Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

3 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Elko not going anywhere... he was probably making around 500k just 2 years ago at Wake, worked at ND for a year at maybe 700k... Aggies starting him at $1.8M???  Almost quadrupled his salary for his 1 year stint at Notre Dame.  He's still in the "you have to be kidding me" phase.

All of that makes perfect sense, but we're talking about the aggies. If he threatened to walk without more pay, they'd pay him just to avoid the egg on their face of their DC leaving.

30 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I'm beginning to think that, while well-intentioned, imamac doesn't read the Recruiting board at all.

FWIW, I don't believe immawhatever is well-intentioned. He has selfish motives behind his directives and I am waiting for it to be revealed in due time.

2 hours ago, golfclap said:

Being a fuckhead Aggy troll that so annoying that you get crowdsourced, despite the idiotic amount of + rep this dickhole recv'd on the football board, should be a bannable offense. It's the easiest way to keep moderation and over-moderation in check. Letting the community decide what it will and won't tolerate. This guy is a troll and will create more headache for you here as a constant pain in the ass and ruin threads and the flow of the board and actual conversation.

If you follow the crowdsource and then ban his ass for being a stupid assflute, the board will run more smoothly and will create better more readable threads. 

Pos rep for use of word assflute

Tuesday-evening A&M VIP recruiting notes
VIP ByDAMON SAYLES 

Marcus Banks (Photo: 247Sports)
The news of Tuesday night came when Dekaney 4-star cornerback Marcus Banks announced his decommitment from LSU via social media a little bit after 7:30 p.m. CT. Before Banks committed to LSU in June, he was thought to be a legitimate Texas A&M target.

"This was one of the hardest decisions of my life," Banks tweeted Tuesday evening. "Understand that there is no love lost with LSU, but I have to do what's best for myself and my future."

As talented as he is, Banks still should be considered a take for Texas A&M. And in speaking with a source very close to the situation Tuesday evening, the 6-foot, 170-pound shutdown cornerback is definitely considering the Aggies.

The question right now would be, can the numbers work? In having the nation's No. 2-ranked 2019 class, the Aggies have 25 commitments -- with only three spots remaining. And with those three spots left, there are seven or eight athletes who could legitimately complete the class.

Knowing that Banks is still high on Texas A&M is great news for the coaching staff and for those who follow Aggie recruiting. Texas A&M already has arguably the nation's best 2019 defensive backs class in 4-star safeties Brian Williams and Demani Richardson and 4-star cornerbacks Erick Young, Jeffery Carter and Bobby Wolfe. Banks would only further solidify the talent level of that secondary class.

Prior to his commitment to LSU, Banks was thought to be headed to Texas A&M, as the Aggies were big leaders in his 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions. Alabama is a team to watch, as well.

A&M still No. 1 for Demas, but who's No. 2?

While some may think Texas is the biggest competition for 5-star Texas A&M 2020 wide receiver commit Demond Demas, one Big Ten school needs to be heavily considered in the race.

While Demas is still a solid Aggie commit, he told 247Sports that Ohio State is a school to watch. Demas was in Columbus over the weekend and watched the Buckeyes remain undefeated by defeating Minnesota.

"Ohio State is No. 2, right behind Texas A&M,” Demas told 247Sports' Bill Kurelic. "I talked to Urban Meyer. That made me feel good [about Ohio State]."

Demas told Kurelic that he was impressed with Ohio State's passing attack and how the offense was able to put points on the board by using multiple options. Demas has always said he wants to sign with a program that will effectively use its wide receivers and have a dynamic passing game.

More on the numbers game: FSU pledge Hunter

With the news on Banks -- and the Aggies having another name to consider for those final remaining spots in the 2019 class -- all eyes also should be on Florida State defensive end commit Derick Hunter. While still committed to the Seminoles, Hunter said he's remained in contact with the Aggie duo of running backs coach Jay Graham and defensive tackles coach Elijah Robinson.

If there's a team that can flip Hunter, it's Texas A&M. The Fort Myers (Florida) Dunbar prospect thoroughly enjoyed his official visit to College Station the weekend of Oct. 5, and he said he can see himself being a part of a front seven that has established itself under defensive coordinator Mike Elko, statistically, as one of the nation's best.

"Man ... it was crazy," Hunter told GigEm247 after the official visit. "The atmosphere ... everything just blew me away. Everything. It felt like the stadium was shaking the whole game. That's all I can say. I never expected A&M to blow me away like that."

While Texas A&M is a team to watch, Miami also should be a team to keep an eye on. Hunter was expected to be at Virginia for an official visit this past weekend. He told GigEm247 that he wanted to take an official visit the weekend of Nov. 16 to Clemson, as well.

