Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

But jimbo knows he’s got at least 5 years before aggy could even think of firing him, so he’s in no hurry to win.  Probably more like 7 years really. He can just work on his roster and wait for the 2019 and 2020 classes to be ready to go. If he’s not winning big in 2022, he won’t ever be winning big there. 

Thats what aggy paid for, right?  Results in 5 years?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

But jimbo knows he’s got at least 5 years before aggy could even think of firing him, so he’s in no hurry to win.  Probably more like 7 years really. He can just work on his roster and wait for the 2019 and 2020 classes to be ready to go. If he’s not winning big in 2022, he won’t ever be winning big there. 

Thats what aggy paid for, right?  Results in 5 years?

True, but the issue he'll run into will be sustaining recruiting classes if he's not winning starting next year, which will then prohibit winning in 2022. This is the same do or die situation Herman is in this year. Thankfully he is "doing".

13 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

True, but the issue he'll run into will be sustaining recruiting classes if he's not winning starting next year, which will then prohibit winning in 2022. This is the same do or die situation Herman is in this year. Thankfully he is "doing".

The best part's going to be this coming offseason.  However many wins Herman gets this year they'll think Jimbo will top it his 2nd year compared to Herman's.

18 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The best part's going to be this coming offseason.  However many wins Herman gets this year they'll think Jimbo will top it his 2nd year compared to Herman's.

They also got Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, and LSU, so 8-4 is their ceiling assuming they win every other game.

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

True, but the issue he'll run into will be sustaining recruiting classes if he's not winning starting next year, which will then prohibit winning in 2022. 

If he's not "winning" they will just start paying more for more recruits. It's not going to end well for them. 

21 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Herman won’t take that lying down. 

Excited boosters are engaged boosters. Beating OU and being ranked in the top ten gets fans excited.

Also, I think Jimbo will do well, but the idea that he's going to take over Texas is silly. Tom has the better program with better history at a better University in a better city.

• Like 1

ag board making a list of attrition candidates ::

tandrus ::

My list of attrition candidates: 
QB Blumrick 
QB Nick Starkel 
WR Aaron Hansford 
WR Klyde Chriss 
WR Hez Jones 
WR Keynel McZeal 
RB Deneric Prince 
RB Jacob Kibodi 
OL Riley Anderson 
DE Ondario Robinson 
DE Camron Horry 
DB Montel Parker (Gone) 
DB Roney Elam 
DB Myles Jones 
DB Antonio Howard 
DB Devin Morris

ppp38 

I would subtract Hez and add Prater, Rogers,Moton, Diesch, Pryor and McCollum

that would put a lot of the 2019 guys right into the depth chart ... 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Their defense will be really young next year. They lose 3/4 starters on the DL. Their best LBer in Alaka. Dodson could be gone too at LBer dependent on where he's projected to be drafted. They lose a couple SRs in the secondary. Then the rest of their secondary sucks so a lot of those young guys will likely come in and get reps. 

This is why I'm confused A&M isn't hitting the JUCO market. They probably need some experience at all 3 levels of the defense coming into next year. Texas has realized that at DE/LB. Maybe A&M will eventually see the light. 

Edited by texasstrong12

oh man ... 

ppp38 delivers again ... 

Moorhead loved Parker who had an amazing sophomore year but didn't have a good junior and senior year where he spent most of his time either injured or at QB. Taking guys too early that aren't can't miss elite guys isn't a good practice imo. Something to watch for 2020

Chibuzo. Bankhead. Jefferson. Ogunbiyi. Welp, that's a good start. 

Demas for as long as he's an Aggy commit makes it 1 of 5. 

Jimbo seems to be hitting it off with the faculty.  Here's a lovely piece contributed by Arnold Luenes:

Recent events involving A&M's head football coach and one of his top players has prompted this letter.
As an Aggie (Class of 1960), collegiate athlete, sports psychologist, and 53-year faculty member, I am appalled at the behaviors displayed by Coach Jimbo Fisher, who has a decade-long history of coddling an assortment of sex offenders, felons, miscreants and ne'er-do-wells while at Florida State. Twenty-nine of his players were arrested during his 10-year tenure there. Sports analyst Mike Rosenberg has studied university athlete arrests over a recent five-year period and found that Florida State was number 10 on the list (A&M was third). As he further indicated: "Imagine what FSU's arrest rate would be if Tallahassee police actually arrested football players."

