DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I never argued that. I argued that you were removed from any crime related to illegal immigration so you didn’t care and I stand by that. 

I never stated there was a spike in SA. Im saying there definitely is crime related to it. 

I’m also stating what I know from living here and growing up close to the border. 

My educated guess is JJ has almost no fucking connection to areas near the border and thus has no skin in the game as far as improving conditions there.

I’m from there. I know it’s worsened significantly. 

JJ is a buffoon that lets his hate of Trump cloud his judgment regarding how to address the situation on the border for regular American citizens. 

Let’s test your Texas border knowledge bona fides. Which border town would you say has the best Tex mex food? 

GRHorn, I think you live in a reality distortion field caused by partisanship. It’s a shame. The bullshit machine appears to have made you that most un-Texan of things: scared of your own neighbors.
You should be enjoying living in one of the safest and most prosperous periods in American history. Instead, you’re fretting about brown people from Mexico stealing your car. What a pity.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Let’s test your Texas border knowledge bona fides. Which border town would you say has the best Tex mex food? 

Are we talking before it got so dangerous that even locals won’t cross the border? When I grew up by the border we used to go across all the time. Now almost nobody goes over   

Acuna-most people would’ve said Crosby’s but I always liked Manuel’s best 

Piedras- the favorite there was always the Maderno 

Nuevo Laredo- have been to Cadillac bar but don’t remember much about it honestly. 

43 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

GRHorn, I think you live in a reality distortion field caused by partisanship. It’s a shame. The bullshit machine appears to have made you that most un-Texan of things: scared of your own neighbors.
You should be enjoying living in one of the safest and most prosperous periods in American history. Instead, you’re fretting about brown people from Mexico stealing your car. What a pity.

I do enjoy living here.  I’m not scared of my neighbors. This is one issue that triggers me honestly. I can’t stand when people act like nothing has changed and it’s all good along the border, because it’s not. 

Its not good on the Mexican side of the border. Everyone knows that and has known that for almost 2 decades now. Do you acknowledge that or not? And what the fuck does that have to do with trump and his bullshit immigration policy?

Here’s an excerpt from the article a posted earlier. Care to respond?

The Border Is Pretty Safe

Border cities get a bad rap as violent, but the Rio Grande Valley is extremely safe. Of the 24 Texas metro areas ranked by the FBI, Brownsville comes in dead last, with 240 incidents of violent crime per 100,000 people. Nearby McAllen comes in at #18, with 286 per 100,000.

8 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Are we talking before it got so dangerous that even locals won’t cross the border? When I grew up by the border we used to go across all the time. Now almost nobody goes over   

Nuevo Laredo- have been to Cadillac bar but don’t remember much about it honestly. 

I do enjoy living here.  I’m not scared of my neighbors. This is one issue that triggers me honestly. I can’t stand when people act like nothing has changed and it’s all good along the border, because it’s not. 

You’re trying too hard. 

32 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Wow. You sure did seem to visit a lot of fairly obscure Mexican border towns. Acuna and piedras?  And then Nuevo Laredo too? You’re the first person I’ve ever met whose been to all three of those places. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Give us your poor, your tired, your cartel members

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/now_the_cartel_members_are_asking_for_asylum.html

KVOA News 4, the Tucson NBC affiliate, has reported on a June 10, 2019, gun battle that took place across the border from Douglas, Ariz., in Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico. That gun battle apparently involved an internal dispute among members of the Sinaloa drug cartel and, by the end, almost 12 people had died. A gun battle directly across the border from the United States in which almost a dozen people were killed would be shocking enough.
One passage in that report, however, underscores the biggest difficulty the United States faces in securing its Southwest border: "Sources told News 4 Tucson four cartel members showed up at the port of entry asking for asylum and claimed 'credible fear'."
Given the low standard, the regrettable thing is that those cartel members likely were found to have a credible fear of persecution and/or torture.
  • Like 1

ICE Argues Migrants In Camps Are Free To Die At Any Time

Spoiler

mw0rdjxssyysn7utxfzq.jpg

WASHINGTON—Defending the law enforcement agency from criticism about detaining thousands of people who had been living or seeking asylum in the U.S., Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials argued Tuesday that migrants in their camps are free to die at any time. “It’s been our position from the beginning that if anyone we’ve detained doesn’t like it here, they’re welcome to drop dead,” said ICE acting director Mark Morgan, adding that accusations about poor conditions at the agency’s facilities completely ignored the fact that migrants were categorically permitted to expire at any time of their choosing. “Don’t point fingers at us, okay? If migrants want to go meet their maker, that’s their prerogative. That’s our policy for any detained migrant, no matter their status or age—they all have free rein to perish from this earth at any moment and return to dust. No one’s keeping them alive here.” Morgan backed up his assertions by noting that several detained migrants had chosen to die already and the agency hadn’t lifted a finger to stop them.

