CIA Chief: Jade Helm Was a Russian Plot

Aqua Buddha

Wish to God someone would ask Gov Hot Wheels about this since he mobilized the Guard:

Former CIA Director Michael Hayden said this week that Russian bots helped fuel a conspiracy theory that the Obama administration would use a 2015 military exercise to impose martial law in Texas.

Hayden, who led the CIA from 2006 to 2009 after serving as director of the National Security Agency, said Wednesday on MSNBC's “Morning Joe” as part of a book tour that Russians likely viewed their success in promoting the conspiracy theory at the time as a green light to try and influence the 2016 election.

“There was an exercise in Texas called Jade Helm 15 that Russian bots and the American alt-right media convinced most — many — Texans was an Obama plan to round up political dissidents, and it got so much traction that the governor of Texas had to call out the [state guard] to observe the federal exercise to keep the population calm,” Hayden said.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/cia/386156-ex-cia-chief-says-russian-bots-fueled-jade-helm-conspiracy

I was living in Bastrop during this time. It was a lot of fun to go to the VFW or a local bar and just sit and listen. Stores could not keep ammo on the shelf. 

But then this was a town that panicked when retardants were used on the wildfire. "yeah, that might cause cancer, but go ahead and let your house burn down." 

I remember a lot of us who had been in the military, plus plenty of analysts online and in the MSM, looked at the units that were publicly named as being involved, and what the publicly-stated goals were, and looked at the actual size of the operational areas (very widespread across Texas and other states) and rightfully concluded that they were about to ramp up operations in Syria with US Army Special Forces (seriously, the size of the area was an almost perfect 1:1 representation of the size of Syria).

But people chose to believe Russian bots and Alex Jones and that Walmarts had underground prisons.  Sounds about right.

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I remember a lot of us who had been in the military, plus plenty of analysts online and in the MSM, looked at the units that were publicly named as being involved, and what the publicly-stated goals were, and looked at the actual size of the operational areas (very widespread across Texas and other states) and rightfully concluded that they were about to ramp up operations in Syria with US Army Special Forces (seriously, the size of the area was an almost perfect 1:1 representation of the size of Syria).

But people chose to believe Russian bots and Alex Jones and that Walmarts had underground prisons.  Sounds about right.

Don't forget about the fleet of Blue Bell trucks repurposed as hearses. 

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

There is a thin line between trying to present yourself as a subject matter expert, and just being an annoying message board guy. 

Or does Hugo work for The Company? Has he been sent here to counteract the Russkies trolling us and keep Horn message boards safely American?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Don't forget about the fleet of Blue Bell trucks repurposed as hearses. 

That was one of my favorites.

Look, I have to acknowledge this -- over the last couple of years, is there any place in the world MORE fun to be than a Russian troll farm?  I think not.  Seriously, the guys get to sit around, drinking vodka, and coming up with absolutely OUTLANDISH bullshit....all of which ends up believed.

"Oh yeah, Yuri?  You've got them believing the US Army is invading....the US?  I'll do one even better -- I'll tell them there are secret jails, ummm....underneath their Wal-Mart stores!"

"Sure, Oleg, that's good.  But how about this -- I"ll tell them that their precious Blue Bell ice cream trucks are going to carry all of the dead bodies!"

[lots of Russian laughter, vodka glasses klinking, and stupid fucking Americans believing every outlandish fucking word the trolls can type]

Our country is too stupid to survive.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That was one of my favorites.

Look, I have to acknowledge this -- over the last couple of years, is there any place in the world MORE fun to be than a Russian troll farm?  I think not.  Seriously, the guys get to sit around, drinking vodka, and coming up with absolutely OUTLANDISH bullshit....all of which ends up believed.

"Oh yeah, Yuri?  You've got them believing the US Army is invading....the US?  I'll do one even better -- I'll tell them there are secret jails, ummm....underneath their Wal-Mart stores!"

"Sure, Oleg, that's good.  But how about this -- I"ll tell them that their precious Blue Bell ice cream trucks are going to carry all of the dead bodies!"

[lots of Russian laughter, vodka glasses klinking, and stupid fucking Americans believing every outlandish fucking word the trolls can type]

Our country is too stupid to survive.

And what made it even more genius was that even while it was ramping up paranoia, it was undermining Texan patriotism by reinforcing the then-new association of our national ice cream with death. 

40 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Convenient bogeyman

The funny thing is the Russians are masters of propagating the convenient bogeymen.

George Soros

Globalist Zionist Cabal

CIA Conspiracy Theories 

The Deep State

ANTIFA

The Evil American Surveillance State

”Secret Society”

Black Lives Matter as a terrorist organization 

9/11 was an inside job

The Russians love pushing these narratives in the American information space because they want Americans to distrust each other and hopefully start killing each other.

Just to be clear, the Russians are not to be feared and they’re not really bogeymen at all. They’re pussy ass bitches that like to troll and fuck with us.  

Unfortunately we have too many suckers in our population that allow themselves to be fucked with.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz