[Surly Horns Official] Oklahoma State Burnt Ends/Treefiddy Tailgate - LBJ Lawn 8AM SATURDAY

immamac

50 minutes ago, immamac said:

I won't be there for the KState game, but the tent will be up and the coolers will be stocked. No TV, but there won't be other games going on anyway. Does someone want to pick up the booze for the tailgate? 

I can do that, and I can bring a tv.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

Damnit, I walked right by y’all.  Thanks to whoever suggested that parking just north of there for $30, i absolutely hate not knowing where I’m going to park for ACL/games/etc, they ended up shunting us off to Oldham St.

I couldn’t remember where exactly y’all were at, and I was already a nervous mess desperate for a drink…so the thought of walking up all “I’m from the internet, here is my wife and friends who are not from the internet…kindly do not mention that I posted a neck-down photo of said wife just the other day in the game week thread” was not appealing as my pulse was already like 95bpm.   Also given I’ve only been around this community a decade and am not a 20k+ rep Surly Star, figured my handle wouldn’t be widely recognized anyways.  

Once the game started, the first quarter was going exactly how I feared and I couldn’t sit there smiling with my celebrating wife/friends anymore…I shoulda pulled a ‘daddy went to buy cigarettes and never came home’ move and said hi.  Before the pick six I’m sure one of you woulda adopted me anyways.  

Im sorry one of us had to lose that game as Horns are generally always chill people and I highly respect the university and fans as a whole. This place can have an intimidating quality but I know in person it’d be all laughs and ‘holy shit I internet too!’   

If I go to a game again I’ll make a showing, so long as it’s not OSU…going into the belly of the beast doesn’t have me at my best, hopefully y’all understand why.  

5F100EA3-AD72-40CE-9B11-32E853FDD47F.jpeg

Edited by Homercles
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, justhookit said:

Wait this wasn’t a bad dream?

9C6BCF0E-7A23-40D0-83B1-62DDA12EBBE5.jpeg

I think I was talking to your wife about our MIS degrees before I got distracted with some other craziness behind me.

I ended up parking at the Hancock HEB and taking an uber to Dean Keaton

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Viper said:

I thought he was referring to the outcome of the game

3 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

I thought he was referring to Immamac. 

3 hours ago, WinningIsHard said:

Surly, it was just a joke man. I wouldn’t fuck any of y’all, I apparently didn’t do very good of conveying that haha. My bad man, don’t take it to heart. 

I’d rep all of these more if I could.

I showed up towards the end, right after I received confirmation that @BurntOrange&White would not be there. In any event, good seeing @Viper again and got to meet the lovely @Nicole44. @SydneyCarton was also there, but nothing is ever perfect, is it?

Thanks for providing a place to meet up, @immamac. If you're doing it at the Kansas game, I'll stop by and grift some of your food and drinks again. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I showed up towards the end, right after I received confirmation that @BurntOrange&White would not be there. In any event, good seeing @Viper again and got to meet the lovely @Nicole44. @SydneyCarton was also there, but nothing is ever perfect, is it?

Thanks for providing a place to meet up, @immamac. If you're doing it at the Kansas game, I'll stop by and grift some of your food and drinks again. 

Awesome meeting you also! Tailgate is a blast. I ended up not making it to the stadium even though I had tickets lol. Wound up hanging at the tailgate the whole game. Just a few drinks I had. Very much looking forward to Kansas tailgate! Really have enjoyed meeting all of y’all! 

• Hook 'Em 2