Texas Basketball Recruiting Notes: Keep Austin Beard

12 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I know Shaka and Coleman have been tied together for a long time, but I thought there was some quote out there where Coleman said he wanted to play under a new coach.

There was no quote, just an article from Chip Brown, which you know, believe at your own risk.

2 hours ago, Cashcar said:

He doesn’t know shit about basketball anyways...dude is just a clickbait troll. 

I don't know shit about basketball, so I listened to his podcast for a while trying to learn. I figured out really quickly that he obviously didn't know shit either.

Just now, RichUT said:

They've been in that bucket for awhile now. I'd welcome both back, but this squad will be competitive with or without them based on who's confirmed. 

Texas doesn't need Brown now with Disu and Bishop. Matter of fact, both are probably better than Brown. 

Texas needs a couple guards and a 5. 

4 minutes ago, Blackcat00 said:

Sims is the most important of the 3. Guy is a monster in the paint and much needed size to counter the latest transfers. 

Agreed but Texas would be perfectly fine if they added Bryson Williams at the 5 with a more prototypical 5 like Ogenda. 

Bryson Williams has more offensive game than Sims. 

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's hilarious that BWG got excited over Marquette adding a guy that played 17 minutes a game at OU while he's just kind of meh on Disu and Allen. 

I think Kuath has potential but this is almost comical at this point from BWG. 

Whatever potential Kuath has will be coached out him by the 3rd Shaka practice due to missing connectivity.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Whatever potential Kuath has will be coached out him by the 3rd Shaka practice due to missing connectivity.

Kuath looked good in 1 game against Texas and decent against Gonzaga but from what I saw the rest of the season he's extremely raw. All he is right now is a tall dude that can sit in the paint. 

There's a reason he only played 17 minutes a game. 

I would definitely take him as a back up 5 but acting like that's some type of game changing addition is funny. Maybe in 2 or 3 years it is. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's hilarious that BWG got excited over Marquette adding a guy that played 17 minutes a game at OU while he's just kind of meh on Disu and Allen. 

I think Kuath has potential but this is almost comical at this point from BWG. 

Swapping Beard for Shaka seriously broke his brain. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

Sims is the most important of the 3. Guy is a monster in the paint and much needed size to counter the latest transfers. 

Agreed.  I really hope Sims comes back.  The question is, can he improve his draft stock materially over where he's at now.  I really don't know.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Agreed.  I really hope Sims comes back.  The question is, can he improve his draft stock materially over where he's at now.  I really don't know.

Not a chance. He's more than 1 year away from developing a face up game or consistent FT shooting. His mechanics are in need of some major work.

• Hook 'Em 2

So pretty much every legit player to hit the portal has mentioned Texas as showing interest at this point... almost like Shaka fucked off this cycle and there was absolute shit talent coming back...

And the amazing part is that all of these kids all want to come play for Beard...

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Laxtonto said:

So pretty much every legit player to hit the portal has mentioned Texas as showing interest at this point... almost like Shaka fucked off this cycle and there was absolute shit talent coming back...

And the amazing part is that all of these kids all want to come play for Beard...

Basketball is fun again. The best part is its fun again with a plethora of actual talent to maximize their abilities. Sark gonna love this for recruits to visit games and not fall asleep 

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Basketball is fun again. The best part is its fun again with a plethora of actual talent to maximize their abilities. Sark gonna love this for recruits to visit games and not fall asleep 

I need you to remember the style of basketball Beard plays. We'll win games, but this ain't Zaga putting teams to the fucking sword.

• Hook 'Em 3