DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

5 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

This is a demonstration of the banality of evil. The fact that this is being discussed in court as children are being subjected to inhumane treatment by the federal government is fucking insane. Fuck the legal process, that shit should be shutdown immediately and everyone standing idly by including everyone against these practices is guilty.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

This is a demonstration of the banality of evil. The fact that this is being discussed in court as children are being subjected to inhumane treatment by the federal government is fucking insane. Fuck the legal process, that shit should be shutdown immediately and everyone standing idly by including everyone against these practices is guilty.

But they're getting free room and board!

20 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Every single one of you who reads this and wants to argue concentration camp semantics or replies "but Obama!!!!" needs to get the fuck off the Earth. We are committing crimes against a population where people need to be tried at The Hauge.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is being done in all of our names too. It’s pathetic. Thousands of kids that will have lifelong trauma because our president and his evil followers want to make an example out of them. 

Many/most of these human beings could have been welcomed to the USA and they would have contributed and made our country stronger.

The Rs have created a separate, insane reality to which the true believers cling. The voters think that the means justify the ends. The people in power just do it to get off on torturing people. Plain and simple.

Edited by retread
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Holy shit.

I’m not sure this lawyer actually believes what she is saying, even though it’s difficult to fully understand her argument.  I assume her argument is that due to the lack of listed requirements, the agency determines the definition of safe and sanitary.  And she doesn’t want to argue specific items but obviously the judges would have none of that.  When the agency fails a reasonable test, all of their practices should be questioned in detail.

I guarantee that the govt will end up paying these immigrants billions because of the punishment methods they are facing from trump and team.

Every single one of you who reads this and wants to argue concentration camp semantics or replies "but Obama!!!!" needs to get the fuck off the Earth. We are committing crimes against a population where people need to be tried at The Hauge.

Time to start shaving their heads. Maybe change their clothes to some uniform.

Well, these aren't prisoners of war so they aren't afforded the same conventions would be the rationale that the morally bankrupt right will throw out. You saw it with the cunt (and I normally try not to use that word in regards to women) who was arguing against having to provide soap, toothpaste and beds. 

This will be a moment looked back on in the history books in shame just like the Japanese internment camps. Yet there are still people who say the internment camps were justified because we were at war with Japan. But but Obama did it. Oh really, Obama decided to not give kids basic necessities? What we are seeing is what happens when an administration decided to spread pain and fear as a message while not planning for the actual realities of that pain. 

36 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, these aren't prisoners of war so they aren't afforded the same conventions would be the rationale that the morally bankrupt right will throw out. You saw it with the cunt (and I normally try not to use that word in regards to women) who was arguing against having to provide soap, toothpaste and beds. 

This will be a moment looked back on in the history books in shame just like the Japanese internment camps. Yet there are still people who say the internment camps were justified because we were at war with Japan. But but Obama did it. Oh really, Obama decided to not give kids basic necessities? What we are seeing is what happens when an administration decided to spread pain and fear as a message while not planning for the actual realities of that pain. 

I wonder if there's a case for them to receive prisoner of war status, since they're "invading the country" and "attacking our borders" and have been detained by US military units in some cases.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I believe the term you are looking for is “enemy combatants”. 

Edited by CO Horn
  • Like 1

I know the D House is doing things that aren't reported in the media, but it doesn't seem like they're doing all they could. I mean, wrt Trump, we get one nondescript interrogation of Hope Hicks or somebody like her every month or two. Every two or three months, someone from DHS appears, and everybody screams wtf are we doing to these children. Then, nothing happens.

I don’t want you boys getting in serious trouble. I already posted up thread that Sarah Fabian (use that twat’s full name whenever possible so this episode sticks to her forever) needs her ass kicked.

So I volunteer as tribute to whoop her ass.

Law enforcement will be more lenient on a woman beating up another woman.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t want you boys getting in serious trouble. I already posted up thread that Sarah Fabian (use that twat’s full name whenever possible so this episode sticks to her forever) needs her ass kicked.

