DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Also, this needs to be put on every page of this thread:

Where is he from? Is he willing to guard that piece of the border?  Fine. He'll be gone a couple days later.

There is no doubt that there are drugs coming across the southern border. This song is supposed to make us forget that ?

2 hours ago, Crusher said:

I am fucking horrified by that picture of that father and his young daughter. But how is that the fault of the US Government?

We did not ask them to come?

Or did we ? These dreams of free health care, free school, guaranteed jobs. Sounds good to me.

Fact of the matter is it was mirage and that is what killed those people. None of that shit exists currently.

That father and daughter died trying to obtain a lie.

You are a sack of lying shit. And one who never answered the question in your own thread. Lazy ass unamerican. That aside, They had a window to apply for asylum, your racist leader disobeyed the law, they did what was their best option and the little girl freaked out and they died. This is on you, you trump supporting shit stain. Sleep well tonight, even though you’ll NEVER deserve it. You claim to live around Latinos but I’m pretty sure you’re the expat we all laugh at and ridicule, but hey, we’ll take your money. Loser

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crusher said:

Where is he from? Is he willing to guard that piece of the border?  Fine. He'll be gone a couple days later.

There is no doubt that there are drugs coming across the southern border. This song is supposed to make us forget that ?

Hey, give one good reason why the supplier should be demonized and not the abuser? FYI, you are the abuser.

1 hour ago, Crusher said:

Tony Drewry has lived in Terlingua for a long time.  He's a desert rat. I'd say he has a pretty good handle on things out there.

19 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/07/05/fact-check-are-80-of-asylum-court-cases-not-approved/

80% of claims are rejected. 

My ideas murdered nothing. Your open border preferences and obstruction of internal enforcement caused a father to risk his daughters life for your empty promises. Instead of waiting their turn in line with all of the other mothers, fathers sons and daughters, they take dangerous risks. 

Telling families a child is a free ticket to immediate catch and release is what causes the surge of children and the overwhelming of our ability to care for them.   The city of Austin can’t house 3k homeless; common sense says that a population larger than 90% of US cities (100k) showing up EACH month at the border would be an overwhelming situation. 

The doors to the holding facilities are not locked. These people truly are doing the best they can with what they have but it is easier to paint them as German soldiers guarding the concentration camp. 

They are not forced to be there. They are now having to compete with individuals from 52 other countries rushing to exploit our same broken system. 

The despair thrives because you’d rather focus on emotions than solutions (other than let them all in). 

Not supporting open borders is not racist. No matter how much you stomp your little feet and say it so. You don’t really know the meaning of the word as you have turned it into a joke. 

Dude, when you have @zork, @Crusherand @crispy agreeing with you, you’ve lost on both morality and intellectual density. I’d say more but it looks like crispy blocked me (pussy!!!!!! Hahahahahha) and to be honest, I’d be breaking my vow to not post anything inflammatory while drinking and I did that last night. Just not worth it. Have a good night.

Weird .. am I replying to the correct message? Using my phone it looks all screwed up. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that crusher is fucking retarded. And racist to boot! Lol

10 hours ago, achooloco said:

Dude, when you have @zork, @Crusherand @crispy agreeing with you, you’ve lost on both morality and intellectual density. I’d say more but it looks like crispy blocked me (pussy!!!!!! Hahahahahha) and to be honest, I’d be breaking my vow to not post anything inflammatory while drinking and I did that last night. Just not worth it. Have a good night.

Weird .. am I replying to the correct message? Using my phone it looks all screwed up. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that crusher is fucking retarded. And racist to boot! Lol

I don’t block anyone, but I really can’t remember any interaction you and I have had. 

34 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Where’s Chrispy? Has he commented on the latest dead immigrants yet? 

It’s not very surprising considering the journey is very dangerous. I can’t imagine dragging a two year old into a river, poor little thing. 

• Fuck You 2

15 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

It’s not very surprising considering the journey is very dangerous. I can’t imagine dragging a two year old into a river, poor little thing. 

