Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

shaka in a nutshell:

IMG_6216.thumb.jpeg.e1a6d5ed6f9a0314f9e1215d4d0800e2.jpeg

94th in FT%, 273rd in FTA

270th in 3P%, 44th in 3PA

and then of course his team is ranked in the 270’s or worse in everything else. just like when he was at Texas. gonna be reeeeal fun for the golden eagles next year after they’ve lost kolek, kam jones, oso ighodaro, and possibly david joplin.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

28 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Marquette is in trouble. 

Sean Jones is out for the year and Chase Ross is out for at least a couple more weeks. They're down to 5 guys that really play big minutes. 

he’s always relied on his favorite 6-7 guys way too much. year one at texas he didn’t even want to play holland, yancy, or ibeh. then cam ridley goes down amd shaka is forced to play ibeh more, and whaddaya know? prince is named Big XII DPOY and comes up huge for us as rim protector *and* a perimeter defender. and i don’t even need to remind y’all about his substitution decisions vs Duke.

Shaka has his guys, and then a bunch of dudes on his roster who he doesn’t really care about so he never gives them a chance. jordan barnett, james banks, royce hamm, and donovan williams all transferred out (before the portal) and became useful-good players at good programs after being deemed useless by shaka. the guy has never known how to create or utilize depth.

shaka gets villanova at home on monday. my gut says that kolek and co. bust out of their slump, marquette wins in impressive fashion, and their poor, poor fans are right back to believing that the previous losses were just aberrations, and that great tourney success lies ahead. it would be very on brand for shaka for this to happen.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:54 PM, shadow_operative said:

shaka gets villanova at home on monday. my gut says that kolek and co. bust out of their slump, marquette wins in impressive fashion, and their poor, poor fans are right back to believing that the previous losses were just aberrations, and that great tourney success lies ahead. it would be very on brand for shaka for this to happen.

kolek with 21 pts, 11 ast, 5 reb on 50% shooting, as marquette wins 87-74. right on time for them to lose this saturday against st.john’s.

with 6:20 remaining- Marquette 71, St.Johns 58

final score:

IMG_6899.thumb.jpeg.636cd2b4245a1e30898ebe89b73d161c.jpeg

you read the play by play and it’s all missed FTs and TO’s by shaka’s boys. gotta hand it to his team, they couldn’t quite snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, but they tried their hardest. that’s what matters. 

Edited by shadow_operative

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah, but if he isn't running out on to the court gesticulating and impeding the movement of the other team's players, how are we supposed to know how PASSIONATE and ALL-IN he is?

Maybe an off-season team ayauascha retreat is in order 

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

There are a number of coaches in the Big 12 that do this shit and it drives me fucking insane that no ref seems interested in calling them out.

Jamie Dixon doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

the stars have aligned for shaka. beat a 15 seed today, then beat the winner of florida/colorado to get to the S16, where they will meet either oakland or nc state. he’s going to need to beat one good team to make it to the final four. if he can’t make a run this year then marquette is truly screwed.

54 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the stars have aligned for shaka. beat a 15 seed today, then beat the winner of florida/colorado to get to the S16, where they will meet either oakland or nc state. he’s going to need to beat one good team to make it to the final four. if he can’t make a run this year then marquette is truly screwed.

Elite level jinxing. Bravo!

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

WKU ends the half on a 24-8 run and is up by 7.

Marquette with 19 3-point attempts in the first half... made five, 26.3%

5/12 from the line.

Outrebounded 26-17.

We've seen this before...

Shakablah LIVES!

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I just checked the live stats . . . nobody has scored in the first 4 minutes of the second half?

God this will be hilarious if Marquette actually loses.

uhhh, no. marquette has been rolling since half.

Yeah, the gametracker was showing the first half score but 16:xx in the second half.

Are you using the new Apple Sports app?

This happened to me yesterday and I thought tech nc state was scoreless at the 16 minute timeout.