Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

9 hours ago, BoomMF said:

Weird for a guy to support institutional rape coverup and be a bible-thumping Christian.

There was a small contingent on txags (before they were sure Jimbo was the guy) trashing him over his rape cover up with Winston.  I’m sure all that’s been scrubbed.  Wish I would have screen capped it. 

But yeah, great example of a devout Christian molding men over there in “the station”. 

VIP notes

Here are a few Wednesday-morning recruiting updates.

Is commit No. 22 coming soon for the Aggies?

Texas A&M's recruiting is on fire after last week's haul of 4-star cornerbacks Bobby Wolfe and Erick Young. The Aggies remain in the No. 2 spot in the 247Sports recruiting composite team rankings.

One position Texas A&M is hoping to land a stud is at running back, and Klein Collins 4-star Isaiah Spiller is one of the nation's best. The 4-star talent is ranked the No. 2 all-purpose back, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

The original word was that Spiller was planning on making a decision before the start of his senior season. The buzz now is that Spiller could make a decision as early as the end of this week -- emphasis on "could."

If that happens, look for Spiller to choose between Texas A&M and Oklahoma. He's a one-time Oklahoma pledge who reopened his recruitment in April to explore all of his options. Spiller has 21 reported offers.

Texas A&M is hoping to bring a legacy home. Spiller is the son of Fred Spiller, who played tight end for the Aggies.

New York DE Isaac taking his time

One of the big questions with the 2019 class involves Brooklyn, New York, defensive end Adisa Isaac and his interest in the program. The good news: He's interested. The better news: He claims no leaders at this time.

Isaac, the top-ranked player from the state of New York and the nation's No. 10 weak-side defensive end per the 247Sports Composite, told 247Sports that Texas A&M, Penn State, Rutgers and Syracuse are among the schools he hears from the most. He said those are schools that intrigue him, but he reiterated that he currently doesn't have one to stand above the others.

Isaac has only taken one official visit so far -- to Texas A&M -- and he doesn't have a set timeline for making a verbal commitment.

"I want to take some of the visits in the fall that I didn't get to take in the summer," Isaac told 247Sports. "I don't know any of the official visit I will take yet. I want to try to take one in late July, if I can, and then the rest in the fall, probably."

2020 OL wants the '5-star' to block for

GigEm247 spoke with 2020 offensive line commit Josh Bankhead earlier this week. While he's excited about the future of the program, he's also hoping to block for the best.

When asked if there was one commit he'd love to see committed, North Shore's Zachary Evans was his answer. Evans is the top-ranked running back in the 2020 class and the No. 5 overall player in the 247Sports Composite. Texas A&M is one of the schools to watch in his recruitment, along with Alabama, LSU and Texas.

"He's a 5-star. The dude is an animal," Bankhead said. "If you see his film, he'll hurdle one guy and truck the next. Him running behind us ... I couldn't think of a better offense."

Bankhead added he and Evans are former select league teammates, so he's hoping to reunite that tandem. Evans was one of the few underclassmen selected to compete at The Opening Finals in Frisco, Texas. He played for Team Impact.

"He's not a talker; he's a doer," Bankhead said of Evans. "He's a really big target for A&M, and I'm trying my best to get him to commit without forcing his hand."

September visit for QB target Daniels?

As 247Sports' Blair Angulo reported, San Bernadino, California, 4-star quarterback Jayden Daniels is interested in getting to College Station for an official visit. While the Aggies have a quarterback committed in 3-star Zach Calzada, Daniels said he's hoping to make it to Texas A&M in September.

"I definitely want to get out to Texas A&M to see how it is," Daniels told Angulo. "I know they took a commit, too, but I want to get out there on an official for sure, hopefully early in the season when they play Clemson."

Regardless of the quarterback position, you go after a talented player like Daniels. He's nationally ranked the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback, and he's a top-100 player overall, per the 247Sports Composite. At Cajon High School, Daniels threw for 5,139 yards and 62 touchdowns with only five interceptions in 16 games last season. He also rushed for 1,292 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Daniels has official visits set to Cal (weekend of Sept. 1) and Utah (Sept. 15). The Texas A&M-Clemson game takes place on Sept. 8.

A legitimate alternative for the WR class?

Texas A&M appears to be set at wide receiver with 4-star Kam Brown and 3-stars Chase Lane and Kenyon Jackson committed. The Aggies are making a major push to land 4-star Dylan Wright, as well.

But what if the Aggies don't get Wright, who has Texas, Alabama and a few others high on his list, as well? One name that has been lost in Aggie recruiting is California 4-star Darren Jones. He's a teammate of Daniels at Cajon; in fact, he was Daniels' favorite target, catching 102 passes for 2,094 yards and 28 touchdowns last season.

Let it be known, also, that Jones stands 6-foot-8 and weighs 189 pounds

Texas A&M appears to be set at wide receiver with 4-star Kam Brown and 3-stars Chase Lane and Kenyon Jackson committed. The Aggies are making a major push to land 4-star Dylan Wright, as well.

