Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

25 minutes ago, Bevo said:

How do Adimora, Watson, Caldwell, Cine, and Pola-Gates compare to the possible aggie class? Both classes are pretty safety heavy.

Well in Caldwell and Watson we'd have two actual corners, so that's a plus on our side. They're both pretty prime candidates to redshirt and/or be a backup for a year or two and that's a-ok with our DB depth. Richardson is probably the best player in either class.

Adimora, Cine, NPG would be equal to Young and Richardson. Bobby Wolfe is fine, but they're planning on marooning the poor slow bastard at corner, and honestly we'll more likely all be laughing at his and Leon's misadventures in abbreviated CStat tenures.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

Pola-Gates is the perfect 5th DB take if we can land him over Bama, since he can potentially play CB, NB, or FS. Seems like he's Bama bound at this point though 

Richardson is the best DB of the bunch, although I think Adimora is a close enough replacement to not feel too badly about missing out on Demani. Hopefully we find adequate replacements for Leal and Wilson if we don't flip them 

Turnovers and long touchdown plays are game changers, and Catalon is the best ball hawk I've seen in the last few classes. ET like instincts in a Quandre type of body. He's going to have a lot of INTs in his career

I'm a fan of Watson, but I don't buy that he has a 45 inch vertical. Look at the top verts at the NBA combine every year. This is similar to Angilau measuring at 6'6 at a Nike Regional, or guys going from 4.3s in Dallas to 4.5 at nationals

A&M better hope that Carter pans out, because they're in trouble at corner 

Wolfe sucks, and if I'm Jimbo I'm probably trapdooring him at some point to bring in an actual corner, whether he's a late bloomer or a Jimbo auction special 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Well in Caldwell and Watson we'd have two actual corners, so that's a plus on our side. They're both pretty prime candidates to redshirt and/or be a backup for a year or two and that's a-ok with our DB depth. Richardson is probably the best player in either class.

Adimora, Cine, NPG would be equal to Young and Richardson. Bobby Wolfe is fine, but they're planning on marooning the poor slow bastard at corner, and honestly we'll more likely all be laughing at his and Leon's misadventures in abbreviated CStat tenures.

Bobby Wolfe will be the heir apparent to Debione Renfro. And all of us should be excited for it.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

How do Adimora, Watson, Caldwell, Cine, and Pola-Gates compare to the possible aggie class? Both classes are pretty safety heavy.

Seeing as how you didn't add catalon I would give your evaluation an incomplete. Try again 

39 minutes ago, Fud said:

Pola-Gates is the perfect 5th DB take if we can land him over Bama, since he can potentially play CB, NB, or FS. Seems like he's Bama bound at this point though 

Richardson is the best DB of the bunch, although I think Adimora is a close enough replacement to not feel too badly about missing out on Demani. Hopefully we find adequate replacements for Leal and Wilson if we don't flip them 

Turnovers and long touchdown plays are game changers, and Catalon is the best ball hawk I've seen in the last few classes. ET like instincts in a Quandre type of body. He's going to have a lot of INTs in his career

I'm a fan of Watson, but I don't buy that he has a 45 inch vertical. Look at the top verts at the NBA combine every year. This is similar to Angilau measuring at 6'6 at a Nike Regional, or guys going from 4.3s in Dallas to 4.5 at nationals

A&M better hope that Carter pans out, because they're in trouble at corner 

Wolfe sucks, and if I'm Jimbo I'm probably trapdooring him at some point to bring in an actual corner, whether he's a late bloomer or a Jimbo auction special 

I typically agree on a lot of the crazy measurables you hear for high schoolers, but I assume that the elite 11 does legit measurements right? That where his 45" number comes from

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Okay Bobby Wolfe is a 4 star cb with 4.71 speed.

You guys are on top of this I'm not. Why is a 4 star running the same speed as a 220 LB here? Ball hawk?

Nobody fucking knows. Why is Roschon Johnson a 247 3-Star? I’m going with, Barton Simmons is a fucktard. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, golfclap said:

There are some scary shuttle times for guys that are going to be playing CB or Nickel or even FS really. 

I notice Wolfe mixes his penchant for holding with being under-sized, under-sped, and unable to change direction, the holding makes more sense now. 

by comparison to the "under-sized" D'Shawn Jamison ::

Bobby Wolfe -- 6-0.5 176 - 4.71 40 -  4.41 shuttle 34.2"  vertical - 31.0' power ball toss 

D'Shawn Jamison  -- 5'10" 175 - 4.48 40 -  3.9 shuttle - 36.7″ vertical -  35′ power ball toss 

Young's 4.27 shuttle and 32" vert are inline with most S. Williams with a 4.47 shuttle and a 31" vert is pretty surprising. I think both of these guys have lower ceilings that initially projected. Training as much and as hard as they do - and having a 31 or 32 inch vert certainly shows an athletic limitation/ceiling, imho. the average at the NFL combine at SS or FS are both over 36.  

some other numbers from our guys that I could find 

Caden Sterns — 6-0.5 - 192 - 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle - 37.4 vertical - 36’ powerball
BJ Foster - 6’1” - 193 - 4.52 40 - 4.27 shuttle - 33.7 vertical - 33’ powerball 
Jalen Green — 6-0 - 171- 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle — 32.7 vertical - 33.5’ powerball
Anthony Cook - 6’0” - 174 - 4.69 40 - 4.12 shuttle  36.7 vertical - 34.5’powerball 

Thanks for comparing all of these in one post. Almost all of these matched up with ESPNs database. According to them Caden ran a 4.62 40. They said that D'shawn has a vertical of 38" and a power boll throw of 39'.

6 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I typically agree on a lot of the crazy measurables you hear for high schoolers, but I assume that the elite 11 does legit measurements right? That where his 45" number comes from

I just think it's more likely that some intern fucked up a measurement than Watson being one of the highest vert jumpers in the world. Obviously hope I'm wrong. 

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-strength-agility/#!?sort=MAX_VERTICAL_LEAP&dir=1&SeasonYear=2018-19

1 hour ago, rvm96 said:

Thanks for comparing all of these in one post. Almost all of these matched up with ESPNs database. According to them Caden ran a 4.62 40. They said that D'shawn has a vertical of 38" and a power boll throw of 39'.

ESPN uses the Nike Regional numbers for their database, fwiw 

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

I just think it's more likely that some intern fucked up a measurement than Watson being one of the highest vert jumpers in the world. Obviously hope I'm wrong. 

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-strength-agility/#!?sort=MAX_VERTICAL_LEAP&dir=1&SeasonYear=2018-19

He'd have the third highest in the past three years of the best NBA draft prospects, so point taken.

12 hours ago, Sejjr said:

This is exhibit eleventy billion of how fucking stupid aggy is. Herman was asked an inane question by a drooling imbecile who frankly needs to be put out to pasture, and he answered it the way he should have, without having to say what he wanted to say, which was "fuck off, Kurt.".

Daddy98 should learn how to spell before he attempts to try and interpret meaning behind coach speak at press conferences. 

This. Herman gave him the Stoops' fuck off glare for an extended time and the rest of the media ended up laughing at Kurt. 

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Okay Bobby Wolfe is a 4 star cb with 4.71 speed.

You guys are on top of this I'm not. Why is a 4 star running the same speed as a 220 LB here? Ball hawk?

Shhh.  He's an elite cover corner with fluid hips.  Put him on an island, Bilbo.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Machinator said:

DiZQ7ZfVQAA4K2k.jpg

Everytime one of these fucksticks cites a HS player that had a single injury, I want to appear on their board in a puff of smoke and paste a picture of Max fucking Wright. And god knows which other idiots with injuries they recruited out of HS, of which I know there have been legion. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Everytime one of these fucksticks cites a HS player that had a single injury, I want to appear on their board in a puff of smoke and paste a picture of Max fucking Wright. And god knows which other idiots with injuries they recruited out of HS, of which I know there have been legion. 

What's stopping you?

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Every time someone mentions Max Wright knees, I immediately think of the video of him stupidly lifting way too much weight and his stupid coaches egging him on with bad form 

yeah that shit was cringeworthy

4 hours ago, Fud said:

Several years back I went to a combine for the public hosted by a radio station here in Houston. I was baffled at some of the results until i realized the guy manning the vertical station was adding 12 inches to everyone’s jumps by mistake. The event was contracted out to a company that does this professionally, but they still stuck some kid at a station that didn’t know how to use the equipment.

I’m also 60% sure that I remember Tristian Houston being really excited about his 45 inch vertical there. It could have been a different guy with the same last name, but that same guy put up a laser timed 4.5 in the 40.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Where do they cite Wolfe and Young having faster 40 times? Even the skewed times from the Houston event were below 4.7 which iirc was Wolfe's time. 

They don't cite anything.  They're fine with bald face lying.

8 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Every time someone mentions Max Wright knees, I immediately think of the video of him stupidly lifting way too much weight and his stupid coaches egging him on with bad form 

You mean the powerclean where he didnt lock it up and recover?  Just kinda got it up near his chest and dropped it and then acted all he-man?

28 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Avg recruit ranking:

UT - 91.99

aggy - 90.27

Nah, nobody they'd want.  Oh and let's just ignore the 7 commits we have who they offered.  Fisher was literally begging Roschon Johnson to flip to them.  Such lying dipshits every day of their lives.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/ 

You stupid sip, tu doesn't have any SEC croots while all of Texas Aggies crooks are SEC croots.  Advantage sheep.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Machinator said:

How many of our recruits are they going to flip?!?

Hide contents

DieChMoVAAApj8_.jpgDieCi_QU8AAif2F.jpgDieCk99VMAAsqgC.jpgDieCmW9U8AIXGpr.jpg

This. Is. Gold. 

There are only two logical explanations. Either that site is full of trolls or they are collectively the dumbest fan base on the planet. In any sport. 

On 7/18/2018 at 12:04 PM, Neonmoon said:

Him and Spencer Sanders both had ridiculously irresponsible strength coaches.