Verruckt a "deadly weapon"

MrPhlegm

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The hotel didn't have an in-house restaurant worth a shit

As much as I shit on Schlitterbahn... my kids and wife have worked there (along with numerous friends and their kids) and I think the place is run by teenagers (I'm not really joking here - it is mostly teenagers) and I find their employee services to be quite lacking, there are parts that I do like.

Their IT department is pretty on their game. My kids do everything electronically via text and apps, for the most part. Schedules etc. all digital.

And to the point of the quote above, at the South Padre park, it seems like Jeff built a restaurant there that was what he wanted called Sea 4 Ever. Its on top of the hotel that faces the gulf and has nice views and good food. The same park also has Shrimp Haus over by Boogie Bahn.

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

As much as I shit on Schlitterbahn... my kids and wife have worked there (along with numerous friends and their kids) and I think the place is run by teenagers (I'm not really joking here - it is mostly teenagers) and I find their employee services to be quite lacking, there are parts that I do like.

Their IT department is pretty on their game. My kids do everything electronically via text and apps, for the most part. Schedules etc. all digital.

And to the point of the quote above, at the South Padre park, it seems like Jeff built a restaurant there that was what he wanted called Sea 4 Ever. Its on top of the hotel that faces the gulf and has nice views and good food. The same park also has Shrimp Haus over by Boogie Bahn.

How much did he pay marky mark to carve that into his chest

• 4 weeks later...

Schlitterbahn opens in KCK today, but 11 rides remain closed

Pretty much any ride that requires direct interaction with staff to operate is not open.

Regulators from the Kansas Department of Labor visited Schlitterbahn Vacation Village on May 16 and 17. That visit resulted in an audit report that identified a total of 160 findings on the 11 rides at the water park, most of them requiring immediate attention from its Texas-based operator.

Auditors found key documents — daily and annual inspection reports, ride manufacturer maintenance and operation manuals, trainer qualification records, among others — were not made available during their visit.

https://www.dol.ks.gov/Files/PDF/SchlitterbahnAuditReport.pdf

How slow are these chuckleheads? You know the state is watching every fucking move you make. You, the actual waterpark, are indicted for involuntary manslaughter. I'd be bending over backwards to keep the state happy before I see my entire operation shut down. Manuals and inspection reports are very basic information. A crisis team, HAHAHA its Schlitterbahn I know that would never happen but stay with me, should have been on this day 1 after the kid's head fell off. They should have dotted every I, crossed every T instead of going to a teenage employee's house to get him to change his report.

Schlitterbahn death case expands with 2 maintenance workers charged, focus on brakes  

The indictment says Hughes and Zalsman were interviewed by Kansas Bureau of Investigation special agents, who asked why a brake mat meant to slow the raft carrying riders on Verruckt had not been repaired after it fell off on July 28, 2016, days before Caleb Schwab's fatal ride.

Hughes and Zalsman allegedly told the KBI agents that the brake mat never existed on the incline of the second ascent of Verruckt after it opened to the public in 2014.

A third maintenance worker was shown a screenshot from a rider's GoPro camera that showed the brake mat was in place on June 10, 2016, long after the park had opened and just 18 days before it allegedly fell off, according to the indictment.

Yeah, lying to the popo aint gonna help the case. And Schlitterbahn is still run by children. My daughter is 15 so she can only be a shallow water lifeguard, that's cool, and actually almost the entire NB park is classified by them as shallow water. Except the other day, they had her work a spot that is for deep water certified lifeguards only, which she is not. Probably not going to hurt anything, she's still gonna do her job, but whatever additional training they get when they deep up.. she don't have.

4 minutes ago, bularry1 said:

there is a difference in lifeguard certification for deep and shallow pools?  news to me, as all 3 of my kids were lifeguards starting at 15 and all worked at our local pool with deep end and diving board.

Note that this is at Schlitterbahn. They have a company they use, Ellis & Associates, and Schlitterbahn makes a pretty big deal that there are 2 types of lifeguards that work there and you have to apply to deep up. So yep, at Schlitterbahn, there is.

Was the kids head severed completely from his body or was it just an internal decapitation where his head was still attached?
Sounds like a little of both

"Melanie Gocke told CNN: "I heard the noise, and I looked over immediately, and I saw his broken neck and him sliding down the slide leaving a blood trail."

Her friend Jess Sanford added: "I only saw Caleb slide down the last half of the slide, and then I saw the blood.

"His friend was screaming for help and I think that's when staff members and medics and stuff started running."

It appeared those who reached him first "just realised he was dead and didn't try to revive him", she added."

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article220565400.html

So alledgedly Jeff Henry was dealing meth and buying sex while up in the KC area

Damnit, beat me to it! This is my rag on Schlitterbahn thread, not yours. ;)

The crimes allegedly happened on July 13 — one day after he had a court hearing in Wyandotte County.

Way to keep your nose clean there, Jeff.  Oh well, meth heads gonna meth head.

• 2 months later...

Schlitterbahn defense attorneys want charges dismissed, say Kansas AG abused grand jury

During a hearing in Wyandotte County court on Friday, attorneys for Jeff Henry, Tyler Miles, John Schooley and Schlitterbahn corporate entities said grand jurors heard improper evidence that unfairly prejudiced their clients.

words words

it’s rare to use grand juries in Kansas.

