DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

2 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Must have struck a nerve, weird. 

Feel free to support Biden and his groping, sniffing, and rubbing of little girls in 2020 though. Well done.

After all of the pussy hats and women’s marches, they’re going to vote for a pedo. It’s just... beautiful. 

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, achooloco said:

good to know you're all for ceding territory to mexico and fucking up wildlife for 2000 miles. come on, think it through, ...sorry, i honestly can't make an argument for how mind numbingly fucking dumb the idea is without resorting to attacking the people thinking it's possible. Two seconds of weighing the pros and cons and it is flat earth/Qanon/the-bible-is-literal level fucking dumb. I just don't get how intelligent adults who get along fine in every day life and contribute to society could give it an ounce of credibility. I'm shocked really.

Good to know that you’re ok with hundreds (that we know about) of illegal immigrants dying each year trying to illegally cross the border. 

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Good to know that you’re ok with hundreds (that we know about) of illegal immigrants dying each year trying to illegally cross the border. 

I’m not and it sounds like you aren’t either, so that’s good. Common ground.

But I’d hope we could at least find some path or at least some points both sides could agree on that are between the current ineffectual system and a resource draining, environmentally killing, territory ceding, symbolically racist monument to “wtf?! How could any sane adult ever think this bullshit would work?”

4 hours ago, achooloco said:

I’m not and it sounds like you aren’t either, so that’s good. Common ground.

But I’d hope we could at least find some path or at least some points both sides could agree on that are between the current ineffectual system and a resource draining, environmentally killing, territory ceding, symbolically racist monument to “wtf?! How could any sane adult ever think this bullshit would work?”

They don't think it would work.  They like the slogan, they like that it says "F YOU!" to Mexico, because America, FUCK YEAH!

They have zero interest in comprehensive approaches that have the DUAL effect of 1) better controlling our border and 2) reducing the suffering of the human beings who would cross it.  Because -- you know the refrain here --  the cruelty is the point.  They don't actually lament brown people dying in the desert, or sitting in cages.  They LIKE IT.  It's a "strike back" at the "horde/invasion" that's "assaulting our nation."  When your counterparts think that way, dialogue is dead.  Anything that doesn't inflict punishment, suffering, and insult to the south is a non-starter.

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They don't think it would work.  They like the slogan, they like that it says "F YOU!" to Mexico, because America, FUCK YEAH!

They have zero interest in comprehensive approaches that have the DUAL effect of 1) better controlling our border and 2) reducing the suffering of the human beings who would cross it.  Because -- you know the refrain here --  the cruelty is the point.  They don't actually lament brown people dying in the desert, or sitting in cages.  They LIKE IT.  It's a "strike back" at the "horde/invasion" that's "assaulting our nation."  When your counterparts think that way, dialogue is dead.  Anything that doesn't inflict punishment, suffering, and insult to the south is a non-starter.

Would you like assistance in finding and collecting your marbles?

7 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Why? He’s not wrong. We’re holding children indefinitely apart from their parents and now sending them to internment camps from WWII. 6 children have died in US custody during this administration, but millions of dollars are going to private prisons operating these facilities- including one where the President’s former chief of staff is a board member. This border policy is one of the most fucked up things I’ve seen our country do, and the silence from GOP in the Senate and the administration is fucking frightening 

47 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I have restated the actual policy basis for these positions from the White House.  Guys like Sessions and Miller have actually stated that draconian policies that cause suffering are intentional, and that suffering is a desired outcome, because they think that will deter additional migrants.

Own who and what you are, and to whom you have chosen to give your loyalty.  It's not a secret, and you're not fooling anyone.

16 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I have restated the actual policy basis for these positions from the White House.  Guys like Sessions and Miller have actually stated that draconian policies that cause suffering are intentional, and that suffering is a desired outcome, because they think that will deter additional migrants.

Own who and what you are, and to whom you have chosen to give your loyalty.  It's not a secret, and you're not fooling anyone.

Oh, they're definitely fooling themselves.  Your average Republican has an infinite capacity for self delusion.