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound Hunter is ranked the nation's No. 21 strong-side defensive end and No. 281 player overall in the 2019 class, according to the 247Sports Composite. He has 41 reported offers.

Update on 2020 QB Hornsby

Remember 2020 quarterback Malik Hornsby? Is he committed? Is he not committed?

While it's safe to say that Texas A&M is in a great spot to sign Fort Bend Marshall's electric dual-threat quarterback and national top-20 athlete in the class, sources close to the situation say he is still continuing to take his time with making a final decision. The 4-star quarterback, at 6-foot-2 and 175 pounds, still has Texas A&M very high on his list, but he's keeping all of his options open and giving every team a chance to fully recruit him.

With that said, the Aggies are still considered the frontrunner in Hornsby's process. Hornsby is ranked the nation's No. 1 dual-threat quarterback and No. 12 player overall in the 2020 class, per 247Sports. Nine out of 10 of his Crystal Ball predictions favor the Aggies.

Dickinson tight end Jalen Wydermyer should be considered on commitment watch. While it isn't guaranteed that he'll commit before the end of the season, sources close to the situation say he has thought of potentially ending his process within the next few weeks. Wydermyer, a 3-star tight end, has an official visit scheduled next month to Miami, and he also has interest in Ole Miss. ... Hebron 2020 safety Darius Snow, a top Texas A&M target and the nation's No. 4 safety per 247Sports, will head to East Lansing, Michigan, this weekend for a visit to Michigan State. His father, Eric Snow, played basketball for the Spartans, while his uncle, Percy Snow, played linebacker for Michigan State's football team. ... Duncanville 2020 safety Chris Thompson Jr., the top-ranked safety in the class per 247Sports, has Texas A&M and LSU as two schools that are high on his list. A potential trip to keep an eye on is Nov. 24, when the two teams meet up at Kyle Field in a huge SEC West showdown. Thompson told GigEm247 that Texas, Ohio State, Stanford, Florida, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, SMU and Oklahoma State are several other schools who he still hears from often

• Like 1

VIP recruiting notes: Friday-morning updates

Ainias Smith (Photo: 247Sports)
It's decommitment season. In the month of October alone, 24 college football recruits from the 2019 and 2020 classes have parted ways with the school they were once committed to.

Texas A&M has 25 commits in its 2019 class. It has three positions remaining to fill. Two recent decommits to keep an eye on are 4-star cornerbacks who could ultimately help the Aggies' already-stout 2019 class. The Aggies currently have the nation's No. 2 recruiting class and are ranked literally six-hundredths of a point behind No. 1 Alabama.

Texas A&M, which once had the top-ranked recruiting class, can retake the No. 1 spot with a commitment from either Spring Dekaney's Marcus Banks or Bellflower, California's Chris Steele, who plays at St. John Bosco. Both decommitted roughly within a two-day span of each other, and both hold Texas A&M offers.

Steele, who decommitted from USC on Thursday, will be the tougher pledge to land of the two. While he did visit Texas A&M in February, sources close to the situation say schools like Florida, Oklahoma and Oregon are the frontrunners for his services -- and that's assuming he doesn't recommit to USC, which is a definite possibility as he decommitted just to see what else is out there.

As for Banks, who decommitted from LSU Tuesday evening, GigEm247 reported that he has legitimate interest in the program. Since his decommitment, Banks has seen four Crystal Ball predictions made -- two to Texas A&M and two to Alabama. LSU also should still be a school to keep an eye on in this recruiting race. Banks took an official visit to Texas A&M the weekend of April 27, and he officially visited Alabama the weekend of Sept. 22.

DE Warren has A&M interest; will it be reciprocated?

Many, Louisiana, defensive end Myron Warren decommitted from TCU on Oct. 9. He was offered by Texas A&M on April 10 and took an unofficial visit to the campus 11 days later. Warren told GigEm247 that he's been following Texas A&M all season, and his interested in the Aggies is as high as it was during the spring.

"Texas A&M is a great program that always knows how to win," Warren said Thursday night. "I think Jimbo Fisher is one of the greatest coaches in college football, and he has the plan to build a great football program."

While Warren has been a fan of the program, the big question is, where does the 3-star defender sit in Texas A&M's big board? The team already has a natural defensive end pledge in 4-star Braedon Mowry and a versatile, all-purpose defensive lineman committed in 4-star DeMarvin Leal.

At 6-foot-3 and 240 pounds, Warren has additional offers from Texas, Oregon and Ole Miss, among others. Warren is ranked the nation's No. 30 strong-side defensive end and the No. 22 player from the state of Louisiana, per 247Sports. He was committed to TCU for nearly five months.

