Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

He rolled with Mond because the oline can’t passs protect.

yeah, that's fair but it's reached a point that a little mobility doesn't mean much if you can't complete a pass beyond 5 yards. 

Think I would roll with more of a boom or bust scenario. I would be willing to take a few more sacks if it meant a few more big plays downfield. A&M is still near the bottom in terms of giving up sacks so it's not like Mond is some saving grace in that area. 

Edited by texasstrong12

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm somewhat surprised Mond was the QB Jimbo decided to roll with. Starkel is a turnover machine but he can at least complete a pass beyond 5 yards. 

starkel is a goofball, which i don't think helped him.

mond is a grinder, wants to be great, is incredibly coachable, but god love him - just isn't accurate enough. jimbo's arrogant enough to assume he can make any halfway-decently athletic qb great (see: his last few years of evaluations at the position) but his offense creates so much of a burden on the guy you better choose wisely. 

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

yeah, that's fair but it's reached a point that a little mobility doesn't mean much if you can't complete a pass beyond 5 yards. 

Think I would roll with more of a boom or bust scenario. I would be willing to take a few more sacks if it meant a few more big plays downfield. A&M is still near the bottom in terms of giving up sacks so it's not like Mond is some saving grace in that area. 

I think you're underestimating the effects of Mond's legs here, man. They may be near the bottom in sacks now, so it looks like there's nowhere else to go but up...but in reality, if you said that having Starkel start the entire season to this point would have resulted in another 3-4 sacks a game, well, adding another 30 sacks to their season totals seems pretty fucking dire. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think you're underestimating the effects of Mond's legs here, man. They may be near the bottom in sacks now, so it looks like there's nowhere else to go but up...but in reality, if you said that having Starkel start the entire season to this point would have resulted in another 3-4 sacks a game, well, adding another 30 sacks to their season totals seems pretty fucking dire. 

That's fair. I think Mond's legs and mobility are a little overvalued because he doesn't have much of a pocket presence. Just see the Auburn game for example. 

Mond gets them out of a lot of bad situations with his legs but he also takes some unnecessary sacks because of his terrible pocket presence. 

Granted, I have no clue if Starkel is any better in terms of pocket presence. 

5 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I call bullshit on Jimbo being 1000% behind Mond.  If A&M gets a decent grad transfer Mond will go straight to the bench on the way to filing his transfer papers.

Yeah, I bet this ends with Mond transferring. I give him credit for trying to make it work, but there are so many better schemes for him elsewhere.

3 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I call bullshit on Jimbo being 1000% behind Mond.  If A&M gets a decent grad transfer Mond will go straight to the bench on the way to filing his transfer papers.

The danger here is I think you lose not only Mond but Foster and Starkel. Based on the past few QBs at FSU, I think Jimbo will roll with Mond and then throw him under the bus to go to Foster during the early part of the 2019 season. I also think the Golson Saga may have made him gunshy to taking a xfer but who knows. 

Personally think Hornsby talked with Demas and Demas told him to hold up as things can change. I shouldn't have done it yet, hold off.

Demas has to be watching LJH thinking... damn I could fit it real well as a freshman with a SR Ehlinger throwing me the ball...

I still think Hornsby a much better fit at TCU or Arkansas.

Lmao.... they always do this.  First it was Jeff Carter is completely solid and just looking for free trips.  Then he decides to pay for an Unofficial and follow up with an official to a dynasty program he tried to commit to but no.... he will end up an Aggie haha.  

Never change aggy... it’s why all of college football laughs at you guys.  It’s always great to take a peak over at Secrant.  All of the SEC teams make fun of them. Poor aggy.... doesn’t matter if you change conferences, still a laughing stock.  

• Like 3

Lmao.... they always do this.  First it was Jeff Carter is completely solid and just looking for free trips.  Then he decides to pay for an Unofficial and follow up with an official to a dynasty program he tried to commit to but no.... he will end up an Aggie haha.  
Never change aggy... it’s why all of college football laughs at you guys.  It’s always great to take a peak over at Secrant.  All of the SEC teams make fun of them. Poor aggy.... doesn’t matter if you change conferences, still a laughing stock.  

If you think Carter is paying for that trip, well you ain’t thinking.