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Also only funded 35k beds for single only “migrants”. No family centers. No children centers. No more beds. Forcing more catch and release  

100% open borders

McLaughlin noted that he called his Republican congressman, William Hurd, as well as the two Texas senators, the governor, and the state attorney general, but can’t get any meaningful response from them. “I don’t hear any of them prioritizing this issue. We had a citizen last week who was just on his property right where they stopped the freight train. Some of the illegals got off the train, got on his property, and confronted him. One of them started to get aggressive and the guy threatened him. That night he and his family couldn’t sleep. His grandkids won’t even come over any more to swim in the pool unless he sits there with a shotgun. That’s how much traffic we’re getting here right in Uvalde. He’s a farmer who’s been here all his life and is now thinking of moving.”

https://www.autonews.com/sales/dealers-get-glimpse-bronco-prototype

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

Quote:

WASHINGTON House Democrats again stopped the House from considering humanitarian aid for the border crisis. Today, Democrats blocked a motion that would have allowed the House to consider Homeland Security Ranking Member Mike Rogers' (R-Ala.) H.R. 3056, the Border Crisis Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019, which provides $4.5 billion to address the humanitarian and security crisis at the southwest border. Rogers introduced H.R. 3056 as an amendment to H.R. 2740, a minibus appropriations bill, with Appropriations Ranking Member Kay Granger (R-Texas).

"Ranking Member Granger and I filed an amendment to the minibus which would have provided the $4.5 billion requested by the president," Rogers said on the House floor. "It would have replenished critical funds needed to feed and shelter migrant families and unaccompanied children, provide urgent medical care and transportation services, and pay the growing costs of overtime for the men and women of DHS working on the frontlines of this crisisDemocrats need to stop denying the facts and blaming the President for this crisis. The time has come to face reality and work with the President and Republicans in Congress to immediately resolve this humanitarian crisis."

https://www.justtherealnews.com/2019/06/11/blocked-democrats-block-humanitarian-border-aid-for-third-time/

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:
Quote:

WASHINGTON House Democrats again stopped the House from considering humanitarian aid for the border crisis. Today, Democrats blocked a motion that would have allowed the House to consider Homeland Security Ranking Member Mike Rogers' (R-Ala.) H.R. 3056, the Border Crisis Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019, which provides $4.5 billion to address the humanitarian and security crisis at the southwest border. Rogers introduced H.R. 3056 as an amendment to H.R. 2740, a minibus appropriations bill, with Appropriations Ranking Member Kay Granger (R-Texas).

"Ranking Member Granger and I filed an amendment to the minibus which would have provided the $4.5 billion requested by the president," Rogers said on the House floor. "It would have replenished critical funds needed to feed and shelter migrant families and unaccompanied children, provide urgent medical care and transportation services, and pay the growing costs of overtime for the men and women of DHS working on the frontlines of this crisisDemocrats need to stop denying the facts and blaming the President for this crisis. The time has come to face reality and work with the President and Republicans in Congress to immediately resolve this humanitarian crisis."

https://www.justtherealnews.com/2019/06/11/blocked-democrats-block-humanitarian-border-aid-for-third-time/

They're hesitant to appropriate money that the president will just divert for his vanity project?

Shocking.

3 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Why? He’s not wrong. We’re holding children indefinitely apart from their parents and now sending them to internment camps from WWII. 6 children have died in US custody during this administration, but millions of dollars are going to private prisons operating these facilities- including one where the President’s former chief of staff is a board member. This border policy is one of the most fucked up things I’ve seen our country do, and the silence from GOP in the Senate and the administration is fucking frightening 

He’s wrong with his rhetoric, yes.

Nobody wants brown people to die at the border, and frankly we don’t want to put people in detention facilities either, but it’s the result of an unprotected border. Keep people from crossing illegally and you keep the US from having to use detention facilities. 

I’d like to see a combination of secured wall along the complete southern border, and funding/infrastructure enhancements to immigration offices and visa programs to make sure that immigrants (that are going to be good Americans and not criminals or terror threats) are let in timely. Bring as many as you want in, we need the workers, but make sure they’re vetted first. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable compromise.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Nobody wants brown people to die at the border, and frankly we don’t want to put people in detention facilities either, but it’s the result of an unprotected border. Keep people from crossing illegally and you keep the US from having to use detention facilities. 

