Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

4 hours ago, golfclap said:

TA no longer predicts Marcus Stripling to this class, think he waited too long and his stock has dropped his senior season. Sounds like Derrick Hunter is higher on the Ags board.

Can’t even count the number of women, from Cheryl Tiegs down through the various latter-day Kates, who’ve moved down my board over the decades.

6 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

I don't have texags premium account, maybe @Lobwedgephil can check into it.

Spoiler

Ryan Brauninger

12:49p

Staff

2:40 PM UPDATE: So I've spoken to a couple of sources on this, and basically it sounds like he was suspended from the team for missing a practice, but he could still play this fall. There is still a lot going on with him though, including flirting with other programs, and right now I would say its looking more and more like he will not be a part of Texas A&M's 2019 recruiting class.
I spoke to a source that was in the stadium last night for Houston Madison's game versus Ft Bend Willowridge.

My source indicated that A&M commit Bobby Wolfe did not participate in the game. Apparently, there were two rumors floating around the stadium and sideline. The first was that Wolfe was injured and out for the week. The other was that Bobby is no longer part of the Houston Madison football program. I was unable to ascertain whether if that was under his own volition or a decision made by the coaching staff assuming that is actually what happened. Again, it could be as simple as an injury that kept him out. 

Jason and I are both trying to run down exactly what the deal is.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Ask Liucci: Best recruiting head coaches, targeting turmoil & more

Liucci

11:46a, 10/19/18

Staff

AG

Quote:

What are your thoughts on our struggles in the red zone? Anything specific you would do to address it going forward? 

It's just a combination of everything. Still, I think the biggest two things have to do with blocking not being as good as it needs to be in close quarters in the trenches - not just the o-line but also the guys setting the edge like TEs and FBs. Another thing is the fact that we haven't seen the receivers getting much separation when the field is shortened. There isn't a MIke Evans type or even a Josh Reynolds who can go up and fight for (and win) contested balls consistently. The guys have to beat coverage quickly and the protection isn't really there so that combination makes things tough on Mond and the passing game. Obviously, Jace as a receiving threat is a strength inside the 20 and I get the feeling Quartney Davis has started to emerge and could be a weapon near the goal line moving forward. 

Quote:

In your opinion, what are the odds of running the table? 

Not great but I do think it's possible enough that I might even go there if I see them put it together and play a complete game coming out of the bye during an impressive win in Starkville. Right now, I think the Ags drop one the rest of the way, two on the low end.

Quote:

% of Sternberger returning for this senior year?

I think the odds there are pretty high. He has SO much to gain by returning and becoming a better blocker, not to mention all of the off-season hype and buzz as arguably the nation's top returning player at the position if he finishes this season the way he starts it. Jace isn't the most overwhelming guy physically, either, another area he could really stand to improve and push his draft stock higher.

Quote:

Are we the best team in Texas? And when are the national talking heads going to talk about us outside of the context of making Clemson's resume look better? 

Yes. The Aggies are the best team in Texas. In order to get the national talking heads to talking about the Ags, that happens after the next two weekends if they beat Mississippi State and Auburn. They'd be 7-2 and probably hovering around a top-10 ranking and would be favored in two homes games before hosting LSU to end the season. Win the next two and you're very much in the 'second-best in the West' and the NY6 conversation. By the way, Texas in the top ten is a lot like the Ags getting there after beating the likes of Arizona State and UCLA and then Arkansas or someone with a name who really wasn't that good that particular season (Auburn for the Ags two years ago, USC for Texas this year). It's Fool's Gold in Austin, as evidenced by their rancid performances against K-State and Baylor.

Quote:

What's your assessment of the o'line. Improved, regressed or remained the same from the start of the season?

The unit definitely has not regressed. They've much better than they were last year and they're getting better this season though I thought the unit didn't play as well against South Carolina minus a starter on the inside. Maybe I'm asking for too much but I still want to see more from that group but there are some limitations in terms of raw athleticism in the group and I think that means that they have to play outstanding technical football at all times (as in not getting themselves off-balance or taking bad steps) and not miss assignments, blitz pickups etc. Definitely an improving unit but they're going to have to really turn a corner and be ready to perform these next two Saturdays.

Quote:

Jimbo personally went to see Demond DemasZach Evans, and Malik Hornsby. Any word on the reaction on having someone of Jimbo's caliber walk into their school and/or any update on what affect that personal attention/visit may have made on the three of them? 

