Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

23 minutes ago, quigley said:

The post you initially replied to was hyperbole, and I assumed you understood this.

Anyway, Riley compares favorably to early Saban, I mean LSU-Saban. Look up the numbers. Saban's championship obviously gives it to him, but early Riley is more consistent and beats rivals more consistently.

I'm done here.

Yeah well Lincoln's rivals suck ass.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

image.thumb.png.86eee46633f501c8e2825329ae8fa327.png

Gerry:

The Texas Longhorns are set to host several visitors in one of the most important recruiting weekends of the season.

Leading up to the weekend, there will be news and nuggets. This morning, IT brings the latest on a handful of targets.

5-star Devon Campbell

IT made a stop at Arlington Bowie on Tuesday. The schools mentioned most with regard to the Campbell were Texas and Alabama. That’s not to say Oklahoma doesn’t have a legitimate shot. They do.

The 6-foot-3, 310-pounder will be in Austin this weekend with family members. The struggles on the field will not be a deciding factor for Campbell per a source.

USC is a school that has done very well with Campbell and family. The coaching uncertainty makes the final push tough for the Trojans.

The news of the day at Bowie was Campbell cancelling his OV to LSU. He’s very likely to schedule a final OV to Georgia. Texas A&M, Oregon and Florida are also working hard to get that final visit.

There has been some chatter about Campbell and Humble (Texas) Atascocita OL Kam Dewberry talking about the same school potentially winning out for them. Campbell’s decision will be independent of anyone else’s.

Texas and OL recruiting

Checked in with a source on Oregon verbal and Humble (Texas) Summer Creek OL Kelvin Banks on Tuesday. Banks remains scheduled to make an unofficial visit this weekend, likely with a family member. IT continues to believe there are family considerations in play that could lead Banks to stay closer to home.

Texas has not given up on another Oregon commit. The Longhorns continue to pursue Duncanville (Texas) OL Cameron Williams. A source at Duncanville believes the Longhorns are a long shot unless rumors about Mario Cristobal being linked to other job openings begin popping up. With that said, don’t expect the Texas staff to walk away from Williams. Programs recruiting Williams believe he is a future NFL Draft pick.

Evan Stewart and Texas

Among the many stops in DFW the last two days was a trip to see a highly ranked prospect that is extremely close to Stewart. When asked about Stewart’s recruitment as it currently stands, the talented prospect said he still believes Stewart will end up at Texas over Texas A&M.

What IT is watching for with Stewart is the explosive momentum building in the Aggies 2022 recruiting class. Expect Texas A&M to have a top 3 class, and look for Jimbo Fisher and staff to sell that momentum in a big way late with Stewart and a couple of others.

Two more notes

IT considers On300 No. 42 and Ponchatoula (La.) safety Jacoby Mathews a lean to Texas A&M. The hire for LSU will be key, as will the pursuit by Alabama and Georgia. But right now, the Aggies have a comfortable lead.

Clemson is beginning to show serious interest in Duncanville (Texas) DL Omari Abor. The On300 defensive lineman’s recruitment is a wildcard with Texas A&M, Alabama, LSU and Ohio State mentioned most by a source at Duncanville.

• Hook 'Em 1

We are too stodgy an organization for quick-change and this video captures some of the real coaching style we have that many posters have said wasn't in place.   Our losers mentality over 3 coaches (let's hope not 4) is a virus and treated as such and that is why I haven't judged this coaching staff either way yet.

Culture takes time to change and agree with was written up top....changing the culture starts from the top and must end up creating players that lead said culture.  Otherwise, we will be looking for a new coach in 2025.

But there is no way in hell you change our shitty culture in 10 months.  36 months, sure. 

I just hope all the players that come in, whether transfer or regular, hear Bo and believe it in their core.  If they are here for brand exposure and Austin and are cool losing as long as they get style points by dressing up in a great suit on Saturday mornings, then we will have a tough few seasons ahead of us.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.thumb.png.86eee46633f501c8e2825329ae8fa327.png

Gerry:

The Texas Longhorns are set to host several visitors in one of the most important recruiting weekends of the season.

