Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

Bobby Wolfe

Texas A&M, 4-star CB Bobby Wolfe part ways
ByBRIAN PERRONI 8 minutes ago

Houston Madison four-star cornerback Bobby Wolfe made a surprise early commitment to Texas A&M in February, but decided to open things up less than a month later. Then, in July, he again committed to the Aggies, doing so at The Opening Finals.

While the 6-foot-1, 180-pound defender remained relatively solid for a while, he had recently been talking to other programs. He scheduled an unofficial visit to Arkansas earlier this season, but never took it. He had also been in contact with both Arizona and Louisville quite a bit recently.

On Sunday, Wolfe and the Aggies parted ways again, and it is likely for good this time. He spent the weekend on an official visit to Arizona and Crystal Ball predictions have been coming in for the Wildcats.

Wolfe held offers from schools all over the country when he made his commitment to Texas A&M. However, off-field issues caused some concern this fall with the Aggies as well as other programs.

The loss of Wolfe from the commitment list only makes a small dent in the total team points and the Aggies remain at No. 2 in the team recruiting rankings, behind only Alabama.

A&M has 24 commitments in the class of 2019 with eight of those being ranked in the national top 100. The Aggies still have a pair of cornerbacks committed in four-stars Erick Young of Fort Bend Bush and Jeffery Carter of Mansfield Legacy. Both are national top-1oo prospects.

Wolfe is ranked as the No. 31 prospect in the state of Texas and the No. 28 cornerback. He was also once a very early Ole Miss commit, pledging to the Rebels the summer prior to his junior season

Their schedule has played completely into their hands. It is unbelievable just how bad some of the offenses are in the SEC this year. Kentucky would be lucky to have two conference wins in the Big 12.

They have also been so completely lucky on the injury front. Their lack of depth at multiple positions was the talk of the pre-season, but they have avoided any real injury issues since the season started. If they had the injury luck we had at the start of either Strong or Herman's first half of their first seasons, aggy would already be needing multiple wins in these last 4 to have any hopes of making a bowl game.

17 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Bobby Wolfe

Texas A&M, 4-star CB Bobby Wolfe part ways
ByBRIAN PERRONI 8 minutes ago

Houston Madison four-star cornerback Bobby Wolfe made a surprise early commitment to Texas A&M in February, but decided to open things up less than a month later. Then, in July, he again committed to the Aggies, doing so at The Opening Finals.

While the 6-foot-1, 180-pound defender remained relatively solid for a while, he had recently been talking to other programs. He scheduled an unofficial visit to Arkansas earlier this season, but never took it. He had also been in contact with both Arizona and Louisville quite a bit recently.

On Sunday, Wolfe and the Aggies parted ways again, and it is likely for good this time. He spent the weekend on an official visit to Arizona and Crystal Ball predictions have been coming in for the Wildcats.

Wolfe held offers from schools all over the country when he made his commitment to Texas A&M. However, off-field issues caused some concern this fall with the Aggies as well as other programs.

The loss of Wolfe from the commitment list only makes a small dent in the total team points and the Aggies remain at No. 2 in the team recruiting rankings, behind only Alabama.

A&M has 24 commitments in the class of 2019 with eight of those being ranked in the national top 100. The Aggies still have a pair of cornerbacks committed in four-stars Erick Young of Fort Bend Bush and Jeffery Carter of Mansfield Legacy. Both are national top-1oo prospects.

Wolfe is ranked as the No. 31 prospect in the state of Texas and the No. 28 cornerback. He was also once a very early Ole Miss commit, pledging to the Rebels the summer prior to his junior season

I know it's petty, but only aggy could write a decommitment article without using the word "decommit" once.  

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rickyspub said:

Their schedule has played completely into their hands. It is unbelievable just how bad some of the offenses are in the SEC this year. Kentucky would be lucky to have two conference wins in the Big 12.

They have also been so completely lucky on the injury front. Their lack of depth at multiple positions was the talk of the pre-season, but they have avoided any real injury issues since the season started. If they had the injury luck we had at the start of either Strong or Herman's first half of their first seasons, aggy would already be needing multiple wins in these last 4 to have any hopes of making a bowl game.

Yep.  Been beating this drum for a while now.  They are big and physical up front, but slow.  Pretty good at clogging things up and stopping the run, horrible at containing a pass-attack or countering a two-dimensional offense.  If they had the LB's, they should be running a 3-4.  They have two big tackles and their ends are ridiculously over sized to operate out of their base 4-man front they are running.  

That boom-shak-a-laka hasn't been sidelined with the injury bug is something I'd have never predicted.  He's been hurt every season he's played.  

13 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Really hoping for a Texas bowl matchup with aggy against Tech or WVU.

They would get absolutely strafed against any of the likely bowl eligible B12 schools. WVU, OU, TEX, IA ST, OK ST, Tech, Baylor. The only plus matchup they would have this year is if KState backdoors a bowl the last week of the season. Hell, I would even bet on TCU beating them this year which is saying a lot. 

I misses it earlier bc I was golfing today. But this is how stupid aggy is. They had threads on the decommit tweet, but these guys will buy anything being sold.  

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

11:04a

Staff

I've talked to 3-4 commits since Saturday. The loss doesn't seem to have affected the morale amongst the commits. It's actually sort of galvanized them. You saw Scooby Carter even tweet something about how he can't wait to come in and make an impact. As usual, the recruits handle losses better than most fans. 

-Jason put out a note on Marcus Banks commitment date, and I'm certain he'll be a main target at corner to close the class. However, he's not the only one. Illinois commit Marquez Beason remains in the conversation as does junior college standouts Elijah Blades (Oregon), DJ Daniel (South Carolina), and I continue to hear LSU pledge Dreshun Miller has reciprocated interest. It's pretty clear that A&M has made getting immediate impact at corner a priority.

-We've heard murmurs of Florida based commits Adrian Medley and Tarian Lee scheduling visits elsewhere. If that happens, I think the A&M staff would take that as a reason to continue to recruit/push guys at their respective positions. With about two months to early signing day, taking visits this late can be nefarious propositions. 

-I'm doing some more digging on a pair of underclass prospects that may have some upcoming news. As soon as I get more intel, I'll post that note later today. 

Edited by Lobwedgephil

Losing Carter would be a crippling loss because he's probably the one '19 commit most ready to contribute next year at corner. 

A&M's corners are terrible and they almost certainly have to replace at least one of them. They should be trying to replace both their starting corners. Oliver's regression has been incredible. Renfro has probably been better than Oliver this year. 

Edited by texasstrong12