Well he sat outside in the rain and watched Evans run the football at North Shore. Reminded me of the story Marcus Spears like to tell about Jimbo carrying Marcus' cleats as Spears walked off of a high school football field for the last time. Jimbo and the Ags have flat-out out-recruited the competition for the three 2020 superstars. It's going to be a long, long process for all three but A&M is currently in the best spot for each of the Houston-area stars in the very early going, essentially holding the commit of two of the three and probably positioned as the quiet but I believe solid leader for the other..

Quote:

We will have some great momentum in the recruiting world if Jimbo can go 9-3 in Year 1 (with not many expecting it before the season) but I was curious how it is impacted by a 10-2 texas? Or an 11 win OU? 

I don't think OU going 11-1 would have much of an impact. A 10-2 Texas vs a 9-3 A&M? I'd call that advantage Aggies. If the Ags get to 9-3 and win a bowl, well this staff has already proven they can out-recruit Herman's Hermits If the Ags were to win 9, either by winning their next four and falling to LSU or by splitting these next two and beating the Tigers at Kyle Field, they'd be next to impossible to unseat as the dominant recruiting force in the state for 2020 (following up on what they're doing this year). I think Texas has to win the Big 12 to counter that and essentially even things out. The price they pay for being in a joke of a league and for not having the foresight to get out...or at least for being shortsighted enough to think bringing everyone out west to the 'Pac-16' was a good idea.

Quote:

What do you think is really contributing to Tucker's woes? Is he having a hard time adjusting to the new scheme, having trouble reading offenses or just totally regressed? 

Second 'regressed' reference. I just don't think he's adjusted yet to what they're asking him to do and I also think he hasn't proven to be instinctive enough to make it work before he's completely comfortable in the defense and knowing what he's seeing. He also needs to keep his head up as a tackler more often than he does. I still think Tuck can be a very good player for the Ags, whether it's at safety or even in the box as a nickel defender down the road but he's scrapping right now. Regressed? I don't think that's the case at all. I just think we saw him in limited action last year so saw the 'flash' plays like big hits and the big interception against Ole Miss and tried to project that maybe a little more than we should have. Smaller sample size was a little misleading but Tucker can still hit a ton and he's still an underclassman so let's see how he does over the next five games and then discuss his 2018 showing.

Quote:

Do you believe the refs are more likely to call targeting on A&M players? i.e. is team reputation among SEC refs a thing? 

I don't think that's a stretch. The Ags might have to be more careful than others at this point...especially Donovan Wilson. I just think the SEC needs to be a much, much, much, MUCH better job than they are when it comes to enforcement and punishment. It's pretty embarrassing at this point.

Quote:

What should the expectations be for Chattman and Clemons when they return (hopefully after the bye)? 

I think we'll see Clifford back before Micheal, who seems to have been 'almost back' all season. At this point, I begin wondering about him redshirting if a medical is a possibility. Would be nice to bring him back since you're already losing Landis and Kingsley after this year. I think Clifford will be back by Auburn and Jhamon is a possibility for that one too. Wouldn't shock me to see Chattman out there against State but we won't know that until next week if and when he starts practicing.

Quote:

Outside of a NY6 bowl, what bowl game would you want to see the Ags play at the end of this season? I'm thinking we're overdue for a Florida appearance. 

Outside of a NY6? Yeah, I'd love to see them in one of the Florida bowls. I wouldn't hate Nashville either. I sat the Louisville game out because we were literally just there a month earlier to play Vandy but I haven't returned to Nashvegas since. 

Quote:

Please provide a 2019 recruiting overview, who we close with. 

Come on Dalton. I saw this question and said to myself, "This is a stand-alone question not something I can answer in a Q&A with about 30 other questions. But Dalton commits his first egregious act of the week and he'll make up some flimsy excuse that we the people of this thread will not accept. Brauny and Howell will be putting something together soon along these lines but here's the quick version: I think the Ags add Jalen WydermyerDavid Ugwoegbu and, Derick Hunter, A. Smith to the commit list and eventually land Javonne Shepherd. I also think eventually a JUCO corner or OLB/pass rusher could join the mix, as well.

Quote:

What are your thoughts on big Daylon Mack in a goal-line package?