Leading up to the weekend, there will be news and nuggets. This morning, IT brings the latest on a handful of targets.

5-star Devon Campbell

IT made a stop at Arlington Bowie on Tuesday. The schools mentioned most with regard to the Campbell were Texas and Alabama. That’s not to say Oklahoma doesn’t have a legitimate shot. They do.

The 6-foot-3, 310-pounder will be in Austin this weekend with family members. The struggles on the field will not be a deciding factor for Campbell per a source.

USC is a school that has done very well with Campbell and family. The coaching uncertainty makes the final push tough for the Trojans.

The news of the day at Bowie was Campbell cancelling his OV to LSU. He’s very likely to schedule a final OV to Georgia. Texas A&M, Oregon and Florida are also working hard to get that final visit.

There has been some chatter about Campbell and Humble (Texas) Atascocita OL Kam Dewberry talking about the same school potentially winning out for them. Campbell’s decision will be independent of anyone else’s.

Gerry on his youtube update made a big point that he drove separately from his parents to aggie and that it would be interested to see if he does the same for TExas.  Gerry thinks the closeness of A&M where the parents can go to practices and games and return home easily is a factor.

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

Gerry on his youtube update made a big point that he drove separately from his parents to aggie and that it would be interested to see if he does the same for TExas.  Gerry thinks the closeness of A&M where the parents can go to practices and games and return home easily is a factor.

Who are you talking about, Campbell or Dewberry (or someone else)? I didn't think Devon visited A&M

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Yeah well Lincoln's rivals suck ass.

I'm not saying he is or isn't a savant but whipping our's and osu's ass every year buys you no points.  

This is the best OkSt run in the history of the program. Gundy is 0-4 vs Riley.

Wouldn't Herman still be around if he'd won the B12 CG in 2018?

Instead, Herman was 1-4 and gone.

Edited by quigley

2 minutes ago, quigley said:

This is the best OkSt run in the history of the program. Gundy is 0-4 vs Riley.

Wouldn't Herman still be around if he'd won the B12 CG in 2018?

Instead, Herman was 1-4 and gone.

Herman would likely be around if he weren't an asshole.  My point is winning the SEC is different than winning the Big 12.  ou should always beat osu.  They have more talent every year.

7 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Commits and former players all seem to be having a positive reaction to the video. Good to see. 

12 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Gotta be just looking for followers. Doubt this would be in reference to Moore. Weirdly Johntay Cook also posted a bunch of UT visit pics (was at A&M last weekend too). It's WR-trolling week apparently.

36 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Jacoby Matthews fong'd to A&M. They really might end up with the #1 class, wtf.

Side note - anyone find it interesting that Bama isn't really in play for any of these 5-stars A&M is getting? What's up with that?

Damn, stars are aligning for them right now, they’re gonna have a sick class. Would’ve been cool for Texas to be good while LSU is a dumpster fire, sigh. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Herman would likely be around if he weren't an asshole.  My point is winning the SEC is different than winning the Big 12.  ou should always beat osu.  They have more talent every year.

You have 2 points. I'll take them individually.

I guess you'll lead the SEC!SEC! chants. You play the schedule you're given, and OU's never ducked teams.

SEC West has been consistently tough because of Bama. SEC East has had several years with mediocre winners.
This is very similar to the 2000s in the B12 South with OU, UT and periodically Tech and OkSt.

These things WERE cyclical. They may not be cyclical in the future if the SEC locks in massive financial advantages.

-----------------

Beating your instate rival is really easy (eyeroll).
OkSt has been ranked 3/4 times Riley's Sooners played them. The Poke were higher ranked last year.