ATH Smith still one to watch for 2019 class

He's not a decommitment, but he is a player who could help the Aggies' 2019 class. Fort Bend Dulles 3-star athlete Ainias Smith is someone who can play cornerback or wide receiver at the next level, and his versatility could be at his advantage as the Aggies look to close the class strong.

Smith has been in regular communication with the Texas A&M staff, and because of his ability to do so much on the field, he's considered a player to watch. Smith was the District 20-6A All-Purpose Player of the Year last season, and at Dulles, he has stats as a rusher, receiver, passer and shutdown defender.

"I like A&M. It seems like it would be a good spot for me," Smith told GigEm247 earlier this month. "I don't know who I'm going to commit to yet, but it's on my mind 24/7."

At The Opening Houston regional in February, in inclement weather, Smith ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds -- the second-fastest time among all the participants -- and completed the 20-yard shuttle in a blazing four seconds flat. He also vertical jumped 36.4 inches and threw the power ball 35 inches, ultimately recording a ratings score of 114.12 -- the third-best score of the regional event.

Smith only has two 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions, but both are in favor of Texas A&M. The 5-foot-10, 187-pound athlete doesn't have a Texas A&M official visit scheduled as of yet, but he has made multiple visits to College Station. He does have two officials set in December, one for Southern Mississippi and one for Duke.

Katy Mayde Creek's Marcus Stripling, the nation's No. 13 strong-side defensive end and a national top-200 player, had planned on taking an official visit to Alabama last week, but he postponed the trip with because of the inclement weather. That means Stripling has still yet to take an official visit. This helps keep the recruiting edge in Texas A&M's favor, as he's made several trips to College Station throughout the calendar year. Alabama and Oklahoma, however, are two schools who those following Stripling's process should pay very close attention to. Both Power 5 programs are putting up a fight to win Stripling over. ... Horn Lake, Mississippi, 5-star linebacker Nakobe Dean still has Texas A&M as a school he wants to officially visit, but he's yet to reschedule the visit that originally was supposed to happen the weekend of Oct. 5. Dean instead went to a mandatory team meeting for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game. Dean officially visited Alabama in June, and he has visits scheduled to Auburn next month and to LSU in December. Aggie fans are hoping Dean -- expected to be an early enrollee -- can reschedule a visit to College Station between now and December's early signing period, but Dean hasn't made any new announcements as of yet

9 minutes ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

It's decommitment season. In the month of October alone, 24 college football recruits from the 2019 and 2020 classes have parted ways with the school they were once committed to.

Texas A&M has 25 commits in its 2019 class. It has three positions remaining to fill. Two recent decommits to keep an eye on are 4-star cornerbacks who could ultimately help the Aggies' already-stout 2019 class. The Aggies currently have the nation's No. 2 recruiting class and are ranked literally six-hundredths of a point behind No. 1 Alabama.

Texas A&M, which once had the top-ranked recruiting class, can retake the No. 1 spot with a commitment from either Spring Dekaney's Marcus Banks or Bellflower, California's Chris Steele, who plays at St. John Bosco. Both decommitted roughly within a two-day span of each other, and both hold Texas A&M offers.

Steele, who decommitted from USC on Thursday, will be the tougher pledge to land of the two. While he did visit Texas A&M in February, sources close to the situation say schools like Florida, Oklahoma and Oregon are the frontrunners for his services -- and that's assuming he doesn't recommit to USC, which is a definite possibility as he decommitted just to see what else is out there.

As for Banks, who decommitted from LSU Tuesday evening, GigEm247 reported that he has legitimate interest in the program. Since his decommitment, Banks has seen four Crystal Ball predictions made -- two to Texas A&M and two to Alabama. LSU also should still be a school to keep an eye on in this recruiting race. Banks took an official visit to Texas A&M the weekend of April 27, and he officially visited Alabama the weekend of Sept. 22.

Many, Louisiana, defensive end Myron Warren decommitted from TCU on Oct. 9. He was offered by Texas A&M on April 10 and took an unofficial visit to the campus 11 days later. Warren told GigEm247 that he's been following Texas A&M all season, and his interested in the Aggies is as high as it was during the spring.

"Texas A&M is a great program that always knows how to win," Warren said Thursday night. "I think Jimbo Fisher is one of the greatest coaches in college football, and he has the plan to build a great football program."

While Warren has been a fan of the program, the big question is, where does the 3-star defender sit in Texas A&M's big board? The team already has a natural defensive end pledge in 4-star Braedon Mowry and a versatile, all-purpose defensive lineman committed in 4-star DeMarvin Leal.

