Cavs vs. Celtics

Sidney Sherman

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:
It is.... a lot better.  You probably just didn't notice since the Mavs had a down year.

There's 2 teams worth a damn. Houston and GSW. The rest are so far back from them it isn't even competitive. Hence the shit ass playoffs. That makes it shitty to me.

I think the West had a ton of key injuries, Rubio, Boogie, Jimmy, Milsap, Steph(doesnt matter but),Kawhi Leonard

They dont put their teams at or near the same level as hou/GS...but those are some good players and the west is still clearly better since the 8th seed was 47 wins where the east was 44, 44,43 in 6-8 spots and a whole bunch of bad bottom feeders

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Weren't there some Celtics players who were chanting "we want Lebron" immediately after the Philly series?

I bet that they still want LeBron on their team. 

What's with the past tense - "weren't"?

Should be "aren't"!

4 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

I’m not going to address every one of you individually (sterling group of posters btw), I’ll just point out that by definition the sudden LEBRON IS GOAT talk is a hot take coming from a bunch of people who weren’t championing him as such during the Pacers series. That’s just a fact.

and ftr, as I said before, imo MJ is still the GOAT, but LeBron is the best player ever.

derka nobody gives a fuck about who started saying Lebron is the GOAT a month ago, 5 years ago, or tonight.

• Like 1

Marcus Smart shot 1-of-10 from the field during Sunday's Game 7 defeat, scoring four points with seven assists, four rebounds and one steal in 31 minutes.

The Celtics finished with a mere five turnovers but squandered that efficiency by shooting 34.1% as a team, including 7-of-39 from downtown. Since 1983 no NBA team has won a game (regular season or playoffs) while shooting 17.9% or worse on at least 39 attempts from deep. Jaylen Brown shot 5-of-18 from the field, Marcus Morris was 5-of-14, and Terry Rozier was 2-of-14, as brutal offense condemned Boston to a Game 7 loss on their home court.

This was bad, bad offense..... historically bad.  Almost no way Boston could have won.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

This was bad, bad offense..... historically bad.  Almost no way Boston could have won.

I only watched about 6-7 mins of the 1st qrt. They played through Horford a lot. Did they go away from that later?

How many teams have won a game 7 in Boston?

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

A lot of that was Lebron.

I've always thought that Lebron is the best defender in the league when he wants to be and in the 2nd half we saw that.  He was contesting everything, flying around on defense, and crowding the Celtics shooters making them generally uncomfortable.  It's just a shame that he can't give that effort because of all the other things that he's asked to do for the team.

That was he was able to give this kind of effort defensively while putting up 35-15-9 and playing 48 minutes in his 100th game of the season is just mind-bottling.

9 minutes ago, WJC88 said:

I only watched about 6-7 mins of the 1st qrt. They played through Horford a lot. Did they go away from that later?

How many teams have won a game 7 in Boston?

They did..... It was a lot of ISO on the wings and not a ton of inside out or screening about.  They looked terrified of the moment, except for Tatum and Horford and Horford missed 2-3 good looks in the 4th too.  Smart, Brown, Rozer, and Morris in the 2nd half were ungodly bad.  Some of it was forced shots early in the clock and some were just missed open looks.  When Cleveland went small, Boston didn't try and punish them underneath.  A couple of times Baynes had JR or Green on the block and they wouldn't even look his way.  Stevens is going to really hate watching this all summer....

Props to LBJ and the gang.

I gotta question Stevens coaching ability, though. He may not be the next big thing. How does a team only win one playoff game out of 8? Good coaching should at least be able to win a couple of those games. And how does he let Smart continually throw up terrible 3's?

10 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Props to LBJ and the gang.

I gotta question Stevens coaching ability, though. He may not be the next big thing. How does a team only win one playoff game out of 8? Good coaching should at least be able to win a couple of those games. And how does he let Smart continually throw up terrible 3's?

He lead a team to within one game of the finals without their two best players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Message Board User said:

For any other player, Kyrie not being in the building would be just weird.

But then, Myrie oops I mean Kyrie probably gives less than two shits about the Celtics, just as he didn't give shits about the Cavs when he was there.  Kyrie cares about Kyrie.

I'm really surprsied that wasn't a larger story.   I always felt like he wasn't exactly excited about the success they were having but not showing up for what could be the last game of the season is a bad look

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Did that man bun douche talk trash to the process or something?

Embiid was talking shit about dunking on Baynes...........after they lost the series.   Baynes basically told him to shut up cause he was at home on the couch.