Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

7 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Ok stupid question. If you only have two linebackers in elko's scheme, how can one of two be a middle?

There are only two LBs in Orlando's 3-2-6 scheme, and one of them is the "Mac" (middle) backer.

MLB has become a descriptor of traits and responsibilities on the field.  It's not intended to describe a precise physical location on the football field.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I would love to see aggy get matched up with Tech or Ok State. Kliff would run those gomers out of the building. 

It's nice to see that most of them seem to understand that. The connection between "we would get thrown into a dumpster by Texas Tech" and "wait, maybe spread offenses are a good idea" doesn't seem to have been made, though.

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's nice to see that most of them seem to understand that. The connection between "we would get thrown into a dumpster by Texas Tech" and "wait, maybe spread offenses are a good idea" doesn't seem to have been made, though.

I am surprised that they are not flipping out about the chiefs vs Rams last night considering the spread is starting to grow in the NFL.

37 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am surprised that they are not flipping out about the chiefs vs Rams last night considering the spread is starting to grow in the NFL.

You should have seen the posters on sec rant talking about what a bad football game that was.  Those clowns have no idea that teams are going to pour all their money, efforts, recruiting into offensive skill players and QBs to take advantage of the rules being put in place.  The game of football is shifting.  The big 12 started it and the NFL is now going to adopt it.  These owners are seeing the success the Rams, KC, Saints are having and will try to replicate it.  Hell fucking Nick Saban who refused to pass just 5 years ago has completely changed Bama’s offense with their spread attack.  Fucking aggy and half the SEC will be resistant to change and they will see their conference struggle.  Hell right now, with the exception of bama, uga and LSU... the rest of the conference is pure dog shit.  And LSU is dog shit too if they get behind and have to play catch up.  Their offense is not built to go toe to toe with teams that can score. 

Edited by victory88
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

You should have seen the posters on sec rant talking about what a bad football game that was.  Those clowns have no idea that teams are going to pour all their money, efforts, recruiting into offensive skill players and QBs to take advantage of the rules being put in place.  The game of football is shifting.  The big 12 started it and the NFL is now going to adopt it.  These owners are seeing the success the Rams, KC, Saints are having and will try to replicate it.  Hell fucking Nick Saban who refused to pass just 5 years ago has completely changed Bama’s offense with their spread attack.  Fucking aggy and half the SEC will be resistant to change and they will see their conference struggle.  Hell right now, with the exception of bama, uga and LSU... the rest of the conference is pure dog shit.  

The Chicago Bears have been an offensive wasteland for the last 75 years - and even they saw the writing on the wall and brought in a HC (Matt Nagy) who was an Andy Reid disciple and hired an OC from the college ranks (Mark Helfrich).   Rule changes have made it easier for offenses - and college (and conferences like the PAC and Big12) have served as excellent incubators for some wild offensive schemes.   Makes it much easier to bring in college QB's and skill players and have them start in the NFL from Day 1.

3 minutes ago, victory88 said:

You should have seen the posters on sec rant talking about what a bad football game that was.  Those clowns have no idea that teams are going to pour all their money, efforts, recruiting into offensive skill players and QBs to take advantage of the rules being put in place.  The game of football is shifting.  The big 12 started it and the NFL is now going to adopt it.  These owners are seeing the success the Rams, KC, Saints are having and will try to replicate it.  Hell fucking Nick Saban who refused to pass just 5 years ago has completely changed Bama’s offense with their spread attack.  Fucking aggy and half the SEC will be resistant to change and they will see their conference struggle.  Hell right now, with the exception of bama, uga and LSU... the rest of the conference is pure dog shit.  

Guys like BJ and Caden will be super valuable soon and KC has shown that fast and elusive RBs can excel so soon I expect to see guys like Gary Johnson become very valuable LBs as well.  How sweet is it that aggy spent years longing for the pro style run first play style only to have the tides of football change just as they begin to switch over..

jesus christ reading those screen shots, has me feeling terrible for making fun of aggy all my life.  I was raised to not poke fun at the retarded kids, because it is not their fault, and ive lived by that.  I wouldnt say they are genetically fucked, most are a product of their mother smoking meth and drinking during the first trimester that has them all fucking retarded, but then I read the shit that was just posted and think, no way can meth for breakfast in the firs trimester make someone so fucking stupid,  this is in fact genetic in their DNA.  

I'll say it again, if you were born with all your chromosomes, or not addicted to drugs out of the womb, how do you conciously attend, or cheer for aggy?  Can someone explain it?

