DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Every liberal for gun confiscation of any kind needs to be FOR the wall. Our non-existent border can’t keep anything from crossing and illegal weapons are just a new source of profit that can eventually replace drug trafficking 

Man, I imagine that I'd feel fucking awesome if I could go through life this comprehensively uninformed and yet this confident that I knew everything.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Other than the fact that a 2000 mile long won't work worth a shit, sure.

And of course, we already have a guns-crossing-the-border problem.....it's just the other way. 70% of the recovered weapons used in crime in Mexico came from the US.  Sounds like Mexico needs to slap some tariffs on the US until we get a handle on all the illegal weapons we're letting into their country, amirite?

Didn’t say physical wall...A combination of physical, electronic, drones and man power. And an orderly process for asylum and immigration applications that doesn’t  exploit border towns on both sides. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Man, I imagine that I'd feel fucking awesome if I could go through life this comprehensively uninformed and yet this confident that I knew everything.

You believe there will be no black market for guns crossing the southern border if gun confiscation comes to fruition?  

Must be awesome to be so naive 

• Like 1

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Didn’t say physical wall...A combination of physical, electronic, drones and man power. And an orderly process for asylum and immigration applications that don’t exploit border towns on both sides. 

So....not a wall.  Even though you said "wall."  Which is a word.  With a definition.  That means a physical structure.

Jesus tapdancing christ you people are fucking stupid beyond belief.  "I said wall, but I didn't mean wall."  Well, I say you're a dumbass, and I mean "you're a dumbass."  You people are too fucking stupid to even argue with.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So....not a wall.  Even though you said "wall."  Which is a word.  With a definition.  That means a physical structure.

Jesus tapdancing christ you people are fucking stupid beyond belief.  "I said wall, but I didn't mean wall."  Well, I say you're a dumbass, and I mean "you're a dumbass."  You people are too fucking stupid to even argue with.

He talks like them/them talk like he

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well I do agree that there are areas that will benefit from a physical wall, but don’t believe it is a 100% all or nothing solution. Physical barriers have helped in San Diego, El Paso etc. To simply disregard physical barriers is foolish and a current symptom of Trump hate - as Nancy and the Gals didn’t have a problem with physical barriers during the Obama administration (even voting for them!)

It takes multiple solutions, and disregarding a basic and very effective one because of political optics is party over country. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Well I do agree that there are areas that will benefit from a physical wall, but don’t believe it is a 100% all or nothing solution. Physical barriers have helped in San Diego, El Paso etc. To simply disregard physical barriers is foolish and a current symptom of Trump hate - as Nancy and the Gals didn’t have a problem with physical barriers during the Obama administration (even voting for them!)

It takes multiple solutions, and disregarding a basic and very effective one because of political optics is party over country. 

Then discuss multiple solutions in the first place, and not a fucking partisan catchphrase, you fucking mouthbreather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Then discuss multiple solutions in the first place, and not a fucking partisan catchphrase, you fucking mouthbreather.

What you're forgetting is that the mouthbreathers have to turn "Wall" into a proper noun to cover for the fact that their godking is a fucking idiot who can't speak English and keeps saying "we need wall!" 

Other options. 

Cooperate with Mexico to have asylum seekers be able to apply in the first safe country the reach. Set up centers in these countries to process on site or in the first safe country. Have all those denied asylum be allowed to apply for a work visa and establish and office that grants a number of 12 month worker visas based on labor force needs for the country. Allow easy travel back and forth. Document everyone crossing our border as best we can. Take away any incentives to staying in the shadows. 

• Like 1

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

Other options. 

Cooperate with Mexico to have asylum seekers be able to apply in the first safe country the reach. Set up centers in these countries to process on site or in the first safe country. Have all those denied asylum be allowed to apply for a work visa and establish and office that grants a number of 12 month worker visas based on labor force needs for the country. Allow easy travel back and forth. Document everyone crossing our border as best we can. Take away any incentives to staying in the shadows. 

Other people around here - who you and your orange god regularly condemn as libtards and such - have already suggested many similar mechanisms.  You and yours respond with "WALL."

Sit down and shut the fuck up, you stupid motherfucker.  You have no credibility, you purposefully chose to burn it.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

These kids have heartbeats too. 

