Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

Seriously. All Jimbo has to say, "I put quarterback Jameis Winston into the NFL as a number #1 overall pick" and that will smooth over a lot of rough edges from any quibbles over dual threat vs. pro style and that kind of bullshit.

Now, maybe you steer away from the Jameis angle by pointing out the EJ Manuel brouhaha: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-jimbo-fisher-said-ej-manuel-didnt-have-tools-to-be-nfl-starter/

Edited by Machinator

Greater Houston: Where A&M stands with the city's top prospects

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 3 hours ago

6_8394146.jpg

(Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

HOUSTON – The Houston VYPE photo shoot saw most of the top players from Greater Houston converge on the Lone Star Flight Museum on Sunday and there was quite a bit of recruiting information to come out of the event.

-Starting at quarterback, Houston St. Pius four-star and former A&M commit Grant Gunnell says Darrell Dickeycame by this past week. Gunnell also plans to visit Aggieland sometime in the next couple weeks with his brother Will, a walk-on receiver for A&M, to talk with Dickey.

However, the Aggies are still on the outside looking in. Gunnell has taken official visits to Ohio State and Arizona and an unofficial to Cal recently. He hopes to make a June decision and the only other official he will likely take is to LSU.Arizona, with former A&M head coach Kevin Sumlin and offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone, is in the best shape right now.

-Houston Austin’s Malik Hornsby is the only class of 2020 in-state quarterback with an A&M offer. He is in no hurry to decide and he wants to see a number of schools but the recent Texas offer was a big one for him.

-At running back, Klein Collins four-star Isaiah Spiller has a top three of A&M, Michigan and Oklahoma. He was once committed to OU, is an A&M legacy and likes how Michigan has been recruiting him. Spiller plans to use his official visits in the fall and then decide on or around the Early Signing Day.

He really wants to see how A&M uses the running backs in the new offense. The Aggies have really stressed to him how much he would see the ball in the passing game. If he likes what he sees from the offense, A&M is in good shape.

A&M was in the top 10 for Katy four-star running back Deondrick Glass but he is relatively quiet when it comes to recruiting. Glass did admit that Alabama was in his top three but would not name the other two. He does not plan to decide anytime soon.

-The Aggies are still in good shape with five-star Atascocita offensive tackle Kenyon Green. He still does not have a timeframe in mind but there was a lot of talk around the event that people expected him to end up at A&M.

-North Forest offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd is pretty much a three-team race with A&M, Alabama and Texas. He has visited all three recently. The Tide have made a big impact and could be the Aggies’ biggest contenders. He has become quite close with Green, though, and the two still talk about playing together.

Shepherd had originally wanted to make a June decision but has decided to push that back. He wants to take some official visits, possibly in the summer and early fall

Lulz Perroni just can't say that Texas is in a good spot with Shepherd.  Bama' "could" be the aggy's biggest threat lol.  Shepherd isn't leaving the state.

Hamm, texags, and now Perroni have all backed off the Shepherd stance of being an aggy lock from a month or 2 ago.  They've all mentioned Texas, but have danced around saying that Texas is actually a big threat and/or in a good spot.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tarp says the defense will make a big improvement and top half of SEC in rush defense.  Also posts about year 3 is when Jimbo will lead them to Atlanta!

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Playing-at-an-SEC-championship-level-Rushing-defense-and-Texas-AM-118359695

Is Saban dead in this scenario? 

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz Perroni just can't say that Texas is in a good spot with Shepherd.  Bama' "could" be the aggy's biggest threat lol.  Shepherd isn't leaving the state.

Hamm, texags, and now Perroni have all backed off the Shepherd stance of being an aggy lock from a month or 2 ago.  They've all mentioned Texas, but have danced around saying that Texas is actually a big threat and/or in a good spot.

Herb Hand be like:
DXZx_OeV4AAo2nv.jpg

DXeBAzBU0AAmBrv.jpg

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

15 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Tarp says the defense will make a big improvement and top half of SEC in rush defense.  Also posts about year 3 is when Jimbo will lead them to Atlanta!