I'm not entirely sure that this is satire. I would need to see an actual Trump supporter say something bizarre and weird like, "I don't want immigrants to die." Actually, I'd need more than one Trump supporter to say that. I'd like to see an overwhelming majority of them saying that. I'd like a billion dollars, too, while I'm wishing for things I'll never get.

48 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Give us your poor, your tired, your cartel members

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/06/now_the_cartel_members_are_asking_for_asylum.html

KVOA News 4, the Tucson NBC affiliate, has reported on a June 10, 2019, gun battle that took place across the border from Douglas, Ariz., in Agua Prieta, Sonora, Mexico. That gun battle apparently involved an internal dispute among members of the Sinaloa drug cartel and, by the end, almost 12 people had died. A gun battle directly across the border from the United States in which almost a dozen people were killed would be shocking enough.
One passage in that report, however, underscores the biggest difficulty the United States faces in securing its Southwest border: "Sources told News 4 Tucson four cartel members showed up at the port of entry asking for asylum and claimed 'credible fear'."
Given the low standard, the regrettable thing is that those cartel members likely were found to have a credible fear of persecution and/or torture.

Is this one of those times when anonymous sources are reliable?  

And even if it's true, the article provides no evidence that the cartel members were actually granted asylum.  It just ends on an assumption so that racist shitheels like yourself can jump to a conclusion and continue fearing all brown immigrants because a small minority are bad people.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Is this one of those times when anonymous sources are reliable?  

And even if it's true, the article provides no evidence that the cartel members were actually granted asylum.  It just ends on an assumption so that racist shitheels like yourself can jump to a conclusion and continue fearing all brown immigrants because a small minority are bad people.  

But its LIKELY says an anonymous source.  Fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

It's actually not likely, as anyone with any understanding of how the asylum process works would know, but whatever. Fuck facts.

No, no, everyone knows that drug smuggling and human trafficking are at unprecedented levels right now and it's a CRISIS, and that the best way to prevent drug smuggling and human trafficking are to imprison thousands of immigrants in concentration camps forever.  How can you morons not see how this is the obvious solution!?

• Like 1

Why not put your money where your mouth is. 

Austin should shoulder 1/2 of the blow for one month to help relieve the invaded  territories on our borders. 

Why not push for Austin to take in 50,000 “asylum” seekers and  be responsible for them while they await their asylum hearing?  Surely this would be no sweat, I mean we are only talking about half of one month, this will be multiplied by 20 in the next 12.

Most here seem to paint this as no big deal at all, and towns 1/10 the size should stop being so dramatic  

Texans who support open borders need to take the responsibility and accept them  Houston Dallas and SATX each get 4 months worth.  I 1000% support this before the next election.

Our schools and hospitals can easily absorb the increase. All of our empty affordable housing will now be easily filled, a blessing because there were way too many vacancies.  Our teachers and hospitals are already over staffed and paid, so this will balance the scales if you will.

We are a major city with a very high cost of living. If any population should be able to handle 50k in 30 days it’s us. If Austin can’t, what chance do 95% of the smaller border towns have to do so?

but really, who gives a shit. It’s not your town home or school. 

Each governor or mayor who speaks up needs to commit to taking a month’s worth.  100k in each city until we run out of asylum seekers or cities.  Only fair, it’s easy to support shit a thousand miles from your front door 

They won’t though, because the are liars  

Fuck Trump.  High five. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Why not put your money where your mouth is. 

Austin should shoulder 1/2 of the blow for one month to help relieve the invaded  territories on our borders. 

Why not push for Austin to take in 50,000 “asylum” seekers and  be responsible for them while they await their asylum hearing?  Surely this would be no sweat, I mean we are only talking about half of one month, this will be multiplied by 20 in the next 12.

