Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

46 minutes ago, golfclap said:

just back from vacation. so much to catch up on but I saw this on the Aggy boards and enjoyed it... 

Akinola, Ellison, Young, and Chibuzo. 

Wonder why our staff told Young he was a S and not a CB?  Ellison mixing bad grades with not much growth potential. SEC LOS league, etc ... 

Geeze Ellison looks like he's about 220 lbs.

I wouldn't mind trying to get Akinola or Chibuzo as a 3rd/4th OL take, but I don't think they're as good as Lindberg or Garth.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

Order your fucking MNC tix Aggys. 

Fisher was the first coach to speak at the 2018 SEC Media Days and he was asked about the timetable he has for winning a national title in Aggieland.

"Your timetable is as quick as you can put things into place and everyone buys into what you're trying to do. Your timetable? Your timetable is now," Fisher said, curtly.

Perroni VIP notes

After taking some much-deserved time off, as did every staff in the country, the A&M coaches are now back in College Station. The dead period ends next Tuesday night at midnight, meaning prospects can take unofficial visits again. However, official visits are not allowed until the beginning of the season. You can bet that A&M will work to get players on campus to check out fall camp.

-At running back, four-star Isaiah Spiller of Klein Collins is still the main target. The nation’s No. 2 all-purpose back has said that he wants to announce prior to his senior season, which is different from what he had stated a few months back, and it’s still an A&M/OU battle.

Spiller is an A&M legacy and has long been high on the Aggies, even when he was committed to the Sooners at one point. He likes the new staff a lot and has a good rapport with running backs coach Jay Graham. I am still quite confident in my A&M Crystal Ball prediction and I still think it could happen sooner rather than later. He is still my prediction to be the next commit.

-At wide receiver, the main target left is Dylan Wright of West Mesquite. The four-star is an in-state battle between A&M and Texas with both schools feeling like they are in good position.

Wright has visited Aggieland several times this summer, though, and is very close to the current commitments. There was a lot of talk at The Opening that there is a very good chance that he ends up a part of this class and nothing has really changed on that front.

Wright still plans to wait until the Under Armour All-American Game on Jan. 4 to announce, though. It will be interesting to see if he actually signs early and asks whichever school to hold it until his announcement as several prospects across the country did in the 2018 class.

This one is going to be a battle until the end, but I like my Crystal Ball prediction of A&M still.

One other player to at least keep an eye on is Newton four-star athlete Tamauzia Brown, who wants to play wide receiver at the next level. There is a lot of talk around East Texas that he is quite high on A&M. However, in checking, the numbers likely aren’t there at the moment.

-After talking through it, A&M wants another tight end in the class in addition to Baylor Cupp. There is a need as there is a severe lack of depth at the position currently on campus. Trevor Wood is a senior this year and Jace Sternberger a junior. Other than Cupp, that leaves incoming freshman Glenn Beal as the only other scholarship tight end that will be on campus in two years.

While A&M wants another player, they are not going to take someone just to have a body. The target is Jalen Wydermyer of Dickinson. The 6-foot-5, 235-pound prospect is high on both A&M and Miami but the Aggies feel like they are in good shape with him.

Wydermyer is close with incoming freshman Montel Parker. He wants to take some official visits, especially to Coral Gables, but it would not be a surprise to see some pressure put on him to make a decision. I have a Crystal Ball pick for the Aggies.

-Katy Mayde Creek defensive end Marcus Stripling continues to say that he plans to take his visits but I also continue to hear that he is close to officially shutting things down.

While it would not completely surprise me to see the 6-foot-3, 265-pound defender take a visit or two, I think this one will be done before the summer is over and I feel very, very good about the Aggies’ chances.

-The other player that is the closest to making a commitment is Mansfield Legacy four-star cornerback Jeffery Carter. The Army All-American is ranked as the No. 80 overall prospect in the country and is an A&M/Alabama battle.

Carter is a player that could pop at any point and some of the current Aggie pledges almost consider him to be a commitment already. Now, we’ve seen Carter change his mind with favorites numerous times in the past but A&M has been the one constant. I believe he will end up on the commitment list sooner rather than later.

-At linebacker, Baton Rouge U-High four-star Christian Harris is one of the Aggies’ top overall remaining targets. He has a final four of A&M, Alabama, Auburn and LSU but A&M is in good shape with him as well.

The Harris family really likes defensive coordinator Mike Elko, who coached Christian’s older brother at Wake Forest. The talk in Louisiana is still that it would not be a surprise if he made a decision in the relatively near future.

Kevon Glenn and Nick Jackson out of Georgia are still in contact with the Aggies. So is Zach Edwards, who made an expected decommitment from LSU last week. The linebacker position is one that A&M will likely have to take a very close look at the numbers and figure out where to go from there, so it’s hard to predict outside of Harris at this point.

I think five-star Nakobe Dean will take an official visit, but I don’t think he will end up an Aggie. Four-star Mohamoud Diabate wants to visit as well. The numbers may not be there with him but, because he is not in a hurry to make a decision, it would not be a surprise to see the Aggies bring him in this fall.