I’d like to see a combination of secured wall along the complete southern border, and funding/infrastructure enhancements to immigration offices and visa programs to make sure that immigrants (that are going to be good Americans and not criminals or terror threats) are let in timely. Bring as many as you want in, we need the workers, but make sure they’re vetted first. I don’t think that’s an unreasonable compromise.

There will never, ever be a secured wall along the complete southern border.

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Oh really?

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Nobody wants brown people to die at the border, and frankly we don’t want to put people in detention facilities either, but it’s the result of an unprotected border. 

This is not founded in facts. Illegal crossings were at a decades long low before this policy was enacted. The cruelty is the point, and that’s exactly what Stephen Miller’s intention is. The crisis is manufactured and the separating of children from their parents is unnecessary. It’s all a choice, not because of outer circumstances. 

The problem with this approach is not that it's tough on the border crossers, it's that it's inhumane. It's alarming that people can't note the difference between the two words. 

Because he is the epitome of a weak coward, Trump equates cruelty with toughness, and his lackeys have sold him on a long game philosophy that being cruel to, and making an example of, today's wave will discourage future waves. 

Tomorrow they'll tout the same downward trending border numbers that they ignore today, and will claim that the strategy worked. 

When the truth will be, it didn't work, and the numbers have been trending down for years. Ironically, it can be claimed that the decrease in illegal immigration is a result of the opportunities brought about by the same free trade agreement which they have lambasted as unfair and bad for America. 

It would typically lead one to ask, "What exactly does this administration aim to achieve?" 

But asking that question is a waste of time, because any semblance of strategy brought forward by this crop of fools is just a heap of scattershot uneducated nonsense. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Enchubben said:

Stand down good sir! I will have you know that you are speaking negatively and directly to a good friend of the prince of whales, a man of not only great importance to the aquatic underworld and a direct descendant of Neptune, but a man who has the ear of the president himself!  Have you not been following dear leaders tweets regarding the prince? Well I suggest you start pay more attention!

15 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Also only funded 35k beds for single only “migrants”. No family centers. No children centers. No more beds. Forcing more catch and release  

100% open borders

McLaughlin noted that he called his Republican congressman, William Hurd, as well as the two Texas senators, the governor, and the state attorney general, but can’t get any meaningful response from them. “I don’t hear any of them prioritizing this issue. We had a citizen last week who was just on his property right where they stopped the freight train. Some of the illegals got off the train, got on his property, and confronted him. One of them started to get aggressive and the guy threatened him. That night he and his family couldn’t sleep. His grandkids won’t even come over any more to swim in the pool unless he sits there with a shotgun. That’s how much traffic we’re getting here right in Uvalde. He’s a farmer who’s been here all his life and is now thinking of moving.”

https://www.autonews.com/sales/dealers-get-glimpse-bronco-prototype

I think you maybe meant to share this article. Let’s just say it hits close to home. 

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/texas-town-overrun-with-crime-and-disease-the-mayor-has-had-enough

1 minute ago, achooloco said:

You cited the blaze? Oof, this will not end well for you.

I realize that, but given that I have familiarity with the location, subject matter, and the person interviewed I felt comfortable sharing it. 

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I realize that, but given that I have familiarity with the location, subject matter, and the person interviewed I felt comfortable sharing it. 

And given that we're familiar with your posting history I'm pretty sure we all feel comfortable dismissing it.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I think you maybe meant to share this article. Let’s just say it hits close to home. 

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/texas-town-overrun-with-crime-and-disease-the-mayor-has-had-enough

So not only are the immigrants brown, but they’re shipping the black Africans here too. And to San Antonio?!? My God! That’s even worse news than before! What are they gonna eat? 

Plus apparently the immigrants are getting more “aggressive” and some old white dudes grandkids won’t swim in his pool anymore unless he guards it with a shotgun. I bet that dude voted for Hillary too. 

Uh. Ok. Thanks anyway for the laugh grhorn. 

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

So not only are the immigrants brown, but they’re shipping the black Africans here too. And to San Antonio?!? My God! That’s even worse news than before! What are they gonna eat? 