Not sure where to put this one :: 

appears that some of the Aggy are finally figuring out that taking 4 interior OL for 2020 at this point of 2018 might not be the best plan. They are figuring this out because Hamm Lite went to see Chibuzo play and shock of shocks, projects Chibuzo as an OG. 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Board/20/Contents/Watching-Smart-Chibuzo-vs-Reuben-Fatheree-124439465/

highlights :: 

Hamm Lite ::

Chibuzo is playing right guard. Foster has a pair of DI defensive tackles but, even if not for that fact, that is probably his future position. He has done a really good job of getting to the second level on the run blocking. In pass pro, he is a bit hesitant. A couple times, he has the DL get into his body. I’d like to see a little bit more of a mean streak as well. I’m still very high on him, but I think now he’s going to be one of those big SEC guards like Ogunbiyi is.

So Nola, Smart, and Bankhead are all guards? We desperately need tackles.

So we have 4 interior OL committed for 2020? That’s pretty disheartening. Need to make sure Shepherd flips.

Guys, this is Brian’s opinion off of one game. I’m pretty sure we are recruting smart at tackle. And why is Kenyon guaranteed on the right side? Who said that? I bet he’s our lt sooner rather than later. Him or Blanton

We are playing a G at T right now. This seems like Turner's mo.

He did get Kenyon Green this cycle, but then settled for 2 projects in Medley and Trainor when we desperately need a 2nd bona fide OT this cycle. Then he took 4 easy commitments from 4 interior OL for the 2020 cycle. He has no recruiting plan and seems unwilling to fight for the elite talent in the recruitments that go the distance. Flipping Shepherd is a necessity.

not sure why Turner blows his wad so early....not like any of those guys besides Og and Smart were going to commit early. you have a whole year to evaluate and recruit, and you go get kids that will be available in 8 months....makes no damn sense 

We were Smart’s first offer, and then everyone else came calling. It’s why he’s committed to us. I like Smart and Nola but we need to cut Jefferson. We took him as a freshman when he was a stud. Besides Garth, who are the tackles we are after? We really need tackles.

and then we close it out with a redasser who is tired of all the 2%ers and just delivers this work of art. (if this is one of you, congrats. it's perfect) 

HEh? Medley is fucking freak dude. Not a project. I think people have been thinking he's been here for like 6 years and is responsible for our whole line. People seem to forget who we had before in Christenfuck. That dude is responsible for who we should have as upperclassman i.e.: Prater (lolz) Anderson twins (Not sure they actually exist) and Diesch nuts. 
His current guys consist of Green, who was a great take and everyone and their mother bitched about him but I liked his potential since he had good weight on him. Reed: Highly rated recruit, think he still does something here but is hurt a lot. Hocker: Massive SEC motherfucker, guy we really needed. Wolford: Big ass dude too, had to retire, SAD!. Moore: Could be an all sec guard imo but Turner perplexingly plays him at LT, and although he hasn't been great, he's gone against the best pass rushers in the country (at least 5 first round draft picks) and held his own enough.

And the class last year was going to be super small but it has Blanton: Great LT prospect just needs some time. Clement: Center of the future, and Matthews: NFL interior guy.

This year he has our lone 5 star who is a bad mfer that he flipped from LSU, Trainor, who I'm not super high on but you gotta trust turner with potential guys. He is 6-7 and 300+ lbs and we need guys like that. Medley: fuckn freak, Robinson (he'll battle it out with Clement but idk if he wins the C job), and it looks like we have a decent shot to flip Shep.

Not really sure what more you want from the guy, it's not like he;'s filling up on bread, next year we have: Bankhead, an absolute monster, Smart: Even bigger, Akin, Very mobile guard. Jordan Jefferson is definitely questionable. He was a 5 star when he committed and his listed height has somehow shrunk 2 inches? not sure what's going on there. IMO if we land George or another tackle I think that's a solid ass class.

not sure why Turner blows his wad so early....not like any of those guys besides Og and Smart were going to commit early.

Because when you inevitably start losing to all the decent teams on your schedule, you want to make sure you at least stocked up on bread before programs like Tulane, Rice, and Southern Mississippi got to those mediocre players.