I wouldn't hate seeing it so long as they committed enough practice time to it to make it more than a gimmick. Daylon is tough and would obviously be an explosive and willing blocker. Him getting the ball would be an added bonus but how fun would it be to see him sneak out of the backfield and haul in a two-yard TD pass at some point?

Quote:

with run heavy msu up next....who replaces Dono in the first half... O'neal or Buddy Johnson. 

I think you'll still go with a true safety. Probably Carper or Capers-Smith. You'd really like a veteran back there against a QB like Fitzgerald because that dude can magnify mistakes in a hurry. The real key is going to be keeping that offense off the field as much as possible in the first half and until Dono returns.

Quote:

Do you see Tre Brown being more dominant as a junior than anyone we have on the DL this year? That kid just looks different to me than any fish I can remember, even Myles.

Yes, I could see that but Madubuike has been pretty nasty. But, yeah, I could see Tre having All-SEC first team or even All-American potential two years from now. He's that promising a young player and continues to improve noticeably each and every week of late, it seems.

Quote:

Who are your Top 5 best head coaches on the recruiting front since you've been covering college football? 

Interesting question (Dalton redeems himself!!!). I'd say Fisher, Saban, Mack, Stoops and maybe Patterson because you simply have to give him credit for doing it the way he does it, which is very unique but has done wonders for that program and is perfect for Fort Worth. If not him then I'd probably have to include James Franklin in there.

Quote:

Nakobe Dean has a clear path to start next to Dodson next year - Hines coming off of injury... is that a significant factor for him? These fish seem to want early playing time - which is foolish - but we actually can show him a path! will we land him??? 

I don't think they'll end up landing Nakobe Dean but I wouldn't say it's out of the realm of possibility at all. I just think he's been pretty quietly locked in to Bama for quite some time...at least that's what the folks in Tuscaloosa are convinced of. For any linebacker the Ags are recruiting there's a pretty good chance for significant playing time in year one though I certainly wouldn't write Hines off (or anything close to that, really). Even so, you're going to have only four scholarship LBs returning and two are coming off of season-ending knee injuries and one of the two others is a senior. There's nowhere in the country that would be a more appealing path in terms the opportunity to play right away. 

Quote:

Regarding time of possession. Is that the norm for Fisher's team or is he overly compensating for some of our weakness? If so, thoughts on what those weakness are? I have my guesses but wanted to hear your POV. 

Very weird question from Dalton (he got lax and forgot the first part but luckily I know what this was about). It has to do with style of play and chewing clock with the running game. Your answer is that it's a combination of both. Fisher is always going to commit to establishing the run and if he can he's going to try to take over games on the ground in the fourth quarter and down the stretch. However, I do think the extent to which the Ags are doing it is out of necessity, as well. This team isn't yet built to run opponents out of the building as much as we'd all (Fisher included) love to see it. As Kellen gains experience, the pass protection improves and a consistent downfield or All-SEC receiver emerges, you'll see them attack more through the air (which we've seen in three of the seven games so far anyway) and which FSU while Jameis was winning a Heisman. But if Jimbo can wear an opponent down with a punishing ground game and consistent, efficient passing he will. He works with what he has as well as any coach in the game. Look what he's doing right now, look at Jameis' two seasons at FSU and then look at what he was doing early on at LSU with Rohan Davey when the defense wasn't yet up to snuff under Saban so they just slung it all over the yard through the air with great success.

Quote:

Where do you think we finish in total defense at the end of the year, considering we are sitting at 20th right now....higher or lower? 

No clue really. Ole Miss will tend to skew those numbers one way and LSU puts up yards when they have it going. Still, Miss State, Auburn, LSU and UAB aren't necessarily lighting it up on that side of the ball and the Ags have already weathered Clemson and Bama. I'd say somewhere in that 18-25 range when it's all said and done, which would be absolutely amazing considering where this team has been and that it's year one under Mike Elko.

Quote:

Given how dominant Alabama has been this year even by their standards, where you would personally set the Vegas line if they faced Clemson, Ohio State, Notre Dame or Georgia? Would a touchdown be too high? 

I think it would be MUCH higher than that. Hell, Georgia just lost to LSU by how many??? Clemson vs Bama? I think that's a double-digit line and if it's not I'm taking it all day. Same with Notre Dame. Maybe Ohio State is around a TD.

