Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Just to make sure everyone sees it:

14. Texas A&M Aggies

Tennessee ranks second to last in pass-blocking efficiency but it’s Texas A&M who prop up the rankings, having allowed 48 total pressures so far in 2018. That’s 14 more than the next closest team in the conference and tied for seventh most in the nation so far this year. They were better last year, ranking ninth in the conference with a pass blocking efficiency rating of 86.4, so the drop off to a conference-low of 82.9 is definitely something Aggies fans should be concerned about early in the season. The issue right now is that they have two players, guard Keaton Sutherland (13) and tackle Dan Moore Jr. (12), who already allowed double-digit pressures, while Jared Hocker and Carson Green have each allowed eight. When your starting offensive line is allowing an average of 12 total pressures per game through four weeks, it makes life incredibly difficult for your offense.

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

14. Texas A&M Aggies

Tennessee ranks second to last in pass-blocking efficiency but it’s Texas A&M who prop up the rankings, having allowed 48 total pressures so far in 2018. That’s 14 more than the next closest team in the conference and tied for seventh most in the nation so far this year. They were better last year, ranking ninth in the conference with a pass blocking efficiency rating of 86.4, so the drop off to a conference-low of 82.9 is definitely something Aggies fans should be concerned about early in the season. The issue right now is that they have two players, guard Keaton Sutherland (13) and tackle Dan Moore Jr. (12), who already allowed double-digit pressures, while Jared Hocker and Carson Green have each allowed eight. When your starting offensive line is allowing an average of 12 total pressures per game through four weeks, it makes life incredibly difficult for your offense.

This must be the "Jimbo Effect" they've been talking about.  FSU O Line is a grease fire and he's bringing this methodology to aggyville as well.

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks Nakobe Dean will OV to aggy next weekend.

18 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

So he will officially visit college station while they play Arkansas in Dallas? 

He's visiting for Kentucky, not this upcoming weekend.

Edited by Machinator

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Sounds like a mobile quarterback is a must....which explains Mond doing all that running.  

If the refs hadn't let the aggy OL hold Clemson on every play, I'm pretty sure Mond would have left that game on a stretcher. Even with all the holding, he got knocked around quite a bit. I'll give him this: he definitely seems like a tough kid. Too bad he didn't have better judgment when it came to choosing a college. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz so at lunch time they say he's OVing and 8 hours later he's not.

Dean's recruitment is astonishingly dirty even by SEC standards. With Ole Miss in the doghouse and Miss State just getting their shit together with a new coach, there's no in-state attachment, so it's a pure pan-Southern shitshow.

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe Dean asked for more for the visit than aggy was willing to pay for a recruit that isn’t seriously considering them.  Good pub from a big name OV is only worth so much. 

Nah.  I'm pretty sure you could write a great business plan about selling gold Trans-Ams this fall and have no problem raising money for it.  

Does fed-ex deliver cars?  Asking for an aggy friend. 

• Like 1

I'll first say I think the paying of recruits happens but I find it amazing that so many supposed paid 17 year olds don't tell a friend or teacher or someone who then goes on social media and talks about it. These are 17-18 year olds and someone says "you can't say anything about this!" And almost 100% do? Hard to believe. 

5 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I'll first say I think the paying of recruits happens but I find it amazing that so many supposed paid 17 year olds don't tell a friend or teacher or someone who then goes on social media and talks about it. These are 17-18 year olds and someone says "you can't say anything about this!" And almost 100% do? Hard to believe. 

The days of directly paying players went away with SMU’s death penalty except for a few instance since. Not talking about $100 handshakes. Real money. 

KD Cannon went on social media with his money while he was being recruited. There is always one or a few who do something stupid every year and nothing ever happens. 

4-star Texas commit Shepherd still plans to visit A&M

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 

Houston North Forest four-star offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd committed to Texas over the summer but the 6-foot-6, 335-pound lineman has remained relatively open in his recruiting process since.

At one point thought to be a lean to Texas A&M, Shepherd is still in frequent contact with the Aggies. He actually had an official visit tentatively set for the Oct. 6 weekend, but a Saturday game for North Forest has put a wrench in that plan. However, he still plans to make it to Aggieland for an official in the near future.

"I haven't set it up yet, so I'm not quite sure," Shepherd said of his new A&M official visit plans. "I'm still definitely planning on visiting, though. I'm hoping I can do it for a game weekend but I'm not sure which one.

"I would also like to take ones to Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Texas."

Shepherd keeps up with a couple of Aggie coaches in his position coach and that of his Aggie commit teammate, five-star wide receiver Demond Demas.