Until they die of thirst in the desert, get screwed by the coyotes, or get mumps. 

https://qz.com/1626803/ice-struggles-to-contain-spread-of-mumps-in-its-detention-centers/

If only there was some type of physical barrier to prevent illegal immigration and forcing people to follow laws..

Edited by Zavala
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

So strong. Peace be with you. 

Fuck off.  Strife be with you.  You play by your stupid rules, you use your stupid rhetoric, you get called on it.  Act like an infantile fuckstick, get treated like an infantile fuckstick.  Stupidity, like elections, has consequences.

• Like 6

Chicken with some gamergate-type bullshit now. "Why won't these people we've been making shitloads of death threats to work with us to establish better standards for ethics in gaming journalism!? They're being so unreasonable!"

You mouthbreathing racist fuckheads made it pretty clear that we're enemies. We're going to respond in kind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TexEx15 said:

apparently this woman has it all figured out. 

Take the racist shit out of the equation.....and fire the hell out of her for being a complete moron.  She thought tweets were private?  She's too dumb to teach dogs to shit in the yard.

US immigration detention centres caught serving spoiled food as investigation reveals nooses in cells

An investigation has found nooses in cells of US immigrations detention centres with staff serving spoiled food and wrongly putting people in isolation.

Homeland security inspectors visited four Immigration and Customs Enforcement(ICE) centres and described “egregious violations” of standards at two of them including inadequate medical care.

Between May and November 2018, investigators arrived unannounced at Adelanto ICE Processing Centre in California, LaSalle ICE Processing Centre in Louisiana, Aurora ICE Processing Centre in Colorado and Essex County Correctional Facility in New Jersey.

The first three are privately run by GEO Group; together the four sites can hold up to 4,981 people.

The worst conditions, constituting “immediate risks or egregious violations of detention standards” were encountered at Adelanto and Essex County.

They added: “The inspection at the Adelanto facility revealed significant health and safety risks, including nooses in detainee cells, improper and overly restrictive segregation, and inadequate detainee medical care.

“At the Essex facility, we found unreported security incidents, food safety issues, and facility conditions that endanger detainee health.”

Food handling at Essex was so poor the kitchen manager was replaced during the inspection. “Open packages of raw chicken leaked blood all over refrigeration units ... lunch meat was slimy, foul-smelling and appeared to be spoiled; and mouldy bread was stored in the refrigerator.”

Use of segregation cells was found to break ICE rules in three centres.

Investigators wrote: “Our spot inspections of the Adelanto, Essex, and Aurora facilities identified serious issues with the administrative and disciplinary segregation of detainees. Two facilities prematurely placed detainees in disciplinary segregation.

“All three facilities placed detainees in disciplinary segregation in restraints when outside their cells. One facility strip-searched detainees entering segregation. Two facilities did not provide detainees in segregation the required recreation time or time outside cells.”

Our nation is committing fucking atrocities in the name of "DEY TURK UR JURRRRBS!" and tin-pot ultra right wing economic theory. All just to dehumanize and abuse people seeking a better life and future. This is America. Our reality TV show president really is the best representation of our nation at home and abroad.

EDIT: And in case anyone thinks this is some partisan reporting, here's the DHS Inspector General report covering all four facilities. Complete with pictures for those of us who can't read good.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:53 AM, Brisketexan said:

I just want to be certain about the intent of your comment to chicken sandwich. Are you inferring he is a dumbass or is there another meaning of dumbass that I am not aware of? The Trumpkins just need a double clarification from you Brisket. 

Edited by UpperWestside

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

US immigration detention centres caught serving spoiled food as investigation reveals nooses in cells

Our nation is committing fucking atrocities in the name of "DEY TURK UR JURRRRBS!" and tin-pot ultra right wing economic theory. All just to dehumanize and abuse people seeking a better life and future. This is America. Our reality TV show president really is the best representation of our nation at home and abroad.

EDIT: And in case anyone thinks this is some partisan reporting, here's the DHS Inspector General report covering all four facilities. Complete with pictures for those of us who can't read good.

It's incredibly sad to see this. These people are largely making America a better place and they are treated like animals. We are being lead by some soulless and sadistic assholes. 

Oh this is a really depressing rabbit hole to fall down. Here's the report on what's happening here in El Paso.