Most here seem to paint this as no big deal at all, and towns 1/10 the size should stop being so dramatic  

Texans who support open borders need to take the responsibility and accept them  Houston Dallas and SATX each get 4 months worth.  I 1000% support this before the next election.

Our schools and hospitals can easily absorb the increase. All of our empty affordable housing will now be easily filled, a blessing because there were way too many vacancies.  Our teachers and hospitals are already over staffed and paid, so this will balance the scales if you will.

We are a major city with a very high cost of living. If any population should be able to handle 50k in 30 days it’s us. If Austin can’t, what chance do 95% of the smaller border towns have to do so?

but really, who gives a shit. It’s not your town home or school. 

Each governor or mayor who speaks up needs to commit to taking a month’s worth.  100k in each city until we run out of asylum seekers or cities.  Only fair, it’s easy to support shit a thousand miles from your front door 

They won’t though, because the are liars  

Fuck Trump.  High five. 

...where do you think most illegal immigrants in America live?

California - the largest employer in the country

but nice strawman

We aren’t talking about those already here. This is about the 100k who will show up in July. The 100k who will show up in August, the 100k in September, the 100k in October etc etc

Edited by ChickenSandwich

2 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

California - the largest employer in the country

but nice strawman

We aren’t talking about those already here. This is about the 100k who will show up in July. The 100k who will show up in August, the 100k in September, the 100k in October etc etc

Define strawman, explain how my post contained a strawman.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That is 6 San Angelo, Texas’ worth of population in 6 months. A city in the top 10% of population in the United States. 

You should try leaving San Angelo. This country is enormous and most of it is empty.

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

Define strawman, explain how my post contained a strawman.

How is the current preferred home location of the 11-30 million current illegal immigrants in country already living here relate to the 600k turning themselves in to border crossing/agents each month. 

Thats a whole different problem.

if deflection makes you fell better

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

You should try leaving San Angelo. This country is enormous and most of it is empty.

Crazy talk. Affordable housing issues should be non existent with all of the rolling hills of untouched land. 

This is working great in South America  

I guess we are prioritizing new asylum cities instead of Bum ranches with all of this newly claimed unused land. That’s a shame. 

How is the current preferred home location of the 11-30 million current illegal immigrants in country already living here relate to the 600k turning themselves in to border crossing/agents each month. 
Thats a whole different problem.
if deflection makes you fell better

7.2 million a year?

In graduate school a student helper got in on a discussion about who would win in a fight between pre-prison Mike Tyson or Bruce Lee in his prime. The student used a mistaken quote of Bruce’s punch speed. Unfortunately for him, we could work out the math and the speed he quoted would have broken the sound barrier. So. For the semester, we would heckle him with “sonic boom” (like guile from Street Fighter - in case you are young).

Moral of the story, check your references.

WHITE CENTER, Wash. -- King County Sheriff’s deputies are asking for your help to find Francisco Carranza-Ramirez.  The 35-year-old is believed to be homeless in the White Center area.  Detectives say the convicted rapist got out of jail last Thursday and returned to the home of his victim on Sunday and attacked her again. "He actually assaulted her, hit her with something her on her head, knocking her off her wheelchair and then he strangled her, threatening to kill her," said Sgt. Ryan Abbott with the King County Sheriff's Office.

In October 2018, Carranza-Ramirez was charged with Rape 3rd degree of a wheelchair dependent woman. In February, he pleaded guilty at an arraignment. The King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office recommended that part of his sentence include community custody so that he would be supervised upon release.

The standard sentencing range for his crime is 6 to 13 months. He served almost 9 months.  Judge Nicole Gaines-Phelps sentenced Carranza-Ramirez to credit for time served with no community custody, to register as a sex offender and to provide proof that he had left the country and was in Mexico.

On June 13, Carranza-Ramirez was released from jail. On June 15, he violated the protection order by coming within 1,000 feet of her.

On June 16, King County sheriff's detectives say he went to her home, hit her in the head with an object knocking her out of her wheelchair and then choked her while threatening to kill her.

Prosecutors have issued a no-bail warrant for his arrest for violating the protection order. They have also requested a $500,000 bail on the new charges.

https://q13fox.com/2019/06/18/francisco-carranza-ramirez-search-on-for-rapist-who-returned-to-attack-victim-after-release-from-jail/

judge is a criminal