We are five games into Fisher's troubled (and troubling) tenure in which he has been captured on television pushing and shoving assistant coaches and/or other team personnel and inexcusably grabbing a player by the facemask. These missteps have gone viral to tens of thousands of television viewers. It is my fondest hope that these outbursts have not gone unnoticed by the athletic director and the university administration. I am going to assume, perhaps naively, that the powers that be already have acted so that we might not have to endure 10 more years of this boorish, mind-boggling misbehavior.

Perhaps even more ominous in some ways is the prospect of A&M turning once again into a powerhouse reminiscent of the days of Paul "Bear" Bryant, Emory Bellard, Jackie Sherrill and R.C. Slocum. Winning coaches often are given a behavioral and ethical blank check by university administrators, alumni and the adoring public if they pile up the wins.

In our case, let's pile up the wins but let's do it with class. Shoving or pummeling assistants and assaulting players is not class!

ARNOLD LEUNES
College Station

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

Jimbo seems to be hitting it off with the faculty.  Here's a lovely piece contributed by Arnold Luenes:

Recent events involving A&M's head football coach and one of his top players has prompted this letter.
As an Aggie (Class of 1960), collegiate athlete, sports psychologist, and 53-year faculty member, I am appalled at the behaviors displayed by Coach Jimbo Fisher, who has a decade-long history of coddling an assortment of sex offenders, felons, miscreants and ne'er-do-wells while at Florida State. Twenty-nine of his players were arrested during his 10-year tenure there. Sports analyst Mike Rosenberg has studied university athlete arrests over a recent five-year period and found that Florida State was number 10 on the list (A&M was third). As he further indicated: "Imagine what FSU's arrest rate would be if Tallahassee police actually arrested football players."

We are five games into Fisher's troubled (and troubling) tenure in which he has been captured on television pushing and shoving assistant coaches and/or other team personnel and inexcusably grabbing a player by the facemask. These missteps have gone viral to tens of thousands of television viewers. It is my fondest hope that these outbursts have not gone unnoticed by the athletic director and the university administration. I am going to assume, perhaps naively, that the powers that be already have acted so that we might not have to endure 10 more years of this boorish, mind-boggling misbehavior.

Perhaps even more ominous in some ways is the prospect of A&M turning once again into a powerhouse reminiscent of the days of Paul "Bear" Bryant, Emory Bellard, Jackie Sherrill and R.C. Slocum. Winning coaches often are given a behavioral and ethical blank check by university administrators, alumni and the adoring public if they pile up the wins.

In our case, let's pile up the wins but let's do it with class. Shoving or pummeling assistants and assaulting players is not class!

ARNOLD LEUNES
College Station

Brace yourself Arnold.  Gomers incoming

3 minutes ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

ARNOLD LEUNES
College Station

Unlike the faux "best hospitality" posts, Arnold checks out...   even received a 2nd cult code ring from his fellow lemmings.

http://www.thebatt.com/news/professor-surprised-by-students-with-aggie-ring-for-th-birthday/article_6a52c880-28ed-11e7-992d-bb6914087d45.html

10 minutes ago, UcancallmeSurly said:

Unlike the faux "best hospitality" posts, Arnold checks out...   even received a 2nd cult code ring from his fellow lemmings.

http://www.thebatt.com/news/professor-surprised-by-students-with-aggie-ring-for-th-birthday/article_6a52c880-28ed-11e7-992d-bb6914087d45.html

Jimbo's National Championship ring that he won at FSU makes him more of an aggy than Arnold right now. 

1 hour ago, CB'sGotMeLit said:

ARNOLD LEUNES
College Station

Arnold is really stupid if he thinks he's going to get much, if any support for this.  Ethics? HAHA  I hope Arnold likes hate mail, hate phone calls, social media harassment, and possibly in person harassment.  That's what he's going to get. 

Edited by RabidM

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

ag board making a list of attrition candidates ::

tandrus ::

ppp38 

giphy.gif

I don’t remember half of these guys, could you remind me which of our recruits they were better than to jog my memory.  IIRC Parker was going to be better than Eagles.