Plus apparently the immigrants are getting more “aggressive” and some old white dudes grandkids won’t swim in his pool anymore unless he guards it with a shotgun. I bet that dude voted for Hillary too. 

Uh. Ok. Thanks anyway for the laugh grhorn. 

That’s one a pretty cynical reading of it, I guess. Some other more pertinent takeaways  

How about Border Patrol facilities being overrun, illegal aliens having to be shipped on buses out on the dime of local communities (and poor ones at that) before they’re just set loose?

How about understaffed Border Patrol seeing plenty of illegals that they can’t stop?

How about rampant auto thefts and human smuggling? (I know a few people that have had vehicles stolen only to be found completely trashed on the sign of the road  or wrecked after high speed chases.)

I’m guessing these things don’t matter to you because I bet you live a safe distance from them. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

That’s one a pretty cynical reading of it, I guess. Some other more pertinent takeaways  

How about Border Patrol facilities being overrun, illegal aliens having to be shipped on buses out on the dime of local communities (and poor ones at that) before they’re just set loose?

How about understaffed Border Patrol seeing plenty of illegals that they can’t stop?

How about rampant auto thefts and human smuggling? (I know a few people that have had vehicles stolen only to be found completely trashed on the sign of the road  or wrecked after high speed chases.)

I’m guessing these things don’t matter to you because I bet you live a safe distance from them. 

Yeah, none of those things happen in Texas cities.

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

When I turned 18 (‘91) the US murder and crime rate were the highest in recorded American history. Cars back then got broken into all the time, including my own. Can’t be sure if an illegal did it or not since nobody ever got caught. Luckily that was the worst of it for me, money wise anyway. Had a couple attempted burglary and robbery at gunpoint but lived to survive both of those with no harm done. 

Today those days are long, long gone and frankly I don’t give a shit about some fear mongering racist anti illegal immigrant article (with the added bonus of black Africans are coming here too) claiming some old white dude’s grandkids can’t swim in his pool anymore because of the “aggressive” illegals.

Its all a fuckin’ stupid joke that is both funny and sad at the same time. I’d say you’ve fallen for it but you’re either a troll or just too plain dumb to see it. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 1

Was laughing because father in law had to provide his birth certificate when he was getting his license renewed in Texas.  Then Tony Kornheiser in DC was taking about how he had to provide a birth certificate, a current bill that had to be paid showing his current address, and notes from his eye doctor and his doctor saying he was fit to drive.  DC is 93+ %  Democrat.  Have these always been in place?  I could see how this would hinder older voters.  

Edited by Mdhorn

16 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

In the real world they don’t. Maybe GRHorn lives in the matrix though. Did ya ever think of that? I didn’t think so. 

I live in San Antonio.  The auto theft is absolutely real, and a symptom of the larger problem. I know people who have had trucks stolen from the Quarry parking lot, hospital parking lots. They end up being found a couple weeks later abandoned by Cotulla or Bracketville or some place like that.  Completely wrecked, filled with garbage and feces. They are used for trafficking. These issues are worse the closer you get to the border. They don’t happen near you so they don’t exist, I get it.

As for the claims that Border Patrol is overwhelmed, i guess you dispute that as well?

17 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, none of those things happen in Texas cities.

I couldn’t tell if serious or just saying it doesn’t happen in the bigger cities so it doesn’t matter?

Edited by GRHorn

58 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I live in San Antonio.  The auto theft is absolutely real, and a symptom of the larger problem. I know people who have had trucks stolen from the Quarry parking lot, hospital parking lots. They end up being found a couple weeks later abandoned by Cotulla or Bracketville or some place like that.  Completely wrecked, filled with garbage and feces. They are used for trafficking. These issues are worse the closer you get to the border. They don’t happen near you so they don’t exist, I get it.

As for the claims that Border Patrol is overwhelmed, i guess you dispute that as well?

