked down on vpns? I suppose they would rather collect that subscription money and look the other way while telling their TV network partners they protect their interests with regional blackout rules?

They have on some.  They figured out mine last year.  You're just lucky so far.

Edited by clapclapclap
Also ExVPN

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:

man that sucks. I had success originally with Private Internet Access then either later that year or the following year, can't remember which, it stopped working reliably. 

I've used Express VPN the last two seasons and it has worked flawlessly and also allows me more geographic specificity to get around those blackout rules. 

Same with Nord VPN, now that have added a US map, makes it a lot easier to choose a location outside the market. Haven't had a single problem the last 3 years.

I want to beat the shit out of the Dodgers in a 30+ run differential two game sweep, but regardless of what happens, this is still just two games out of 162. The series result won't change shit about the past and the only thing it changes is the two teams respective records right now. 

The Astros need to not get caught up in the sideshow drama and just focus on getting their offense back on track and get enough of a lead and enough starting pitching to not put the game into the hands of the bullpen.

41 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

You have Express VPN and couldn't get around the blackouts?

Si.  Worked the first year of MLB.net, then early into the new season last summer I started getting "Out of Market" blackouts.  I had always been careful, clear cache, new clean browser window, always using the same out of state and way out of market location.

Best I can guess is that when we had a few internet interruptions at an airbnb the ExVPN may have been slow to reconnect and the local ISP connected first, giving away our location.  Then we made 'The list, buddy.'

Edit:  Or maybe some scumbag Deep State social credit scorer at Google SpywareChrome ratted me out to MLB.  50/50, this theory.

Edited by clapclapclap