But what if the Aggies don't get Wright, who has Texas, Alabama and a few others high on his list, as well? One name that has been lost in Aggie recruiting is California 4-star Darren Jones. He's a teammate of Daniels at Cajon; in fact, he was Daniels' favorite target, catching 102 passes for 2,094 yards and 28 touchdowns last season.

200.gif

• Like 9

Isaac, the top-ranked player from the state of New York and the nation's No. 10 weak-side defensive end per the 247Sports Composite, told 247Sports that Texas A&M, Penn State, Rutgers and Syracuse are among the schools he hears from the most. He said those are schools that intrigue him, but he reiterated that he currently doesn't have one to stand above the others.

Translation: I hate all these options equally will someone save me please?

Edited by Bevo14

Holy cow!  189 lbs @ 6'8"???  

Wasn't aggy trying to play a 6'4" corner a couple of years ago?

1 hour ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

VIP notes

Here are a few Wednesday-morning recruiting updates.

Is commit No. 22 coming soon for the Aggies?

Texas A&M's recruiting is on fire after last week's haul of 4-star cornerbacks Bobby Wolfe and Erick Young. The Aggies remain in the No. 2 spot in the 247Sports recruiting composite team rankings.

One position Texas A&M is hoping to land a stud is at running back, and Klein Collins 4-star Isaiah Spiller is one of the nation's best. The 4-star talent is ranked the No. 2 all-purpose back, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.

The original word was that Spiller was planning on making a decision before the start of his senior season. The buzz now is that Spiller could make a decision as early as the end of this week -- emphasis on "could."

If that happens, look for Spiller to choose between Texas A&M and Oklahoma. He's a one-time Oklahoma pledge who reopened his recruitment in April to explore all of his options. Spiller has 21 reported offers.

Texas A&M is hoping to bring a legacy home. Spiller is the son of Fred Spiller, who played tight end for the Aggies.

New York DE Isaac taking his time

One of the big questions with the 2019 class involves Brooklyn, New York, defensive end Adisa Isaac and his interest in the program. The good news: He's interested. The better news: He claims no leaders at this time.

Isaac has only taken one official visit so far -- to Texas A&M -- and he doesn't have a set timeline for making a verbal commitment.

"I want to take some of the visits in the fall that I didn't get to take in the summer," Isaac told 247Sports. "I don't know any of the official visit I will take yet. I want to try to take one in late July, if I can, and then the rest in the fall, probably."

2020 OL wants the '5-star' to block for

GigEm247 spoke with 2020 offensive line commit Josh Bankhead earlier this week. While he's excited about the future of the program, he's also hoping to block for the best.

When asked if there was one commit he'd love to see committed, North Shore's Zachary Evans was his answer. Evans is the top-ranked running back in the 2020 class and the No. 5 overall player in the 247Sports Composite. Texas A&M is one of the schools to watch in his recruitment, along with Alabama, LSU and Texas.

"He's a 5-star. The dude is an animal," Bankhead said. "If you see his film, he'll hurdle one guy and truck the next. Him running behind us ... I couldn't think of a better offense."

Bankhead added he and Evans are former select league teammates, so he's hoping to reunite that tandem. Evans was one of the few underclassmen selected to compete at The Opening Finals in Frisco, Texas. He played for Team Impact.

"He's not a talker; he's a doer," Bankhead said of Evans. "He's a really big target for A&M, and I'm trying my best to get him to commit without forcing his hand."

September visit for QB target Daniels?

As 247Sports' Blair Angulo reported, San Bernadino, California, 4-star quarterback Jayden Daniels is interested in getting to College Station for an official visit. While the Aggies have a quarterback committed in 3-star Zach Calzada, Daniels said he's hoping to make it to Texas A&M in September.

"I definitely want to get out to Texas A&M to see how it is," Daniels told Angulo. "I know they took a commit, too, but I want to get out there on an official for sure, hopefully early in the season when they play Clemson."

Regardless of the quarterback position, you go after a talented player like Daniels. He's nationally ranked the No. 2 dual-threat quarterback, and he's a top-100 player overall, per the 247Sports Composite. At Cajon High School, Daniels threw for 5,139 yards and 62 touchdowns with only five interceptions in 16 games last season. He also rushed for 1,292 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Daniels has official visits set to Cal (weekend of Sept. 1) and Utah (Sept. 15). The Texas A&M-Clemson game takes place on Sept. 8.

LqC6.gif

• Haha 1

Aggy has a great thread about their roster on Gigem. Someone posted a roster breakdown, and they realize 16 or more guys need to be gone by the end of next year, and them realizing how much garbage they have on their roster in the sophomore and junior classes. 

I think my favorite post was someone hoping 4 nobodies somehow leave early for the NFL

Edited by Neonmoon

7 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I love how they reference their number two ranked class. With so many early commits, the ranking has nowhere to go but down. It will he glorious to watch the fall. 

