DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

Oh, I won’t indoctrinate them because that tactic often has the opposite effect. Of course, they’re all under 5 so Trump will not be an hot button issue in their social circle. They will, however, go through a liberal stage as we all do, before we all grow up and accumulate some wealth. And that’s ok with me. 

I’m too affable to be hated and my charm can be a curse at times. It’s the price one pays for being good looking I suppose. Of course I know I’ll die alone, we all do. I plan on going peacefully in my sleep, but the others in car, well... 

I’d say you need a boot up your ass but that’s probably what you really crave.  Lots of NAZIS are into fucked up shit.

Just now, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Just read that it costs $750 dollars per child per day to house children in these concentration camps. Wouldn't it be far cheaper to house them in a La Quinta, where they would at least have access to soap and a bath?

Yes, but La Quinta obviously hasn't "donated" to Trump.

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Just read that it costs $750 dollars per child per day to house children in these concentration camps. Wouldn't it be far cheaper to house them in a La Quinta, where they would at least have access to soap and a bath?

That wouldn't be cruel. 

That $750 a day likely includes a lot of administrative costs that would still be there if we housed them at La Quinta. Not sure if it would actually cost less, but it certainly wouldn't be as cruel and would line the wrong pockets. And the hotel owners are probably brown as well. Definitely don't want them making money off this.

Getting your citizens murdered so you can be the toast of your country club by defying  Trump. So brave. This is what used to be the Democratic Party. 

“According to ICE, Rosalio Ramos-Ramos was arrested last January for murder and dismembering his victim. It happened just months after Ramos was released from a Washington jail despite ICE’s request for an immigration detainer and notification of his pending release, neither of which were honored.”

“ICE also cites the case of Mexican national Martin Gallo-Gallardo, who was in a Clackamas County Oregon jail. The statement said jail officials ignored ICE’s request for an immigration detainer and notification of release. Gallardo was released and within months was re-arrested, this time for allegedly murdering his wife.”

The most recent case involves Francisco Carranza-Ramirez, who was also in the U.S. illegally. He was convicted of raping a wheelchair-bound Seattle woman twice. He was sentenced to time served and released, under the judge’s order that he self-deport back to Mexico. King County Sheriff’s officials say he eventually did return to Mexico, but not before assaulting his victim a third time.”

Washington state just passed what some immigration advocates are calling the strongest sanctuary state law in the country. It forbids local jails and state prisons from honoring ICE immigration detainers and even prevents corrections officials from even letting ICE know about the pending release of a criminal illegal immigrant. The law also instructs the attorney general to draft new rules restricting ICE agents from making immigration arrests at courthouses and hospitals.

In signing the law, Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee reportedly said, “We will not be complicit in the Trump administration’s depraved efforts to break up hard-working immigrant and refugee families.”

scoring woke points and “giving” it to Trump is more important that citizen safety or justice.  Why the city leaders are immune from civil suits for their law breaking actions is beyond me, or simply charge them all as an accomplice  

How on earth does this help ANYONE?

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ice-takes-on-washington-states-sanctuary-law-by-showing-dangers-of-ignoring-immigration-detainers

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 3

Nancy Pelosi finally stops the charade that the democrats aren’t all in on open borders  

“We have legislation to go forward to address those needs, but in terms of interior enforcement, what’s the – what’s the point?” Pelosi asked.

While discussing her phone call with the president last week regarding his planned ICE raids, the speaker also claimed during the event that an individual’s “violation of status” did not serve as a “reason” to deport them from the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ijr.com/pelosi-takes-heat-after-wondering-what-the-point-of-enforcing-our-interior-immigration-laws-is/amp/

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Nancy Pelosi finally stops the charade that the democrats aren’t all in on open borders  

“We have legislation to go forward to address those needs, but in terms of interior enforcement, what’s the – what’s the point?” Pelosi asked.

While discussing her phone call with the president last week regarding his planned ICE raids, the speaker also claimed during the event that an individual’s “violation of status” did not serve as a “reason” to deport them from the country

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ijr.com/pelosi-takes-heat-after-wondering-what-the-point-of-enforcing-our-interior-immigration-laws-is/amp/

Indeed.  We need to start the deportation process for Melania and all of the others who violated their status.

5 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Indeed.  We need to start the deportation process for Melania and all of the others who violated their status.

I'm for deporting ChickenSandwich and Chripsy for humanitarian reasons - i.e., more humane for everyone else. I hear the moon and mars have some room. 

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I'm for deporting ChickenSandwich and Chripsy for humanitarian reasons - i.e., more humane for everyone else. I hear the moon and mars have some room. 

Madagascar will do.  At least as an interim solution.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

i almost never neg in this forum, but here you go. fuck you. i'm done engaging you. 

I don’t always neg in the cloak room (and before the trolls go absolutely nuts I do neg sometime), but I never feel bad about giving good old Chrispy a neg. 

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

“La Quinta? Sounds Mexican! Lots of people say it’s a front for MS-13. Lots of people tell me that, right Stephen?”

About half of all people staying at a la Quinta on any given day are MS-13, and brown. Fact.

Right Chrispy? 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Meghan McCain is a noun, a verb and “John McCain, MY FATHER”

yeah, well, those kids that died can't be held above their parents' heads either. that's if they can even find the kids' next of kin. 

fuck you meghan.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

800.jpeg

Father and 2 year old daughter border drowning

They were breaking the law, so it's okay /chrispy

So incredibly sad.  They are apparently victims of Trump's illegal use of metering to prevent asylum seekers from presenting themselves at ports of entry, as the law permits those asylum seekers to do.   The reports say this desperate family tried to present themselves at a port of entry — LEGALLY — but were not permitted to do so by our government, so they tried to cross at another point (a misdemeanor that would be excused if they are later granted asylum). For the "But Obama" Trump apologists, metering was implemented in 2016 to handle a massive temporary influx of asylum seekers, but the Trump administration has used the practice for the opposite purpose, intentionally slowing admissions to a trickle despite much smaller numbers of immigrants arriving at the borders:     https://www.cato.org/blog/obama-tripled-migrant-processing-legal-ports-trump-halved-it.  We have the capacity to allow these desperate LEGAL arrivals to present themselves at the border; we're just not letting them do it as a matter of cruel policy.  

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

That’s because you’re hefty, Megan.

Don’t blame the Viet Cong for your weakness for ice cream.

Her dad actually consistently spoke out against torture and called American treatment of its war prisoners torture where they were sleep deprived and exposed to extreme temperatures. She thinks he wouldn’t have the courage to call out these concentration camps for torturing children?

Or she probably does know, but she’s engaging in intellectual dishonesty bc it’s politically convenient and she’s morally bankrupt 

• Like 1

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

Her dad actually consistently spoke out against torture and called American treatment of its war prisoners torture where they were sleep deprived and exposed to extreme temperatures. She thinks he wouldn’t have the courage to call out these concentration camps for torturing children?

Or she probably does know, but she’s engaging in intellectual dishonesty bc it’s politically convenient and she’s morally bankrupt 

I think she just gets off on wielding the moral authority from her dad, which she didn't earn, as a means of getting her stupid arguments taken seriously. 

• Like 4

Fozz, the idea that this makes is somehow okay is laughable. You're being so disingenuous at trying to paint Trump and Obama as the same with regards to how we housed people entering the country. Do you see any posters here claiming that these people were treated with the utmost respect and care under the previous administration and that we've never ever had a problem before 2016?

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Fozz, the idea that this makes is somehow okay is laughable. You're being so disingenuous at trying to paint Trump and Obama as the same with regards to how we housed people entering the country. Do you see any posters here claiming that these people were treated with the utmost respect and care under the previous administration and that we've never ever had a problem before 2016?

I don't think it's okay, but I do find it interesting how salient of an issue it has become even though very similar practices occurred under Obama.  In a lot of ways, the Trump administration is far more transparent (inadvertently so) than Obama's, which is a good thing.  

13 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

I think she just gets off on wielding the moral authority from her dad, which she didn't earn, as a means of getting her stupid arguments taken seriously. 

Meghan Trump? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fozzz said:

I don't think it's okay, but I do find it interesting how salient of an issue it has become even though very similar practices occurred under Obama.  In a lot of ways, the Trump administration is far more transparent (inadvertently so) than Obama's, which is a good thing.  

So what's your goal in constantly posting stuff like this? To me it seems like a right-wing BUT OBAMA talking point.

Just now, GSU&UT said:

So what's your goal in constantly posting stuff like this? To me it seems like a right-wing BUT OBAMA talking point.

I think libs need to internalize the fact that Obama was a bad president and never really gave a shit about anything he promised pre-2008.  Obama is a serious stumbling block for the party if it wants to move forward.  Teflon Joe is a clear example of that.  

• Fuck You 4

The Fozzzz disclaimer: 

I hereby denounce FISA, Obama's deportations and drone strikes in rural Pakistan, what the CIA did in Central America in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, and all else that the United States has ever done wrong under all administrations.  My position on anything I'm about to post is in no way an endorsement of any past bad behavior by our government or anyone else.  

Fozzz, could we do something like this so we don't have to hear the but Obamas and shit several times every day?

I swear, the GOP is like Trump with his "many people don't know this, but" bullshit when he finds out things that were common knowledge.  Just because you weren't paying attention doesn't mean everyone wasn't.   Obama had some shitty immigration policies.  And Dems hit him hard for it and brought those things to a halt.   33 Dem Senators, including Elizabeth Warren, called on Obama to halt family detention in 2015:   https://www.aclu.org/letter/us-senate-sign-letter-dhs-secretary-johnson-family-detention.  133 House Dems did the same, as did Hillary Clinton :  https://www.politico.com/story/2015/05/immigrant-family-detention-house-democrats-obama-118317

That said, Obama was responding (poorly) to a sudden border crisis.  Trump is intentionally creating a border crisis by removing all of the positive things the Obama administration ended up developing to handle the influx it faced.   And on top of that, Trump is intentionally implementing new, cruel policies like family separations and unnecessary asylum metering to punish, dehumanize, and expel people that he doesn't like because of their race.

Dems did pay attention to the bad things under Obama.   And Trump is far, far worse, justifying an even greater response.  There is no scenario under which "But Obama!" has any value in this discussion. 

Edited by Mojo Hand
  • Like 3