Kanye

Hank Kingsley

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

well, actually, that's not true, because kanye's crazy is there no matter the venue. 

by the way, dude, he called himself a diagnosed mentally ill person. it's a known thing that he's bipolar. 

he's not well, and that was fairly obvious and on display yesterday. i watched it almost live on tv. he was all over the map, and it's obvious he's trying to fill some hole in himself that he cannot fill with his own self-esteem. we know this because he told us that yesterday.

it's almost like you like the IDEA of kanye visiting the white house more than what happened yesterday. yesterday was crazytown on display. 

did you not watch it? if you did, what was your favorite policy point?

Exactly. I tried to make that explicit in my original post but did not do a great job. I'm not evaluating the content of what he said, but I appreciate anyone who expresses an independent or iconoclastic POV regardless of the context.

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

That’s a canard. This has absolutely nothing to do with race, just like it has nothing to do with party politics. This has to do with the fact that Kanye West has absolutely nothing meaningful to offer to anyone interested in political discourse, and you’re embarrassing yourself by portraying this as Kanye against the fascists just because he’s “speaking his mind.” When one is out of one’s mind, one is incapable of speaking one’s mind. 

Again, absolutely every word of this is absolutely wrong. 

Guessing you prefer Al Jolson?

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Guessing you prefer Al Jolson?

this doesn't even make sense in the context of slugga's argument, but allow me to respond:

i truly believe that kanye, whether witting or not, has become trump's own little minstrel show. all the guy does is talk about how awesome trump is, how the maga hat makes him feel like superman, and trump is a father figure to him because reasons. he calls the president fly and fresh and all that cool black slang, and trump eats that shit up with relish. if he could have kanye follow him around like a puppy dog all day long, he would. because, for some reason, kanye seeks that subservient validation, and trump needs that "lord and protector tyrant" validation. they feed each other's weird narcissism.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

To Kyle, being criticized is the same as being arrested by the thought police.

White fragility

I’m guessing this is designed to be an emotional deflection to distract from your outrage over Kanye being uppity and speaking out of turn? 

like others have said Kanye is nutty as a squirrel turd.  I don't really GAF about the thoughts or endorsement of celebs and their political views.  I'd rather not know, frankly.  Their thoughts do not sway my opinions of politicians, nor of the celebrities work in their given craft.  I will give Kanye credit for marching to the beat of his own drum, and refusing to be stuck on the "democrat plantation" that has proven to be a failure as a safe space when it comes to policy impact on minorities.  It's not easy to have independent thought amongst his peer group for sure.  That said, I still don't GAF what his actual views are.  

1 minute ago, pepper brooks said:

like others have said Kanye is nutty as a squirrel turd.  I don't really GAF about the thoughts or endorsement of celebs and their political views.  I'd rather not know, frankly.  Their thoughts do not sway my opinions of politicians, nor of the celebrities work in their given craft.  I will give Kanye credit for marching to the beat of his own drum, and refusing to be stuck on the "democrat plantation" that has proven to be a failure as a safe space when it comes to policy impact on minorities.  It's not easy to have independent thought amongst his peer group for sure.  That said, I still don't GAF what his actual views are.  

"democrat plantation" posts are such transparent "black people can't think for themselves and I know what's best for them" posts, it's really gross. 

• Like 3

On 10/3/2018 at 12:27 PM, hpslugga said:

Oh and even if he did mean just the prison labor portion of the 13th, he is outside of his fucking mind if he thinks, of all people, Donald fucking Trump (or anyone from "the right") shares his views on that topic. So his defenders are screwed on this either way.

Actually, Teh Donald is more or less the most outspoken President on prison reform there has ever been.  And idiot Kanye and his idiot fatass spouse have been egging him on.  http://sentencing.typepad.com/sentencing_law_and_policy/2018/10/prez-trump-reiterates-support-for-prison-reform-and-says-ag-jeff-sessions-gets-overruled-by-me-.html

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Actually, Teh Donald is more or less the most outspoken President on prison reform there has ever been.  And idiot Kanye and his idiot fatass spouse have been egging him on.  http://sentencing.typepad.com/sentencing_law_and_policy/2018/10/prez-trump-reiterates-support-for-prison-reform-and-says-ag-jeff-sessions-gets-overruled-by-me-.html

Speeches and interviews mean less than shit when it comes to actual policy implementation. 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

What is the general narrative in the media?

Crazy ass, unhinged Trump supporter.    That's always the narrative.  

The press will steer clear of the race card, because they have lots of twitter army members who'll do it for them.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

pepper brooks, a guy who is an expert on the social lives and conversations of Kanye's peer group

lol

the guy is a hip hop artist in LA, how much of an expert do I need to be to know he is an outlier amongst his peers in his chosen industry and residence?  Helen Keller can see that.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

You don't even know what you're saying when you say democratic plantation. You are just repeating words you've heard.