Just ask Michigan or Alabama how easy it is to beat little brother. Since 2017 (when Riley became head coach):
Bama 2 wins, Auburn 2
Michigan 2, Mich St 3

I'm done.

2 hours ago, quigley said:

Anyway, Riley compares favorably to early Saban, I mean LSU-Saban. Look up the numbers. Saban's championship obviously gives it to him, but early Riley is more consistent and beats rivals more consistently.

So you tacitly admit your statement is dumb even though you can't quite come right out and say it.  And your tangent about UT comes off as you not being able to read and comprehend.

Riley has had multiple bites at the apple and has faceplanted on the big stage every time.  To say he would create a dynasty at LSU based on his current resume' doesn't hold water at all and Sark's point questioning people's ridiculous comparison of Riley to Saban clearly stands.

Now talk about the Super Bowl or something completely unrelated again.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

So you tacitly admit your statement is dumb even though you can't quite come right out and say it.  And your tangent about UT comes off as you not being able to read and comprehend.

Riley has had multiple bites at the apple and has faceplanted on the big stage every time.  To say he would create a dynasty at LSU based on his current resume' doesn't hold water at all and Sark's point questioning people's ridiculous comparison of Riley to Saban clearly stands.

Now talk about the Super Bowl or something completely unrelated again.

He is going to respond with a post completely unrelated to the original point and then claim to be done again.

• Haha 2

I can’t even be mad at atm.

Literally all Texas had to do is be decent. Not even good (yet) just decent and they could’ve had the similar momentum. I don’t even blame the coaches anymore. We are what we are. I blame the higher ups. If UM really told them they aren’t ready to win or whatever he said then Texas deserve this. Us alumni and fabs just have to sit here with their mistakes. And maybe sark is the one doesn’t look likely but to have him as the UM back up is comical.

One day we will be good again and have all the momentum. Todays not that day. When that day comes I will enjoy every minute of it. I’ll support these damn losers until I die and my emotional and mental health will suffer.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, quigley said:

You have 2 points. I'll take them individually.

I guess you'll lead the SEC!SEC! chants. You play the schedule you're given, and OU's never ducked teams.

SEC West has been consistently tough because of Bama. SEC East has had several years with mediocre winners.
This is very similar to the 2000s in the B12 South with OU, UT and periodically Tech and OkSt.

These things WERE cyclical. They may not be cyclical in the future if the SEC locks in massive financial advantages.

-----------------

Beating your instate rival is really easy (eyeroll).
OkSt has been ranked 3/4 times Riley's Sooners played them. The Poke were higher ranked last year.

Just ask Michigan or Alabama how easy it is to beat little brother. Since 2017 (when Riley became head coach):
Bama 2 wins, Auburn 2
Michigan 2, Mich St 3

I'm done.

Thank God.  Now leave.  

Sorry, you don't get credit for whipping up on a very down has been like Texas and a never will be like osu.  I don't pay a lot of credence to rankings as ISU was at one point ranked in the top 10.  

49 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I can’t even be mad at atm.

Literally all Texas had to do is be decent. Not even good (yet) just decent and they could’ve had the similar momentum. I don’t even blame the coaches anymore. We are what we are. I blame the higher ups. If UM really told them they aren’t ready to win or whatever he said then Texas deserve this. Us alumni and fabs just have to sit here with their mistakes. And maybe sark is the one doesn’t look likely but to have him as the UM back up is comical.

One day we will be good again and have all the momentum. Todays not that day. When that day comes I will enjoy every minute of it. I’ll support these damn losers until I die and my emotional and mental health will suffer.

That's right,  or at least getting better.  

Seemed like there was some momentum at the end of last year.  This year we're getting worse.  

3 hours ago, Creasy Bear said:

LBs are allergic to Texas. 

If we can't land quality LBs Pete's scheme isn't going to work. The DL has been trying (and struggling) to eat up blocks while our LBs take 'advantage' by misreading gaps, missing tackles, getting caught flat-footed, and everything in between.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting