Notre Dame V. Florida State. And Holy Shit...

Wally Pryor

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Both of these offenses.. Jesus. 

I hate ND but I’m a fan of their DC Marcus Freeman. I’ve followed him since he was a linebacker at tOSU. He had a brief stint in the NFL then coached LB’s at Kent State for former Buckeye WR and assistant head coach Darrell Hazel. He followed Hazell to Purdue to do the same job. Hazell didn’t succeed. But Freeman’s former LB coach at tOSU Luke Fickell hired him on when he took the Cincinnati job. Now Freeman is the DC at Notre Dame. It’s kind of crazy to watch his ascent through the coaching ranks. I don’t know what to read into it but I’ve heard conjecture in the local media that Marcus might be the head coach in waiting if Brian Kelly retires. I’d rather not see that happen. Then I’d be seriously conflicted. But he’s someone to keep an eye on.

He’s also best friends with and former roommate of James Laurinaitis who I’m pretty sure still owns the record for the most tackles for the Rams. He has a local radio show now so can offer some good insight on all sorts of things regarding Luke Fickell. Those stories are awesome. And if Cincy joins the Big 12, maybe Fick will stick around.

7 minutes ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

ND going to lose this game, bunch of overrated sons of bitches. After the crazy COVID year, rankings are all screwed up. 

I’m expecting ND to break it open in the 2nd half. I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

That’s a good start to me being wrong. But it’s still early.

Edited by WhatTheBuck

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I hate ND but I’m a fan of their DC Marcus Freeman. I’ve followed him since he was a linebacker at tOSU. He had a brief stint in the NFL then coached LB’s at Kent State for former Buckeye WR and assistant head coach Darrell Hazel. He followed Hazell to Purdue to do the same job. Hazell didn’t succeed. But Freeman’s former LB coach at tOSU Luke Fickell hired him on when he took the Cincinnati job. Now Freeman is the DC at Notre Dame. It’s kind of crazy to watch his ascent through the coaching ranks. I don’t know what to read into it but I’ve heard conjecture in the local media that Marcus might be the head coach in waiting if Brian Kelly retires. I’d rather not see that happen. Then I’d be seriously conflicted. But he’s someone to keep an eye on.

He’s also best friends with and former roommate of James Laurinaitis who I’m pretty sure still owns the record for the most tackles for the Rams. He has a local radio show now so can offer some good insight on all sorts of things regarding Luke Fickell. Those stories are awesome. And if Cincy joins the Big 12, maybe Fick will stick around.

Angry Harrison Ford GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3