Kanye

Hank Kingsley

T.I. just had the most damning dressing down and disowning of Kanye on tweeter or instagram or whatever. Dang!! I'm liking that his peers are saying something if they are disgusted. 

14 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Remember when FoxNews nearly lost their shit when Common was invited to the White House in 2011 for a "music and literature event."

Good times.

Hannity lost his shit over this. It was so transparent. 

8 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

T.I. just had the most damning dressing down and disowning of Kanye on tweeter or instagram or whatever. Dang!! I'm liking that his peers are saying something if they are disgusted. 

TI has mostly had his head on straight after getting out of prison. He is now a good father, gives back to his community, and has helped others avoid taking a path that leads them to prison. He has also talked down a couple of suicidal people. I wouldnt have thought he had it in him back in 2005. 

Kanye is just nutso though. I don't really fault him for it. He needs help. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

1 minute ago, FondrenRoad said:

TI has mostly had his head on straight after getting out of prison. He is now a good father, gives back to his community, and has helped others avoid taking a path that leads them to prison. He has also talked down a couple of suicidal people. I wouldnt have thought he had it in him back in 2005. 

Kanye is just nutso though. I don't really fault him for it. He needs help. 

lol yea, but calling him Stephen from Django killed me lol

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

lol yea, but calling him Stephen from Django killed me lol

He is actually wrong on that. Stephen was smart and knew what he was doing. Kanye's Trump support boils down to Kanye thinking he has his own shot at being President because Trump proved dumbass celebrities can be elected. 

Their overall convo was truly ridiculous. 

41 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I would rather lock Don Lemon in the same room with Jim Brown (who was involved with the Kanye/Trump meeting as well and absolutely no one is giving him one ounce of shit over it) and have Lemon call Brown a token negro to his face.  Just make sure to have closed circuit cameras in the room for pay per view possibilities.

Stop it

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

He is actually wrong on that. Stephen was smart and knew what he was doing. Kanye's Trump support boils down to Kanye thinking he has his own shot at being President because Trump proved dumbass celebrities can be elected. 

Their overall convo was truly ridiculous. 

kayne's trump support boils down to one commonality:

obama has roasted both of them.

• Like 1

Obama was absolutely correct too. 

It's also weird to me that people classify tswift as a democrat or leftist because she endorsed a single democrat in her home state (right?) and Kanye is now apparently a republican because he says he likes trump but readily admits he knows absolutely nothing about republican policy and doesn't care, he's just attracted to that dragon energy.

Just now, seven said:

Obama was absolutely correct too. 

It's also weird to me that people classify tswift as a democrat or leftist because she endorsed a single democrat in her home state (right?) and Kanye is now apparently a republican because he says he likes trump but readily admits he knows absolutely nothing about republican policy and doesn't care, he's just attracted to that dragon energy.

Welcome to 2018. Grab a jersey and tell us what team you are on so we can trash you/hug you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Foosters said:

He's a mentally ill person who makes music people like. Really not any deeper than that.

I don't have my doctor of psychology, so I cannot comment on whether he is mentally ill. Does not change the fact that he has the courage to speak against the grain. I mean look how he's being attacked for a thought crime. Anyone who expresses a diverse opinion is not tolerated but ad hom'd - he's mentally ill, so ignore.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Welcome to 2018. Grab a jersey and tell us what team you are on so we can trash you/hug you.

Seriously. Kanye could have said literally the same thing next to Obama and the same people calling him mentally ill would be endorsing him for president in 2020.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Cool, you’ll appreciate a lot of people in the psych ward.  Hit me up if you want a tour.  

Right. He'd like some of the answers I get on my college math exams too. Independent thought and all. 

In this day and time these stupid responses are called alternative facts, I call them wrong. 

17 hours ago, hpslugga said:

He’s expressing no such thing. You’re confused.

He is, and all this MAGA horseshit is a manifestation of that lunacy.

Oh grow the fuck up and spare the sanctimonious nonsense. There is nothing fascist about calling a spade a spade. Freedom of expression cuts both ways. You have the right to say what you want, and we have the right to call you a fucking idiot for saying such things. No one is calling for his incarceration when he says the stupid shit that he says. All we say is that it’s stupid shit. To call that “fascism” is absolutely dishonest and absolutely wrong.

It evidently terrifies you because you label people as fascist for calling this moron out for what he is. He’s an imbecilic celebrity who says things like:

He must be getting too uppity for you.

Edited by Kyle
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Seriously. Kanye could have said literally the same thing next to Obama and the same people calling him mentally ill would be endorsing him for president in 2020.

well, actually, that's not true, because kanye's crazy is there no matter the venue. 

by the way, dude, he called himself a diagnosed mentally ill person. it's a known thing that he's bipolar. 

he's not well, and that was fairly obvious and on display yesterday. i watched it almost live on tv. he was all over the map, and it's obvious he's trying to fill some hole in himself that he cannot fill with his own self-esteem. we know this because he told us that yesterday.

it's almost like you like the IDEA of kanye visiting the white house more than what happened yesterday. yesterday was crazytown on display. 

did you not watch it? if you did, what was your favorite policy point?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He must be getting too uppity for you.

That’s a canard. This has absolutely nothing to do with race, just like it has nothing to do with party politics. This has to do with the fact that Kanye West has absolutely nothing meaningful to offer to anyone interested in political discourse, and you’re embarrassing yourself by portraying this as Kanye against the fascists just because he’s “speaking his mind.” When one is out of one’s mind, one is incapable of speaking one’s mind. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Again, absolutely every word of this is absolutely wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You should probably go watch or read what Kanye actually said. Obama would have just patted him on his head. 

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Didn't say you did. But to say "this isn't about race" is naive. 

Yeah, “this” had to do with what I said that another person was responding to and not the general narrative in the media. Those are two separate things, and you know that. Again, that’s fucking misleading and dishonest as hell.

Edited by hpslugga

On 5/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, Hank Kingsley said:

And that's fair. But he is a HUGE cultural influence on millions of young people. His opinion matters, and it's important for this shit to be addressed. 

No he’s not. In the mid and late 2000s yes, but today he isn’t.

and that’s probably part of the reason he’s acting like this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

What is the general narrative in the media?

i would argue that is generally is (from my perspective, not slugga's) something along the lines of "kanye is an unhinged lunatic ranting and raving in the oval office, but trump gives him an audience  because kanye, before he deleted his social media, had millions of twitter/instagram followers and regardless of his crazy, trump think kanye can represent inroads to black voters, despite all evidence to the contrary. also, kanye is on a reality tv show and kisses trump's ass, which trump prizes above all else."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Fox lost their minds when Obama put flags at half mast for Whitney Houston's death. Donald Trump just said "hold my beer" with all of this

FWD FWD FWD FWD OBAMA HAS FLAGS LOWERED FOR WHITNEY HOUSTON!!!!

Never 

Fucking 

Happened.

Fat Gov. Christie, however, DID order them lowered in the state of NJ, where Houston was from.