2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

2 minutes ago, bluto said:

Why is Forbes only making 2.5M? How/why did Spurs not keep him for that price? A top 5 shooter and some athleticism on D, what gives.

Because he sucked for us. Not sure how he has been so much better for MIL. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, bluto said:

Why is Forbes only making 2.5M? How/why did Spurs not keep him for that price? A top 5 shooter and some athleticism on D, what gives.

He's a terrible defender, weak and slow. I can't believe Miami wasn't taking him down to the block or isolating him on the wing at every opportunity. He can't create his own shot either. He's a really, really good three point shooter but that is his only positive. Spurs fans, including me, have an irrational hatred for him because he was taking minutes away from other prospects with presumably higher upside, through no fault of his own.  Milwaukee is a much better fit for him because he can just sit there and wait for the ball to find him after Giannis, Middleton or Holiday create looks. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Portland has been so mediocre for so long. I'm trying to think of other teams in sports that have had a stretch like this. This is their 11th playoff appearance in the past 13 seasons - which includes 7 first round exits and zero wins in the Western Conference Finals. 

Even the 2 years they missed the playoffs they weren't terrible - they went 33 and 49 one year and 28 and 38 in the other. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

Just now, gsoda3 said:

totally would have taken him out. 

Well that's another discussion but that dude is always in foul trouble. 

But then again - like my sustained mediocrity comment - I have no idea how Stotts still has his job. 

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

He's a terrible defender, weak and slow. I can't believe Miami wasn't taking him down to the block or isolating him on the wing at every opportunity. He can't create his own shot either. He's a really, really good three point shooter but that is his only positive. Spurs fans, including me, have an irrational hatred for him because he was taking minutes away from other prospects with presumably higher upside, through no fault of his own.  Milwaukee is a much better fit for him because he can just sit there and wait for the ball to find him after Giannis, Middleton or Holiday create looks. 

Pretty much this.  He's a one trick pony.  All respect to him for finding a role in the NBA and making a career out of it after being undrafted, but beyond being an abysmal defender, he averaged .6 assists per game playing almost 20 minutes..... as a guard.  I mean bad centers average more assists then that playing about the same amount of time.  So..... can't play D, can't rebound, can't really create offense and isn't a great passer.  He can shoot though.

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

19 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pretty much this.  He's a one trick pony.  All respect to him for finding a role in the NBA and making a career out of it after being undrafted, but beyond being an abysmal defender, he averaged .6 assists per game playing almost 20 minutes..... as a guard.  I mean bad centers average more assists then that playing about the same amount of time.  So..... can't play D, can't rebound, can't really create offense and isn't a great passer.  He can shoot though.

Yeah this was basically the answer I was too lazy to type out. He's a role player on the Bucks that's asked to do one thing. We needed him to be a little bit more than that and he was incapable of that and unless I'm mistaken he's shot a lot better for MIL than he did for us. Which is the one thing that annoys me. 

53 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Anybody know what got jokic so mad at the official that Malone had to push him back to the bench? 

Four personal fouls called against him in one quarter (in a playoff game).

He apologized in the press conference and mentioned how difficult a job the refs have. 

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

Anybody know what got jokic so mad at the official that Malone had to push him back to the bench? 

he's gotten four fouls called on him in a matter of like 4-5 minutes that quarter, and the last one they called on him (the only one i saw) was bullshit. the announcer (Greg Anthony?) was then talking about how inconsistent the officials were being.

11 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah this was basically the answer I was too lazy to type out. He's a role player on the Bucks that's asked to do one thing. We needed him to be a little bit more than that and he was incapable of that and unless I'm mistaken he's shot a lot better for MIL than he did for us. Which is the one thing that annoys me. 

He is shooting better cause of what was mentioned.   All he has to do is find a empty spot and just wait for the defense to react to on MIL's 3

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Portland has been so mediocre for so long. I'm trying to think of other teams in sports that have had a stretch like this. This is their 11th playoff appearance in the past 13 seasons - which includes 7 first round exits and zero wins in the Western Conference Finals. 

Even the 2 years they missed the playoffs they weren't terrible - they went 33 and 49 one year and 28 and 38 in the other. 

You'd think they would get a little closer to over the hump but there is something to be said about being consistent and not completely bottoming out.

3 hours ago, d2o said:

You'd think they would get a little closer to over the hump but there is something to be said about being consistent and not completely bottoming out.

They got close with Roy/LMA/Oden. Had that core stayed healthy they could have seriously contended at somepoint. 

The Lillard/McCollum experiment will get you to the playoffs every year but they're never winning a title. Especially with Stotts at the helm. And Lillard's upcoming extension is going to cripple them if he gets injured or begins regressing.

Edited by ztejas

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Four personal fouls called against him in one quarter (in a playoff game).

He apologized in the press conference and mentioned how difficult a job the refs have. 

It just seemed more specific. Looked like he was yelling "don't fucking talk to me, why are you talking to me."

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

...b035fdd0d50879eea820ba7e63339564.jpg

I don't think it's quite their time yet but there certainly have been some young stars showing out so far in these playoffs. 

(As Tatum is already getting taken to class by KD)

Edited by ztejas

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If it wasn’t for the fact I just had sex with my wife the last 3 minutes of Nets basketball would have given me an orgasm. 

When Kevin Durant is physically dominating you inside on the defensive side of the ball you probably aren't making it past the first round. (Bob Williams solving that a bit already though)

Or when Joe Harris is dropping 16 points in the first quarter. 

Edited by ztejas

Refractory period is over- I just came again. 

Boy Danny Ainge is a genius. Not even calling a meeting to discuss Brown for Harden. I’d have fucking fired his ass on the spot. In mean- letting Harden go to NJ ends any chance you have of winning a title while that team is together, and Tatum and Brown are not title winning quality unless a shitload goes their way. 
Open your title window for 2 or 3 years and figure out the future in the future. This isn’t hard. Punting for 3 years down the road is so dumb. Unless you are talking about tanking and starting over. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

I know the LeBron Heatles had one maybe two first round series like this where it was just a waste of time (that 2017 Cavs team whipped some serious ass too). That's what this feels like. You have an all time great at the height of his powers playing with two top 15 guys in the league against a team missing its best player that's been a mess all season. 

The Nets played like absolute dogshit in the first half last game and still made it a no contest. 

I guess the Celtics could steal some weird home game because it's Boston but this is just silly. Can't wait to see Nets/6ers though.