33 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

“Democratic plantations”

republicans haven’t done jack shit for blacks and republicans/conservatives don’t care about blacks.

see the voter suppression thread. 

Jack shit is better than what your savior Obama did for the economy in general and blacks in particular. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2016/09/14/how-hispanics-blacks-have-fared-in-obama-economy/

Based on the new Census report, the estimated median income for blacks in 2015 was $37,211. That’s up from the previous year, when it was $35,694. But it’s only nominally higher than when Obama came into office at $36,179. The year before Obama ran, the estimated median income for blacks was $37,809. Pre-recession, 2007, the median income for black Americans was $38,970.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, pepper brooks said:

Jack shit is better than what your savior Obama did for the economy in general and blacks in particular. 

https://www.dailysignal.com/2016/09/14/how-hispanics-blacks-have-fared-in-obama-economy/

Based on the new Census report, the estimated median income for blacks in 2015 was $37,211. That’s up from the previous year, when it was $35,694. But it’s only nominally higher than when Obama came into office at $36,179. The year before Obama ran, the estimated median income for blacks was $37,809. Pre-recession, 2007, the median income for black Americans was $38,970.

The economic expansion going on right now is the Obama economy. It started in March 2009.

That's how it will be remembered by historians.

Thanks, Obama.

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

This is largely where I landed. As I said in my first post, I could GAF about his opinion but respect anyone willing to be independent. The reaction to his comments on this thread and elsewhere (vs. other crazy stuff he said about George W. Bush and Katrina or other uniformed celebrity opinions for that matter) is curious. Plantation comment not withstanding, it does feel very much like get out of line, you have to deal with the master. It is obviously pricked a nerve with many closeted racists who fear getting uppity.

Just now, Kyle said:

This is largely where I landed. As I said in my first post, I could GAF about his opinion but respect anyone willing to be independent. The reaction to his comments on this thread and elsewhere (vs. other crazy stuff he said about George W. Bush and Katrina or other uniformed celebrity opinions for that matter) is curious. Plantation comment not withstanding, it does feel very much like get out of line, you have to deal with the master. It is obviously pricked a nerve with many closeted racists who fear getting uppity.

Man, those black folks sure are racist against Kanye.

LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It's obvious you see what you want to see.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Man, those black folks sure are racist against Kanye.

LOL

Uppity folks really get under your skin don't they. I'm surprised a so-called crazy person that does not matter is taking up so much space in your head. Why do you think that is?

28 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

Just stop. 

Like I said before—neither you, your Republican friends, the Republican Party as a whole, and conservatives do not give a shit about black people. 

But the sure as fuck like to make the dumbass “democratic plantation” talking point as if it does anything. 

You get mad a blacks for supporting the Democratic Party but see nothing wrong with white supremacist in the president’s cabinet, nazis who are “very fine people, “ and the host of racial remarks toward Obama from your people and your state news station Fox News. 

LIke I said—Republicans don’t give two shits about Blacks and never have.  But they get mad because Blacks vote for Dems.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Kyle said:

What the fuck are you even talking about?

Lest ye forget:

The first African American president carried 93 percent of the black vote against Romney. Clinton came in five points below him against Trump. With Hispanics, Obama garnered 71 percent support in 2012. Clinton on Tuesday claimed 65 percent.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/2016-election-day/trump-did-better-blacks-hispanics-romney-12-exit-polls-n681386

Will Trump improve on those numbers in '20?

6 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Just stop. 

Like I said before—neither you, your Republican friends, the Republican Party as a whole, and conservatives do not give a shit about black people. 

But the sure as fuck like to make the dumbass “democratic plantation” talking point as if it does anything. 

You get mad a blacks for supporting the Democratic Party but see nothing wrong with white supremacist in the president’s cabinet, nazis who are “very fine people, “ and the host of racial remarks toward Obama from your people and your state news station Fox News. 

LIke I said—Republicans don’t give two shits about Blacks and never have.  But they get mad because Blacks vote for Dems.  

good luck with all that.  good lord.  At least the conservative bastion from the Chicago tribune decided to go ahead and look at some actual results.  FWIW - I am no trumpster.  I did NOT vote for him.  That said, I do support many of his policies while also thinking he acts like a petulant child at times.  If he's some sort of Nazi, racist, etc whos aim is to keep minorities down, he certainly isn't very good at it. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-race-trump-economy-progress-0822-story.html

Words matter for sure, but actions do speak louder than words. Leftists believe that good intentions are more important than results. If you meant well and your heart is in the right place, that's what really matters, according to this creed. As Bill Clinton put it so famously: "I feel your pain." And that was enough.

No one cared more about the plight of black Americans than Barack Obama — our first African-American president — who won well more than 90 percent of the black vote. But the sad paradox of Obama's presidency is that a president who was going to lift up black America economically didn't deliver. From 2009 to 2015, the incomes of black Americans fell by more than $900 per family adjusted for inflation.

So far under Trump, median family incomes have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. These numbers are not broken down by race, but it's a pretty good bet that black incomes have risen with those of other races under Trump.

What about other metrics of black economic progress under Trump? It's early for sure, but we have some preliminary results since Election Day, when the stock market started its latest bull market run.

The black unemployment rate has fallen by a full percentage point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election.

The rate of job growth per month for blacks under Trump has so far been 40 percent higher than the monthly average under ‎Obama. Trump has averaged nearly 30,000 new black jobs per month. That's especially remarkable because Obama was elected when employment was way down.

Another issue that is critically important to black and Hispanic economic progress is good schools. Trump is advancing the idea of school choice so that every child can attend a quality school, public or private. In cities such as Washington, D.C., and Milwaukee, the children who benefit from voucher and scholarship programs are predominantly black. Trump wants to increase by tenfold the number of black children who benefit from these vouchers and scholarships.

The goal here is to give every poor or minority child the same range of education choices that wealthy families have.

The same people who denounce Trump for being a racist hypocritically oppose Trump's plan for better school options for black children. I have heard many liberal commentators compare Trump to George Wallace, the late Alabama governor who defended school segregation and stood in front of the white public schools with armed guards to keep the black children out.

Now we have liberals and teachers unions figuratively standing in front of the high-quality white private schools like modern-day George Wallaces trying to keep black children out.

Trump also wants more infrastructure spending, more energy jobs and more apprenticeship programs so our youth have access to better jobs and better training. Disproportionately, blacks and other minorities will benefit from these programs, because fewer have the financial capability to go to a four-year college.

So is Trump a racist who doesn't care about the future of black Americans? Let's face it. He's no Jack Kemp when it comes to talking about race and healing wounds with his words. But Trump is creating more jobs and higher incomes for blacks and other minorities and is trying to give a better education to every disadvantaged black child in America. That is a pretty impressive civil rights record. ‎

Stephen Moore is a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation and a senior economic analyst at CNN.

I am sure DD will be along any moment to tell us how all those positive results that never happened in 8 years under Obama are somehow due to Obama.  

7 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

good luck with all that.  good lord.  At least the conservative bastion from the Chicago tribune decided to go ahead and look at some actual results.  FWIW - I am no trumpster.  I did NOT vote for him.  That said, I do support many of his policies while also thinking he acts like a petulant child at times.  If he's some sort of Nazi, racist, etc whos aim is to keep minorities down, he certainly isn't very good at it. 

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-race-trump-economy-progress-0822-story.html

Words matter for sure, but actions do speak louder than words. Leftists believe that good intentions are more important than results. If you meant well and your heart is in the right place, that's what really matters, according to this creed. As Bill Clinton put it so famously: "I feel your pain." And that was enough.

No one cared more about the plight of black Americans than Barack Obama — our first African-American president — who won well more than 90 percent of the black vote. But the sad paradox of Obama's presidency is that a president who was going to lift up black America economically didn't deliver. From 2009 to 2015, the incomes of black Americans fell by more than $900 per family adjusted for inflation.

So far under Trump, median family incomes have risen by more than $1,000, according‎ to Sentier Research and based on Census Bureau numbers. These numbers are not broken down by race, but it's a pretty good bet that black incomes have risen with those of other races under Trump.

What about other metrics of black economic progress under Trump? It's early for sure, but we have some preliminary results since Election Day, when the stock market started its latest bull market run.

The black unemployment rate has fallen by a full percentage point in the last year, black labor force participation is up and the number of black Americans with a job has risen by 600,000 from last year. Preliminary data show black wages and incomes are up since the election.

The rate of job growth per month for blacks under Trump has so far been 40 percent higher than the monthly average under ‎Obama. Trump has averaged nearly 30,000 new black jobs per month. That's especially remarkable because Obama was elected when employment was way down.

Another issue that is critically important to black and Hispanic economic progress is good schools. Trump is advancing the idea of school choice so that every child can attend a quality school, public or private. In cities such as Washington, D.C., and Milwaukee, the children who benefit from voucher and scholarship programs are predominantly black. Trump wants to increase by tenfold the number of black children who benefit from these vouchers and scholarships.

The goal here is to give every poor or minority child the same range of education choices that wealthy families have.

The same people who denounce Trump for being a racist hypocritically oppose Trump's plan for better school options for black children. I have heard many liberal commentators compare Trump to George Wallace, the late Alabama governor who defended school segregation and stood in front of the white public schools with armed guards to keep the black children out.