That tells you a lot about the conditions in the central American countries they are trying to flee, conditions the United States has exacerbated for over 100 years now.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Agreed.  Also, expecting all of the children to make it from Central America up through the badlands of Mexico, so dangerous they can't accept hospitality there, and not be in pretty bad shape is another canard.   

Even American government provided medical care can't save them all if they are arriving from the shithole countries in bad shape to begin with.  This before being subjected to the free food, lodging, and medical care in the Pelosi funded American concentration camps. (for those that are choosing the Asylum route unlike the poor dead parent and child) 

Edited by zork
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, zork said:

Agreed.  Also, expecting all of the children to make it from Central America up through the badlands of Mexico, so dangerous they can't accept hospitality there, and not be in pretty bad shape is another canard.   

Even American government provided medical care can't save them all if they are arriving from the shithole countries in bad shape to begin with.  This before being subjected to the free food, lodging, and medical care in the Pelosi funded American concentration camps. (for those that are choosing the Asylum route unlike the poor dead parent and child) 

Stop talking to yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

27 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Somebody needs to tell the truth up in here.  Pelosi is an enemy of the so called freedom loving American Liberals on this site with her willful bringing of the bill to the floor for a vote for funding of the concentration camps.  How could she dare do it?  

Or are they not concentration camps?  Maybe she, and the others who voted for funding for the processing facilities(and other Homeland Security initiatives on the overwhelmed border areas) aren't bad people.    

Vetting is important.  Protecting the people from the people streaming across the border with the magic, and well taught, words of amnesty need to be sorted from those deserving(and from the disease spreading through some of the facilities as well of course) and those who are just coming for a handout.(not allowed amnesty at the historical since year 2000 rate of ~50% denials)

Wait your turn.  Learn it now so there are not a lot of cutting of the endless wait lines at the DMV later on.  They will get the real American experience waiting there.

Edited by zork
left out the %
  • Like 2

It’s how they work. Of those Jews had only been nicer to Hitler. Of those folks fleeing the violent collapse of Syria had only stayed to bring about peace. Their world only makes sense if it’s always the victim’s fault.*

* except, oddly enough, when the “victim” is Trump, “no president has ever been treated so badly, unfair!” In THAT case, the victim is treated most unjustly, and we should fight AT ALL COSTS to redeem and defend him, even if it destroys the Republic.**

** this offer applies to 42% of the voters...at least. Thus, we’re turbofucked.

47 minutes ago, zork said:

Somebody needs to tell the truth up in here.  Pelosi is an enemy of the so called freedom loving American Liberals on this site with her willful bringing of the bill to the floor for a vote for funding of the concentration camps.  How could she dare do it?  

Or are they not concentration camps?  Maybe she, and the others who voted for funding for the processing facilities(and other Homeland Security initiatives on the overwhelmed border areas) aren't bad people.    

Vetting is important.  Protecting the people from the people streaming across the border with the magic, and well taught, words of amnesty need to be sorted from those deserving(and from the disease spreading through some of the facilities as well of course) and those who are just coming for a handout.(not allowed amnesty at the historical since year 2000 rate of ~50% denials)

Wait your turn.  Learn it now so there are not a lot of cutting of the endless wait lines at the DMV later on.  They will get the real American experience waiting there.

Of course vetting is important.

Keep families together while you do it and release them once they have a court date.

• Like 1

I’m against putting children in cages. Im against separating families. I think anyone wanting to become a tax paying citizen should have that right to do so. If they need healthcare, we should provide it. My question is simple. What do we do with the people? Logistically I’m asking, what do we do with 100K people a month. Do we need to start building government operated facilities? I mean shit, Huntsville only holds 13K people. Where do we put 100K? How much will it cost to feed, house, administrate aid, process paperwork, for all these people? Again, I’m not against it, but what is the humane solution to getting it done?

(Yes I realize we need to do other things like work with the governments of other countries, etc)

Edited by Neonmoon
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Of course vetting is important.

Keep families together while you do it and release them once they have a court date.

