Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Brent Zwerneman  Article..... Brewster leaves to join Mack at UNC

https://www.beaumontenterprise.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-tight-ends-coach-Tim-Brewster-to-rejoin-13429477.php

COLLEGE STATION – Mack Brown has poached Texas A&M coach Jimbo Fisher's staff in bringing an old friend with him back to North Carolina.

Aggies tight ends coach Tim Brewster is joining Brown in Chapel Hill, N.C., in the same capacity, according to 247Sports.com. Brewster worked for Brown, the former Texas coach who has replaced the fired Larry Fedora at North Carolina, both with the Tar Heels (1989-97) and then the Longhorns (1998-2001) as his tight ends coach.

Edited by LTtxfan

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I posted this on the coaching carousel thread on the FB board, but here you guys go as well. Sorry, but I had to be mum.

Since the news is out now, I'll go and add some color.

Brewster fucking hates Fisher. He didn't like him before College Station and he didn't want to go to College Station. He attempted to get on staff at UT twice and at OU with Riley. Neither happened, but there was legit interest. So he settled on the offer at ATM. This year has sucked for them internally and the staff isn't "aligned" across the program. Rampant cheating wasn't part of the pitch to everyone coming in, nor was getting browbeaten to work 20+ hour days in order to catch Saban. 

Brewster and Mack parted on bad terms, but Mack isn't some dumbass. He's going to let Brewster do his thing from the tidewaters of Virginia down through Florida, and he's going to pay him to do it. 

I doubt this is the only turnover from the ATM staff. Fisher burned through relationships with staff, admins, boosters, players, and the AD when at FSU. It tumbled quickly after the Winston era. Dude does not handle losing well, and he doesn't handle insolence on a level even close to the magnanimity of Dr. Evil or Urban Meyer. This could be both a meteoric rise and collapse at ATM, over the course of the next 5 years.

Do you know if Mack ask permission to Jimbo to talk with Brewster, or just picked up the phone?