Kanye

Hank Kingsley

3 hours ago, achooloco said:

Except you included minorities originally in your statement and the policy change implemented under trump specifically targets minorities, brown ones in the case of child concentration camps. So do you concede yet?

Well, of course it targets brown people . I don't think many people from European nations can swim here. Just be honest about we what are talking about here.

Edited by Crusher

True... technically. But come on now, we’re all adults. This isn’t a military seminar on strategy or tactics. It’s a campaign rally so you either don’t understand the overall context trump is debasing himself too (but  I’m guessing you do) or you are being willfully obtuse . Edit: and hey, I dig some devils advocate, nothing wrong with that but this example is obvious (to me ...)
Do you honestly not see a reference praising aspects of the confederacy and NOT asssociate that with a nod to slavery at best, and at worst, encouraging anti-minority pro-black persecution? He is praising a country that its member states specifically stated slavery of blacks was a reason to exist. 
You might have a point if trump wasn’t a cunt ass idoit, but this shit stain is too dumb to know anything about war strategy. If I was running for Austin mayor and kept bringing up Rommel’s tactics, wouldn’t normal avg intelligence people like yourself wonder what the fuck was the point of bringing up a general with such a racist genocidal connection?! Lee has a place in our history but mentioning him at a campaign rally without proper context is a racist dog whistle, plain and simple. To paraphrase an anchor baby having woman, Be best, you now you know better.

Tony Robbins and Hitler have both motivated so many people and touched so many lives. Tony needs to get back on his game though to have the lasting impact that Adolph did. Oh.......

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Calling R.E. Lee an incredible general doesn't make you racist. If that's true the entire United States military college curriculum, and staff is racist as his tactics are taught today, where he's considered one of the best American generals of all time.

If ya wanna call someone a racist have actual examples of racism.  

Sure. And bin Laden was excellent at terrorism. All terrorists since emulate him. Doesnt mean you have to think he is a great person. He was a piece of shit. So was Lee. Worse, Lee was a traitor to the USA. Sadly, bin Laden was right in line with clandestine Saudi policy, so he wasnt even a traitor.

You study Rommel in military school too. You don't worship his statues. The south, and you, need to finally get "onboard" with being American. Quit worshipping traitors or gtfo if you want to follow their lead. Study their tactics if they were good. Piss on their graves if they picked up arms against the country you claim to love. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Well, of course it targets brown people . I don't think many people from European nations can swim here. Just be honest about we what are talking about here.

Yes, of course. We agree. But I’m responding to this statement:

10 hours ago, pepper brooks said:

you'd still have to admit the left position that trump is some racist installing policies harmful to blacks and minorities is a lie.  There is no lag on that.  

So In light of child concentration camps and crusher’s statement that rational, sensible people know trumps policy targets brown people than I’m lost on how peppa can believe his statement is true. It’s a fucking demonstrably false statement, straight up. So I ask again, good sir, do you concede you made a mistake?

He was right on one thing, there is no lag. Trump has implemented policies harmful to minorities. Full stop.

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Yes, of course. We agree. But I’m responding to this statement:

So In light of child concentration camps and crusher’s statement that rational, sensible people know trumps policy targets brown people than I’m lost on how peppa can believe his statement is true. It’s a fucking demonstrably false statement, straight up. So I ask again, good sir, do you concede you made a mistake?

He was right on one thing, there is no lag. Trump has implemented policies harmful to minorities. Full stop.

It was not Trumps policy to begin with and you know it.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213525764.html

Rommel wasn’t a General.  He was a Field Marshall.  You refer to officers by their highest rank achieved, not a rate once held.

And he was not a “genoicidal racist”

If the two of you are going to use him as a comparison, at least get your facts straight.  Or learn some more WWII history so you don’t sound so dumb. 

14 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

This is about Trump having a 36% approval rating among African-Americans.  If he has that rate in 2020 the Democrats are sunk and they know it.  

W Bush also had black approval ratings in the 30s.
HW Bush also had black approval ratings in the 30s.

If you venture outside of the right wing media bubble and do a quick "black approval rating George W Bush" search you wouldn't be such an easily-programmed robot.