The human traffickers ruined that.  How much human trafficking is ok in your book?  0% in mine.  Bring proof of your kin and I would be ok with it.  How do they do that when they don't bring their own toothbrush?  

This is an urgent humanitarian issue. My Administration is committed to leveraging every resource we have to confront this threat, to support the victims and survivors, and to hold traffickers accountable for their heinous crimes.

President Donald J. Trump

HUMANITARIAN CRISIS AT THE BORDER: There is a humanitarian crisis at the southern border as human traffickers victimize countless women and children.

• Transnational criminal organizations from Mexico and Central America engage in human trafficking in staggering numbers across our southern border.
  • Human traffickers use loopholes in our immigration laws to exploit women and children.
    • More than 30% of women are sexually assaulted on the journey to our southern border.
    • Nearly 70% of migrants traveling north to the United States are victims of violence.
  • In FY 2018, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) made 1,588 Human Trafficking arrests and identified 308 victims.
    • Of the 1,588 arrests, 1,543 were for sex trafficking violations.
  • Without a wall, our southern border is wide open to human trafficking.

MORAL OBLIGATION: Democrats and Republicans have a moral obligation to build a wall to protect children and women from human trafficking.

• Congress has a moral responsibility to pass legislation that strengthens border security and includes funding for a wall to prevent human trafficking in all forms.
  • We need a wall to provide an effective barrier to entry to help decrease kidnapping and human trafficking along the border.
  • Despite Democrats’ objections, there is proof that walls deter illegal entry.
  • Areas with walls have seen a decline in apprehensions of illegal aliens crossing the border.
    • In San Diego, illegal traffic dropped 92% over the past 23 years.
    • In the El Paso sector, illegal traffic dropped 72% in one year and 95% over 22 years.
    • In the Tucson sector, illegal traffic dropped 90% over 15 years.
    • In the Yuma sector, illegal traffic dropped 95% over 9 years.

ADMINISTRATION PRIORITY: President Trump has made stopping human trafficking an Administration priority.

• As one of his first acts as President, he signed an executive order to combat transnational criminal organizations that engage in trafficking and exploit people.
  • Last year, the President signed the Abolish Human Trafficking Act (S. 1311) to strengthen programs supporting survivors and resources for combating modern slavery.
  • Additionally, the President signed the Trafficking Victims Protection Act (S. 1312), establishing new prevention, prosecution, and collaboration initiative to bring human traffickers to justice.
  • The President’s Interagency Task Force to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (PITF) is working to prosecute and combat human trafficking at home and abroad.
  • Reaffirming this Administration’s commitment to ending human trafficking, President Trump proclaimed January 2019 as National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
  • In January, the President signed the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act (S. 1862) that tightens criteria for countries to meet for eliminating trafficking.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-fighting-prevent-human-trafficking-southern-border/

Edited by zork
added link and article from the white house
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, zork said:

The human traffickers ruined that.  How much human trafficking is ok in your book?  0% in mine.  Bring proof of your kin and I would be ok with it.  How do they do that when they don't bring their own toothbrush?  

This entire argument is pretext for cruelty as policy.

It's pathetic.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, zork said:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trump-fighting-prevent-human-trafficking-southern-border/

I’m good with 5 percent human trafficking. 

But that’s my personal limit. 

2 hours ago, Chrispy said:

Your troll persona doesn’t give one shit. Maybe the actual human being behind your troll persona might care, but I doubt it. 

You are worthless. 

https://lrl.texas.gov/scanned/govdocs/Rick Perry/2001/speech082201.pdf

Rick Fuckin’ Perry, 2001:

President Fox’s vision for an open border is a vision I embrace, as long as we demonstrate the will to address the obstacles to it. An open border means poverty has given way to opportunity, and Mexico’s citizens do not feel compelled to cross the border to find that opportunity. It means we have addressed pollution concerns, made substantial progress in stopping the spread of disease, and rid our crossings of illicit drug smuggling activity. Clearly we have a long way to go in addressing those issues. At the same time we must continue to deepen our economic ties, expanding opportunities for Mexican and U.S. companies to do business on both sides of the border. The outlook is promising, even if the road to prosperity is a long one. We share a bond as neighbors, and we find our culture north of the Rio Grande to be increasingly defined by the strong traits of people of Hispanic descent. Texas has long enjoyed a unique identity, an identity forged by an independent spirit, and the convergence of many different peoples. We must welcome change in the 21st Century as we have in every century before it.

