2021 Open Championship at Royal St George's

Wally Fairway

6 minutes ago, Capt. Squints said:

Why? I've watched interviews with the guy and he seems to be okay. Koepka seems like the bigger douche, and he fancies himself an intimidating badass. Fuck this National Enquirer bs.

I hate his stupid jerk off hat. I hate his stupid jerk off clubs. His stupid jerk off swing and his stupid jerk off excuses

edit: I’m not a Koepka fan either, but I’m not sure how that’s relevant to my initial statement 

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I hate his stupid jerk off hat. I hate his stupid jerk off clubs. His stupid jerk off swing and his stupid jerk off excuses

edit: I’m not a Koepka fan either, but I’m not sure how that’s relevant to my initial statement 

I made it relevant. I hate his swing too, but I tolerate his hat because of Payne. Keep your ugly fuckin' goldbrickin' ass out of my beach community!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I particularly enjoyed watching DeDouchebag hack his way thru the knee deep growth early in today’s round.  I kept hoping he’d lose the ball every time …

So after carefully considering everyone's suggestions, I went a little off board.  Picks

Schauffele

Hatton

Oostie

Scheffler

Fitzpatrick (who I have to DQ because I put him in the 21+ and he's #20)

Spieth

Bezuidenhout

At least I have #1 & #2 in the clubhouse. And 4 of the top 16

Perfect response to BDC from Cobra

“It’s like an 8-year-old that gets mad at you,” he said. “They might fly off the handle and say, ‘I hate you.’ But then you go. ‘Whoa, no you don’t.’

“We know as adults that they really don’t mean that and I know that if I got him cornered right now and said, ‘What the hell did you say that for,’ he would say that he was mad. He didn’t really mean to say it that harshly. He knows how much everyone bends over backwards for him, but it’s still not cool.”

“He has never really been happy, ever. Like, it’s very rare where he’s happy,” Schomin said. “Now he’s in a place where he’s swinging a 5-degree driver with 200 mph of ball speed. Everybody is looking for a magic bullet. Well, the magic bullet becomes harder and harder to find the faster you swing and the lower your loft gets.”

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

I approve this message. 

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, pops said:

How can the masters app be so great and every other major is like trying to livestream on a tmobile sidekick from 2004 on 2g. Geezus. The mousetrap has already been invented. Fucking copy it!

because ANGC has about 10-100 times the cash to throw at anything they want; like an awesome app, or awesome inexpensive pimento cheese sandwichs

5 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

This golf course is meh

That happens at The Open, when there is no rain, little wind and the course isn't brown from no rain/watering. 
Looking at the forecast, all they can do is stop watering and let it dry out over the next 3 days; but we could be looking at 18-20 under winning this thing. 

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The PGA win looks more insane every week. 

I still don't think it's insane he won the pga. He won, that's it, it's over. Phil is not going work his ass off for another major, he might be resigned to the fact he won't win a US open ever. 

Happens quite a bit with players on the back end of their career,  they win a major and coast after. I'm sure Phil has every intention of playing his best, but he's not going to put in the work he used to before a major.  

What's insane is Rich Beem winning a major, not Phil at 50. 

10 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

That happens at The Open, when there is no rain, little wind and the course isn't brown from no rain/watering. 
Looking at the forecast, all they can do is stop watering and let it dry out over the next 3 days; but we could be looking at 18-20 under winning this thing. 

And no one is going to freak out about it if it happens. There may be some naysaying about not letting the course dry out, but the gnashing of teeth that usually happens with the US Open won't happen here. That probably speaks more to the USGA being absolutely regarded when it comes to the US Open (at least the way they revere par), even though they do a pretty good job of organizing so many other championships.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

all they can do is stop watering and let it dry out over the next 3 days

doit.gif

After today I bet that is exactly what they do.  Throwing wedges in to the green and spinning back is for the John Deere and the Shriners.  I want to see bump and run golf over the pond. 

3 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

… a little “extra” rolling the greens tonight.

EC170606-C1C0-4005-AA3E-2816005F0FC8.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dewey said:

I still don't think it's insane he won the pga. He won, that's it, it's over. Phil is not going work his ass off for another major, he might be resigned to the fact he won't win a US open ever. 

Happens quite a bit with players on the back end of their career,  they win a major and coast after. I'm sure Phil has every intention of playing his best, but he's not going to put in the work he used to before a major.  

What's insane is Rich Beem winning a major, not Phil at 50. 

Both are pretty crazy. Phil was ranked 115 going in. That’s like Richie Werenski winning this week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Douchebags apology

"The comment I made in my post round interview today was very unprofessional," DeChambeau said in his statement. "My frustration and emotions over the way I drove the ball today boiled over. I sucked today, not my equipment. Cobra and I have worked together for over five years and they are some of the hardest working people in [the] golf industry and make an incredible product. Their team is like family to me, especially Ben Schomin, who has been there for me every step of the way since I started my career.

"I deeply regret the words I used earlier. I am relentless in pursuit of improvement and perfection. Part of that causes me to become outwardly frustrated at times. With the new speeds I am obtaining, my game is a constant work in progress and so is controlling my emotions."

Douchebags apology

"The comment I made in my post round interview today was very unprofessional," DeChambeau said in his statement. "My frustration and emotions over the way I drove the ball today boiled over. I sucked today, not my equipment. Cobra and I have worked together for over five years and they are some of the hardest working people in [the] golf industry and make an incredible product. Their team is like family to me, especially Ben Schomin, who has been there for me every step of the way since I started my career.

"I deeply regret the words I used earlier. I am relentless in pursuit of improvement and perfection. Part of that causes me to become outwardly frustrated at times. With the new speeds I am obtaining, my game is a constant work in progress and so is controlling my emotions."

This douche works in a humble brag in every single statement he makes, it’s truly unbelievable, even in an apology. If he ever gave a eulogy he would work in his club head speed and how hard he works somehow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

The PGA win looks more insane every week. 

Lefty was really off at both The US Open and the partners match with Brady in Big Sky, Montana vs BCD & Aaron Rodgers...

Edited by LTtxfan
Can't spell