Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

17 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Because deep down, Dabo is a sympathetic soul.

He does have some of the whole "don't embarrass people" thing that was one of the many Mack Brown attributes I disliked - if you have a chance to hang 70 on Okie or aggy, you take it. HOWEVER, under the "gee whiz, I'm just good old-southern boy who shared a bed with my mom" facade Dabo presents, he's one of the absolute dirtiest recruiters out there. Seems like all of the coaches who played under BUHR BRAHENT lack a scruple or fifty.

Hopefully, Dabo makes an exception to his usual blowout protocol for aggy and grinds them back into the shit they came from.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:24 PM, campcrunk said:

He does have some of the whole "don't embarrass people" thing that was one of the many Mack Brown attributes I disliked - if you have a chance to hang 70 on Okie or aggy, you take it. HOWEVER, under the "gee whiz, I'm just good old-southern boy who shared a bed with my mom" facade Dabo presents, he's one of the absolute dirtiest recruiters out there. Seems like all of the coaches who played under BUHR BRAHENT lack a scruple or fifty.

Hopefully, Dabo makes an exception to his usual blowout protocol for aggy and grinds them back into the shit they came from.

How old do you think Dabo is? He was 13 when Bryant retired. He doesn't turn 50 until next year.

Spoiler

Liucci

6:19p

Staff

AG

Nothing about Clemson's two quarterbacks this week? Weird. I'll jump back on the answer thread a time or three as the week goes on to check back. Normally, I'll be opening the 'Ask Liucci' segment on Sunday nights after all the college games so those should be a little more interesting in terms of the college football weekend. Anyway, here you go - this week's Top 25 (in no particular order) plus a few others receiving votes! Enjoy.

Quote:

Odds to beat Clemson?

Well, I just saw where ESPN's metric (whatever the heck they use) gave A&M a 31% chance to win. I don't think that's too off the mark, but I think the home crowd and familiarity Jimbo Fisher, the majority of the Ags' offensive staff and Mike Elko have with Dabo Swinney's Tigers make me feel like the Ags might have a slightly better chance than that. More than just a puncher's chance, in my opinion. I honestly think the Aggies will give Clemson one hell of a fight with the entire nation watching. The key will be hanging in early and avoiding the game-changing mistakes like turnovers and allowing home run plays on defense (the kind we've grown accustomed to seeing over the past five seasons). Remember, Clemson has played a LOT of very competitive games during their incredible three-year run. They have not dominated the opposition like Bama has and they're not invincible.

Quote:

Where did the idea of playing FCS schools come from and do you think there will ever come a day when FBS schools only play FBS schools and give us a true 12-week schedule? What's the downside besides FCS schools not getting their big paychecks?

No idea where it came from. No idea as to whether or not they'll eliminate playing FCS schools, but I suppose it could happen. No idea of the downside but I don't really mind it versus playing the weakest of the weak FBS programs anyway. I'd love to see teams play better FBS programs without overextending themselves, but I think most schedule-makers and athletic directors would be worried because they're scheduling these games so far in advance. If they were scheduled closer to the actual game, the power programs could more carefully craft their schedules to include lesser FBS programs (but nothing too dangerous outside of their desired 'premier' matchups). For example, what if A&M could play Clemson, Fresno State, SMU and someone like New Mexico this year? It's still a 3-1 or 4-0 schedule but it's at least a little more interesting - and no FCS teams. It's a lot tougher than you might think, as I've talked to the folks at A&M who put these things together. I think the biggest issue has to do with the surprising difficulty when it comes to two premier schools coming together and making it work and how far in advance you're having to set these things up. Not sure how to even begin to change it at this point.

Quote:

What will your game day sign say?

"Texas is back!" Maybe some type of moveable sign with Tom Herman swinging a sledgehammer? Can one of you Aggie engineers make that one???

Quote:

How much did we hide from Clemson, if anything? Or should we expect to see quite a few wrinkles next week?

Oh, I'm pretty sure the Aggies held a lot back in terms of what they showed in a game they knew they'd roll in. If anything, they probably showed a few things just to force Clemson to put in extra work this week in terms of preparation that they won't use on Saturday night. And please please please don't ask the question next week of "I thought we'd see new wrinkles but we didn't." because I'm 100% positive there will be plenty of things shown and run against Clemson that Fisher and Co. didn't do this week, regardless of the outcome of the game or whether or not it's obvious to the media or fan base.

Quote:

What happens recruiting wise if we win this game?