It's funny, we all know how this story ends but it's all they can hang their hat on (aside from being in the dadgum SEC)  Yet aggy just can't help wondering if this is finally the time for them even though BCS is one of those locations where it will never happen in the modern era.   

Aggy will always attract some good players, they always have one way or another.   But they can't attract enough good players to that shit hole to overcome the weird.  Paying fisher a gazillion dollars is just the icing on the cake, dude has to have the awareness to know where he is, and has a contract that will let him take the late Mack brown approach to recruiting so he can make more time for fishing or whatever the fuck he does.  

18 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

It's funny, we all know how this story ends but it's all they can hang their hat on (aside from being in the dadgum SEC)  Yet aggy just can't help wondering if this is finally the time for them even though BCS is one of those locations where it will never happen in the modern era.   

Aggy will always attract some good players, they always have one way or another.   But they can't attract enough good players to that shit hole to overcome the weird.  Paying fisher a gazillion dollars is just the icing on the cake, dude has to have the awareness to know where he is, and has a contract that will let him take the late Mack brown approach to recruiting so he can make more time for fishing or whatever the fuck he does.  

Fishing, shopping for man heels and  sitting in the corner jerking off while his wife or girlfriend gets long dicked

8 hours ago, Newy25 said:

I love how they reference their number two ranked class. With so many early commits, the ranking has nowhere to go but down. It will he glorious to watch the fall. 

They currently have 21 commits. Adding recruits they might land based on recent CBs (Zach Edwards, Jeffery Carter, David Ugwoegbu, Isaiah Spiller, Jalen Wydermeyer, Marcus Stripling gets them to 27 commits and 280.15 score. 

Things will obviously change but that would have ranked 9th in '18, 8th in '17, 8th in '16, 7th in '15, 5th in '14, 7th in '13. 

The only way aggy gets a top 5 class is if they take an absurd number like 30 in a class. 

Edited by texasstrong12

20 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They currently have 21 commits. Adding recruits they might land based on recent CBs (Zach Edwards, Jeffery Carter, David Ugwoegbu, Isaiah Spiller, Jalen Wydermeyer, Marcus Stripling gets them to 27 commits and 280.15 score. 

Things will obviously change but that would have ranked 9th in '18, 8th in '17, 8th in '16, 7th in '15, 5th in '14, 7th in '13. 

The only way aggy gets a top 5 class is if they take an absurd number like 30 in a class. 

Christian Harris gets them to 28 commits, what would he bump them up to?

22 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

You cant medically eat that much bread. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Those commits probably keep them slightly above a 90.00 composite.  That is until all those 3*'s get bumped to 4*'s that all the aggy are claiming.

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Those commits probably keep them slightly above a 90.00 composite.  That is until all those 3*'s get bumped to 4*'s that all the aggy are claiming.

Well once all that senior film hits the wire, it's inevitable.

Sumlin's transition class: 16th

Sumlin's first real class: 9th

Sumlin's second real class: 5th

Fisher's transition class: 17th

Fisher's first real class: My guess from the get go is they finish between 6th and 10th. 

Fisher's second real class: No clue but it will be  tough to top Sumlin's '14 class that finished 5th. 

My prediction is that Fisher's recruiting is not much different than Sumlin's recruiting. That may change if Fisher wins but I bet 3 years in Sumlin and Fisher's recruiting looks almost identical from a recruiting ranking perspective. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 3

I hope they are taking Zach Edwards the recent LSU decommit. 

Based on what I've read, Edwards showed up to one of their camps way overweight and ran a really slow 40. It sounds like his offer was pulled. It doesn't look like Miss State, in state school, has much interest either. 

Edited by texasstrong12

So aggy has signed or have a commit for 12 OL for last year, this year, and next with only 2 being legit Tackles in Hamm's water slide buddy and Trainor ( lulz ).  I guess you can throw in Green and they may have no choice but to put him at Tackle.  3 Tackles and 9 interior OL in a 3 cycle span.  Well done Jimbo and marine.  Aggy will be trotting out a future line of Barton Clement's and Jordan Jefferson's.

27 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

My prediction is that Fisher's recruiting is not much different than Sumlin's recruiting.. 

It’s almost as if there is a ceiling to recruiting athletes to a shithole town that is inhabited by cultist racists to a team that has as history of being dead square in the middle of the curve and hasn’t won shit in several decades.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Well yea.  With the guys currently in.  But they're gonna grey shirt those guys when all (ALL!) of the 5 stars want to jump on board after the season, remember?

"Jimbo didn’t promise a top 5 class, he promised a #1 or #2 class. "

Stupid sips just wait till we put a few dozen natty championships on the wall of Kroger stadium. Only then will you see the recruiting prowess of the marine, the klump and others. Who else would dare to trod the paths around the world to find the hidden untapped five star players, who would beg to play for the fighting farmers?

13 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

And that's not counting decommits.