Giving tacit approval of a guy while he's working is not the same thing as saying you want to re-hire him for the next season. Sorry, bud, but blacks as a group aren't going to be flocking to the party of white supremacy anytime soon.

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Calling R.E. Lee an incredible general doesn't make you racist.

It makes you dumb. He wasn't "incredible".

The South had to tie to win. The North had to win completely to win.

The South didn't need to take the North. All the South needed to maintain itself as an independent nation was a stalemate. Why did Lee constantly go on the offensive? Why was he so deadset on endlessly defending Virginia? Why was he so obsessed with huge, staged, set-piece battles against an opponent that was better equipped than him?

Pickett's charge at Gettysburg was an embarrassment. "Go across that huge open field!" when all the guys underneath you are saying, "That's a terrible idea."

6k dead in one sweep because Lee loved the big, dramatic moment. That one idiotic move broke the back of the CSA's dream.

I don't think he was an idiot, but this idea that Lee was a unique military genius is Lost Cause bullshit.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It makes you dumb. He wasn't "incredible".

The South had to tie to win. The North had to win completely to win.

The South didn't need to take the North. All the South needed to maintain itself as an independent nation was a stalemate. Why did Lee constantly go on the offensive? Why was he so deadset on endlessly defending Virginia? Why was he so obsessed with huge, staged, set-piece battles against an opponent that was better equipped than him?

Pickett's charge at Gettysburg was an embarrassment. "Go across that huge open field!" when all the guys underneath you are saying, "That's a terrible idea."

6k dead in one sweep because Lee loved the big, dramatic moment. That one idiotic move broke the back of the CSA's dream.

I don't think he was an idiot, but this idea that Lee was a unique military genius is Lost Cause bullshit.

Go learn something about the actual history before coming here and spewing your usual emotionally driven idiocy.

US grant, who may be our greatest general had 5-7,000 of his own men slaughtered in less than 45 minutes at Cold Harbor.  Care to comment on his idiocy ?

Edited by Onboard 2.0

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Go learn something about the actual history beef coming here and spewing your usual idiocy.

I named specific things, refute them.

Like all Lost Cause robots, you don't actually know anything specific you just know the bullshit "Lee was amazing!" line you were programmed with.

8 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Sure. And bin Laden was excellent at terrorism. All terrorists since emulate him. Doesnt mean you have to think he is a great person. He was a piece of shit. So was Lee. Worse, Lee was a traitor to the USA. Sadly, bin Laden was right in line with clandestine Saudi policy, so he wasnt even a traitor.

You study Rommel in military school too. You don't worship his statues. The south, and you, need to finally get "onboard" with being American. Quit worshipping traitors or gtfo if you want to follow their lead. Study their tactics if they were good. Piss on their graves if they picked up arms against the country you claim to love. 

As usual emotion drives most of your comments. Grant, Lee, Sherman, Jackson, Sheridan. All fought, and fought against each other, and ALL are considered among the best the country ever produced.

11 hours ago, achooloco said:

Except you included minorities originally in your statement and the policy change implemented under trump specifically targets minorities, brown ones in the case of child concentration camps. So do you concede yet?

Knock off the child concentration camp crap.  No children are being used for slave labor, no one is being gassed in the showers and no Border Patrol employees are getting ashtrays made out of kids ears for a Christmas bonus.  If I didn't know better (granted, come to think of it I actually don't but I think the odds are long enough I can safely jump to this conclusion) I would think you are Don Lemon.

9 hours ago, achooloco said:

True... technically. But come on now, we’re all adults. This isn’t a military seminar on strategy or tactics. It’s a campaign rally so you either don’t understand the overall context trump is debasing himself too (but  I’m guessing you do) or you are being willfully obtuse <insert family guy Adam west pic here>. Edit: and hey, I dig some devils advocate, nothing wrong with that but this example is obvious (to me ...)

Do you honestly not see a reference praising aspects of the confederacy and NOT asssociate that with a nod to slavery at best, and at worst, encouraging anti-minority pro-black persecution? He is praising a country that its member states specifically stated slavery of blacks was a reason to exist. 