So I volunteer as tribute to whoop her ass.

Law enforcement will be more lenient on a woman beating up another woman.

I saw she was from Colorado, so I looked her up. She used to live about 3 miles from me. 

"The conditions within which they are held could be compared to torture facilities," the physician, Dolly Lucio Sevier, wrote in a medical declaration obtained exclusively by ABC News.

Lucio Sevier, who works in private practice in the area, was granted access to the Ursula facility in McAllen, which is the largest CBP detention center in the country, after lawyers found out about a flu outbreak there that sent five infants to the neonatal intensive care unit.

After assessing 39 children under the age of 18, she described conditions for unaccompanied minors at the McAllen facility as including "extreme cold temperatures, lights on 24 hours a day, no adequate access to medical care, basic sanitation, water, or adequate food."

All the children who were seen showed evidence of trauma, Lucio Sevier reported, and the teens spoke of having no access to hand washing during their entire time in custody. She compared it to being "tantamount to intentionally causing the spread of disease."

In an interview with ABC News, Lucio Sevier said the facility "felt worse than jail."

Edited by retread

On 6/22/2019 at 8:31 PM, cactusflinthead said:

The least of these.  You want to know why Obama's preacher said, "Damn the USA." This is part of it. 

Takei asks me to call Burgess. Fat lot of good that will do. 

Call anyways. Make sure his intern logs that you called. Request a call back. Then go get a beer and get pissed knowing they won't. And you pay their salaries. 

29 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Call anyways. Make sure his intern logs that you called. Request a call back. Then go get a beer and get pissed knowing they won't. And you pay their salaries. 

Nearly 30 years ago I wrote a letter to Bentsen that we should legalize it. I did get a reply. Let's say I was ahead of the curve rather than an idealistic dreamer. 

Yeah,  I'm going to call. Probably pester Cruz and Cornyn too. Especially since Cornyn got ratioed hard on his Twitter this weekend. 

In case anyone was wondering you can't send any supplies for them,  BP don't allow donations. 

There is no doubt that Trump is using the immigration system as tool for evil but to stop this and prevent it from happening again we do need to look at Both Sides. It's not enough to admit the system is fucked up and hope that future Presidents behave ethically. Immigration is in need of massive reform and to do that we need to examine how we got here and how to put laws in place to prevent it.

the Trump administration is not alone in its responsibility for the past two years of brutal immigration enforcement. The administration has taken radical measures, but it also relies heavily on longstanding enforcement practices and on laws passed by Democrats and Republicans in the decades before Trump came into office.

The next president’s mandate will be to overhaul our immigration system and build one that upholds our values.

That’s why, as part of the ACLU Rights for All program, volunteers are asking presidential candidates to commit to reforms that represent crucial steps toward a transformation of our immigration system.

The next president must:

1) champion legislation to create fair and achievable paths to citizenship for undocumented immigrants
2) end the use of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainers, which are the linchpin in ICE’s reliance on local police as “force multipliers” to carry out their mass deportation agenda
3) cut the size of the immigration prison system by at least 75%

We are not in a good place as a country. This is absolutely horrific to see the United States being associated in any way, shape, or form with the term concentration camp. 

Folks we have completely lost our way thanks to this asshole and his racist supporters. We are all human beings and anyone that can't see how awful it is what we are doing does not deserve to live here. If you are still supporting Dotard while seeing what we are doing to refugees just do the rest of us a favor and drive to Hoover Dam and jump. This is not just unAmerican and against all of our values, this is just fucking cruel. Hurts my heart to see what we have become. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 2

The fact is that there is an entire generation of Americans coming of age at a time when we are the bad guys, unequivocally.  We are going to have to look at post WWII Germany to figure out how to move forward.

I know our history has always been littered with atrocious shit.  At least on the home front, in this instance we're taking massive steps backwards to get to an evil place.

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 1