DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

Politifact 

In 2007, 5,171 people claimed credible fear and had their cases reviewed.

In 2016, it was 91,786.

There was a 1,675 percent increase in asylum claims reviewed by the Homeland Security Department from 2008 to 2017.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2018/jun/21/donald-trump/1700-percent-increase-asylum-claims/

• Like 2

What is interesting is visiting some of the Medeival cities in Central and Eastern Europe, because there are some old Medeival Gates and Walls protected by UNESCO as historical artificats which were built, like the Great Wall of China, to keep out invaders with spears and weapons. When people talk about a wall, I think it's tapping into the pyschological idea of safety and keeping invading hordes from destroying your city/home/life and that is where these red-meat base people are coming from. It's just so anachronistic to think about it in a "mongolians at the gate" way and a physical wall and I think harping on it must belie the desperation and feelings of weakness and ineffectualness these people must struggle with that a physical wall will make them feel better despite providing nothing. Sad.

Edited by Rougarou

42 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

7 post, 3 bros. 

Zero content.  Factually wrong but morally right. Let’s start a conversation

You’re a moral shitgoblin? And proud of that?  I mean I guess if that’s what you’re in to. But trumpkins can’t even claim factually correct .. cough cough 10,000 lies cough cough...get a better leader to suck off cause this one is bullshit bro.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, achooloco said:

You’re a moral shitgoblin? And proud of that?  I mean I guess if that’s what you’re in to. But trumpkins can’t even claim factually correct .. cough cough 10,000 lies cough cough...get a better leader to suck off cause this one is bullshit bro.

Which source’s numbers on the increase in asylum claims do you find incorrect?

do you have a source contradicting those numbers or just personal attacks?

make that *5 bros. Still waiting. 

Happy to be proven wrong. Facts aren’t racist. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Facts aren’t racist but your internet persona is. You don’t give a shit about facts. You only care about facts which you claim support your anti immigrant narrative.

Debating you is the same as debating a brick wall. Don’t ask people to do that then get indignant when they won’t. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s never been about anything more than that. Everything else they say is completely disingenuous bullshit.

And they WILL say a lot. Because they know that their real reasons are loathsome and evil. But know that what they say - all of it - is bullshit.

Preserving our “cultural purity” is the driver. Always has been. Always will be.

21sr century nationalist nazi dreams.

The thing that gets me is that there is no cultural purity. The definition of white has changed so many times that it's meaningless. Then when you see these white pride mothefuckers on TV and they clearly are not WASPs but more than likely just a product of biracial breeding that resulted in mostly caucasian features it gets confusing. I don't understand what culture or heritage they are even advocating.

Its just stupid.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You still don’t answer, so you are ok with being pegged by the devil? Your moral compass includes the equivalent of sucking off a nazi so he can get the will to gas a kid? Bc you aren’t refuting it, just saying more “bros” are factually right which by default means you are morally bankrupt.

And to the latter point on factually incorrect, 10000 lies. How are you factually right?! 

53 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

And just bc they increase doesn’t mean they aren’t legitimate. Do you have a source that shows they aren’t? But hey OWN the fact your ideas murdered a father and his daughter. See it when you close your eyes tonight, when you kneel at church, it’s  on you and your racist views. God be with you cause I ain’t.

7 hours ago, achooloco said:

And just bc they increase doesn’t mean they aren’t legitimate. Do you have a source that shows they aren’t? But hey OWN the fact your ideas murdered a father and his daughter. See it when you close your eyes tonight, when you kneel at church, it’s  on you and your racist views. God be with you cause I ain’t.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/05/fact-check-are-80-of-asylum-court-cases-not-approved/

80% of claims are rejected. 

My ideas murdered nothing. Your open border preferences and obstruction of internal enforcement caused a father to risk his daughters life for your empty promises. Instead of waiting their turn in line with all of the other mothers, fathers sons and daughters, they take dangerous risks. 

Telling families a child is a free ticket to immediate catch and release is what causes the surge of children and the overwhelming of our ability to care for them.   The city of Austin can’t house 3k homeless; common sense says that a population larger than 90% of US cities (100k) showing up EACH month at the border would be an overwhelming situation. 

The doors to the holding facilities are not locked. These people truly are doing the best they can with what they have but it is easier to paint them as German soldiers guarding the concentration camp. 

They are not forced to be there. They are now having to compete with individuals from 52 other countries rushing to exploit our same broken system. 

The despair thrives because you’d rather focus on emotions than solutions (other than let them all in). 

Not supporting open borders is not racist. No matter how much you stomp your little feet and say it so. You don’t really know the meaning of the word as you have turned it into a joke. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

47 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/05/fact-check-are-80-of-asylum-court-cases-not-approved/

My ideas murdered nothing. Your open border preferences and obstruction of internal enforcement caused a father to risk his daughters life for your empty promises. Instead of waiting their turn in line with all of the other mothers, fathers sons and daughters, they take dangerous risks. 

Telling families a child is a free ticket to immediate catch and release is what causes the surge of children and the overwhelming of our ability to care for them.   The city of Austin can’t house 3k homeless; common sense says that a population larger than 90% of US cities (100k) showing up EACH month at the border would be an overwhelming situation. 

