Rockets vs Warriors

UDontKnow

Just now, Message Board User said:

GS has such a huge margin for error - they can play like shit for 36 minutes and still win because they have so much talent.  To beat them, you need to be extraordinarily disciplined, which neither Houston or Cleveland really are.

Houston is going to think they win this series with a healthy Paul..... GSW will think this series would have been over in 5 with a healthy Iggy.  It's so interesting because you could probably make a credible case for each although Paul's case leans on Iggy being out.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Bullshit. If I had to make a starting 5, Harden would be nowhere near it.

Lol ok. Generally speaking, I hate James harden. But if you can’t acknowledge that he’s a top 5 player, I don’t know what to tell you. There’s no point in even debating it TBH.

edit: just as I say that lol

Edited by youdunnf'dup

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol ok. Generally speaking, I hate James harden. But if you can’t acknowledge that he’s a top 5 player, I don’t know what to tell you. There’s no point in even debating it TBH.

What gives you the idea he's a top 5 player? He's not clutch, he's not mentally tough, not a good defender, the list goes on. The only thing he's good at is scoring and that's arguable in the playoffs.

Just now, SDG said:

You must be a glass half full kind of guy.  

Ha.  There was about 50 seconds when Harden missed that 3.  If he makes that or makes a 2 then it's a 2 possession game and the Warriors had being doing nothing on offense except for basically taking a knee.  They would have needed a couple of missed FT's but possible.  Of course, he bricked it so now it's done.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He's basically a volume shooter in the playoffs.  He's a 30% shooter from 3 over the last 3 seasons in the playoffs.

like on that play...Houston trying to a quick 3 pointer with 50 seconds left.   Harden shoots, misses...kind of walks back to the other side of the court, while the other 4 houston players are trying to grab rebounds and get more shots off.   Harden, literally not even in the frame anymore.  

Its game 7 with 1 minute to go...why not keep trying?

Just now, Monster said:

like on that play...Houston trying to a quick 3 pointer with 50 seconds left.   Harden shoots, misses...kind of walks back to the other side of the court, while the other 4 houston players are trying to grab rebounds and get more shots off.   Harden, literally not even in the frame anymore.  

Its game 7 with 1 minute to go...why not keep trying?

he did that earlier in the game, houston got like 3 offensive rebounds and harden is on the other end of the court

Edited by Michael Knight

6 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

What gives you the idea he's a top 5 player? He's not clutch, he's not mentally tough, not a good defender, the list goes on. The only thing he's good at is scoring and that's arguable in the playoffs.

I would say the fact that he’s going to win the MVP this year and he probably should’ve won it last year. Kinda hard to do that if you’re not a top 5 player.

top 5 regular season player at least.

Eh, took the best team in decades to 7 games, no shame in that. Couple of buckets away from making the Finals hurts. I doubt CP3 let's that go on for 2 quarters, but that's why losing him was so huge. He's the leader the team needs in close games. Hope he comes back next year.

Fuck the warriors, and fuck the biggest bitch in NBA history Kevin Durant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

PJ Tucker's performance this series will be sadly forgotten in a few weeks. He wasn't a superstar, but you don't win championships without guys like him on the team.

He's the kind of dude you have to have on normal championship teams..... will do whatever you need and will give everything he has.  

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I would say the fact that he’s going to win the MVP this year and he probably should’ve won it last year. Kinda hard to do that if you’re not a top 5 player.

Is Russell Westbrook a top 5 player?

1 minute ago, Dutchrudder said:

Eh, took the best team in decades to 7 games, no shame in that. Couple of buckets away from making the Finals hurts. I doubt CP3 let's that go on for 2 quarters, but that's why losing him was so huge. He's the leader the team needs in close games. Hope he comes back next year.

Fuck the warriors, and fuck the biggest bitch in NBA history Kevin Durant.

Maybe, I don't know, the coach could have said something to his players

Just now, d2o said:

7-44 from 3.   Not gonna win many games when you shoot like that.

I'm going to wager it's been over 35 years since a game was won with this much volume and terribleness from distance...... The answer may be it's never been done.  This was a historically poor shooting performance yet all a couple of dudes can do is drive by bitch about the refs.  It's silly.

3 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

He is definitely a top 5 regular season player but that's basically "always a bridesmaid but never a bride."