You might have a point if trump wasn’t a cunt ass idoit, but this shit stain is too dumb to know anything about war strategy. If I was running for Austin mayor and kept bringing up Rommel’s tactics, wouldn’t normal avg intelligence people like yourself wonder what the fuck was the point of bringing up a general with such a racist genocidal connection?! Lee has a place in our history but mentioning him at a campaign rally without proper context is a racist dog whistle, plain and simple. To paraphrase an anchor baby having woman, Be best, you now you know better.

Fair points.  I don't agree with your entire take, but appreciate thought instead of the usual drivel from so many uninformed here.

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

As usual emotion drives most of your comments.

My god, the irony.

Lee was a fancylad. He was a brilliant strategist and tactician, but he was not a brilliant field marshall/general. He had great ideas for grand, sweeping plans, but his execution of those strategies and tactics are what failed the South. He refused to delegate (and was often vague when he bothered to give orders to his waiting-with-their-thumbs-up-their-asses commanders (Ewell, Longstreet @ Gettysburg most notably)). He was terrible at adjusting on the fly (Anteitam, Gettysburg). He distrusted his own intelligence gathering when it didn't suit his overall grand vision.

When the strong gameplan worked, it looked great. But as soon as adjustment-on-the-fly was needed, Lee's major flaws as an actual military leader on the field (as opposed to backroom strategist/tactician) were expose and the South's cause was (thankfully) lost.

Edited by bad_teammate

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I named specific things, refute them.

Like all Lost Cause robots, you don't actually know anything specific you just know the bullshit "Lee was amazing!" line you were programmed with.

You used Picketts charge as an example that he wasn't incredible. I countered with Grants Cold Harbor exampl,e yet as you know jack shit about the actual history all you can do is throw emotional content out instead of an answer based in anything resembling fact. 

9 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Calling R.E. Lee an incredible general doesn't make you racist. If that's true the entire United States military college curriculum, and staff is racist as his tactics are taught today, where he's considered one of the best American generals of all time.

Nathan Bedford Forrest was an "incredible general" (and a virulent racist and terrorist even by the standards of his own time and place). Robert E Lee was a bold leader but strategically myopic and a reckless tactician who was no less racist than his peers, in addition to exceptionally brutal in his treatment of his own slaves.  

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

My god, the irony.

Lee was a fancylad. He was a brilliant strategist and tactician, but he was not a brilliant field marshall/general. He had great ideas for grand, sweeping plans, but his execution of those strategies and tactics are what failed the South. He refused to delegate (and was often vague when he bothered to give orders to his waiting-with-their-thumbs-up-their-asses commanders (Ewell, Longstreet @ Gettysburg most notably)). He was terrible at adjusting on the fly (Anteitan, Gettysburg). He distrusted his own intelligence gathering when it didn't suit his overall grand vision.

When the strong gameplan worked, it looked great. But as soon as adjustment-on-the-fly was needed, Lee's major flaws as an actual military leader on the field (as opposed to backroom strategist/tactician) were expose and the South's cause was (thankfully) lost.

I'll let the original comment stand from people who know a great deal more about military strategy than either of us.

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You used Picketts charge as an example that he wasn't incredible. I countered with Grants Cold Harbor exampl,e yet as you know jack shit about the actual history all you can do is throw emotional content out instead of an answer based in anything resembling fact. 

Which has what to do with Lee? "BUT GRANT!" is like "BUT HILLARY!"

Besides, Grant showed himself a superior on-the-field general after Cold Harbor because Grant showed his superior ability to manage a military. He actually got away to Petersburg, which forced Lee to extend his forces and stretch out his supply lines (something he was constantly doing because he loved the aggressive showpiece and chase). How did the Siege of Petersburg turn out for the South once the over-extended Lee had to break his lines?

You're trying to point to one battle, which is exactly my point about Fancylad Lee. Big set-piece battles? Hell yes. Basic logistics, supply, and reactive maneuvers? Boring!

Edited by bad_teammate

The idiocy of some of you here boggles the mind. You can't look at anything rationally, it's always form your point of view. Never let facts get in the way of your life.  

One general held an entire country at bay for 3 years until attrition, and an arguably superior general took the reigns of the war.  

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

One general held an entire country at bay for 3 years until attrition, and an arguably superior general took the reigns of the war.

One general? lol fuck off you moron

The CSA had multiple generals who were, at least, Lee's equal. Cleburne, Forrest, Jackson...