Quote:

In regards to targeting - what do you think about changing the rule to be similar to soccer where a player may get a warming (yellow card) for the first infraction and ejected on the second infraction (red card), a red card would lead to missing the next game or half. while a player that gets a yellow card in consecutive games (a repeat first offender) will have to sit out a half if they get a yellow in 3 different games. Kind of like the point system you mentioned in the Press Row podcast. 

This is exactly what I've been saying only in soccer terms. I like it. As it is now, it is far too punitive and inconsistent. 

Quote:

Have your thoughts on Ed O changed based on their start to the season? Do you think he has staying power down on the bayou or will the wheels come off at some point like we were thinking before the season? 

Definitely have changed my tune on Ed O. Never thought he'd do this good a job of maintaining consistency in his program and it seems all of the turmoil within the staff etc has been kept to a minimum. I still like him there more than some other people they could hire, however. I don't think the wheels are coming off there or in Austin as they might have but that honestly might not be the worst thing to happen to Texas A&M and where the Ags are heading under Jimbo Fisher.

Quote:

Worse targeting call - Renfro or Trent Hunter? 

I'd say it was the Hunter one because of what was at stake and what it cost Texas A&M. As for the Renfro nonsense ejection, it could have proven MUCH more costly had the Ags not been able to control so much of the clock for the remainder of the half and throughout the fourth quarter. South Carolina's chances to exploit the absence were really limited because of the lack of chances.

Quote:

What's one surprise or wrinkle you project after the bye week?

No idea really. Maybe some more activity with the ball for guys like Trevor Wood and Cullen Gillaspia (as in a couple of touches a game, nothing major). Other than that, I don't think you'll see a ton of new stuff maybe just a little more of some of the younger guys (backups) who are working their way into more meaningful reps. I could also see more and more two-back sets featuring Corbin and Williams moving forward.

Quote:

OL is better, however, it seems like we are missing something. Seems like we have a different breed of OL being recruited. Care to elaborate? 

Not sure what that means unless you mean that the Ags are starting to recruit a higher cut of athlete up front. They have an elite guy in Kenyon Green and would love to add a second in Javonne Shepherd. From there, they are trying to land multiple elite-level types in 2020 and '21. Clearly a push to upgrade the raw athleticism and talent level up front but I think that was to be expected.

Quote:

Did you expect Diallo to contribute more than he has so far? Also, same for Rogers and Moton.

Yes on Diallo maybe not so much this season anyway on Rogers, though maybe next year. Mohamed is going to be VERY good and he's already proving difficult to block or handle in practice. I just think the two starters have been playing so well, Peevy is improving rapidly and Kingsley Keke needs his reps inside when you can get him a few. With Keke and Mack graduating after this year, Diallo and Peevy should both have a pretty significant impact next fall.

Quote:

What's the single biggest shortcoming the staff needs to clean up on each side of the ball during the bye week?

I'd say penalties (a dozen against South Carolina) and cleaning things up in terms of the running game inside the five-yard line. But the single-biggest area in my opinion is going to be in terms of pass defense and simply covering wide receivers better than they did last weekend in Columbia.

Quote:

Any chatter brewing about practice squad players starting to turn heads? Cordarrian??

Richardson actually isn't practicing yet due to off-season injury but he'll be good to go this spring and they're pretty excited about him for 2019 and beyond. Dude could play tailback or fullback. I heard the names Luke Matthews a lot, as well.

Quote:

Based on the inconsistency in the secondary this year, do you see any of the 2019 class coming in and unseating any current starters in that unit? 

So the current starters back would be Tucker, Oliver and Renfro. That's a tough one. At corner, I think the position is just so hard for a true freshman to walk in and start. I think Erick Young and Jeffery Carter are stud cover men, however. Chattman is also going to factor into that mix, big-time. I think one of those two (Young or Carter) do find themselves in a starting role in five-DB packages at the least. At safety, there's already an open spot and I don't think O'Neal and Tucker would start alongside each other because that's probably not quite enough speed on the back end between them. So one of those two plus either Carper or one of the two true freshmen? Would be interesting. I could see a safety and a nickel type next fall starting at some point.

Quote:

What is the biggest step left for this year's team to complete? I realize there is a great deal left, but I am curious your thoughts on the progression and steps left for the year.