• Like 3

Kentucky was ahead of the curve here with Hal mumme. He got a good qb there and won more than Kentucky had in a while, while getting couch to #1 overall. But when he lost his job, they didn’t follow up with a similar styled coach. 

But that was proof that an air raid worked in the sec, and no spread team should be scared of an sec team not named Alabama. 

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

jesus christ reading those screen shots, has me feeling terrible for making fun of aggy all my life.  I was raised to not poke fun at the retarded kids, because it is not their fault, and ive lived by that.  I wouldnt say they are genetically fucked, most are a product of their mother smoking meth and drinking during the first trimester that has them all fucking retarded, but then I read the shit that was just posted and think, no way can meth for breakfast in the firs trimester make someone so fucking stupid,  this is in fact genetic in their DNA.  

I'll say it again, if you were born with all your chromosomes, or not addicted to drugs out of the womb, how do you conciously attend, or cheer for aggy?  Can someone explain it?

““From the outside looking in, you can’t understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.”

http://www.tamuiba.com/traditions-at-am/

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Are Carter and Harris visiting Bama'?  Perroni has something about visit plans for them.

Carter will no longer be at Alabama twice in three weeks. He changed his official visit to Tuscaloosa from this coming weekend to the December 7 weekend.

I’m not sure which would be better for A&M. It’s probably good to give him some space between the two trips and thank about his trip to College Station this past weekend but the other date is closer to signing day

"On another note, Christian Harris is set to officially visit Alabama this weekend. Again, obviously not ideal, but A&M is not too worried at the moment"

Just now, golfclap said:

Carter will no longer be at Alabama twice in three weeks. He changed his official visit to Tuscaloosa from this coming weekend to the December 7 weekend.

I’m not sure which would be better for A&M. It’s probably good to give him some space between the two trips and thank about his trip to College Station this past weekend but the other date is closer to signing day

"On another note, Christian Harris is set to officially visit Alabama this weekend. Again, obviously not ideal, but A&M is not too worried at the moment"

When is NSD1? And more importantly, is Carter looking to sign early? Answer me those questions and I'll tell you the significance of him moving his official date. 

Just now, golfclap said:

I love how they always say they aren't worried when aggy commits visit elsewhere but all sip commits can be flipped.

Would be hilarious if those 2 flip to Bama'.  I guess it'll depend if Saban really wants them.

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'll tell you the significance of him moving his official date. 

My bet is that Alabama moved the date and it's there to determine if he's a late take for them.  They already have Williams and Turnage and will likely get Pola-Gates as well. I think Carter is simply the backup plan for Pola-Gates. 

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

My bet is that Alabama moved the date and it's there to determine if he's a late take for them.  They already have Williams and Turnage and will likely get Pola-Gates as well. I think Carter is simply the backup plan for Pola-Gates. 

They're also still recruiting Dent and Battle

3 minutes ago, golfclap said:

What about Harris in regards to LB's for them?

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

What about Harris in regards to LB's for them?

Nakobe Dean and Henry Tototo, amonst others. Harris is a big project at linebacker; he plays corner and wr for his high school team, and Bama appears to have guys ahead of him on their board with similar ceilings who can contribute earlier, but it's Bama and maybe they end up taking him 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I love how they always say they aren't worried when aggy commits visit elsewhere but all sip commits can be flipped.

Would be hilarious if those 2 flip to Bama'.  I guess it'll depend if Saban really wants them.

The hardest part for them is weighing the honor of having Alabama covet and steal one of their recruits vs signing a good player and knowing Alabama didn't push for them. Validation can be found in many ways.

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Nakobe Dean and Henry Tototo, amonst others. Harris is a big project at linebacker; he plays corner and wr for his high school team, and Bama appears to have guys ahead of him on their board with similar ceilings who can contribute earlier, but it's Bama and maybe they end up taking him 

Is Harris playing LB this year?  Just remember, Hamm said he would take Harris of Floyd lulz.

14 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I am completely baffled that aggy is favored. Doing a bit of research, they said that over 75% of the bets are on LSU. Vegas is about to take another bath on this one.

I’d expect more movement on the line if that was the case. It’s still A&M -3 pretty much everywhere.

12 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Uh did these fuckers watch last bowl season? Total lack of awareness. They're right, though, all will be revealed. The sec will be exposed again.

You’ve already forgotten their excuse for last year’s record?  Having 2 teams in the playoffs meant that the other teams had to play a bowl above where they should have.