That's interesting. It's common as hell around here.

Also, while searching for other Shitterbahn (that's german a water park run by incompetent people that will kill you)

Schlitterbahn Water Park won't say whether it plans to open this year

My guess is that all of Schlitterbahn is having issues, having overstretched themselves opening the new parks. And the one in Corpus now under new ownership and Kansas well, Kansas.

Edited by relapse98

• 3 weeks later...

Judge dismisses charges over boy's death on Schlitterbahn water slide

Wyandotte County Judge Robert Burns found Friday that state prosecutors showed grand jurors inadmissible evidence in dismissing second-degree murder charges against Schlitterbahn owner Jeff Henry and designer John Schooley. The judge also dismissed an involuntary manslaughter charge against operations manager Tyler Miles.

God damn, you had 1 job.

Oh well, still got the drug and prostitution charge.

6 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Judge dismisses charges over boy's death on Schlitterbahn water slide

God damn, you had 1 job.

Oh well, still got the drug and prostitution charge.

Dismissed without prejudice, or with prejudice? Meaning, can the DA go back and present properly limited evidence to a new grand jury?  I don't know Kansas law at all.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dismissed without prejudice, or with prejudice? Meaning, can the DA go back and present properly limited evidence to a new grand jury?  I don't know Kansas law at all.

Maybe https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article226632094.html

The Attorney General can return to the grand jury to seek another round of criminal charges. The office can also pursue charges through a preliminary hearing, a more common route in Kansas for a criminal case.

• 2 months later...

Kansas Schlitterbahn where boy died appears unlikely to open

A Kansas water park where a 10-year-old boy was decapitated isn't hiring lifeguards, advertising or selling tickets with less than a month left before its typical Memorial Day weekend opening date, underlining speculation that it could be put up for sale.

Schlitterbahn remains mum on its plans

Only the Henry family could fuck up the Schlitterbahn cash cow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

How long until they sell out to Disney?

They would royally fuck that one up. 2 of the brothers are no longer talking to each other after their fuckup in Corpus - which is now owned by IBC Bank and has a new name.

I wonder what ever happened to Jeff's giant private plane - there's some stories with that one , too.

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

They would royally fuck that one up. 2 of the brothers are no longer talking to each other after their fuckup in Corpus - which is now owned by IBC Bank and has a new name.

I wonder what ever happened to Jeff's giant private plane - there's some stories with that one , too.

It may not be up to the family to sell at some point.  

This is from last August, and Gary says they are fine financially. 

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/jeff-henry-verruckt-schlitterbahns-tragic-slide/

EPR Properties, the real estate investment trust in Kansas City that loaned Schlitterbahn $174 million for its Kansas park, has warned its investors that the criminal indictments could hurt Schlitterbahn’s chances of repaying its loan, which might force EPR to foreclose on the park, along with the parks in New Braunfels and South Padre Island, which had been put up as collateral for the loan. Last year a bank in Corpus Christi that held roughly $32 million in debt on that city’s Schlitterbahn took ownership of the park, after plans for an attached resort quintupled in size and  the project’s costs ballooned, eventually forcing the property into foreclosure. (Schlitterbahn continues to manage the park.)

• 1 month later...

Schlitterbahn New Braunfels to be sold as part of $261 million agreement

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company has signed a $261 million definitive agreement to acquire Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resort in New Braunfels and Galveston.

Our South Padre waterpark and resort will be owned by one of the Henry families and in time will be re-branded. Corpus Christi will remain a Diamond Beach property.

And another article mentioned that Cedar Fair can buy the now shuttered Kansas park for $6 million.

I've read that Schlitterbahn has a $190 million mortgage on Kansas and NB/Galveston are the collateral. Somehow I don't see the Henry's walking away with $261 clear and free.

The Henrys will still own South Padre and rebrand it. As I understand it, that was always Jeff's baby and I think he's been living there and not the compound outside of NB lately.

Edited by relapse98

Here's the link where you can rent at the compound in NB.  There are a virtual shit ton of houses on that property, along with a virtual fuck ton of trash. You can google cloud lane new braunfels and see some of what was there, then they added in all the shit from the old NBGS office on 35 @ 337 and really junked up the place.

8 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Here's the link where you can rent at the compound in NB.  There are a virtual shit ton of houses on that property, along with a virtual fuck ton of trash. You can google cloud lane new braunfels and see some of what was there, then they added in all the shit from the old NBGS office on 35 @ 337 and really junked up the place.

Thanks a lot of trash. Probably a pretty popular place for homesick okies. 

On 5/7/2019 at 4:59 PM, Wally Fairway said:

I can't see Disney having any interest in a niche like Schlitterbahn, but Six Flags, Cedar Fair and maybe SeaWorld Parks

Disney does have two waterparks in Orlando, but yeah, they ain't touching a waterpark in Kansas.  Especially one with a decapitation on its resume.

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Atlantic did a big write-up and a 10-minute video.

https://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/595981/water-slide/

Holy shit was there a lot of blood.

I think a lot of this footage being from an entertainment show about roller coasters is a little misleading since they play up the drama but Henry's comments about the engineer's and "smart guys" being wrong looks pretty bad.