Now we have liberals and teachers unions figuratively standing in front of the high-quality white private schools like modern-day George Wallaces trying to keep black children out.

Trump also wants more infrastructure spending, more energy jobs and more apprenticeship programs so our youth have access to better jobs and better training. Disproportionately, blacks and other minorities will benefit from these programs, because fewer have the financial capability to go to a four-year college.

So is Trump a racist who doesn't care about the future of black Americans? Let's face it. He's no Jack Kemp when it comes to talking about race and healing wounds with his words. But Trump is creating more jobs and higher incomes for blacks and other minorities and is trying to give a better education to every disadvantaged black child in America. That is a pretty impressive civil rights record. ‎

Stephen Moore is a senior fellow at the Heritage Foundation and a senior economic analyst at CNN.

I am sure DD will be along any moment to tell us how all those positive results that never happened in 8 years under Obama are somehow due to Obama.  

I'm waiting for someone to make a credible argument that somehow they are due to Donald Trump.

Posting an op-ed from Stephen Moore isn't a credible argument. 

Also, employment numbers are lagging indicators. So there's that.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I'm waiting for someone to make a credible argument that somehow they are due to Donald Trump.

Posting an op-ed from Stephen Moore isn't a credible argument. 

Also, employment numbers are lagging indicators. So there's that.

so that negates the data compiled not by Stephen Moore, or did some secret trump at the DOL make those up in order to make Trump look good?  Does the fact that Stephen moore wrote the article and the fact that you hate trump negate the data that shows when trump has been in office job growth in the black community has been 40% higher per month, or does the data show wages didn't actually increase?  The argument that trump is a racist, Nazi hell bent on keeping minorities and blacks down using some secret policy is quite frankly, an absolute lie.  It simply is not and is never going to happen.  You want proof that his policies are the reason for the growth?  Be honest, nothing anyone could present to you would ever suffice.  Your mind is made up on this.  THat said, on the other side, you cannot, in any way, prove that Trump policies are being made and tailored with the detriment of minorities in mind.  It 100% is not true.  As stated, quite the opposite is happening.  You don't have to like it, but your argument that trump is some racist is silly.  If he is, he is really really terrible at it.  

Edited by pepper brooks
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

so that negates the data compiled not by Stephen Moore, or did some secret trump at the DOL make those up in order to make Trump look good?  Does the fact that Stephen moore and the fact that you hate trump negate the data that shows when trump has been in office job growth in the black community has been 40% higher per month, or does the data show wages didn't actually increase?  The argument that trump is a racist, Nazi hell bent on keeping minorities and blacks down using some secret policy is quite frankly, an absolute lie.  It simply is not and is never going to happen.  You want proof that his policies are the reason for the growth?  Be honest, nothing anyone could present to you would ever suffice.  Your mind is made up on this.  THat said, on the other side, you cannot, in any way, prove that Trump policies are being made and tailored with the detriment of minorities in mind.  It 100% is not true.  As stated, quite the opposite is happening.  You don't have to like it, but your argument that trump is some racist is silly.  If he is, he is really really terrible at it.  

Look at the date on that op-ed.

Now tell me about lagging indicators.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

You (and your people) still don’t get it. 

I’m not sure you ever will. 

you can find improvements continuing.  we all get it, you don't like it and that's fine.  the lefties like pancho continuing to believe and support a position that trump is attempting to sabotage blacks is what has been disproven here.  how much credit you want to give him for the economy is up to you.  none?  fine.  you'd still have to admit the left position that trump is some racist installing policies harmful to blacks and minorities is a lie.  There is no lag on that.  

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

5 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

You (and your people) still don’t get it. 

I’m not sure you ever will. 

what is there to get?  you claim he has policies that are racist and hurting minorities.  It's a position that is wrong and proven untrue.  Believe what you want, but believing that shit is nothing more than a futile effort in trump derangement syndrome.  If you want to wallow in that, feel free.  Seems to be a prime example of being guided by feelings and emotions over actual results.  nothing new there.  

Edited by pepper brooks
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

you can find improvements continuing.  we all get it, you don't like it and that's fine.  the lefties like pancho continuing to believe and support a position that trump is attempting to sabotage blacks is what has been disproven here.  how much credit you want to give him for the economy is up to you.  none?  fine.  you'd still have to admit the left position that trump is some racist installing policies harmful to blacks and minorities is a lie.  There is no lag on that.  

You haven't disproven anything. That's what you don't understand. He is a racist. He is installing people and policies that will harm people of color. That is a fact.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You haven't disproven anything. That's what you don't understand. He is a racist. He is installing people and policies that will harm people of color. That is a fact.

I think we are going to need a link to those policies and people.  So far his efforts at harming blacks and other minorities have been nothing but failure.