Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

What the fuck nonsense are these idiots reading where Texas fans are claiming “stars don’t matter?” And why can’t they get their own material? “Filling up on bread” is a Texas saying. They don’t get to use it. They don’t get to say “Ok, cool. Gig ‘Em” either. They should stick to their homegrown creative creations like “BDF” or “WRTS”. 

18 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

What the fuck nonsense are these idiots reading where Texas fans are claiming “stars don’t matter?” And why can’t they get their own material? “Filling up on bread” is a Texas saying. They don’t get to use it. They don’t get to say “Ok, cool. Gig ‘Em” either. They should stick to their homegrown creative creations like “BDF” or “WRTS”. 

The 247 boards, probably. The idiocy on that site abounds, no matter what fanbase it is.

• Like 1

Not to defend “stars don’t matter” but I thought juco players were always ranked lower on average due to them being juco. 

In this particular case the juco will fill an immediate need for us, so I value this 3 star juco over an equivalent 4 star high schooler. 

Edited by Xian

4 minutes ago, Xian said:

Not to defend “stars don’t matter” but I thought juco players were always ranked lower on average due to them being juco. 

In this particular case the juco will fill an immediate need for us, so I value this 3 star juco over an equivalent 4 star high schooler. 

Usually about the the top 10-12 JUCO's are 4*.    

The jimbo effect, whoop.   They are ranked 14th in the SEC, which is like 4th in the rest of the country.   

Vandy, pig, Utenn and Mizzery all play better o-line than aggy?

Not possible, cooked books..aggy gonna have to boycott PFF now, list just gets longer by the day.

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

When can we stop talking about Aggy as a big threat in recruiting? 

I think they're a loss to LSU away from putting their Three Stripe Life gear back into mothballs. 

LSU will win tomorrow.  Aggy will keep this class together because it was bought and paid for.  Hope Leal and Wright enjoy watching the championship game next week because that's the closest they'll ever get to seeing a Texas team in one.

Herman will cleanup 2020.  No more 1st year bump and Herman can show results/progress.  Not much Baggins and Brew will be able to negative recruit about.  Demas will flip.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I honestly dont understand how aTm is favored to win. Espn’s dumb predictor had atm as like 60% chance of success or something when my nephew showed it to me. Its absolutely making me take a step back and wonder wtf im missing. 

"Home field advantage" at Pyle Field is greatly exaggerated in the statistical models. I don't get it either. 

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I honestly dont understand how aTm is favored to win. Espn’s dumb predictor had atm as like 60% chance of success or something when my nephew showed it to me. Its absolutely making me take a step back and wonder wtf im missing. 

Whatever we’re missing is sure going to make it more entertaining when they lose. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

It comes down to whether LSU can pass the ball and limit stupid mistakes.

Objectively speaking I actually think aggy wins because the game is at home and it will be their super bowl win to point to and say "look, we are making progress under Jimbo". Plus, kinda of like us, LSU is punching above their weight. They aren't the 7th best team in the country.

Remember that lines are set as a result of how much money is being bet on each side, not who is supposed to win. A&M giving points means there is a ton of money being bet on A&M. Hmmmmm... who could be so delusional that they would bet on A&M even when they are giving points. Who could it be? What group of fans have unrealistic expectations for their program and overrated perceptions of the A&M program? There must be a group of people out there that match this description.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Remember that lines are set as a result of how much money is being bet on each side, not who is supposed to win. A&M giving points means there is a ton of money being bet on A&M. Hmmmmm... who could be so delusional that they would bet on A&M even when they are giving points. Who could it be? What group of fans have unrealistic expectations for their program and overrated perceptions of the A&M program? There must be a group of people out there that match this description.

Yeah dude, i know how fucking lines work. aTm opened the favorite however. Whenever a line opens there hasnt been any action to cause the line to move in any direction. 

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Maybe aggy is actually better than we think they are.  I read the boards here and believe the hype.  I've bet against them pretty much every week.  I think I have only hit on the Mississippi St. game.  That being said I have LSU +3.  Cause fuck aggy.

53 minutes ago, Plorant said:

Maybe aggy is actually better than we think they are.  I read the boards here and believe the hype.  I've bet against them pretty much every week.  I think I have only hit on the Mississippi St. game.  That being said I have LSU +3.  Cause fuck aggy.

That's usually how it works. Go read bizzle's threads from this year and last year.

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

LSU sucks on the road, has four or five starters injured, and A&M has one of the best run defenses in the country 

If LSU goes pass heavy to set up the run, it shouldn't matter, but are you going to trust that coaching staff?

Edited by Fud

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

LSU has a lot of injuries to starters on defense. It'll definitely be a close game

Damon Sayles: Solid group of out-of-state prospects headed to A&M this weekend

The decibel levels that can reach Kyle Field with each football game help make the atmosphere for a Texas A&M football game a constant topic of discussion. Many in-state prospects have become witnesses and instant fans of that atmosphere -- and many of those athletes have made multiple trips to relive the situation. For many out-of-state prospects, the experience is something that they hear about but never get to be a part of live. Saturday, however, will be a day where Texas A&M has several out-of-state prospects in attendance watching the No. 22 Aggies host No. 7 LSU in the regular-season finale.

For starters, Texas A&M will have three official visitors on deck -- including two from the East Coast. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 3-star linebacker Andre White Jr. and Virginia Beach, Virginia, 3-star defensive tackle Adarious Jones both will make it to College Station. They will join Klein Collins 4-star running back Isaiah Spiller on an official visit. Coming in from Georgia will be Texas A&M quarterback commit Zach Calzada. The 3-star signal-caller will return to College Station for the first time since his official visit back in September.

The 2020 class features an abundance of talent from coast to coast, and the Aggies will have two of the better players from the East Coast and the West Coast. La Habra, California, 4-star cornerback Clark Phillips III will be at Kyle Field, as well as Camden, New Jersey, 4-star defensive end Fadil Diggs. Both are ranked national top-100 athletes, according to 247Sports.

Phillips is ranked the nation's No. 4 cornerback and No. 59 overall player in the 2020 class. Diggs is ranked the nation's No. 8 weak-side defensive end and No. 83 overall player in the 2020 class. As GigEm247's Brian Perroni reported early Friday, Georgia 3-star linebacker Choe Bryant-Strother also will be in College Station this weekend. Texas A&M was one of the first schools to offer Bryant-Strother, and he's been in constant contact with linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto.

Also making the trip to College Station is offensive tackle Chris Morris out of Memphis, Tennessee. The 4-star lineman is ranked the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle and No. 118 player overall, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Give credit to Jimbo Fisher and his staff for the job they've done so far with recruiting out-of-state prospects. In the 2019 class, the Aggies have 24 commits; seven are out-of-state pledges. And with the 2020 class, the Aggies have reportedly offered 70 players outside the state of Texas. The staff has stayed true to the word of finding and going for the best players in the country and not just limiting their talent pool to Texas.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

When can we stop talking about Aggy as a big threat in recruiting? 

I think they're a loss to LSU away from putting their Three Stripe Life gear back into mothballs. 

When they stop winning recruitments like those of Leal or Wright.

They may be paying out the nose for players, but everyone here just likes to say "Well, obviously they're just paying those guys" as if it somehow ends the discussion. Well great...  but at the end of the day, the kids are still going there instead of here, and as long as the toothless NCAA sits on their hands nothing will come of it. So until that dynamic changes they are still a threat in recruiting.

Edited by satyanash

12 hours ago, satyanash said:

Damon Sayles: Solid group of out-of-state prospects headed to A&M this weekend

Hide contents

The decibel levels that can reach Kyle Field with each football game help make the atmosphere for a Texas A&M football game a constant topic of discussion. Many in-state prospects have become witnesses and instant fans of that atmosphere -- and many of those athletes have made multiple trips to relive the situation. For many out-of-state prospects, the experience is something that they hear about but never get to be a part of live. Saturday, however, will be a day where Texas A&M has several out-of-state prospects in attendance watching the No. 22 Aggies host No. 7 LSU in the regular-season finale.

For starters, Texas A&M will have three official visitors on deck -- including two from the East Coast. Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, 3-star linebacker Andre White Jr. and Virginia Beach, Virginia, 3-star defensive tackle Adarious Jones both will make it to College Station. They will join Klein Collins 4-star running back Isaiah Spiller on an official visit. Coming in from Georgia will be Texas A&M quarterback commit Zach Calzada. The 3-star signal-caller will return to College Station for the first time since his official visit back in September.

The 2020 class features an abundance of talent from coast to coast, and the Aggies will have two of the better players from the East Coast and the West Coast. La Habra, California, 4-star cornerback Clark Phillips III will be at Kyle Field, as well as Camden, New Jersey, 4-star defensive end Fadil Diggs. Both are ranked national top-100 athletes, according to 247Sports.

Phillips is ranked the nation's No. 4 cornerback and No. 59 overall player in the 2020 class. Diggs is ranked the nation's No. 8 weak-side defensive end and No. 83 overall player in the 2020 class. As GigEm247's Brian Perroni reported early Friday, Georgia 3-star linebacker Choe Bryant-Strother also will be in College Station this weekend. Texas A&M was one of the first schools to offer Bryant-Strother, and he's been in constant contact with linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto.

Also making the trip to College Station is offensive tackle Chris Morris out of Memphis, Tennessee. The 4-star lineman is ranked the nation's No. 15 offensive tackle and No. 118 player overall, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

Give credit to Jimbo Fisher and his staff for the job they've done so far with recruiting out-of-state prospects. In the 2019 class, the Aggies have 24 commits; seven are out-of-state pledges. And with the 2020 class, the Aggies have reportedly offered 70 players outside the state of Texas. The staff has stayed true to the word of finding and going for the best players in the country and not just limiting their talent pool to Texas.

FWK is gonna be pissed. 

Texas has endless talent. Endless.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 11:42 AM, Sejjr said:

Because they are a buncha hacks. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Texas25 said:

Objectively speaking I actually think aggy wins because the game is at home and it will be their super bowl win to point to and say "look, we are making progress under Jimbo". Plus, kinda of like us, LSU is punching above their weight. They aren't the 7th best team in the country.

Come on. Next your gonna tell us Kentucky isn't a highly ranked team. 

• Like 1

The only reason they have as many wins as they do is their ridiculously easy schedule. Once they play teams with a pulse they lose. Hell Arkansas almost beat them. 

They have 4-5 built in wins every year with their scheduling. Then they play 4-5 good teams and they surprisingly go 7-5/8-4 every year. 

LSU should beat them. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

The only reason they have as many wins as they do is their ridiculously easy schedule. Once they play teams with a pulse they lose. Hell Arkansas almost beat them. 

They have 4-5 built in wins every year with their scheduling. Then they play 4-5 good teams and they surprisingly go 7-5/8-4 every year. 

LSU should beat them. 

Yup. 4 tomato cans, .500 in conference, and boom, 8 win season and likely top 25 ranking. Sweet gig if you can get it. 

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

LSU should beat them. 

You would think.  But in a close game, and I think it will be close, Jumbo - overrated he may be - can coach circles around Ogre.  Is the rest of the LSU staff so much stronger than aggy to overcome the head coaching deficit?  Again, you would think.  I just hope that Burrow brings his A game.

Just now, satyanash said:

This fucking travesty of a win is going to be the biggest shot in the arm for A&M's recruiting. Fuck this bullshit. The "Jimbo's signature win" hot takes are already flowing thick and fast on ESPN. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

Good to see that approaching midnight, you’re still your usual self

Just now, satyanash said:

This fucking travesty of a win is going to be the biggest shot in the arm for A&M's recruiting. Fuck this bullshit. The "Jimbo's signature win" hot takes are already flowing thick and fast on ESPN. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

LSU won this game at least six different times. Wonder if meemaw showed this officiating crew her ovaries, only explanation 

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

lol this is tamer than what i expected from you.