On 10/9/2018 at 5:38 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

But why not write something like this looks to be all Texas for the 3 star, and then throw in some chum about Texas going low on its board and out of state to fill out its class because jimbo took all our top guys?  He’s not pandering, he’s just setting himself up to be wrong. 

Throwing shade at a recruit will come back to bite you. Especially if that recruit, no matter how low his rating is, has an A&M offer and is being pursued by A&M. You don't watch to accidentally badmouth a kid who has a chance, however slight, of ending up in your class.

Remember Hamm with Hezekiah Jones a couple of years ago?

On 10/8/2018 at 10:51 PM, RadiologyHorn said:

I don’t have my head in the sand on these things. aggy has the upper hand right now, first issue is to acknowledge it so you can figure out how to beat them.

our last 8 recruits:

1. Demaryion Houston - OOS WR with no A&M offer
2. Chris Adimora - OOS S with no A&M offer
3. Derrian Brown - OOS RB with no A&M offer 
4. Tyler Owens - in-state S with no A&M offer
5. David Gbenda - in-state LB with an A&M offer but was being slow played at one by both us and aggy, aggy completely stopped recruiting him after they got bluechip LB Christian Harris
6. Marcus Tillman - OOS LB with no A&M offer
7. Marques Caldwell - in-state CB with no A&M offer
8. Javonne Shepherd - well this ones about to get fucked up if today was any indication 

Aggy has like  4 good recruits with bread filling out the rest. Their #1 class is based on numbers, not average recruits. We own them in this area. I would hands down take Herman over Jimbo in recruiting and evaluation. Hean isn't a midget raccoon dick sucking mouth breather. Plus he's better at talent evaluation and coaching. Jimbo squanders talent and does a shit job with o-line talent. I'm not saying Herman is Meyer or Saban, but he sure as fuck is better than Jimbo. Those recruits that don't have offers from Jimbo? They weren't going to aggy, anyway. They're too good. They see aggy the same way we do...as parasites.

3 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

Aggu gets credit for bear Bryant at alabama. 

because he was tired of being a pussy and taking the loss against us when he was at aggy, so he left for bama?

where he continued to be a pussy and take the loss against Texas when bama faced us.

Edited by Lone Star Horn
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 12:21 PM, bizzle said:

a hell of a lot more people can build a company than sustain one. we obviously gave the contract thinking he was capable of both. 

stack talent, develop it. keep a gifted, motivated staff around you (obviously his biggest failure at fsu). 

the rest is a bit of luck. if our heights end up being a top 5 finish where afterwards i stumble into the mansion asking an OU student about her spring course schedule . . . i'll take it. 

Jimbo couldn't keep a gifted and motivated staff at FSU because he's an asshole. He lost a bunch of coaches after his 3rd year and he lost Jeremy Pruitt after one year. He's not very well liked in coaching circles.

6 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

Well that is a simple question.

If Elko leaves, it is because he sucks and is not SEC ready and the team is better off without him and: Jimbo.

I mean, this is an interesting question, sort of. Elko is seen as a high quality assistant. Does he sit and wait at aTm, or does he take a job at a mid tier progarm elsewhere to become the guy? People here wring their hands similarly over Todd Orlando. 

16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, this is an interesting question, sort of. Elko is seen as a high quality assistant. Does he sit and wait at aTm, or does he take a job at a mid tier progarm elsewhere to become the guy? People here wring their hands similarly over Todd Orlando. 

Orlando isn't the type to actively look to leave to a head coaching job I hear, like most coordinators. And I'm aware he interviewed for UH. However, I'd bet Elko isn't similar. 

33 minutes ago, Terry Silver said:

What happens if Jimbo loses Mike Fucking Elko?

He eventually will. Jimbo managed to run off several assistants at FSU because they couldn't stand working for him. After a while he was left with "yes men" who toed the line. I imagine the same will happen at Aggy.

His DC at FSU after Pruitt left was a fucking joke but Jimbo kept him. He had a staff there that was Top 10 in CFB for total compensation. He just distributed those funds poorly.

The lies Jimbo keeps telling about lack of resources and making the FSU Boosters the boogeymen will continue to be believed by Aggy. Nevermind the fact that the booster group at FSU does what the AD tells them to do and are not in the position to tell any coach "no". Jimbo burned all his bridges at Florida State with his childish behavior which, I wager, will also happen in Collie Station.

• Like 1