Do you think Robert E. Lee rode up and down the fucking Mason Dixon on a silver chariot?

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

One general? lol fuck off you moron

The CSA had multiple generals who were, at least, Lee's equal. Cleburne, Forrest, Jackson...

Do you think Robert E. Lee rode up and down the fucking Mason Dixon on a silver chariot?

Once again, you know jack  about the civil war or it's propagation.  You idiot, Jackson operated under Lee.  Forrest fought out west, and was a guerllia warfare general for all intents. You could have mentioned JS Mosby and named a more impactful officer, but you don't really know anything about the war. Which explains your emotionally driven bad comic book depth answers

Cleburne ?  You mean the great Cleburne.. wow.....

Grow up, move out of moms basement, go to community college ,and get that associates degree you been eyeing for years now.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

6031e68398a1c4cf99fa7641699006c2.jpg

He's nothing if not consistent.  He likes his women with a rubenesque buttocks and not a modicum of intelligence.  

58 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You idiot, Jackson operated under Lee.

And... ?

Lee was a rich boy with lineage who got his appointment to West Point through political connections. Jackson could barely read and scraped his way from the bottom of the class to the top. (Would've been the actual top if he'd stayed.)

Just stop talking.

You could have mentioned JS Mosby

Yeah, I could have. Which is my point, you fucking idiot. I could have named a lot more guys who would've done a better job at actually defending the CSA than Fancylad Lee.

Cleburne ?  You mean the great Cleburne.. wow.....

Now that is a substantive argument!

I mentioned Cleburne and Forrest specifically to counter your statement that Lee was the "one general" who held back the North. He was basically the only general that FAILED to hold back the fucking North.

Edited by bad_teammate

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

As usual emotion drives most of your comments. 

As usual, you're projecting. All that ever drives anything you ever say is emotion. You're not an intellectual, you're not a smart person, and you're not informed about anything meaningful. All you ever do is troll, scream and yell, then you cross your fingers hoping people will stop responding to you, and when that does happen, you convince yourself that their refusal to keep wasting their time responding to your useless drivel is a sign that you "won" the argument. If anyone here, for even one second, ever thought that you had anything meaningful to say, they would all have remembered it.

Edited by hpslugga

23 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

As usual, you're projecting. All that ever drives anything you ever say is emotion. You're not an intellectual, you're not a smart person, and you're not informed about anything meaningful. All you ever do is troll, scream and yell, then you cross your fingers hoping people will stop responding to you, and when that does happen, you convince yourself that their refusal to keep wasting their time responding to your useless drivel is a sign that you "won" the argument. If anyone here, for even one second, ever thought that you had anything meaningful to say, they would all have remembered it.

That's funny, cause all of my comments about the subject matter were pretty much me pointing out accepted facts taken from historical record of the experts opinions of RE LEE. Nothing emotional in any of that.  

You on the other hand have posted a completely emotion filled little rant that's nothing but a personal attack, based on your obvious lack of knowledge of the subject matter.

And again for the record calling RE Lee a great general or leader, isn't a racist statement, except to people who are triggered by anything that doesn't fit their little pre conceived view of the world, like you for example. 

8 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That's funny, cause all of my comments about the subject matter were pretty much me pointing out accepted facts taken from historical record of the experts opinions of RE LEE. Nothing emotional in any of that.  

You on the other hand have posted a completely emotion filled little rant that's nothing but a personal attack, based on your obvious lack of knowledge of the subject matter.

And again for the record calling RE Lee a great general or leader, isn't a racist statement, except to people who are triggered by anything that doesn't fit their little pre conceived view of the world, like you for example. 

I wasn't even talking about anything that anyone said about Robert Lee. You're projecting again, and you're very bad at it. Pre-conceived view of the world? You're just winging it at this point...well actually, at all points. I have no further use of this pointless back and forth.

Edited by hpslugga

27 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

That's funny, cause all of my comments about the subject matter were pretty much me pointing out accepted facts taken from historical record of the experts opinions of RE LEE.