I think you know the answer to this one. Complete and total recruiting windfall the likes of which none of us have seen since I started covering this 20 years ago. Combine a home win - or even a tremendous effort and a four-quarter battle - with Texas falling to Maryland the way they did on Saturday and Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies will gain absolute control of Lone Star State from '19-'21. The Ags will also take a big step towards closing out the likes of David Ugwoegbu, Jalen Wydermyer and probably Marcus Stripling as well. I'd expect a commit or two from the 2020 ranks not too long after such a win, as well. Where we could see the biggest ripple effect is nationally. Fisher and his staff already have the attention of prospects from coast to coast but a win over one of the game's three best programs, No. 2 team and a recent national champ would be a big-time needle-mover outside of Texas and would REALLY open things up for the A&M program in 2020 and beyond. Win this game, or even take it down to the wire, and watch what happens.

Quote:

I assume the team enters into their typical game week Sunday. What are they doing today and tomorrow? Wondering how they are seeking to take advantage of the extra time.

Not sure what they did over the weekend but I'll ask and find out. They squeezed in an extra day on Saturday, I believe. Where the overtime REALLY comes into play is with Jimbo and the coaching staff. I can also assure you that the Aggies probably devoted at least two or three practices to prepare for this early-season game during the second half of fall camp, whether the A&M players realized it or not.

Quote:

Our defense had no sacks against NSU. Is this something the defensive staff is concerned with or was it more of a product of our new defensive scheme and NSU's gameplan?

It's a combination of three things in my opinion. NSU wasn't about to let a season-opener against an SEC foe end their season with a quarterback or two taking a physical beating. Elko wasn't going to show anything overly exotic unless it was to deliberately give Clemson and Bama something to see on tape and probably really wanted to give the four-man and 'non-blitz' pass rush some needed work. Third, I do think the Ags still have some real questions when it comes to how much pressure they're going to be able to put on the quarterback this fall without blitzing. There's a chance it will be better than expected. Getting Michael Clemons back and Bobby Brown's continued development will really help but it's certainly a question heading into Saturday night's showdown against a Clemson team featuring a pretty good ACC o-line.

Quote:

Noticed our CB's weren't turning to find the ball. Do you know if that technique is being coached?

No, that's not the technique being coached per what I watched in fall camp. They want them to turn and find the ball. I saw the guys do that a few times and not do it others. Thought the secondary played really well, actually. Renfro and Carper both flashed at times and Donovan Wilson caught my attention in limited action.

Quote:

Why wasn't Trevor Wood given any opportunities to catch the ball?

For starters, he was fighting through an injury towards the end of fall camp and returned game week. I fully expect we'll see him get some looks against Clemson. He's a tough weapon to stop in this offense and the Aggies are going to pull out all the stops on Saturday night. I could see the big man hauling in 2-4 passes and maybe even snagging a short TD pass. He's such a big target inside the red zone at 6-6, 260.

Quote:

How does the OL keep our QB (Mond or Starkel) from getting pummeled on Saturday?

That's the question every offensive line that Clemson faces want to find the answer to heading into a game against the Tiger defensive line. Obviously, it starts with the five guys up front playing like the future NFL offensive linemen that more than one trusted insider believes they are. Second, the tight end and fullback help has to be equally as strong and the tailback must make the right read in protection and not allow free rushers like they did a time or two in the opener. Finally, the play-calling from Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey will go a long way towards protecting Kellen Mond and keeping him upright. The Tigers got to Stidham ELEVEN times last year, which had as much to do with terrible play-calling by Gus Malzahn as it did porous blocking.

Quote:

Will Corbin and Jackson be lightning and thunder for the next couple year?

Tough to say. I can promise you they are both good enough to become that type of duo and they've both been extremely impressive throughout fall camp and during the second half of the opener. Corbin has a chance to be special. The competition will be stiff with other freshmen Cordarrian Richardson (a powerful, powerful dude) and Isaiah Spiller on the way.

Quote:

25 years ago the movie "Rudy" was released.....was Rudy offsides?!?!?

Dalton picked these. This is more of an 'others receiving votes' question. Yes, I do think he was offsides. I also wouldn't have minded seeing him pancaked - but that's just me.

Quote:

Any idea how much of the offense has been installed so far?

No clue. Come on Dalton, these are way too subjective (is me shaming Dalton for bad question selections already becoming a thing???). See above for my thoughts on how much of the offense they showed in game one.

Quote:

Why are starters on special teams, especially the positions the team has very little depth?

I think you may have answered your own question. The team doesn't have a ton of depth. Do you want to entrust your kick and punt coverage and return games to a bunch of guys playing in their second college game next week versus Clemson? That said, I definitely think Braden Mann is being instructed to kick the freaking ball deep into the end zone whenever the Ags kickoff on Saturday night (and with the new rules, moving forward). Best way to avoid targeting opportunities is, in my opinion, just don't let the other team return kickoffs.

Quote:

Why hasn't Kibodi had more opportunities to see the field? Albeit a small sample size, he has great numbers (14 career carries for 147 yards - 10.5 YPC).

Well, one of those was a long TD run against a really bad team (ULL maybe...I don't remember). Jacob is still in the mix and I agree with you in that I like the way he runs. However, Corbin and Jackson both had very good camps and Etwi has flashed as much big-play ability as any of the backs not named Trayveon Williams on the roster. A very competitive situation in Jay Graham's backfield right now.

Quote:

Does A&M compliance conduct exit interviews with transferring or departing student athletes? This is similar to an employee quitting and determining the reason and any issues. Does A&M require athletes to sign a compliance agreement? In other words, to ensure reporting of any compliance issues.

I'm actually pretty sure this is something that regularly happens, but I'm not positive. If it doesn't, I'm sure the NCAA checks with transfers when something like what happened a couple of weeks ago pops up. The guys who left all seemed to do so on very good terms, with the most high-profile exits being grad transfers simply in search of increased chances of playing time. 

Quote:

500+ yards rushing the ball is pretty damn impressive, regardless of opponent. How much does that register with a recruit like Zach Evans, especially AFTER the sips' running game crapped the bed against Maryland this weekend?

I'm sure Zach took notice, as did running backs around the state being targeted by the Aggies. And A&M has made some nice strides in that particular, all-important recruitment of late. But the bigger impact will come if the Ags run the ball well against Clemson with Evans and everyone else in attendance, watching on TV or paying very close attention to the outcome (and also if the Aggie offense simply runs the ball with success all season and Williams ranks among the SEC rushing leaders). That combined with Fisher and Jay Graham's track record at FSU would send a pretty strong message to the five-star runner and whoever else they're targeting. As for the Longhorn ground game, well, that is an absolute mess right now and the Horns dropping about five or six games this year would prove particularly problematic in their recruitment of any player of Evans' caliber and profile. The competition is simply too stiff to be a serious player without any program momentum or without something tangible to sell.

Quote:

How many stalled drives do you think it would take next week before Jimbo would pull Mond against Clemson? Is it a drive count or a point differential between us and the tigers that would trigger a move do you think?

Hard to say because that would depend a lot on what was happening when Clemson had the ball. I definitely don't think it would be a drive count of any kind and I think Coach Fisher is committed to giving Kellen a real shot at leading this offense and developing as the starter. I don't think he'd have a quick trigger unless there were a ton of mental mistakes or lack of ball security. How about we wonder what would happen if Kellen led the Ags to scores on each of the team's first three possessions?

Quote:

Top three things the team needs to clean up to have a chance against Clemson?

Blitz protection, become more of a threat to connect on deep passes down the field and cleaner tackling on special teams. That just what needs to be cleaned up from the first game. As far as three keys to victory, I'd say it's someone on the outside making a couple of field-position plays in the passing game, getting early and quick stops on defense in order to give the running game a chance to wear down the unbelievably talented Clemson defensive line as the game wears on deep into the night, and finally, Kellen Mond has to find the balance between not taking unnecessary chances with the ball while also serving as a playmaker. Another key would be the Aggies not letting Tiger tailback Travis Etienne get things rolling on the ground.

Quote:

What was the biggest change you saw in the preparation and game day last night vs prior coaches. Don't want to trash, more curious what you saw as a big difference maker, realizing it was one game.

I just think the biggest difference was the down-to-down discipline and the way the guys looked while they were out there (really focused and ready to play). From the very top (Jimbo) all the way down, we saw a team that looked as if it had a clear-cut plan of attack that they believed in and were in no way going to deviate from. They really did look like a team that was playing against themselves and not an actual opponent. Just out there trying to be perfect in all phases of the game and taking a great deal of pride in that.

Quote:

I've watched many opening games. Some with almost as much excitement as last night. But I've never seen an Aggie opener with as few mistakes (mental and otherwise)! I think Aggieland finally has a football coach that gets it! Your thoughts, please?

I've been saying as much since the day Jimbo Fisher was hired and have been thinking about it from the first time I heard he was a legitimate possibility. He gets it as much as any coach in the game. Yes, even as much as Nick Saban does. I'm convinced he'll be the first Saban assistant to knock off his mentor and think it will happen next fall at Kyle Field. You're right, too, that was a very 'clean' opener, but I do think you might be forgetting about the trip to South Carolina four years ago. You know, the Kenny Trill/"We're not a one-trick pony" game? Turned out to be Fool's Gold but that was as impressive as it gets. I agree though, it was really impressive to see how well the guys executed. If they can play with the same type of focus in the face of a great opponent and charged atmosphere on Saturday night...

Quote:

Do you think the NCAA would ever modify the targeting rule so players aren't ejected post penalty? It's hard to argue with the merits of the penalty, but an ejection for a football play seems wrong.

I just don't know if they'll change it to something more sensible for fear of that seeming as if they were softening their stance on such a sensitive issue. I'm all for player safety and think serious measures need to be taken but I think the simple solution is to eject the player on his second such infraction or do it on the first one if it's deemed 'flagrant.' Those are much easier to identify than these officials are making it seem. Or what about a point system? Fifteen yard penalty and an ejection on your second targeting call? Have them carry over game-to-game and, as is the case with speeding tickets or something, have them 'fall off your record' if you go a certain number of games without being flagged.

Quote:

What is Paul Finebaum like off air & what do you think he truly thinks about A&M?

I think Paul is 100% genuine when he says he believes Texas A&M has a chance to be a true SEC powerhouse. He respects the effort he's seen from the power-brokers and decision-makers in Aggieland and think he's a fan of both Scott Woodward and Jimbo Fisher. Off the air? Paul's a really nice guy with a great, quirky sense of humor. I appreciate him a lot and we now go back almost seven years, which is hard to believe. He won't always say things Aggies - or any fan base - will agree with but he's not scared to take a stand and is great for the Southeastern Conference.

Quote:

Didn't see Q. Davis on the stat line. Is he okay (not injured)? Don't remember him after the PI call.

I don't think he's injured or anything like that. I think the Aggies really need a contribution from Quartney this week, which is why I'm putting him on my 'Players to Watch' list despite the fact that he's still in search of his first collegiate reception. That's a lot to put on a guy against a defense like Clemson and in front of 100,000 fans and a national TV audience. He's got legitimate big-play potential on the outside and the Aggies are going to need it. I sat around and watching receivers from all over the country make countless circus catches and really sat back and thought about the fact that the entire A&M receiving corps has a total of about two or three such grabs between them. There's some talent there but not much at all in the way of proving it on the field. Quartney is a great example of this but I believe he's got a chance to change that beginning Saturday night.

Quote:

Your opinion of how Vernon Jackson looked last night?

I thought Vernon Jackson looked very good. He's quicker than I thought from what I saw from him at Boling and every bit as powerful as I expected. A little more fast-twitch explosion and runs behind his pads. Vision and patience surprised me, as well. I've always felt he would ultimately be a fullback/halfback type or maybe make an even better outside linebacker, but I'm now thinking he's going to end up like Sewo Olonilua at TCU (who I thought was a sure-fire linebacker when he was coming out of Kingwood).

Others Receiving Votes:

Quote:

If you were to build a menu based on the mascot of each of our opponents, and you couldn't repeat the same dish or seasoning twice, what would your menu look like?

GREAT question but let me be the first to say I'm a great eater, but not as much of a chef as I'd like to be. Maybe we can ask Roy May at Good Bull BBQ, my boy Shane Stiles from The Switch in Austin or Wade over at The Republic for some better answers next week.

• Arkansas? Just your traditional smoked pig on a spit.
  • Florida? I actually looked this one up and liked the sound of 'Cajun grilled alligator.'
  • Bama? Who on earth would eat an elephant? Probably the same type of guy who would shoot a giraffe. Surprised McKinney hasn't done that yet.
  • Ole Miss? Shark soup (such a pitiful mascot, isn't it?)
  • South Carolina? Fried chicken, duh!
  • Mississippi State/Georgia/Tennessee? They're dogs, man. What in the hell am I supposed to do with this?
  • Auburn? Pretty sure eating an eagle would get you arrested and I've heard they don't taste good. How about some salmon that we train the War Eagle to catch in an Alaska river?
  • Vanderbilt? He's a sailor, right? Anchor down. Some type of oyster or crab dish.
  • Kentucky? We'll let the people of Kentucky tell me how to cook up wildcat.
  • LSU/Missouri? It's a Tiger dude. A tiger. Those things are freaking majestic man! You know what, the more I think about this question, the less impressed I am by it. I'm out.

...wait on second thought, corn dogs man! Corn dogs!!!

Quote:

When are we going to Cabo?

Who is this? Need to make sure you're fully vetted before I answer this one. I've gone to Mexico with the wrong friends before and it didn't end well.

Quote:

Where is the after party following our win over #2 Clemson?

We'll start at Chimy's and go from there. Honestly, I could not even imagine the celebration that would ensue. A&M hasn't won a home game as big as that since probably 1998 or 2002, but even both of those were day games and the '02 takedown was such an upset that there wasn't a ton of buildup and hype. Still, that was an epic night at the Tap if memory serves. I think Brian Gamble could probably do a better job than me of telling you guys about. Something about him, Geoff Hangartner and my cousin headbutting each other at the bar.

Quote:

Are you getting your ring wrapped?

I'm good fam, thanks. But I really do love the look for girls, I swear!

Quote:

Better beer joint...The Dixie Chicken or Bob's Country Bunker (we have both kinds of music, Country & Western) from the Blues Brothers?

Dixie damned Chicken! For one, I support the Ganters always and forever. Second, the place keeps a live rattlesnake. Third, Von Miller served burgers there a year ago and it was glorious. Fourth, TexAgs parties. Fifth? First college bar I ever went to. Enough said.

On 9/5/2018 at 8:26 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

I like how jimbo and elko are familiar with dabo/Clemson so that will help them, but they held back things last week because apparently dabo is still unfamiliar with jimbos offense and elkos defense. 

Fucking retards.

current list for the Aggy-Clemson game via 247 ::

CONFIRMED OFFICIAL VISITORS 
ATH Christian Harris, Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab (A&M commit) 
QB Zach Calzada, Buford (Ga.) Lanier (A&M commit) 
LB RJ Orebo, Dayton (A&M commit) 
DE Khris Bogle, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons 
LB Kuony Deng, Independence (Kan.) CC 
CB Elijah Blades, Arizona Western CC (Oregon commit)

CONFIRMED UNOFFICIAL VISITORS (COMMITTED) 
WR Kam Brown, Colleyville Heritage 
WR Chase Lane, Houston St. Pius X 
S Demani Richardson, Waxahachie 
CB Erick Young, Fort Bend Bush 
CB Jeffery Carter, Mansfield Legacy 
DT Josh Ellison, A&M Consolidated 
TE Baylor Cupp, Brock 
CB Bobby Wolfe, Houston Madison 
OT Blake Trainor, Hallsville 
K Caden Davis, Coppell 
2020 OL Josh Bankhead, The Woodlands College Park 
2020 OL Smart Chibuzo, Fort Bend Hightower 
2020 OL Jordan Jefferson, Navasota 
2020 OL Akinola Ogunbiyi, Fort Bend Kempner

CONFIRMED UNOFFICIAL VISITORS (UNCOMMITTED) 
DE Marcus Stripling, Katy Mayde Creek 
APB Chux Nwabuko, Hutto 
2020 QB Malik Hornsby, Fort Bend Marshall 
2020 S Chris Thompson Jr., Duncanville 
2020 OL Damieon George, North Shore 
2020 WR Demond Demas, North Forest 
2020 WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin 
2020 CB Dwight McGlothern Jr., Cedar Hill Trinity Christian 
2020 S Darius Snow, Hebron 
2020 CB Jaylon Jones, Cibolo Steele 
2020 CB Jalen Kimber, Mansfield Timberview 
2020 OL Kendal Septs, Fort Bend Austin 
2020 S Bryson Washington, Houston C.E. King 
2020 DE James Sylvester, Newton 
2020 WR Devin Price, A&M Consolidated 
2020 OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek 
2020 OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves 
2020 WR Marvin Mims, Frisco Lone Star 
2020 DE Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek 
2020 RB/LB Herbert Gums, Diboll 
2020 DE Alec Bryant, Manvel Shadow Creek 
2020 OT Courtland Ford, Cedar Hill 
2020 OT Chris Morris, Memphis Freedom Prep 
2020 RB EJ Smith, Dallas Jesuit 
2021 LB Kendrick Blackshire, Mesquite Horn 
2021 DE Landyn Watson, Hutto 
2021 ATH Shadrach Banks, North Shore 
2021 DE Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins 
2021 WR/CB KJ Liggins, Coppell 
2021 WR John Paul Richardson, Fort Bend Ridge Point 
2021 WR Latrell Neville, Fort Bend Willowridge 
2021 QB Preston Stone, Dallas Parish Episcopal 
2021 OT Donovan Jackson, Houston Episcopal 
2021 OT Cullen Montgomery, Houston Episcopal 
2022 QB Tevin Carter, Memphis Freedom Prep

MAYBE LIST 
TE Jalen Wydermyer, Dickinson 
2020 RB Zachary Evans, North Shore 
2020 DT McKinnley Jackson, Luceale (Miss.) George County 
2020 CB RJ Mickens, Southlake Carroll 
2020 DT Jaquelin Roy, Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab 
2020 DT Branard Wright, Dallas Carter 
2020 ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson, Duncanville 
2020 DE Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge

NOTABLE OUTS 
OT Kenyon Green, Atascocita - has a football game 
S Brian Williams, Dallas Bishop Dunne - has a football game 
DT DeMarvin Leal, Converse Judson - has a football game 
DE Braedon Mowry, Katy Taylor - has a football game 
RB Isaiah Spiller, Klein Collins - has a football game 
LB Andre White Jr., Harrisburg (Pa.) - has a football game 
RB Deondrick Glass, Katy - has a football game 
LB Nakobe Dean, Horn Lake (Miss.) - has a football game 
ATH Ainias Smith, Fort Bend Dulles - has a football game 
WR Kenyon Jackson, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson 
DE David Ugwoegbu, Katy Seven Lakes 
ATH Mark-Antony Richards, West Palm Beach (Fla.) Wellington 
2020 RB Seth McGowan, Mesquite Poteet 
2021 DE Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove

On 9/5/2018 at 6:26 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

I like how jimbo and elko are familiar with dabo/Clemson so that will help them, but they held back things last week because apparently dabo is still unfamiliar with jimbos offense and elkos defense. 

This has been funny to watch. Yeah Elko and Jimbo are familiar with Clemson, but they are doing something completely different now, so Clemson is in the dark. 

And Bama gets brought up a lot as a common opponent, because aggy played them close, but nobody remembers Wake Forest or South Carolina, except for one guy who says... 

South Carolina had some success attacking the middle of the field last year and I think that the Clemson linebackers will not be able to cover Sternberger. I think we will have some success running the ball off tackle.

South Carolina's first round TE pick had 3 catches for 28 yards, and their QB had 126 yards passing, so I guess I would be pretty happy with that level of success from aggy "attacking the middle of the field" tomorrow. 

On 9/6/2018 at 4:04 PM, golfclap said:

current list for the Aggy-Clemson game via 247 ::

Hide contents

CONFIRMED OFFICIAL VISITORS 
ATH Christian Harris, Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab (A&M commit) 
QB Zach Calzada, Buford (Ga.) Lanier (A&M commit) 
LB RJ Orebo, Dayton (A&M commit) 
DE Khris Bogle, Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) Cardinal Gibbons 
LB Kuony Deng, Independence (Kan.) CC 
CB Elijah Blades, Arizona Western CC (Oregon commit)

CONFIRMED UNOFFICIAL VISITORS (COMMITTED) 
WR Kam Brown, Colleyville Heritage 
WR Chase Lane, Houston St. Pius X 
S Demani Richardson, Waxahachie 
CB Erick Young, Fort Bend Bush 
CB Jeffery Carter, Mansfield Legacy 
DT Josh Ellison, A&M Consolidated 
TE Baylor Cupp, Brock 
CB Bobby Wolfe, Houston Madison 
OT Blake Trainor, Hallsville 
K Caden Davis, Coppell 
2020 OL Josh Bankhead, The Woodlands College Park 
2020 OL Smart Chibuzo, Fort Bend Hightower 
2020 OL Jordan Jefferson, Navasota 
2020 OL Akinola Ogunbiyi, Fort Bend Kempner

CONFIRMED UNOFFICIAL VISITORS (UNCOMMITTED) 
DE Marcus Stripling, Katy Mayde Creek 
APB Chux Nwabuko, Hutto 
2020 QB Malik Hornsby, Fort Bend Marshall 
2020 S Chris Thompson Jr., Duncanville 
2020 OL Damieon George, North Shore 
2020 WR Demond Demas, North Forest 
2020 WR Troy Omeire, Fort Bend Austin 
2020 CB Dwight McGlothern Jr., Cedar Hill Trinity Christian 
2020 S Darius Snow, Hebron 
2020 CB Jaylon Jones, Cibolo Steele 
2020 CB Jalen Kimber, Mansfield Timberview 
2020 OL Kendal Septs, Fort Bend Austin 
2020 S Bryson Washington, Houston C.E. King 
2020 DE James Sylvester, Newton 
2020 WR Devin Price, A&M Consolidated 
2020 OL Chad Lindberg, Clear Creek 
2020 OL Jaylen Garth, Port Neches-Groves 
2020 WR Marvin Mims, Frisco Lone Star 
2020 DE Alfred Collins, Bastrop Cedar Creek 
2020 RB/LB Herbert Gums, Diboll 
2020 DE Alec Bryant, Manvel Shadow Creek 
2020 OT Courtland Ford, Cedar Hill 
2020 OT Chris Morris, Memphis Freedom Prep 
2020 RB EJ Smith, Dallas Jesuit 
2021 LB Kendrick Blackshire, Mesquite Horn 
2021 DE Landyn Watson, Hutto 
2021 ATH Shadrach Banks, North Shore 
2021 DE Tunmise Adeleye, Katy Tompkins 
2021 WR/CB KJ Liggins, Coppell 
2021 WR John Paul Richardson, Fort Bend Ridge Point 
2021 WR Latrell Neville, Fort Bend Willowridge 
2021 QB Preston Stone, Dallas Parish Episcopal 
2021 OT Donovan Jackson, Houston Episcopal 
2021 OT Cullen Montgomery, Houston Episcopal 
2022 QB Tevin Carter, Memphis Freedom Prep

MAYBE LIST 
TE Jalen Wydermyer, Dickinson 
2020 RB Zachary Evans, North Shore 
2020 DT McKinnley Jackson, Luceale (Miss.) George County 
2020 CB RJ Mickens, Southlake Carroll 
2020 DT Jaquelin Roy, Baton Rouge (La.) University Lab 
2020 DT Branard Wright, Dallas Carter 
2020 ATH Ja'Quinden Jackson, Duncanville 
2020 DE Vernon Broughton, Cy Ridge

NOTABLE OUTS 
OT Kenyon Green, Atascocita - has a football game 
S Brian Williams, Dallas Bishop Dunne - has a football game 
DT DeMarvin Leal, Converse Judson - has a football game 
DE Braedon Mowry, Katy Taylor - has a football game 
RB Isaiah Spiller, Klein Collins - has a football game 
LB Andre White Jr., Harrisburg (Pa.) - has a football game 
RB Deondrick Glass, Katy - has a football game 
LB Nakobe Dean, Horn Lake (Miss.) - has a football game 
ATH Ainias Smith, Fort Bend Dulles - has a football game 
WR Kenyon Jackson, Loganville (Ga.) Grayson 
DE David Ugwoegbu, Katy Seven Lakes 
ATH Mark-Antony Richards, West Palm Beach (Fla.) Wellington 
2020 RB Seth McGowan, Mesquite Poteet 
2021 DE Landon Jackson, Texarkana Pleasant Grove

That's some recruit list for Clemson for an away game.  

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

Sickening to watch A&M tonight. We've been searching for a decent QB for 9 years, while Mond's killing it against Clemson and Brett Venables in Jimbo's first fucking year.

Mond has some wheels to keep a defense honest. We have two athletically limited bleh qbs. Roschon can't get to campus soon enough. 

Steve Wiltfing: Environment for Clemson game a win for A&M on recruiting trail

Texas A&M lost a 28-26 heartbreaker to No. 2 Clemson on the field, but they continue to win on the recruiting trail as the environment inside Kyle Field resonated with the prospects in attendance. Prospects in attendance watched the Aggies go toe to toe with a Tigers program that’s made the College Football Playoff the last three seasons, a team that boasts one of the most talented rosters in the country.

Jimbo Fisher and his staff are currently sitting on the nation’s No. 3 recruiting class per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite and many of them were back on campus. Fisher and company hosted a few more 2019s they’d like to add to the fold as well including tight end Jalen Wydermyer.

Most of the state’s best 2020s were inside Kyle Field. The big news was five-star receiver Demond Demas committing to the Aggies. He is verbal No. 5 in the junior class, one that now ranks No. 5 nationally per 247Sports. He'll have several more future teammates from the crop sitting near him in the stands when it's all said and done. Two more five-stars the Aggies are in fantastic position for include the top quarterback in the state Malik Hornsby and the top cornerback Dwight McGlothern.

"I like the way Coach Fisher and the Aggies played, they reminded me of my high school," the nation's No. 1 defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson out of Lucedale (Miss.) George County High said. "They can get in certain situations and maintain the ground and respond well. I love the fans there, they’re passionate about the Aggies and I’ll love to have a crowd like that at the next level."

"Kyle Field was fascinating," the nation's No. 1 safety Chris Thompson Jr. said. "I was able to experience the game-like atmosphere & the feeling. Under Coach Fisher, A&M showed me that college football in Texas is still alive; that I can go backyard & play, instead of going far from home. They have my interest for sure." "It was definitely one of a kind," the nation's No. 4 safety Darius Snow said. "Even with the loss, I feel that practically the whole city of College Station can sense a bright future."

"There was good hospitality for the amount of people there and it was good to see a full house to the very end of a great game," the nation's No. 8 offensive tackle Chad Lindberg said. "It exposed recruits to the potential of the 12th man. We got good seats around the 50 real close to the game. Coach Fisher made sure he said hi to every recruit there as well as everyone seeing their area recruiter and some seeing their position coach. We got a small tour of facilities but it was nothing I haven’t already seen on my previous visit."

"Amazing," Memphis (Tenn.) Freedom Prep Top247 2020 offensive tackle Chris Morris said. "That’s was by far the best experience. The staff really wants me. They feel like I’m the type of player that they can build around. I really enjoy my time with Coach (Jim) Turner also." "The environment was crazy," Top247 2020 offensive lineman Jaylen Garth said. "Every time Clemson got the ball Kyle Field got so loud it was an unbelievable atmosphere! I feel like A&M really played good against probably the number one team in America and went through a lot of adversity during the game. It was really a fun experience."

