Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

31 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Are you implying that our recruits are worse than aggy because they didn't offer? 

That's what I'm getting out of it. I guess these 8 JAGs we got would never see the field in College Station.

There's a point to be made about A&M's success in state this year. There's also some pretty good counterpoints about why it doesn't matter at the moment.

Texas looks to be on a great trajectory. Still hard to tell about A&M, but they find themselves comparing their losses with other teams' losses which, frankly, has always been one of their most hallowed traditions. So, what's changed?

We beat three ranked teams. They point to how their losses are to better teams than those to whom we lost. I recall them doing that when we beat them head to head.

"If you're so good, why did we hang closer to OU than you did?"

"Uh, we beat you."

"Yea, well... you guys are fehgs!"

"Still hanging on to those 1930s insults. Great work."

"Whoop! Beat the sips again! Howdy! Caneck!"

Edited by RomaVicta
I found a better way

9 hours ago, RadiologyHorn said:

I don’t have my head in the sand on these things. aggy has the upper hand right now, first issue is to acknowledge it so you can figure out how to beat them.

our last 8 recruits:

1. Demaryion Houston - OOS WR with no A&M offer
2. Chris Adimora - OOS S with no A&M offer
3. Derrian Brown - OOS RB with no A&M offer 
4. Tyler Owens - in-state S with no A&M offer
5. David Gbenda - in-state LB with an A&M offer but was being slow played at one by both us and aggy, aggy completely stopped recruiting him after they got bluechip LB Christian Harris
6. Marcus Tillman - OOS LB with no A&M offer
7. Marques Caldwell - in-state CB with no A&M offer
8. Javonne Shepherd - well this ones about to get fucked up if today was any indication 

Jesus Christ you are insufferable.  Take your act back to the football board.

• Like 1

There is a decent shot that ATM is trapdooring Wolfe because they have a bigger fish on the line. It's going to be interesting to watch. I can't imagine that Wolfe will be anything but the 24th or 25th guy in a 27-28 person signing class for ATM. The OL from FL is another one at risk, along with the Ellison guy at DL. If we were to force rank (ignoring the rankings from the services) with what we collectively know and follow here, I think we could come up pretty easily with a consensus bottom 5 in their class and watch to see what happens with those guys. If they all mysteriously decommit or begin to "look elsewhere", it won't be coincidental. This is Saban disciple recruiting 101.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There is a decent shot that ATM is trapdooring Wolfe because they have a bigger fish on the line. It's going to be interesting to watch. I can't imagine that Wolfe will be anything but the 24th or 25th guy in a 27-28 person signing class for ATM. The OL from FL is another one at risk, along with the Ellison guy at DL. If we were to force rank (ignoring the rankings from the services) with what we collectively know and follow here, I think we could come up pretty easily with a consensus bottom 5 in their class and watch to see what happens with those guys. If they all mysteriously decommit or begin to "look elsewhere", it won't be coincidental. This is Saban disciple recruiting 101.

It's funny because Wolfe was one of the guys they were crazy excited about getting - HUUUGE in-state win and all that. That could be some phenomenal backtracking.

11 minutes ago, RollingPresidential said:

What fish would they have on the line?

I keep trying to figure it out and the only thing I can come up with is that the numbers are tight and maybe with McGlothern (should be a S, but: Aggy) and Mickens - maybe they are gonna push the 2019 schollie to LB or OL? Although, the reality is that Wolfe is already on his 3rd commitment, he has been committed to Ole Miss and Aggy twice, so it may just be Bobby Wolfe doing Bobby Wolfe things. He reached out to Arky and Arizona as well. 

Wait, I missed the whole Bobby Wolfe liking the Acho post (and several others) about Jimbo Fisher laying his hands on Dotson, which preempted the calling around. 

The narrative from the Aggy sites might be that Aggy trapped-doored him, but it looks like the reality is different ...   

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Wait, I missed the whole Bobby Wolfe liking the Acho post (and several others) about Jimbo Fisher laying his hands on Dotson, which preempted the calling around. 

The narrative from the Aggy sites might be that Aggy trapped-doored him, but it looks like the reality is different ...   

Yeah, I'm not on the aggie boards, so I don't know their narrative right now. My post was speculative regarding the trapdooring. If it's just Wolfe being Wolfe, that certainly wouldn't surprise me. That said, I still think we should create a trapdooring consensus list and track it.

8 minutes ago, golfclap said:

There was a thread on some aggy board about Wolfe not liking Fisher's actions when he put  hands on Dotson. I think it might have been SECRant. 

This is likely fall out from that vs trap dooring him. 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

"is a factor" in the sense we told him to buzz off, sure.

"That's a sophomore, Bob. A sophomore."

I agree with several others on here - Wolfe doesn't really move the needle for me. Maybe I'm wrong, but Wolfe seems like a me-first kind of guy whose Twitter game kind of reminds me of O'Neal. Not really sure I would want him in the locker room.

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DpF6Y4mU0AA8VLH.jpg

LOLOL--

"This kid got a Texas offer less than 24 hours ago and already decommitted.  He previously had a TAMU offer, and he's a great fit here.  Texas feels pretty confident they will land him, but I haven't asked him about his TAMU offer, so he's probably coming here to play for Elko."

That'll be $9.95.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

"I haven't spoken to him at all, but I have every reason to believe he loves Texas aTm and we would be a major player for his services."

Go fuck yourself. 

We did the same bit, but you did it a little bit before me.

But mine was funnier.

So fuck you.

• Like 1

But why not write something like this looks to be all Texas for the 3 star, and then throw in some chum about Texas going low on its board and out of state to fill out its class because jimbo took all our top guys?  He’s not pandering, he’s just setting himself up to be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But why not write something like this looks to be all Texas for the 3 star, and then throw in some chum about Texas going low on its board and out of state to fill out its class because jimbo took all our top guys?  He’s not pandering, he’s just setting himself up to be wrong. 

2jrch9.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

All signs point to Texas. Why would he write that knowing that the kid most likely commits to Texas later this week?

Aggies lie pretty much constantly about shit that matters and shit that doesn't matter. It's a turdition.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, golfclap said:

By all means sign every Orebo and Chibuzo that you can. WHOOP! 

You can always tell when something awesome happens to Aggy, like an UGA decommit or win over Kentucky because bizzle surfaces, like fucking clockwork. No worries though soon he'll be back to posting with his sock aka "being in famously internet-less Vancouver" again. 

this is going to get a bit awkward when herman starts pushing for chibuzo. 

and i think your main problem is you don't take recruiting seriously enough. 

• Haha 2

Montel Parker leaving Aggy ::

After moving to safety a couple games into the season, wide receiver Montel Parker is transferring. He has already received permission to talk with other schools, per a source.

Their board seems to think they need to have 15 leave to get their numbers right. That's a shitton of attrition. 

49 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Montel Parker leaving Aggy ::

Their board seems to think they need to have 15 leave to get their numbers right. That's a shitton of attrition. 

Hilarious considering the shit they talked about the attrition of Texas, especially the divorced midget.

7 hours ago, bizzle said:

this is going to get a bit awkward when herman starts pushing for chibuzo. 

and i think your main problem is you don't take recruiting seriously enough. 

"I'm different than all the others. My sarcasm isn't hiding a deep, decades' long insecurity bubbling below the surface." 

They are about to experience the growing pains we had.  It’s been what 5-6 years since we’ve had the majority of our starters be upper classmen?  If they run off 10-15 players and are hoping to play majority freshman and sophomores, they will will suck shit so bad.  There’s a reason Herman is trying to redshirt as many freshmen.  You want grown men starting.  We saw what our highly rated 2015-2016 classes looked like when you throw them in there before they are ready.  It leads to 6 loss seasons and your coach getting fired.