-I believe A&M will sign one of Adisa Isaac out of New York or David Ugwoegbu of Katy Seven Lakes at the weakside defensive end spot and I think it will be the first of the two to decide. Isaac is an A&M/Penn State battle at this point while Ugwoegbu is very high on the Aggies, in addition to Alabama and Oklahoma. Both are being recruited to play the hybrid defensive end/linebacker spot and both have similar skill sets.

The other player to watch at that position is junior college prospect Kuony Deng. A&M really likes him as well. He’s a December grad that would have two to play two. The Aggies are his biggest offer by far but there should be a lot more suitors once he has some game film.
-Like Dean, I expect five-star defensive tackle Ishmael Sopsher to take an official visit to A&M but I don’t think he will end up in Aggieland. I believe it will be either Alabama or LSU for him. The same is true with his wide receiver teammate Devonta Lee, who A&M is recruiting as a linebacker.

Defensive tackle Jaquaze Sorrells is set to commit just before the season and it will likely be to South Carolina. He says he still plans to officially visit Aggieland even after making his decision, but that may or may not end up happening

Opening testing results ::

-Houston Madison CB Bobby Wolfe - 79.50

6-0.5/176

40: 4.71

Shuttle: 4.41

Vertical: 34.2"

Powerball: 31.0'

Oof. 

-Fort Bend Bush CB Erick Young

6-0/208

Shuttle: 4.27

Vertical: 32.0"

Powerball: 35.0'

-Katy Mayde Creek DE Marcus Stripling - 109.86

6-2.5/260

40: 4.84

Shuttle: 4.51

Vertical: 31.2"

Powerball: 41.5'

-Waxahachie S Demani Richardson - 126.57

6-1/209

40: 4.59

Shuttle: 4.14

Vertical: 34.7"

Powerball: 41.5'

-Atascocita OT Kenyon Green - 94.44

6-4/330

40: 5.47

Shuttle: 5.01

Vertical: 26.8"

Powerball: 43.5'

-Dallas Bishop Dunne S Brian Williams

6-0.5/211

Shuttle: 4.47

Vertical: 31.0"

Powerball: 39.5'

Richardson and Stripling are far removed from the rest of the Aggy bread. 

There are some scary shuttle times for guys that are going to be playing CB or Nickel or even FS really. 

I notice Wolfe mixes his penchant for holding with being under-sized, under-sped, and unable to change direction, the holding makes more sense now. 

by comparison to the "under-sized" D'Shawn Jamison ::

Bobby Wolfe -- 6-0.5 176 - 4.71 40 -  4.41 shuttle 34.2"  vertical - 31.0' power ball toss 

D'Shawn Jamison  -- 5'10" 175 - 4.48 40 -  3.9 shuttle - 36.7″ vertical -  35′ power ball toss 

Young's 4.27 shuttle and 32" vert are inline with most S. Williams with a 4.47 shuttle and a 31" vert is pretty surprising. I think both of these guys have lower ceilings that initially projected. Training as much and as hard as they do - and having a 31 or 32 inch vert certainly shows an athletic limitation/ceiling, imho. the average at the NFL combine at SS or FS are both over 36.  

some other numbers from our guys that I could find 

Caden Sterns — 6-0.5 - 192 - 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle - 37.4 vertical - 36’ powerball
BJ Foster - 6’1” - 193 - 4.52 40 - 4.27 shuttle - 33.7 vertical - 33’ powerball 
Jalen Green — 6-0 - 171- 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle — 32.7 vertical - 33.5’ powerball
Anthony Cook - 6’0” - 174 - 4.69 40 - 4.12 shuttle  36.7 vertical - 34.5’powerball 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Jalen Green — 6-0 - 171- 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle — 32.7 vertical - 33.5’ powerball
Anthony Cook - 6’0” - 174 - 4.69 40 - 4.12 shuttle  36.7 vertical - 34.5’powerball 

IIRC, these numbers came from a rainy cold day in Houston early in the spring, and they never bothered testing again 

Yep. 55 degrees and raining -  which makes Eagles numbers from that event even more stunning. But yes, both of those guys numbers would be even better in less extreme conditions. 

for those that may not have seen or remembered from that cold rainy day - Eagles posted this ::

Brennan Eagles - 6-3.5 - 214 - 4.51 - 3.99 shuttle - 37 vertical - 39.0’ powerball 

Ohh man anyone from FSU will tell you that Jimbo is a professional dick head. I mean how many coaches threaten to fight a fan? But the second something goes wrong and aggy starts asking "tough" questions it going to be glorious.

Edited by Not a Sock

This is exhibit eleventy billion of how fucking stupid aggy is. Herman was asked an inane question by a drooling imbecile who frankly needs to be put out to pasture, and he answered it the way he should have, without having to say what he wanted to say, which was "fuck off, Kurt.".

Daddy98 should learn how to spell before he attempts to try and interpret meaning behind coach speak at press conferences.