Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

7-44 from 3.   Not gonna win many games when you shoot like that.
The worst part is they had several fouls on Klay and Curry, yet didn't keep driving the lane and forcing them to make tough decisions on defense. Easily could have gotten one of them in foul trouble early. And yeah, shooting less 3s around the 4-28 mark would have been a good idea...

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Is Russell Westbrook a top 5 player?

Huge difference. When you win mvp and your clearly the best player on a fucking 65 win team, it’s hard to deny him. He’s been terrible in the playoffs every time I’ve ever seen him so this goes against my argument, but he’s one of the best regular season guards I’ve ever seen. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Huge difference. When you win mvp and your clearly the best player on a fucking 65 win team, it’s hard to deny him. He’s been terrible in the playoffs every time I’ve ever seen him so this goes against my argument, but he’s one of the best regular season guards I’ve ever seen. 

Who cares about the NBA regular seasons best guard? Honestly. Not nearly the defensive effort. Plus Harden folds against good defensive teams especially in the playoffs

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

Who cares about the NBA regular seasons best guard? Honestly. Not nearly the defensive effort. Plus Harden folds against good defensive teams especially in the playoffs

You’re not wrong. Harden is mentally weak. I wonder if he’s considered a sports psychologist like a lot of other guys. Seriously. Because it’s borderline laughable how he looks in big games in the playoffs.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It'll never happen but I wouldn't be opposed to moving the 3 point line back or eliminating the corner 3.

You want the Warriors to be MORE dominant?? They shoot the 4th least corner threes in the league. Other teams count on the PJ Tuckers of the world drilling those.

That’s probably not my NBAs five best players. It would be my first choice starting 5 though.

Maybe this will explain somewhat, I think Westbrook is the 5th “best” player in the league. He can do insane things I both ends of the court. He also wouldn’t even make my team if I was building from scratch. His individual talent is incredible, so is Harden’s, but at the end of the day neither will win titles due either to style of play or mental weakness.

cross posting from rockets thread. you fools have a nice night

same posts, same thread 3 or 4 years running

Harden is not a superstar. he is a star. simple example - learn to drive right and add a mid range jumper. learn anything really. his game is going to the well over and over and getting better at just that. when faced with a challenge he gets the yips 

rockets are the baylor of the NBA. offense works great bun in crunch time against a team that can adapt they choke. coach is a button presser. just keep pressing it and hoping it works out. 

rockets played great D in this series. in that regard they definitely improved

also durant is one of the most clutch scorers i have ever seen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, staboner said:

cross posting from rockets thread. you fools have a nice night

same posts, same thread 3 or 4 years running

Harden is not a superstar. he is a star. simple example - learn to drive right and add a mid range jumper. learn anything really. his game is going to the well over and over and getting better at just that. when faced with a challenge he gets the yips 

rockets are the baylor of the NBA. offense works great bun in crunch time against a team that can adapt they choke. coach is a button presser. just keep pressing it and hoping it works out. 

rockets played great D in this series. in that regard they definitely improved

also durant is one of the most clutch scorers i have ever seen

dude, CP3 plays and Htown wins the NBA title 

1 minute ago, Orca of Peace said:

I dont' believe that 

Really? You don't believe that 1 of the 2 one possession games end differently if Golden State didn't have to lean on Looney, Bell, Young, and Cook as much? Ok.

It's not an excuse; injuries are a part of all sports, and it's Golden State's fault for having shit back ups for a creaky old man, but both teams got bit by injuries this series. 

D'Antoni deserves zero grief for this series. He made a bunch of super clever adjustments throughout. BUT playing Anderson with Steph in the game might keep him up tonight. He may as well have given Golden State free points. That said, I doubt he was anticipating Steph playing 44 minutes, and he needed to find time for the bench somewhere.

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

D'Antoni deserves zero grief for this series. He made a bunch of super clever adjustments throughout. BUT playing Anderson with Steph in the game might keep him up tonight. He may as well have given Golden State free points. That said, I doubt he was anticipating Steph playing 44 minutes, and he needed to find time for the bench somewhere.

Anderson was -12 in 8 minutes..... He really didn't have many options though.  Maybe run Luc out there.....

I will say this about Anderson. If you're going to play him you have to let him jack some shots. That's why he's out there. 

You can live with Anderson getting killed on defense but the reason you play him in that situation is because he has more offensive game than Luc. If Anderson bricked a bunch of shots so be it, but why play him if you aren't going to let him shoot? 