Today, as we look to the south, we see a rising sun. It is perched above a people whose best days are in front of them. Let us endeavor to make the most of this new day through a new dialogue. Let us work together to combat disease, expand trade and provide educational opportunities. If we do, there are no limits to what we can accomplish for the betterment of all of our citizens. Thank you, and God bless you.

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m against putting children in cages. Im against separating families. I think anyone wanting to become a tax paying citizen should have that right to do so. If they need healthcare, we should provide it. My question is simple. What do we do with the people? Logistically I’m asking, what do we do with 100K people a month. Do we need to start building government operated facilities? I mean shit, Huntsville only holds 13K people. Where do we put 100K? How much will it cost to feed, house, administrate aid, process paperwork, for all these people? Again, I’m not against it, but what is the humane solution to getting it done?

(Yes I realize we need to do other things like work with the governments of other countries, etc)

This is a situation that's not going to end. Instead of everyone sitting down in a room (e.g. congressional hearings, conference committees, etc.) to solve the problem, we have a handful of maniacs like Cheeto, Miller, Kushner, etc. dictating what will happens to thousands of people. And their only solution is to inflict pain and build more tent cities.

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

If the GOP wanted to slow it down, they would mine the IRS and Social Security Administration databases for multiple people using the same SS #, for people with names that don’t match the SS #, for fake numbers, for dead people’s SS #’s being used, etc,.  They would trace that shit back to the companies that employed those individuals.  They would shut down companies for employing hundreds of illegals. They would do massive sweeps of home builders and agriculture operations here in Texas.

But they don’t.  They don’t touch the IRS and Social Security info that could shut down a lot of avenues for work.  Tyson foods can get raided over and over and over for employing illegals, even helping smuggle them in, and they are still in business and racking up profits.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If the GOP wanted to slow it down, they would mine the IRS and Social Security Administration databases for multiple people using the same SS #, for people with names that don’t match the SS #, for fake numbers, for dead people’s SS #’s being used, etc,.  They would trace that shit back to the companies that employed those individuals.  They would shut down companies for employing hundreds of illegals. They would do massive sweeps of home builders and agriculture operations here in Texas.

But they don’t.  They don’t touch the IRS and Social Security info that could shut down a lot of avenues for work.  Tyson foods can get raided over and over and over for employing illegals, even helping smuggle them in, and they are still in business and racking up profits.

If they did that then it would mean shutting down Trump properties too. 

• Like 1

There’s a thread on the DT about the driver who killed seven motorcyclists and his long history of criminal offenses.

Info here - https://www.wmur.com/article/timeline-driving-history-of-volodymyr-zhukovskyy-who-is-charged-in-randolph-crash/28199481

His name is Volodymyr Zhukovskyy and he’s Ukrainian and he’s here legally as a permanent resident.

According to an Associated Press report, Zhukovskyy's father said his son is a Ukrainian national who is in the United States legally as a permanent resident.

Immigration attorney Ron Abramson, who is not representing Zhukovskyy, said Zhukovskyy is now facing both criminal proceedings and immigration proceedings.

"That means he's here legally indefinitely, and ICE has identified one or more reasons why they think he may have violated the terms of his permanent residency, and he has a process coming to him known as removal proceedings which, has due process associated with it," Abramson said. "He would have a chance to contest the allegations."

Abramson said it's unclear why ICE didn't file a retainer on Zhukovskyy earlier, given his prior record.

The motorcyclists he killed were part of a club made of Marines and were on a military charity ride.