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Playing-at-an-SEC-championship-level-Rushing-defense-and-Texas-AM-118359695

2020 non-cons are North Texas, Abilene Christian, Fresno St and Colorado, and their opponents from the East are South Carolina and Vandy. It doesn't get much easier.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Needs More Bourbon said:

2020 non-cons are North Texas, Abilene Christian, Fresno St and Colorado, and their opponents from the East are South Carolina and Vandy. It doesn't get much easier.  

I don't know why people keep throwing South Carolina in with the rest of the cupcakes. Muschamp is recruiting well, and A&M will get them on the road that season.

Edited by Machinator

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't know why people keep throwing South Carolina in with the rest of the cupcakes. Muschamp is recruiting well, and A&M will get them on the road that season.

Because Muschamp hasn't heard of the forward pass. His offenses are generally offensive. He's mostly interested in winning games 3-2, SEC style.

18 minutes ago, Needs More Bourbon said:

This, their bowl selection process and the fact that they're pretty much guaranteed to play on New Year's regardless of record, is why I hate the secX3. Talk about a fix.

4-star teammates Shepherd, Demas could end up at same school

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 12 minutes ago

6_8394566.jpg(Photo: Brian Perroni, 247Sports)

Two of the top prospects in Greater Houston hail from the same high school on the north side - North Forest. Though not traditionally a recruiting hotbed, that has changed with four-star junior offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd and four-star sophomore wide receiver Demond Demas.

"Man, I think pretty much every school has been by the school this spring," the 6-foot-4, 200-pound Demas said. "It's been sort of crazy."Shepherd and Demas are good friends off the field as well and have taken numerous unofficial visits together lately. Recently, they've seen a trio of programs - two in state and one out.

"Texas was the last visit I went on," the 6-foot-6, 319-pound Shepherd said. "It was nice. The best part was really just getting to know the whole staff and everything. Alabama was great. I had a great talk with Nick Saban and then I watched practice too. That was intense. And Texas A&M, I went before that. I got to build more of a relationship with the coaches while I was up there. It wasn't for a practice or anything."

Shepherd was noncommittal on those being his top schools but says all three are definitely up there near the top.

"I'm really high on those three," he said. "I can't say for sure that those are my top three or anything but all three are definitely up there."

Demas was on all three of those trips with Shepherd as well as an additional one to another SEC program.

"The latest visits were Alabama, Georgia, A&M and Texas," the nation's No. 44 prospect in the class of 2020 said. "Texas, we were up there for the spring game. They throw the ball a lot, so I noticed that. At Alabama, I watched the practice and they swing it around a little bit. At A&M, we talked and went over plays and stuff like that."

Demas is a year younger than Shepherd so he is even farther from naming his top few schools.

"Almost everybody, I still talk to a lot," he said as to which schools he keeps in communication with the most. "You never know what could happen. I might like a new coach or something better than an old one or something. I'll post my top 10 out my junior year."

Shepherd had wanted to commit over the summer but has pushed back that decision.

"I'm not sure. I had considered doing it in June but I think that has changed because I want to take my official visits," he said. "I'm not sure if I'm going to do them in the summer or the fall. I might do some in the summer and some in the fall. I know I'm going to wait (to commit) until I take my officials, though."

Shepherd admits he was actually close to make an early decision at one point and it would have been to an in-state school.

"I was close [to committing], I'd say. It was last year," he said. "It was probably when I had my first offer, and that was A&M."

Demas knows Shepherd will be making a decision before him and he says his teammate's announcement could signal where he will ultimately end up as well.

"You could say that," Demas said, laughing. "It's not definite or anything, but it's a possibility. It's like 50/50

13 hours ago, texifornia said:

DdxBuf0U0AM9eU_.jpg

giphy.webp

I don't care if they got a nice recruit.  Truly.  They won't win anything anyway.  What I'm concerned about is Brewster making himself a complete laughing stock.  Every time he tweets, I cringe.  It's embarrassing.  I feel bad for him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheBryMan81 said:

It's got to have been at least 15 years since any sort of mainstream music referenced the roof being on fire, right?

Well there was that fire in the football team's equipment shed near the Texag offices just a couple of years ago right? Some say it was the day that the Station was first truly lit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1