Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I think playing MSU in Starkville is going to be quite a different experience than feeling like a "should win" for ATM. The MSU DL against the ATM OL is a brutal mismatch and the dawgs have no reason not to go for broke at home. Fisher's conservatism fucks you guys if there are turnovers coming from pressure on the qb. This weekend's game alters the prism through which half of the public is viewing ATM, moreso than any other game. Win against that DL in Starkville and I can start to fathom 9-3. Lose in Starkville and non-moronic aggie outlooks get updated substantially. 

I want to hope for aggy schadenfreude but Fitzgerald has turned into a pumpkin this year. He can't punish Elko's sellout defense at all.

This game's going to be like 10-7 and absolutely miserable to watch.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I think playing MSU in Starkville is going to be quite a different experience than feeling like a "should win" for ATM. The MSU DL against the ATM OL is a brutal mismatch and the dawgs have no reason not to go for broke at home. Fisher's conservatism fucks you guys if there are turnovers coming from pressure on the qb. This weekend's game alters the prism through which half of the public is viewing ATM, moreso than any other game. Win against that DL in Starkville and I can start to fathom 9-3. Lose in Starkville and non-moronic aggie outlooks get updated substantially. 

I agree with this take.  I also agree generally agree with it if you substitute Texas for ATM and OSU/Stillwater for MSU/Starkville.

BTW, MSU is giving 3 points at home.

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I want to hope for aggy schadenfreude but Fitzgerald has turned into a pumpkin this year. He can't punish Elko's sellout defense at all.

Miss St feels very similar to Kentucky. Good defense, good run game, can’t fucking pass.

24 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Miss St feels very similar to Kentucky. Good defense, good run game, can’t fucking pass.

Fitz isn't a good passer, but he's like a 3.5/10 in that department while UK's QB is like a 0.5/10

aggy likely has a more talented overall team than MSU, but I have a hard time seeing a win this weekend. The one dimensional Elko D and the TOP strategy will eventually backfire, and Schmitty trained teams weaken down the stretch. This is a probable close-loss for Jimbo.  

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Keytaon Thompson supposedly might get some reps this week. Then again, he might be a worse passer than Fitzgerald.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I'm confident enough in what I've seen from Jimbo this year for him to properly prepare the team for this game from a scheme and a physical standpoint. IMHO if the Aggies lose on Saturday it will be due to self sabotage, not because they got routed by MSU. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I'm confident enough in what I've seen from Jimbo this year for him to properly prepare the team for this game from a scheme and a physical standpoint. IMHO if the Aggies lose on Saturday it will be due to self sabotage, not because they got routed by MSU. 

No one mentioned a route, so that's you talking to yourself. I said that MSU's DL in Starkville is going to be a problem, and turnovers in your backfield will throw off Jimbo's penchant for conservatism. I stand by that. Nothing about a route or that Fisher wouldn't have the team prepared.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

No one mentioned a route, so that's you talking to yourself. I said that MSU's DL in Starkville is going to be a problem, and turnovers in your backfield will throw off Jimbo's penchant for conservatism. I stand by that. Nothing about a route or that Fisher wouldn't have the team prepared.

"Rout"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Another important difference between this game and the Kentucky one is that Fitzgerald isn't deathly afraid of contact. Terry Wilson was actively hurting his team's chances of winning by avoiding contact.

Gotta protect that franchise arm. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

As an Aggie, I'm embarrassed by all the talk of this being anything other than a strong showing for a first year coach against stiff competition.

The best thing Jimbo can do is play close in games we shouldn't win (moral victories! cover the spread, yay) and win the games he should win.

We should win against everyone left on the schedule EXCEPT LSU, which if we beat them that just gets him bonus points. Next year however is a different story, especially if they take 1 of the hard games, they will need to continue by winning all the gimmes + at least 1 if not 2 of the big games against stiff competition. Kentucky doesn't count as they are a dumpster fire of a team who will be unranked soon enough.

That senior/upperclassmen laden front 7 will be most likely replacing 5 guys.

I think they beat MSU.  Aggy has faced better DLs in Bama and clemson.  MSU’s offense is pure shit.  This is a bad match up for MSU in the sense that aggy is actually decent at stopping the run.  I think we see a 17-13 type of win from aggy.  Hopefully they get butt fucked into oblivion.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This news sucks. I was looking forward to his efforts in creating a toxic culture in that locker room. 

You never know what kind of shit he’ll be saying to other recruits now about aggy.  Including those committed to aggy that he’s probably been talking with for months.  He could try poisoning the well. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

You never know what kind of shit he’ll be saying to other recruits now about aggy.  Including those committed to aggy that he’s probably been talking with for months.  He could try poisoning the well. 

My understanding is that tributaries from the UT AD trough are siphoning money into the hands and pockets of a one Jason Higdon for the purposes of funding disgruntled aggie targets and their airing of grievances in private text groups with other recruits. We should get a coded update on progress shortly after signing day #2.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

My understanding is that tributaries from the UT AD trough are siphoning money into the hands and pockets of a one Jason Higdon for the purposes of funding disgruntled aggie targets and their airing of grievances in private text groups with other recruits. We should get a coded update on progress shortly after signing day #2.

41nvkwg1GCL.jpg

47 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I think they beat MSU.  Aggy has faced better DLs in Bama and clemson.  MSU’s offense is pure shit.  This is a bad match up for MSU in the sense that aggy is actually decent at stopping the run.  I think we see a 17-13 type of win from aggy.  Hopefully they get butt fucked into oblivion.

Pretty much this.  A&M is benefiting tremendously from the inept SEC offenses this year.  They are a team that is good at stopping the run, playing team after that has no decent passing attack.  It's been one good match up after another.  This weekend is more of the same.  They are stacking the LOS series after series.  They are big.  But slow.  Tech would ass-rape them by three TD's.  OU would resemble the AL score if nor worse due to the history of Kyler (please let this happen!!!!!!!!)

Edited by BabaYaga