Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

4 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Bonfire?

Wasn't it also just the 20th anniversary of their bonfire disaster? Alcohol, college students, and poorly constructed wooden structures are disaster...it is known. Sad that aggy remembers them as being war heroes when it fact they were idiots (not saying they deserved to die). 

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Wasn't it also just the 20th anniversary of their bonfire disaster? Alcohol, college students, and poorly constructed wooden structures are disaster...it is known. Sad that aggy remembers them as being war heroes when it fact they were idiots (not saying they deserved to die). 

19th. It happened during my first semester at Texas in 1999.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

I love how these fuckwads talk about our AD having to manufacture game atmosphere.  Those fucking idiots have to practice their “yells” before and after every damn game.  Talk about having to manufacture shit.  They’re just too stupid for their own good.

A lot of their yelling is about inner city utes. From what I understand.

Edited by Chopper

2 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

InneEr CiTy ReCuiTs WoNt LiKe ThAt

(I know it's a 2020 kid. Also I know nothing about McGlothern or Cedar Hill, so I don't want to assume he's 'inner city.' But I'm guessing that they don't either and they definitely are assuming.)

He's a colored, so prob inner city. 

1 minute ago, Post Oak said:

Can we stop with the song BS.  The song is the least important aspect of this whole deal.  

Kids and most people like 100k fans with their lights out singing their ass off.  The energy in the stadium is what's  important. That's it. song isn't important.  

Fuckers

So Dan Hill, Sometimes When We Touch?

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

2:11p

Staff

-I'll start with what I've gotten back on Nakobe Dean's visit. The highly touted LB returned to north Mississippi early this morning. He had practice this afternoon as his HS team remains one of the favorites to win a state championship in the Magnolia State.

After speaking with a few sources, it sounds like the Aggie staff and university as a whole went the extra mile to ensure College Station left a lasting impression on Nakobe and his family. He wants to major in Engineering, and he spent quite a bit of time with the Engineering school and staff while on campus. One source near Dean said, "The Engineering folks couldn't have done a better job." Another told me, "Engineering department was great...really good." It also sounds like A&M broke down the depth chart for Dean and showed him where and how soon he fit into Mike Elko's plans at A&M. 

I'm scheduled to talk with Nakobe directly tonight, but my contacts here felt like A&M had done enough to put them squarely in the conversation. I can say with a bit of confidence that Dean plays his ball in the SEC. Whether that's at A&M remains to be seen, but from my best estimations based on what I've heard, Jimbo Fisher and company have given themselves a puncher's chance at the very least. 

-Had a source in south Houston tell me over the weekend that they'd be "highly surprised" if Dickinson TE Jalen Wydermyerdidn't shut things down in favor of A&M shortly after his senior season comes to a close, whenever that may be. 

-2021 Katy Taylor OL Hayden Conner will be in town this coming weekend. He'll be one of many high end prospects in town to see the Aggies close out the season against LSU. The visitor list is going to be pretty impressive. 

-One previously expected name that will not be on the list is Atascocita OL Kenyon Green. The Eagles have a playoff game Saturday at 4.

-Still waiting to hear back from a few sources, but I've heard LB commit Christian Harris may choose not to attend Auburn vs Alabama this coming week. If true, that's be big for A&M. 

Jason Howell

2:12p

Staff

I caught up with a few sources on Eastern Arizona CB Dreshun Miller. It sounds like the visit went well for the LSU commit. He took in the sights and sounds and enjoyed the trip to Aggieland. There was some smoke about a potential flip, and it could happen, but I got the feeling there was still some work to be done. My sources did believe the Aggies gave him a lot to think about and are under consideration. Look for the A&M staff to remain in communication with him. One way or the other, Miller plans to sign in December and be on his campus of choice in January.

It also sounds like the weekend was a success with Jeffery Carter and his family. Scooby spent a lot of time around the staff and other recruits, and as we reported over the weekend, it was a positive trip for everyone involved. I've been saying all along I did not think he would decommit, and I believe that even more following this visit.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
  Hide contents

Ryan Brauninger

2:11p

Staff

-I'll start with what I've gotten back on Nakobe Dean's visit. The highly touted LB returned to north Mississippi early this morning. He had practice this afternoon as his HS team remains one of the favorites to win a state championship in the Magnolia State.

After speaking with a few sources, it sounds like the Aggie staff and university as a whole went the extra mile to ensure College Station left a lasting impression on Nakobe and his family. He wants to major in Engineering, and he spent quite a bit of time with the Engineering school and staff while on campus. One source near Dean said, "The Engineering folks couldn't have done a better job." Another told me, "Engineering department was great...really good." It also sounds like A&M broke down the depth chart for Dean and showed him where and how soon he fit into Mike Elko's plans at A&M. 

I'm scheduled to talk with Nakobe directly tonight, but my contacts here felt like A&M had done enough to put them squarely in the conversation. I can say with a bit of confidence that Dean plays his ball in the SEC. Whether that's at A&M remains to be seen, but from my best estimations based on what I've heard, Jimbo Fisher and company have given themselves a puncher's chance at the very least. 

-Had a source in south Houston tell me over the weekend that they'd be "highly surprised" if Dickinson TE Jalen Wydermyerdidn't shut things down in favor of A&M shortly after his senior season comes to a close, whenever that may be. 

-2021 Katy Taylor OL Hayden Conner will be in town this coming weekend. He'll be one of many high end prospects in town to see the Aggies close out the season against LSU. The visitor list is going to be pretty impressive. 

-One previously expected name that will not be on the list is Atascocita OL Kenyon Green. The Eagles have a playoff game Saturday at 4.

-Still waiting to hear back from a few sources, but I've heard LB commit Christian Harris may choose not to attend Auburn vs Alabama this coming week. If true, that's be big for A&M. 

Jason Howell

2:12p

Staff

I caught up with a few sources on Eastern Arizona CB Dreshun Miller. It sounds like the visit went well for the LSU commit. He took in the sights and sounds and enjoyed the trip to Aggieland. There was some smoke about a potential flip, and it could happen, but I got the feeling there was still some work to be done. My sources did believe the Aggies gave him a lot to think about and are under consideration. Look for the A&M staff to remain in communication with him. One way or the other, Miller plans to sign in December and be on his campus of choice in January.

It also sounds like the weekend was a success with Jeffery Carter and his family. Scooby spent a lot of time around the staff and other recruits, and as we reported over the weekend, it was a positive trip for everyone involved. I've been saying all along I did not think he would decommit, and I believe that even more following this visit.

Dean will not be an aggy

10 hours ago, Orange&White said:

A bunch of under-aged, drinking, kids, with no background in safety or construction, building a large structure, with no engineering assistance and no safety precautions in place and no training, working around the clock schedules....

I mean, who could have seen that coming?

And this is why you don't hire aggy engineers 

1 hour ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Remember when Sales mentioned Myron Warren recommitting as if it meant Aggy wanted him? Even though the kid never mentioned them.

My favorite was Perroni's "article" where he went into detail about Warren's skill set and how good he is before saying something like "Warren has never actually mentioned [aggy] even though he has an offer, but why WOULDN'T he be interested in playing in Elko's defense in the SEC?" I believe it was like right after it came out that Warren decommitted from TCU mainly because of our offer. The whole "article" was basically distilled, 180-proof aggy inferiority complex.

I'm sure they all think he sucks now though and they never wanted him anyway.

Damon Sayles: 5-star LB Nakobe Dean speaks in depth about full A&M experience

For all who follow college football recruiting, Nakobe Dean didn't mince words. Texas A&M didn't disappoint, and the 5-star linebacker from Horn Lake, Mississippi spoke very highly about his time on campus. For those who value the "student-athlete," the inflection in his voice when speaking about the academic side of the visit did not go unnoticed. Dean plans on earning an engineering degree and has interest in mechanical, chemical and biomedical engineering.

The good news: The visit for Dean and his parents went extremely well. The better news: Dean went on record to say Texas A&M's engineering presentation was the best he's seen. "Oh yeah, it was the best presentation of any school I've been to so far," said Dean, who is just as solid in the classroom as he is on the football field. "I saw the up-to-date buildings, and I even saw a program where I could design my own engineering major. It would allow me to incorporate the medical field with it, which is exactly what I plan to do."

The 48 hours on campus allowed Dean and his parents to really learn about the campus and its academic reputation, but Saturday night was an opponent for Dean to understand exactly what the Aggie Nation and the future of Aggie football is all about. He was a part of a loud audience at Kyle Field who saw the Aggies beat UAB on Senior Night. The atmosphere was a complete 180-degree turn from how he remembered the campus when he was there over the summer. "The campus was dead when I got there, but it was summertime," said Dean, the nation's top-ranked inside linebacker and the No. 15 player overall in the 2019 class, according to the 247Sports Composite. "It was crazy [Saturday]. Kyle Field is huge. I really got to feel the energy."

While on the visit, Dean had a chance to spend time with linebacker Buddy Johnson, who served as his player host. Dean said the two hit it off well, and he got to meet additional players and visit with coaches. From a recruiting standpoint, Dean hears primarily from linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto. At 6 foot and 220 pounds, Dean is viewed as a middle linebacker in the 4-2-5 setup of both Jimbo Fisher and defensive coordinator Mike Elko. He said Peveto has spoken with him about being a vocal leader on defense and someone who could compete for immediate playing time once he arrives on campus.

"Overall, the visit was great. It definitely opened my eyes and answered all the questions I had," Dean said. "It made me feel great about A&M. "It's up there with all the other visits. I've got to give it a 10." In 13 games for Horn Lake this season, Dean has 115 tackles (18 for loss), five sacks, two forced fumbles and three interceptions. He is a big reason why Horn Lake is still undefeated, as he also is a scoring option in the red zone for the Eagles. Dean and the Eagles will play in a Mississippi High School Activities Association (MHSAA) Class 6A semifinal Friday against Madison Central.

Dean has one more official visit remaining on his schedule, a trip to LSU the weekend of Dec. 7. Dean added he will be at the Egg Bowl pitting Ole Miss and Mississippi State on Thanksgiving, then will travel to Tuscaloosa, Alabama, for Saturday's Iron Bowl pitting Alabama and Auburn.