This is him - 017b66ff275f114e724d48f2cb8bdb22.jpg

Call me crazy but if a permanent resident from a “shithole country” with brown skin had a laundry list of criminal offenses and killed seven members of a motorcycle club of Marines on a military charity ride, that story would be all of Fox News and right wing Twitter, with Trump hooting about it and how his wall would have prevented it.

Somehow I don’t think any of that will happen with this case.

And he apparently just got his green card even with his history.

But it’s all those Mexican and Guatemalan kids that are the real danger.
  • Like 1

https://lrl.texas.gov/scanned/govdocs/Rick Perry/2001/speech082201.pdf Rick Fuckin’ Perry, 2001: 

President Fox’s vision for an open border is a vision I embrace, as long as we demonstrate the will to address the obstacles to it. An open border means poverty has given way to opportunity, and Mexico’s citizens do not feel compelled to cross the border to find that opportunity. It means we have addressed pollution concerns, made substantial progress in stopping the spread of disease, and rid our crossings of illicit drug smuggling activity. Clearly we have a long way to go in addressing those issues. At the same time we must continue to deepen our economic ties, expanding opportunities for Mexican and U.S. companies to do business on both sides of the border. The outlook is promising, even if the road to prosperity is a long one. We share a bond as neighbors, and we find our culture north of the Rio Grande to be increasingly defined by the strong traits of people of Hispanic descent. Texas has long enjoyed a unique identity, an identity forged by an independent spirit, and the convergence of many different peoples. We must welcome change in the 21st Century as we have in every century before it.   Today, as we look to the south, we see a rising sun. It is perched above a people whose best days are in front of them. Let us endeavor to make the most of this new day through a new dialogue. Let us work together to combat disease, expand trade and provide educational opportunities. If we do, there are no limits to what we can accomplish for the betterment of all of our citizens. Thank you, and God bless you.

Geez, I actually agreed with Rick Perry for once. 

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Geez, I actually agreed with Rick Perry for once. 

Put an aggy in office for a decade, he'll occasionally get it right.  He dropped the open borders stuff after 9/11, but he held onto pushing the guest worker program until around 2007-ish.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:39 PM, Chrispy said:

It's horrific that some people would rather risk their child's life than see them grow up with a slightly lower standard of living in Mexico or a South American country.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

22 minutes ago, Jack said:

It's horrific that some people would rather risk their child's life than see them grow up with a slightly lower standard of living in Mexico or a South American country.

Unless you are 100% Native American, or your family came over in the past 3 generations or so, one or more of your ancestors risked their lives so that their descendants would have a better life here.  

Hell, you probably have an Irishman or two in your ancestors.  

• Like 1

The government’s own internal watchdog warned as far back as May that conditions at an El Paso, Texas, border station were so bad that border agents were arming themselves against possible riots, countering Friday’s assertion by a top Trump administration official that reports of poor conditions for migrants were “unsubstantiated.”

In an internal report prepared by the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General and obtained by NBC News, inspectors noted during a May 7 tour of a border station in the El Paso sector that only four showers were available for 756 immigrants, more than half of the immigrants were being held outside, and immigrants inside were being kept in cells maxed out at more than five times their capacity.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1025136

41 minutes ago, Jack said:

It's horrific that we make them resort to that because we can't be bothered to get our shit together.

The wealthiest nation in history can't handle border logistics.

Because we're mean Puritans at heart.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's horrific that we make them resort to that because we can't be bothered to get our shit together.

The wealthiest nation in history can't handle border logistics.

Because we're mean Puritans at heart.

Plus our contributions to the conditions in their home countries.

1 hour ago, Jack said:

Absolutely. The man this child trusted more than anyone in this world turned out to be the man she should’ve feared the most. 

• Fuck You 12

10 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Absolutely. The man this child trusted more than anyone in this world turned out to be the man she should’ve feared the most. 

The country that this man trusted is the country that creates the shitty conditions he was leaving.  

This is on us, but the GOP doesn’t believe in taking responsibility.  

• Like 1