Anyone who cites Civil War "experts" as if they speak with one voice on ANYTHING obviously hasn't wasted hours and hours of his life reading boring books from old nerds arguing about long-forgotten battles in Northern Virginia. You're bad at this and you should feel bad about yourself.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Anyone who cites Civil War "experts" as if they speak with one voice on ANYTHING obviously hasn't wasted hours and hours of his life reading boring books from old nerds arguing about long-forgotten battles in Northern Virginia. You're bad at this and you should feel bad about yourself.

Yeah civil war experts, you mean the war college of the United States ?  Facts really bother you a lot.  It's ok you can always fall back on your standard you're a racist comment to make yer balls drop back back down, and make yourself feel better.

12 hours ago, Crusher said:

It was not Trumps policy to begin with and you know it.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213525764.html

There really is an entire thread you should read, not worth the time if you are equating trumps policy with obama’s/deporter in chief. Trump targets kids so when you’re all caught up, I’ll be around. Lord knows what this thread will be discussing at that point..

12 hours ago, Lobo said:

Rommel wasn’t a General.  He was a Field Marshall.  You refer to officers by their highest rank achieved, not a rate once held.

And he was not a “genoicidal racist”

If the two of you are going to use him as a comparison, at least get your facts straight.  Or learn some more WWII history so you don’t sound so dumb. 

His regime was, better? In the end he fought for genicidal racists so calling him one don’t make a shit to me. You want a distinction, okay... as for field marshal, sorry I’m not up to date on German officer nomenclature. If you say that’s his title, I believe you. But It’s not really german-e (get it? Ha) to the issue, so I guess you’re a label nazi instead of a grammar one? Feel like I’m lost in raiders of the lost ark...

5 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Knock off the child concentration camp crap.  No children are being used for slave labor, no one is being gassed in the showers and no Border Patrol employees are getting ashtrays made out of kids ears for a Christmas bonus.  If I didn't know better (granted, come to think of it I actually don't but I think the odds are long enough I can safely jump to this conclusion) I would think you are Don Lemon.

Internnment camp more to you’re liking? I know enough of your posting history to know we’ll never agree; youre okay with kids being kidnapped, blindfolded, and subsequently sexually assaulted in the name of your country, cool. I’m not. You could argue everything after the kidnapping was unintended but I’d counter that what else did you expect to happen if this was the admin in charge? That aside, They never had a plan for reunificatiom, their goal was punishing kids, that much I hope you at least recognize. But there is another thread for that so I’m cool agreeing to disagree.

5 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Fair points.  I don't agree with your entire take, but appreciate thought instead of the usual drivel from so many uninformed here.

To be fair, that drivel is usually me. Hook’em. Got any good civil war book recs? I got some good ones here for the revolutionary war, but haven’t gotten to 1860s yet.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, achooloco said:

There really is an entire thread you should read, not worth the time if you are equating trumps policy with obama’s/deporter in chief. Trump targets kids so when you’re all caught up, I’ll be around. Lord knows what this thread will be discussing at that point..

His regime was, better? In the end he fought for genicidal racists so calling him one don’t make a shit to me. You want a distinction, okay... as for field marshal, sorry I’m not up to date on German officer nomenclature. If you say that’s his title, I believe you. But It’s not really german-e (get it? Ha) to the issue, so I guess you’re a label nazi instead of a grammar one? Feel like I’m lost in raiders of the lost ark...

Internnment camp more to you’re liking? I know enough of your posting history to know we’ll never agree; youre okay with kids being kidnapped, blindfolded, and subsequently sexually assaulted in the name of your country, cool. I’m not. You could argue everything after the kidnapping was unintended but I’d counter that what else did you expect to happen if this was the admin in charge? That aside, They never had a plan for reunificatiom, their goal was punishing kids, that much I hope you at least recognize. But there is another thread for that so I’m cool agreeing to disagree.

To be fair, that drivel is usually me. Hook’em. Got any good civil war book recs? I got some good ones here for the revolutionary war, but haven’t gotten to 1860s yet.

Yeah there a few right off the top of my head. I'd start with  Bruce Cattons trilogy The Army of The Potomac.  Extremely well written by a man who grew up listening to the stories of civil war veterans from Michigan.  

Unbiased, and very human in its narrative. 

Anecdotes, strategy and just a very well told story chronicling the war in the eastern theater between The army of northern va and the Army of the Potomac.

• Like 2