There's pictures of people shoulder to shoulder crammed into rooms so tight they can't sit down. The report says further down "Specifically, Border Patrol agents told us some single adults had been held in standing-room-only conditions for days or weeks."

Mexican man faces federal charges in Texas crash that left 6 dead

Ivan Dario Puga-Moreno of Montemorelos, Mexico, is accused of driving a vehicle that was found in ditch near Robstown on Wednesday.

Six people were found dead at the scene and nine were taken to the hospital with injuries described as significant, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of Texas. 

An investigation revealed Puga-Moreno was the vehicle's driver, a news release from the office states. A court document states he was trying to smuggle more than a dozen undocumented immigrants.

A woman who identified herself as Puga-Moreno's girlfriend was contacted by authorities. She told law enforcement Puga-Moreno was an undocumented immigrant. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/08/mexican-national-charged-robstown-crash-killed-6-migrants/1390182001/

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/10/dhs-agents-treat-undocumented-immigrants-criminals-hospitals-shackling-them-beds-and

new report by Physicians for Human Rights (PHR) revealed Monday that although most of these migrants have broken no laws other than the misdemeanor of crossing the border without going through a designated entry point, the agents frequently shackle them to beds, insist on standing guard in their rooms, and interfere with their care in a number of ways.

"Doctors, who have a moral and ethical obligation and duty to care for patients, are actively being prevented from carrying out the practice of medicine as they've been trained to practice it," Kathryn Hampton, a program officer for PHR and a co-author of the report, told the New York Times.

The study details a number of cases of agents intimidating doctors and hospital staff as they refused to leave physicians with patients for private exams and attempting to pressure doctors into discharging immigrants early.

PHR described the case of one critically ill patient who was shackled to a bed by agents who refused to give his doctor a reason for the restraints after repeated questioning.

"I couldn't think of the rationale of chaining someone who is so sick he almost died," the physician told PHR.

In other cases described in the report, agents insisted on standing guard in the room while patients were examined, had private conversations with their doctors, and demanded that the doors to patients' rooms be kept open

Our nation deserves every bit of shit we get for this for the rest of our lives. And our children's lives.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:31 PM, UpperWestside said:

These people are largely making America a better place

Please expound further.    These aren't doctors, lawyers, and other professionals coming across. 

I have to assume the vast majority are normal, law abiding people, but how does that make America better?  More crowds and watered down average income doesn't necessarily mean "better".

• Like 1

The acting Homeland Security secretary gave lawmakers a glimpse Tuesday into just how many asylum seekers skip their hearings after being released into the United States -- telling a Senate panel that a recent program found 90 percent miss their court dates.

“It depends on demographic, the court, but we see too many cases where people are not showing up,” he said, telling Graham that DHS recently conducted a pilot program with family units.

“Out of those 7,000 cases, 90 received final orders of removal in absentia, 90 percent,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-secretary-reveals-startling-stat-on-asylum-seekers-who-skip-hearings-disappear.amp

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

“Out of those 7,000 cases, 90 received final orders of removal in absentia, 90 percent,” he said.

That's an interestingly worded quote there. Also of note is the fact that, in every other review for any other time period, 90% show up.  That would be an unprecedented statistical turnaround. 

I'm guessing the first part of his statement is accurate. 90 of 7000 received final orders of removal in absentia. And the way he stated it will allow him to walk back the lie later. After Congress uses his lie to torture kids, of course. 

This policy of inflating the labor supply boosts economic growth for investors because it ensures that employers do not have to compete for American workers by offering higher wages and better working conditions.

This policy of flooding the market with cheap, foreign, white-collar graduates and blue-collar labor also shifts enormous wealth from young employees towards older investors, even as it also widens wealth gaps, reduces high-tech investment, increases state and local tax burdens, and hurts children’s schools and college educations. It also pushes Americans away from high-tech careers and sidelines millions of marginalized Americans, including many who are now struggling with fentanyl addictions. The labor policy also moves business investment and wealth from the heartland to the coastal citiesexplodes rents and housing costsshrivels real estate values in the Midwest, and rewards investors for creating low-tech, labor-intensive workplaces.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/06/12/washington-post-migration-crisis-is-driven-by-economics-not-crime/

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The acting Homeland Security secretary gave lawmakers a glimpse Tuesday into just how many asylum seekers skip their hearings after being released into the United States -- telling a Senate panel that a recent program found 90 percent miss their court dates.