"I've talked to coach Craig, the receiver coach, and coach Turner," he said. "I've talked to them both recently. They're both real cool. We have good talks about Texas A&M."

Shepherd was recently in Austin to see the Longhorns take on USC and says it went well.

"I didn't make it for the TCU game last weekend," he said, "But I was up there for the USC one. It was really good. It was a big win and that definitely helped them with me."

As for what the Aggies would have to do for him to consider changing his commitment, Shepherd says it will be more of a gut feeling than anything.

"I haven't been to C-Stat in I don't know how long, a few months now," he said. "I haven't been up there in a long time, so I'm looking forward to getting up there again. I'm going to have to see how everything feels when I get up there

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I have to agree.  These kids can't keep their mouths shut about fucking their hot teachers so no way they are keeping quiet about getting tens of thousands of dollars.  I think it is more the trainers/handlers/uncles that are getting paid.

12 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

4-star Texas commit Shepherd still plans to visit A&M

VIP ByBRIAN PERRONI 

Houston North Forest four-star offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd committed to Texas over the summer but the 6-foot-6, 335-pound lineman has remained relatively open in his recruiting process since.

At one point thought to be a lean to Texas A&M, Shepherd is still in frequent contact with the Aggies. He actually had an official visit tentatively set for the Oct. 6 weekend, but a Saturday game for North Forest has put a wrench in that plan. However, he still plans to make it to Aggieland for an official in the near future.

"I haven't set it up yet, so I'm not quite sure," Shepherd said of his new A&M official visit plans. "I'm still definitely planning on visiting, though. I'm hoping I can do it for a game weekend but I'm not sure which one.

"I would also like to take ones to Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Texas."

Shepherd keeps up with a couple of Aggie coaches in his position coach and that of his Aggie commit teammate, five-star wide receiver Demond Demas.

"I've talked to coach Craig, the receiver coach, and coach Turner," he said. "I've talked to them both recently. They're both real cool. We have good talks about Texas A&M."

Shepherd was recently in Austin to see the Longhorns take on USC and says it went well.

"I didn't make it for the TCU game last weekend," he said, "But I was up there for the USC one. It was really good. It was a big win and that definitely helped them with me."

As for what the Aggies would have to do for him to consider changing his commitment, Shepherd says it will be more of a gut feeling than anything.

"I haven't been to C-Stat in I don't know how long, a few months now," he said. "I haven't been up there in a long time, so I'm looking forward to getting up there again. I'm going to have to see how everything feels when I get up there

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I wish we'd pull out of the Sheperd sweepstakes.  Kid is a beating.  He belongs in C-Stat.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

I wish we'd pull out of the Sheperd sweepstakes.  Kid is a beating.  He belongs in C-Stat.  

I am right there with you.

If getting kicked off his HS team wasn't a big enough red flag, I am not sure what is. 

Herman should not be working this hard on a project like him.

34 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

I am right there with you.

If getting kicked off his HS team wasn't a big enough red flag, I am not sure what is. 

Herman should not be working this hard on a project like him.

That won't happen, Jimbo smashed Herman in state recruiting this year herman won't surrender one of his few victories even if it was a pyrrhic one

Edited by Not a Sock

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Looks like that aggy LB commit from Pennsylvania is visiting PSU this weekend.

Had to look and see how it was being covered at gigem  - via Damon ::

LB Andre White Jr. to visit Penn State -- as a solid A&M commit

Entering today, Harrisburg (Pennsylania) High School is 4-1 on the season and winners of four in a row. Andre White Jr. is averaging eight tackles a game and, as Harrisburg's middle linebacker, is showing why Texas A&M was so high on him in the first place. Now committed to the Aggies for exactly five months and a day, White is making sure he's not forgotten by Texas A&M fans despite being thousands of miles away. At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, White's a versatile athlete and a commit at a much-needed position for Jimbo Fisher, linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto and the rest of the staff.

"I've played middle linebacker mostly all of high school," White said. "I feel I can play anywhere, though -- middle or outside."

White is committed, but he's also a die-hard college football fan living in Big Ten Country. So when word got out about him potentially being a visitor for Penn State's White Out game against Ohio State on Saturday, he didn't shy away from the question. Yes, he'll be at Beaver Stadium as part of the expected crowd of 106,000-plus. And yes, he'll be expecting a fun game pitting two national top-10 teams in one of the best college football environments of the year.

"Pretty simply, I wanted to catch the football game," he said. "It's so loud. If someone is next to you, you won't be able to hear them."

The good news for Aggies fans is, when it comes to him being at the game, there won't anything to worry about.