I think the biggest step is simply the next step. You have a chance to go sit at the big boy table in the SEC. Do you want to take it or not? If so, the Ags are going to have to get better in the red zone, cover better and get a few more takeaways. Those things are trending in the right direction but they're not there yet. Also, when the Ags have the chance to take complete control of the momentum of a game, they have to get better at doing so. But more than anything else, it's just continuing to improve each week and not have a single Saturday during which you lose focus (or week of prep, for that matter). If this team can get by Mississippi State and continue improving after that, they're going to be 9-2 with LSU coming in.

Others Receiving Votes

Quote:

Have you tried terry price's bbq and how good is it? 

I actually have not but we always talk BBQ when we sit down to chat...especially during baseball season. He and I are huge Snow's fans and I'm pretty sure I introduced him to it back in 2012 or '13. We're always talking about who has gone where and if either of us 'discovers' a new spot.

Quote:

Who is the best guy in the national media to just hang out with? 

To hang out with? Damn, that's not easy. I might have to go with my dude Stanford Steve here. He's off the chain and just funny as hell. If you're talking about just sitting around talking sports, it's probably SVP or our good friend Peter Burns. Feldman and I have had some good times hanging out in CS, as well. He's a very good friend as is Andy Staples (speaking of BBQ talk).

Quote:

If you had to pick a TexAgs staffer to go on the recruiting trail with the Aggie coaches, who would be the best living room closer? 

Not Brauny. Probably me. Or the 'Lord of Passionate Speeches' himself, Hunter Goodwin.

Quote:

when does Johnny get his statue at Kyle Field?

No idea but it'll happen. I'd say within the next five years or so. He won the Heisman in 2012 so it needs to happen by 2022 at the absolute latest, IMO.

Quote:

What is favorite memory from your time at A&M as a student?

Aggie football games, Bonfire and just hanging out with friends until sunrise telling stories. The nights at the Tap and the parties weren't so bad either. Road trips with the fellas to the river and the celebration after the '98 Big 12 Championship game were unforgettable.

Quote:

Biggest Tiger surprise this year - Auburn, LSU, or Woods? 

Probably LSU. Woods was building to that point ever so slowly, and why would we have expected anything less from Gus???

Edited by Lobwedgephil

41 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Lose to LSU to end the season, with a loss to Bama already... but "firmly in the spot for 2nd best in the SEC west". That aggy math just doesn't check out. Not to mention when they lose to MSU next weekend...

They are not losing to MSU. Nick Fitzgerald can’t complete a forward pass. 

31 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't think OU going 11-1 would have much of an impact. A 10-2 Texas vs a 9-3 A&M? I'd call that advantage Aggies.

Well done Looch, well done.

This one literally made me lol. I cant believe people pay for this.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

They are not losing to MSU. Nick Fitzgerald can’t complete a forward pass. 

I somewhat disagree. MSU gets Aggy at home, that’ll help. But yes if MSU tries to run Fitzgerald 50 times they will lose. 

I’ve never seen a QB regress as dramatically as Fitzgerald has. 

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

I somewhat disagree. MSU gets Aggy at home, that’ll help. But yes if MSU tries to run Fitzgerald 50 times they will lose. 

I’ve never seen a QB regress as dramatically as Fitzgerald has. 

The MSU DL will own the aggy OL.  

As bad as Auburn is it's actually a bad matchup for aggy since Stidham can pass and they have a pretty solid defense.

Damon Sayles: Running the table a legit possibility for Aggies

The bye week is officially over. It's time for Texas A&M to focus on another road victory.

That's what the casual fan is thinking. Members of the Aggie coaching staff and players never took the time off and never checked out physically or mentally. A 5-2 record and a three-game win streak simply isn't good enough. It's easy to see that this team wants more. Much more.

The next five games will tell us a lot. And as the Aggies get ready to return to the field Saturday on the road against Mississippi State, one question seems to pop up: Can this team led by Kellen Mond and Trayveon Williams and Jace Sternberger and Tyrel Dodson and Kingsley Keke and the rest of the standouts run the table?

A 10-2 record. Was this even conceived as doable by fans two months ago? An 8-4 record in Jimbo Fisher's first year was considered a successful season by some. But this Fisher-led football team has a legitimate shot of finishing the back half of the season 5-0 -- which would give the Aggies 10 victories and have them under consideration for a New Year's Six bowl primarily because of the two teams they lost to -- No. 1 Alabama and Clemson, who is expected to be No. 2 after Ohio State's loss.