“It was an unbelievable atmosphere,” Arlington (Texas) Mansfield Timberview 2020 cornerback Jalen Kimber said. “104,000 is just crazy, I've never seen anything like it, and it definitely gets you fired up. Under Coach Fisher A&M has a bright future. You can tell this is a different team. From the coaches down to the players everyone is on the same page and committed to building something special. The game was nuts.”

The 2021 group was strong as well. “From the time I first got in the stadium I knew that this wasn’t the same Texas A&M team that I’ve known,” Bellaire (Texas) Episcopal Top247 2021 offensive tackle Donovan Jackson said. “The environment in Kyle Field was electric. I usually keep to myself at most games, but this one was different. I was cheering and booing and participating in yells. Coach Fisher changed the culture at A&M. Even though they lost, the fans still stayed and cheered which I appreciate.”

"It was amazing," the nation's No. 1 athlete recruit Shadrach Banks said. "I had a blast the coaches and players show me a lot of love and I really liked it." "The environment was crazy," the No. 3 athlete in the country KJ Liggins said. "Never felt anything like that before! The staff showed me that they have what it takes to win a championship and Coach Fisher's coaching is very unique and that’s what I like."

"The atmosphere was absolutely electric as usual," Katy (Texas) Tompkins 2021 defensive end Tunmise Adeleye said. "During tonight’s game they announced that it was the sixth largest crowd attendance in school history and you could definitely hear it. Crowd was deafening and a lot of fans were really kind to me we spoke and they encouraged me to make the next step in my recruitment with A&M. Under Coach Fisher I honestly can confidently say that things at A&M will change. I feel like with due time A&M will become an SEC powerhouse to rival schools like Alabama and Georgia. You can see from the coaching alone they were in contention with Clemson today and if you factor in the recruits they’re getting from the 2019 and 2020 class I think sooner rather than later A&M will compete in the college football playoffs."

Class of 2022 quarterback Tevin Carter made the trip down from Tennessee. It's early in the process but perhaps he saw his future. "Kyle Field was amazing, the best atmosphere I have ever been in as far as colleges," Carter said. "The fans were all into the game towel waving and chanting it got so loud in there I couldn’t hear myself. The school even put the recruits in the stands with the fans and they were so interested in us. Coach fisher and his staff showed me that even under pressure they are calm and keep their same game-plan and hope high that’s how they were able to come back the way they did. I really enjoyed my time in College Station and could see myself there one day under Coach Fisher."

GigEm247 has more updates from College Station.

It had to be a boost. 

Texas A&M University, Finally Finding A Way to Capitalize on Losing.

I have no idea what to make of their team. They're better than expected, but just how good is Clemson? It'd be nice if they were just another click in the rollercoaster. But that game had to help with recruits.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It had to be a boost. 

I have no idea what to make of their team. They're better than expected, but just how good is Clemson? It'd be nice if they were just another click in the rollercoaster. But that game had to help with recruits.

We’ll find out if A&M is for real in two weeks. If they hang with Bama, it’s gonna make our rebuild even more difficult.

20 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It had to be a boost. 

Did you watch the game? Clemson dropped at least 5 interceptions, fumbled a snap on the goal line that would have ended it, and rolled out about as vanilla of a game plan as possible. Aggy had an unbelievable amount of luck. Tipped passes redirecting right between the numbers of aggy receivers. Mond scrambling amazingly well for having a lucky horseshoe up his ass, throwing across his body as an aggy receiver doubles back for an incredible catch. Those aren't breaks you can count on every game. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Did you watch the game? Clemson dropped at least 5 interceptions, fumbled a snap on the goal line that would have ended it, and rolled out about as vanilla of a game plan as possible. Aggy had an unbelievable amount of luck. Tipped passes redirecting right between the numbers of aggy receivers. Mond scrambling amazingly well for having a lucky horseshoe up his ass, throwing across his body as an aggy receiver doubles back for an incredible catch. Those aren't breaks you can count on every game. 

2018 Aggie Rollercoaster could be even more glorious than past Seasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Don't forget the uncalled holding on damn near every play. But shhhhh, don't tell them. They don't need to know...

Tons, but the numerous actual pull down of the defenders to the ground was incredible.  To then argue about the hairline fumble out the end zone call when the referees were obviously blind just added to things.

10 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Good take. Clickety Clack. Fuck aggy.

• Fuck You 1

26 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

How the fuck didn't Clemson exploit their horrible linebackers? 

They had 4 good ones: A.Hines, O.Alaka, T.Dodson and B.Johnson.  Now they have 3.  Their problem is depth.  They literally have walkons after that (I guess R.Garner is a scholarship player which, lulz)  which you'll see now.  One more injury and even their 4:3 sets will be garbage.  They'll have to run a nickel in the by gawd LOS league.  Or spin down Leon Slowneal.

Edited by Scholz
  • Like 3