At 6-foot-3 and 240 pounds, Warren has additional offers from Texas, Oregon and Ole Miss, among others. Warren is ranked the nation's No. 30 strong-side defensive end and the No. 22 player from the state of Louisiana, per 247Sports. He was committed to TCU for nearly five months.

He's not a decommitment, but he is a player who could help the Aggies' 2019 class. Fort Bend Dulles 3-star athlete Ainias Smith is someone who can play cornerback or wide receiver at the next level, and his versatility could be at his advantage as the Aggies look to close the class strong.

Smith has been in regular communication with the Texas A&M staff, and because of his ability to do so much on the field, he's considered a player to watch. Smith was the District 20-6A All-Purpose Player of the Year last season, and at Dulles, he has stats as a rusher, receiver, passer and shutdown defender.

"I like A&M. It seems like it would be a good spot for me," Smith told GigEm247 earlier this month. "I don't know who I'm going to commit to yet, but it's on my mind 24/7."

At The Opening Houston regional in February, in inclement weather, Smith ran the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds -- the second-fastest time among all the participants -- and completed the 20-yard shuttle in a blazing four seconds flat. He also vertical jumped 36.4 inches and threw the power ball 35 inches, ultimately recording a ratings score of 114.12 -- the third-best score of the regional event.

Smith only has two 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions, but both are in favor of Texas A&M. The 5-foot-10, 187-pound athlete doesn't have a Texas A&M official visit scheduled as of yet, but he has made multiple visits to College Station. He does have two officials set in December, one for Southern Mississippi and one for Duke.

Katy Mayde Creek's Marcus Stripling, the nation's No. 13 strong-side defensive end and a national top-200 player, had planned on taking an official visit to Alabama last week, but he postponed the trip with because of the inclement weather. That means Stripling has still yet to take an official visit. This helps keep the recruiting edge in Texas A&M's favor, as he's made several trips to College Station throughout the calendar year. Alabama and Oklahoma, however, are two schools who those following Stripling's process should pay very close attention to. Both Power 5 programs are putting up a fight to win Stripling over. ... Horn Lake, Mississippi, 5-star linebacker Nakobe Dean still has Texas A&M as a school he wants to officially visit, but he's yet to reschedule the visit that originally was supposed to happen the weekend of Oct. 5. Dean instead went to a mandatory team meeting for the Alabama-Mississippi All-Star Game. Dean officially visited Alabama in June, and he has visits scheduled to Auburn next month and to LSU in December. Aggie fans are hoping Dean -- expected to be an early enrollee -- can reschedule a visit to College Station between now and December's early signing period, but Dean hasn't made any new announcements as of yet

Wasn't Steele the one that dissed aggy a while back? 

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

They just basically write articles on what whatever kid is being recruited by Texas and how interested in A&M and how much they like the Aggies even though it is clear that they are talking to Texas. 

I get the need to spin to your subscribers, but articles like that are worthless. It actually makes you more disappointed in the long run because you can't figure out why all the recruits "had a change of heart" about your school.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I get the need to spin to your subscribers, but articles like that are worthless. It actually makes you more disappointed in the long run because you can't figure out why all the recruits "had a change of heart" about your school.

But it's not even that, they are writing about our project type recruits.Like damn how insecure do you have to be to make sure you get some type of praise from a 3* kid decommitting from TCU and going to Texas.

25 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

aggy is certainly the worst about this shit, hence the roller-coaster, but this is a 9.95er bread and butter play. 

Marcel Brooks. Marvin Wilson.  etc ... there are countless examples of articles written by the Texas 9.95ers on guys that had absolutely no shot and/or interest in Texas. that's why there are guys on the fucking hookem board that are asking if we can still get back in with Brooks, and they mean it. 

27 minutes ago, golfclap said:

aggy is certainly the worst about this shit, hence the roller-coaster, but this is a 9.95er bread and butter play. 

Marcel Brooks. Marvin Wilson.  etc ... there are countless examples of articles written by the Texas 9.95ers on guys that had absolutely no shot and/or interest in Texas. that's why there are guys on the fucking hookem board that are asking if we can still get back in with Brooks, and they mean it. 

Yeah but those guys are 4/5* blue chip recruits aggy is saying this about 3* projects. 

4 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Lulz. So everyone that decommits and showed very little interest in aggy are now going to swing to aggy, but a guy that has been an aggy lean almost the entire recruiting season is now on the outside looking in, even though another prospect at his position just decommitted and has little to no interest in going there.

It's hilarious.