"I'm an Aggie," he said.

As an early enrollee, White said he's looking forward to putting on the maroon and white and playing SEC football. He's kept close tabs on the program and the 4-2-5 scheme under defensive coordinator Mike Elko.

White is hoping to have a season similar to his junior year. He finished last season with 87 tackles (10 for loss), three sacks, four forced fumbles, an interception and a fumble recovery. This year, through five games, he has 40 tackles, including five for loss. A 3-star prospect, White has watched what Texas A&M's linebackers have done this year, and he's expecting to be a key addition to Peveto's group next season. Watching the Aggies compete against the nation's two top-ranked teams in Alabama and Clemson has given him reason to believe that he made the right choice in colleges -- rather than choosing any of the other offers he had, including in-state schools Penn State and Pittsburgh.

"I definitely like their drive and will to keep playing," White said of the Aggie defense. "They've played some tough teams, but I love the way they're playing. I just can't wait to play there."

Well, I'm convinced. 

aggie t bird ::

Its the whiteout game vs Ohio State. Electric atmosphere.

Need to convince Andre to use his official for LSU later this year.

Good idea. Please let this happen. 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Had to look and see how it was being covered at gigem  - via Damon ::

LB Andre White Jr. to visit Penn State -- as a solid A&M commit

Reveal hidden contents

Entering today, Harrisburg (Pennsylania) High School is 4-1 on the season and winners of four in a row. Andre White Jr. is averaging eight tackles a game and, as Harrisburg's middle linebacker, is showing why Texas A&M was so high on him in the first place. Now committed to the Aggies for exactly five months and a day, White is making sure he's not forgotten by Texas A&M fans despite being thousands of miles away. At 6-foot-3 and 224 pounds, White's a versatile athlete and a commit at a much-needed position for Jimbo Fisher, linebackers coach Bradley Dale Peveto and the rest of the staff.

"I've played middle linebacker mostly all of high school," White said. "I feel I can play anywhere, though -- middle or outside."

White is committed, but he's also a die-hard college football fan living in Big Ten Country. So when word got out about him potentially being a visitor for Penn State's White Out game against Ohio State on Saturday, he didn't shy away from the question. Yes, he'll be at Beaver Stadium as part of the expected crowd of 106,000-plus. And yes, he'll be expecting a fun game pitting two national top-10 teams in one of the best college football environments of the year.

"Pretty simply, I wanted to catch the football game," he said. "It's so loud. If someone is next to you, you won't be able to hear them."

The good news for Aggies fans is, when it comes to him being at the game, there won't anything to worry about.

"I'm an Aggie," he said.

As an early enrollee, White said he's looking forward to putting on the maroon and white and playing SEC football. He's kept close tabs on the program and the 4-2-5 scheme under defensive coordinator Mike Elko.

White is hoping to have a season similar to his junior year. He finished last season with 87 tackles (10 for loss), three sacks, four forced fumbles, an interception and a fumble recovery. This year, through five games, he has 40 tackles, including five for loss. A 3-star prospect, White has watched what Texas A&M's linebackers have done this year, and he's expecting to be a key addition to Peveto's group next season. Watching the Aggies compete against the nation's two top-ranked teams in Alabama and Clemson has given him reason to believe that he made the right choice in colleges -- rather than choosing any of the other offers he had, including in-state schools Penn State and Pittsburgh.

"I definitely like their drive and will to keep playing," White said of the Aggie defense. "They've played some tough teams, but I love the way they're playing. I just can't wait to play there."

Well, I'm convinced. 

aggie t bird ::

Good idea. Please let this happen. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Remind me again how this works.

Player (or family or associate) accepts benefit from someone associated with Team A.  Player then goes on to sign with Team B.

In this scenario I am certain that both the Player and Team A can be penalized.  But does Team B also have liability?

Just now, Yesh said:

Remind me again how this works.

Player (or family or associate) accepts benefit from someone associated with Team A.  Player then goes on to sign with Team B.

In this scenario I am certain that both the Player and Team A can be penalized.  But does Team B also have liability?

In this scenario, the likelihood that team B didn’t also pay is approaching null.  Kids, family, or trainers on the take don’t turn down payment from school A to accept nothing from school B. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In this scenario, the likelihood that team B didn’t also pay is approaching null.  Kids, family, or trainers on the take don’t turn down payment from school A to accept nothing from school B. 

Of course.  But the question is, if a team is recruiting a player cleanly, and they find out or suspect he is being recruited dirty by another team, can they still recruit him cleanly with no worries or do they have to back away?