I couldn’t tell if serious or just saying it doesn’t happen in the bigger cities so it doesn’t matter?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expressnews.com/news/local/amp/Violent-crime-rate-down-in-San-Antonio-but-up-in-13257119.php

In 1990 back when crime was out of control and reached its highest levels ever,  we only had about 3.5 million illegal immigrants in the country. Since that time the crime rate has plummeted while the number of illegals has gone up to around 10 million. Apparently the way to lower the crime rate is to let in more illegals? 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/12/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Yet there are still tons and tons of dipshits, like the king of the dipshits president trump, who continually argue that illegal immigrants bring more crime here, with no evidence whatsoever to support that assertion other than some illegal dude committed a crime somewhere. 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:16 AM, JimmyJames said:

Crime in SA down, still highest of the top 15 biggest cities in America. Great. Imagine how much lower it could be if we could lower the amount of human trafficking? 

On 6/15/2019 at 10:42 AM, JimmyJames said:

In 1990 back when crime was out of control and reached its highest levels ever,  we only had about 3.5 million illegal immigrants in the country. Since that time the crime rate has plummeted while the number of illegals has gone up to around 10 million. Apparently the way to lower the crime rate is to let in more illegals? 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/06/12/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Yet there are still tons and tons of dipshits, like the king of the dipshits president trump, who continually argue that illegal immigrants bring more crime here, with no evidence whatsoever to support that assertion other than some illegal dude committed a crime somewhere. 

Yes, violent crime has been trending down all over the country for years.  In addition to increasing illegal immigration during that time we’ve also had progressively loosened  gun laws all over the country.

Maybe it’s reversing gun control that’s doing it, eh JJ?

Am I doing this right?

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Crime in SA down, still highest of the top 15 biggest cities in America. Great. Imagine how much lower it could be if we could lower the amount of human trafficking? 

Yes, violent crime has been trending down all over the country for years.  In addition to increasing illegal immigration during that time we’ve also had progressively loosened  gun laws all over the country.

Am I doing this right?

So I guess we should arm all the illegals then and the crime rate will plummet even further. 

I’m not the one arguing that illegal caused crime is out of control. That would be you and president dipshit. 

So under the obama administration, somehow that Black Muslim managed to reduce the number of illegal immigrants living in the country from 12.2 million to 10.7 million, and he didn’t need to psychologically torture young kids to do it. 

In the meantime president dipshit has it reduced from 10.7 to 10.5 million but has had to psychologically torture some kids in the process. 

So if border agents are supposedly “overwhelmed” then why have the number of illegals gone down? 

Trump and the trumpkins, in their warped reality view and complete lack of logic, argue that trump is both solving the border crisis, with for example tariffs on Mexico, and the border crises is also getting worse. 

Trumpkins and logic don’t mix well together. 

3 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Am I doing this right?

Link to where human trafficking is causing the spike in SA violent crime? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, achooloco said:

Link to where human trafficking is causing the spike in SA violent crime? Thanks. 

There is no link because there’s no spike in violent crime. 

Trumpkins have to somehow justify treating illegal immigrants like dogshit so they latch on to the things like human trafficking, which everyone on the planet opposes, and uses it to justify cruelty and psychological torture of young children by the trump administration. 

You see in the trumpkin mind, the psychological torture of young children, while regrettable, is unfortunately made necessary due to illegal immigrants who engage in human trafficking, and is therefore definitely not trump and the trumpkins fault. 

The mind has amazing ways of tricking itself. It doesn’t excuse their behavior but it partially explains it

7 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

So I guess we should arm all the illegals then and the crime rate will plummet even further. 

I’m not the one arguing that illegal caused crime is out of control. That would be you and president dipshit. 

I never argued that. I argued that you were removed from any crime related to illegal immigration so you didn’t care and I stand by that. 

4 hours ago, achooloco said:

I never stated there was a spike in SA. Im saying there definitely is crime related to it. 

I’m also stating what I know from living here and growing up close to the border. 

My educated guess is JJ has almost no fucking connection to areas near the border and thus has no skin in the game as far as improving conditions there.

I’m from there. I know it’s worsened significantly. 

JJ is a buffoon that lets his hate of Trump cloud his judgment regarding how to address the situation on the border for regular American citizens. 

Now I will admit that the last time I actually crossed into Mexico was 98 or 99. So if you mean Mexican border towns and not American border towns then yes, the drug cartels have definitely turned them into dangerous hellholes, especially after dark. 

I’d still go into Mexico in the day if I had to, but have managed to avoid that anyway so no matter.