“It depends on demographic, the court, but we see too many cases where people are not showing up,” he said, telling Graham that DHS recently conducted a pilot program with family units.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/dhs-secretary-reveals-startling-stat-on-asylum-seekers-who-skip-hearings-disappear.amp

7 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

This policy of inflating the labor supply boosts economic growth for investors because it ensures that employers do not have to compete for American workers by offering higher wages and better working conditions.

This policy of flooding the market with cheap, foreign, white-collar graduates and blue-collar labor also shifts enormous wealth from young employees towards older investors, even as it also widens wealth gaps, reduces high-tech investment, increases state and local tax burdens, and hurts children’s schools and college educations. It also pushes Americans away from high-tech careers and sidelines millions of marginalized Americans, including many who are now struggling with fentanyl addictions. The labor policy also moves business investment and wealth from the heartland to the coastal citiesexplodes rents and housing costsshrivels real estate values in the Midwest, and rewards investors for creating low-tech, labor-intensive workplaces.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2019/06/12/washington-post-migration-crisis-is-driven-by-economics-not-crime/

Just so you know, if the evidence you're linking is just more links to breitbart articles, I'm not going to take your argument seriously. The fox news blurb you posted also has zero supporting evidence besides an individual's account - that again had no supporting evidence.

I would counter your non-fact-based talking points with facts. Here's DOJ's statistics book for FY 2017. Here's the relevant portion:

When an alien fails to appear for a hearing, the IJ may conduct a hearing in the alien’s absence (in absentia). The in absentia rate refers to the proportion of all IJ decisions at the ICC where the removal order is issued in absentia.

Figure 25. From FY 2016 to FY 2017, the overall I-862 in absentia rate increased by about eight percent. In the same period, the never detained in absentia rate increased 18 percent. The released rate increased 13 percent.

imgur

So color me dubious of the claim that 90% of asylum seekers are absent from their court hearing. Because DOJ's own public statistics dispute that.

Liberals: Trump is sending immigrant children to an internment camp!!!

Conservatives :  No he isnt’t.

Liberals: Well they are sending them to a former internment camp.

Conservatives: It’s now an army base.

Liberals: Its still racist.

Conservatives: Obama did the same thing.

Liberals: Racist!!!!!!

Conservatives: let’s build a wall so we can cut back on having to put kids in an army base.

Liberals: racist racist racist racist....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Liberals: Trump is sending immigrant children to an internment camp!!!

Conservatives :  No he isnt’t.

Liberals: Well they are sending them to a former internment camp.

Conservatives: It’s now an army base.

Liberals: Its still racist.

Conservatives: Obama did the same thing.

Liberals: Racist!!!!!!

Conservatives: let’s build a wall so we can cut back on having to put kids in an army base.

Liberals: racist racist racist racist....

Donald Trump is a racist. That is undeniable. You support and apologize for a racist.

Well done.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

You still literally believe a trillion dollars wall is going to stem illegal immigration?

I think it will reduce the amount of it, yes. Perhaps significantly, but hard to say since we don’t even know how many are crossing through now.

51 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Donald Trump is a racist. That is undeniable. You support and apologize for a racist.

Well done.

Must have struck a nerve, weird. 

Feel free to support Biden and his groping, sniffing, and rubbing of little girls in 2020 though. Well done.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

47 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

I think it will reduce the amount of it, yes. Perhaps significantly, but hard to say since we don’t even know how many are crossing through now.

good to know you're all for ceding territory to mexico and fucking up wildlife for 2000 miles. come on, think it through, ...sorry, i honestly can't make an argument for how mind numbingly fucking dumb the idea is without resorting to attacking the people thinking it's possible. Two seconds of weighing the pros and cons and it is flat earth/Qanon/the-bible-is-literal level fucking dumb. I just don't get how intelligent adults who get along fine in every day life and contribute to society could give it an ounce of credibility. I'm shocked really.

Must have struck a nerve, weird. 
Feel free to support Biden and his groping, sniffing, and rubbing of little girls in 2020 though. Well done.

Wait...how a candidate treats females is a thing to you....and you support Trump?

I love you people. I had no idea how expansive stupidity could truly be. Now, I just watch in amazement.
  • Like 2