The doors to the holding facilities are not locked. These people truly are doing the best they can with what they have but it is easier to paint them as German soldiers guarding the concentration camp. 

They are not forced to be there. They are now having to compete with individuals from 52 other countries rushing to exploit our same broken system. 

The despair thrives because you’d rather focus on emotions than solutions (other than let them all in). 

Not supporting open borders is not racist. No matter how much you stomp your little feet and say it so. You don’t really know the meaning of the word as you have turned it into a joke. 

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-signal/?amp

• Overall, we rate the Daily Signal, Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to not aligning with the consensus of science regarding climate change.

Man, you just can't seem to use sources that aren't horribly biased, huh?

57 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

First, trump caused it by illegally denying them an outlet to apply for asylum. Second, I never said I’m for open borders. Third, please no fake news sites. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/daily-signal/?amp

• Overall, we rate the Daily Signal, Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to not aligning with the consensus of science regarding climate change.

Man, you just can't seem to use sources that aren't horribly biased, huh?

Legitimate sources don't tell him what he wants to hear. 

• Like 1

So I have an actual question.  These folks are coming from Central America, so countries that are SOUTH of Mexico.  If they are in fear of their life, why are they not applying for Asylum in the FIRST country whose border they cross?  It seems like that should be the protocol.  Am I missing something here?

For those that are economic migrants, I completely understand your desire for a better life.  We ALL have that desire.  But at the end of the day, whether you agree with it or not, we have laws, and people that knowingly violate the law to enter this country and not doing themselves any favors.  Many of those people who are economic migrants are hard workers.  And they are not going to take jobs away from Americans (that is a strawman argument), but they are placing strains on our public systems, like education and health care.  Then there is the question about if they are low skilled, which many of these folks are, how are they going to support themselves and their families?  

It is horrific situation all around.  I am 100% in support of people who want to come here, and want to work and contribute, to make it easier to come here. But there are a lot of tough questions and decisions that need to be made.  I fully believe that Congress has been kicking this shit down the road for ages becuase they are more concerned with being re-elected than coming up with comprehensive immigration reform.  The only proposal I saw that made any sort of sense was the GWB proposal from 2007, which was killed by the Extreme Left and Extreme Right, you know the loudest people in our Political parties today.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So I have an actual question.  These folks are coming from Central America, so countries that are SOUTH of Mexico.  If they are in fear of their life, why are they not applying for Asylum in the FIRST country whose border they cross?  It seems like that should be the protocol.  Am I missing something here?

Because Mexico is often not safe for refugees, and they don't want to die. 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Because they don't have to, per the international treaty that the US signed decades ago.

The contracting states shall not[edit]

• discriminate against refugees (Article 3)
  • take exceptional measures against a refugee solely on account of his or her nationality (Article 😎
  • expect refugees to pay taxes and fiscal charges that are different to those of nationals (Article 29)
  • impose penalties on refugees who entered illegally in search of asylum if they present themselves without delay (Article 31), which is commonly interpreted to mean that their unlawful entry and presence ought not to be prosecuted at all[18]
  • expel refugees (Article 32)
  • forcibly return or "refoul" refugees to the country they've fled from (Article 33). It is widely accepted that the prohibition of forcible return is part of customary international law. This means that even States that are not party to the 1951 Refugee Convention must respect the principle of non-refoulement.[17] Therefore, States are obligated under the Convention and under customary international law to respect the principle of non-refoulement. If and when this principle is threatened, UNHCR can respond by intervening with relevant authorities, and if it deems necessary, will inform the public.[17]

And also, we have our own law on the books that echos the international treaty

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

For those that are economic migrants, I completely understand your desire for a better life.  We ALL have that desire.  But at the end of the day, whether you agree with it or not, we have laws, and people that knowingly violate the law to enter this country and not doing themselves any favors.  Many of those people who are economic migrants are hard workers.  And they are not going to take jobs away from Americans (that is a strawman argument), but they are placing strains on our public systems, like education and health care.  Then there is the question about if they are low skilled, which many of these folks are, how are they going to support themselves and their families?  

It is horrific situation all around.  I am 100% in support of people who want to come here, and want to work and contribute, to make it easier to come here. But there are a lot of tough questions and decisions that need to be made.  I fully believe that Congress has been kicking this shit down the road for ages becuase they are more concerned with being re-elected than coming up with comprehensive immigration reform.  The only proposal I saw that made any sort of sense was the GWB proposal from 2007, which was killed by the Extreme Left and Extreme Right, you know the loudest people in our Political parties today.

Probably because for 200 years we've sold ourselves to the world as a beacon of hope for the hopeless.  Turns out we're full of shit.

• Like 3

Just now, 4th&Five said:

Probably because for 200 years we've sold ourselves to the world as a beacon of hope for the hopeless.  Turns out we're full of shit.

And you know, destabilizing the region for the past 100.

• Like 1

First, trump caused it by illegally denying them an outlet to apply for asylum. Second, I never said I’m for open borders. Third, please no fake news sites. Thanks.