It all starts with a win Saturday in Starkville. Mississippi State's offense looked very one-dimensional in a 19-3 loss to LSU. Quarterback Nick Fitzgerald rushed for 131 yards on 23 carries in the loss, but he'll face a Texas A&M front seven that has emerged as one of the nation's best. Additionally, Fitzgerald only completed 8 of 24 passes for 59 yards. He completed 12 passes total if you count the four interceptions thrown -- which could mean a big night for the Texas A&M secondary.

From there, Texas A&M hits the road to Auburn, where the Tigers found some of their mojo after beating Ole Miss, 31-16, in Oxford. Auburn fans are still wondering if its team can re-emerge as the team once ranked in the polls. The Tigers also are idle next week: What could that mean as they prepare for a Texas A&M hoping to be fresh off a big road win?

Texas A&M then closes the regular season with three home games. On Nov. 10, the Aggies face an Ole Miss team that can score points but can't seem to stop its opponents from scoring. Ole Miss has scored 45 or more points in five of eight games and 62 or more points three times this season -- yet they are 2-3 in SEC play primarily because of their lack of defensive effort.

Some fans are looking at the Nov. 17 matchup against UAB as a cake walk and a warmup for the following week for the Aggies. The Blazers, however, are far from a tomato can. The team is 6-1 on the year and fresh off beating a North Texas team that dominated Arkansas earlier in the year. UAB is a dangerous opponent that will play with nothing to lose, but with a healthy lineup -- and disciplined play in all three facets of the game -- Texas A&M should walk out of Kyle Field with a victory. Emphasis on "should."

And finally, there's Nov. 24: Texas A&M's regular-season finale will pit it against LSU. If the Aggies handle business, they will enter this game 9-2 and riding a seven-game win streak. Confidence will be high, but if we know Fisher and his staff, humility will be higher. A game like this could have one of the most electric atmospheres of the entire college football season because of the stakes. LSU, which is idle Saturday, has its own litmus test in two weeks against Alabama, and as a full unit, it looks like the one team in the SEC West that can truly give Alabama fits if clicking on all cylinders.

This game, however, will be much bigger for Texas A&M. Kevin Sumlin never beat LSU as the head coach. The Aggies have lost seven straight to the Tigers. Just imagine the feeling in Kyle Field if LSU takes the loss. In a huge SEC West game. In front of more than 100,000 fans. With Fisher -- and the $75 million contract -- as the new coach.

It wasn't long ago when a 10-2 record for Texas A&M sounded comical in conversation and looked unrealistic on paper. Now, it's an achievable goal for a team looking to not only silence its critics but also plant the seed for the future of Aggie football.

48 minutes ago, Goodman said:

The way SEC is allowed to control bowl matchups should be exposed and immediately end. Why would other league commissioners sit back and allow them to run the bowl system?

I've never understood this. They wait until all of the other conferences have accepted, and then determine who goes where. 

1 hour ago, texaslong said:

I've never understood this. They wait until all of the other conferences have accepted, and then determine who goes where. 

The SEC put that in all their bowl contracts.  It’s going to be that way until the contracts are renewed in 2025 iirc but no way does the B12/ACC/B10 let them get away with that the next time around.

13 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Texas has to win the Big 12 to counter that and essentially even things out. The price they pay for being in a joke of a league and for not having the foresight to get out...or at least for being shortsighted enough to think bringing everyone out west to the 'Pac-16' was a good idea.

Luicci says it. I'd love to be there to have him flesh this out. 

A&M had the "foresight" to flee the Big 12 after promising to stay. They look out only for themselves and most of them were gleeful at the prospect of damaging the Big 12 in general and Texas in particular. They're small people with small character.

Texas tried "bringing everyone" to a new conference. Texas took the lead in a move that would benefit UT and many other Big 12 schools including A&M. Aggies must project their own mercenariness onto Texas and claim, somehow, the PAC move was all about the Longhorns.

Aggies were clever to flee. Texas was stupid and selfish to try to lead an inclusive move to another conference.

I'd like to see Luicci back pedal out of that. I know he would never concede because Aggies don't do that. He'd roll out their dogma about Texas knowing the PAC was not a fit for the Aggies and that the SEC only wanted A&M and not the ebil tu. They didn't flee because they are in the mightiest division of the toughest football conference in the world. 

"You need us more than we need you, so we won't deign to play you!" 

tldr: chickenshit through and through

• Like 4