Also, if you would have told me that Houston was only going to score 100+ points twice all series, I would have predicted a sweep or gentleman's sweep. Their defensive effort was incredibly admirable. They can change nothing, run it back, and still have confidence that the result may be different. I'm not sure that I give CP3 the full 4-year max that he's qualified for, but paying him as much as he wants for the next year or two would be fine.

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I will say this about Anderson. If you're going to play him you have to let him jack some shots. That's why he's out there. 

You can live with Anderson getting killed on defense but the reason you play him in that situation is because he has more offensive game than Luc. If Anderson bricked a bunch of shots so be it, but why play him if you aren't going to let him shoot? 

who wasn't "letting" him shoot?  pretty much everyone has the green light under dantoni.  anderson wouldn't even jack up shots in the garbage time minutes he was getting earlier in the series.  

3 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Also, if you would have told me that Houston was only going to score 100+ points twice all series, I would have predicted a sweep or gentleman's sweep. Their defensive effort was incredibly admirable. They can change nothing, run it back, and still have confidence that the result may be different. I'm not sure that I give CP3 the full 4-year max that he's qualified for, but paying him as much as he wants for the next year or two would be fine.

the effort and intensity they played with on the defensive end was awesome to see.  they left everything they had on the court and as a rockets fan, that's all i could ask for.  they were undermanned, playing against a historical team and gave it everything they had.  

after the warriors destroy the cavs over the next week, maybe more people will appreciate that.

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Hard to really trust CP3's health as he gets older, but yea, they could hope for a clean year.  The issue is Capela is probably going to get maxed out...... they ready for that?  Is that the big 3 you want to go to battle with the next 2 years -- Harden, CP3, Capela?  I don't see anything wrong with it, but much like Phoenix in 04/05.  I wonder if this was the best we'll see of the MDA tenure.  He had one more great run two years after but never got over the hump.  FWIW, I see some chinks in the Warriors' armor being exposed too.  They'll really need to dumpster dive and get another good 3 and D wing in the offseason for peanuts.

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

who wasn't "letting" him shoot?  pretty much everyone has the green light under dantoni.  anderson wouldn't even jack up shots in the garbage time minutes he was getting earlier in the series.  

true, maybe it was just Anderson being timid. If that's the case I would have certainly played Luc. 

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Sadly, Bell is going to be really good. He looked like a rookie in this series but you can tell there's talent and flashes. 

He's more of a 4 and I don't think he's going to get a credible 3 point shot by next season.  I like him L-T as an energy bench guy and he could become a starter in the right situation but he's not a 3 and D guy who can stretch the floor and stick with guards.  He gave great effort and I'm already putting him down as 7th man next year but Livingston is looking slow these days and Iggy is getting old.  Can't be relying on Nick Young again....

14 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Hard to really trust CP3's health as he gets older, but yea, they could hope for a clean year.  The issue is Capela is probably going to get maxed out...... they ready for that?  Is that the big 3 you want to go to battle with the next 2 years -- Harden, CP3, Capela?  I don't see anything wrong with it, but much like Phoenix in 04/05.  

I'm not sure Capela is worth the max but I'm not sure there's really much of an option. Capela fits their system really well and it's not like the NBA has a bunch of good bigs growing on trees. 

The contract that would scare me is CP3 depending on how much he wants. 33 year old point guard with injury issues would scare me. 

11 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Can't be relying on Nick Young again....

I agree with Livingston but I actually thought Nick Young played really well this series. I'm not saying Nick Young should be a big minute guy, but 10-15 minutes a game I think is perfectly fine off the bench. 

Nick Young did a lot of good things in this series. I'm not sure Golden State wins this series without Young. 

Funny how culture works. Turns out Nick Young does try on defense when he plays with a team that's good. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Nick Young will not be on the roster next season, even if he's willing to take a pay cut to the minimum. I would bet my house on it. He got the opportunity of a lifetime, then immediately proceeded to report to camp out of shape, never really grasped the offense, and his defense was, to be nice, inconsistent.

Golden State loves self-motivated, smart guys, and Young is not that.

Edited by aggie08

Mostly unrelated, but I hope that the NBA does something about bench guys bothering shooters on corner threes. Both of these teams have been ridiculous doing it all series. Yelling is one thing, but there's been multiple times where bench guys are leaning onto the court (upper body, not feet) and getting into the shooter's peripheral.

Typical Harden led team showed up yet again. It wasn't as bad as game 6 against SA last year but the same result. Embarrassing performance in the 2nd half for 2 games in a row. But what do you expect from that fraud?

And 27 missed 3's in a row? Good fucking lord.