I heard a Democrat from a Texas border district say, on npr, the other day that some of his colleagues are for ‘open borders’ which he disagreed with.

Honest (not ‘just asking’) question...are there actually elected officials out there stating their policy is for fully open (I assume unregulated) borders? For such a common talking point I haven’t even seen a poster here advocate for it.

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

I heard a Democrat from a Texas border district say, on npr, the other day that some of his colleagues are for ‘open borders’ which he disagreed with.

Honest (not ‘just asking’) question...are there actually elected officials out there stating their policy is for fully open (I assume unregulated) borders? For such a common talking point I haven’t even seen a poster here advocate for it.

No, it's a bullshit propoganda line from trump. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Homercles said:

This is the continuing perfect example of why the Democrats are worthless.

Yeah, Democrats in less solidly-blue districts have to be more moderate than the progressive wing of the party. The problem isn't that they moderate their policies and public statements, it's how.  Every, single, fucking, time, without fail, they accept the way the GOP frames an issue.  Not one goddamn Democrat should be using the phrase "open borders," even if they're more hawkish on immigration enforcement than the progressive wing. It's absolutely mind-boggling that most of the Democratic party has still not figured this out.

• Like 3

This is the continuing perfect example of why the Democrats are worthless.
Yeah, Democrats in less solidly-blue districts have to be more moderate than the progressive wing of the party. The problem isn't that they moderate their policies and public statements, it's how.  Every, single, fucking, time, without fail, they accept the way the GOP frames an issue.  Not one goddamn Democrat should be using the phrase "open borders," even if they're more hawkish on immigration enforcement than the progressive wing. It's absolutely mind-boggling that most of the Democratic party has still not figured this out.

I was talking to my radio about ‘oh here’s a republican’...was surprised when it was a Democrat. Self destructive behavior

President Bill Clinton in his 1995 State of the Union address:

“All Americans, not only in the states most heavily affected but in every place in this country, are rightly disturbed by the large numbers of illegal aliens entering our country. The jobs they hold might otherwise be held by citizens or legal immigrants. The public services they use impose burdens on our taxpayers. That’s why our administration has moved aggressively to secure our borders more by hiring a record number of new border guards, by deporting twice as many criminal aliens as ever before, by cracking down on illegal hiring, by barring welfare benefits to illegal aliens … It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it.”

• Fuck You 2

President Barack Obama in a 2014 interview with ABC News: “That is our direct message to the families in Central America: Do not send your children to the borders.” The U.S. Border Patrol, he said, should be able to “stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who do cross over ... Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable.”

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

President Barack Obama in a 2014 interview with ABC News: “That is our direct message to the families in Central America: Do not send your children to the borders.” The U.S. Border Patrol, he said, should be able to “stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who do cross over ... Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable.”

Yeah, and?

I am fucking horrified by that picture of that father and his young daughter. But how is that the fault of the US Government?

We did not ask them to come?

Or did we ? These dreams of free health care, free school, guaranteed jobs. Sounds good to me.

Fact of the matter is it was mirage and that is what killed those people. None of that shit exists currently.

That father and daughter died trying to obtain a lie.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

I am fucking horrified by that picture of that father and his young daughter. But how is that the fault of the US Government?

We did not ask them to come?

Or did we ? These dreams of free health care, free school, guaranteed jobs. Sounds good to me.

Fact of the matter is it was mirage and that is what killed those people. None of that shit exists currently.

That father and daughter died trying to obtain a lie.

You are not horrified and the rest is retarded. Don't pretend to care because its disgusting to feign horror while simultaneously justifying it.

Why would someone jump out of the frying pan and into the fire? Uh, because they wanted free shit. No because they were in a fucking frying pan.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

You are not horrified and the rest is retarded. Don't pretend to care because its disgusting to feign horror while simultaneously justifying it.

Why would someone jump out of the frying pan and into the fire? Uh, because they wanted free shit. No because they were in a fucking frying pan.

Well lets see. There are approximately 430 million people in S. América. Those folks reside in … well who knows how many countries, shit they change Government's like they change underwear..

Anyways, are we The United States of America supposed to let all 430 million people from the South American Continent into the USA?

I just see how that is sustainable? 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Crusher said:

Well lets see. There are approximately 430 million people in S. América. Those folks reside in … well who knows how many countries, shit they change Government's like they change underwear..

Anyways, are we The United States of America supposed to let all 430 million people from the South American Continent into the USA?

I just see how that is sustainable? 

Obfuscating through hyperbole?

To answer your question one would have to accept the premise that there are 430 million people seeking asylum in the United States despite the fact that its nowhere close to being that number. Absolutely nowhere close to that number. Fuck, if my bourbon infused brain can see through your stupidity, how do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Just admit that you support the inhumane treatment of children and move on. Own your beliefs.

With that said, I am retiring for the night. My sad and empty tumbler makes more sense than your gibberish.

Awesome . Why not the rest of the planet. Hey Yea it's great here c'mon over. Lets put 7 billion people in the North American Continent.  Of course Canada and Mexico may have problem with our overflow.

Or maybe, lets fix the rest of the world. Which was the original thought after WWII.  Maybe shit got fucked a bit... But they tried.