Jump to content

[Blank] is a Gigantic Pussy


DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt
 Share

Recommended Posts

Texas is making good to great hires in the other sports. Texas continues to make bad hires in football. 

If this isn't the BoR and BMDs who is the problem? The answer seems pretty logical to me. The only sport the BMDs and BoR continue to get involved in just happens to be the sport we continue to hire shit coaches in. 

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Texas is making good to great hires in the other sports. Texas continues to make bad hires in football. 

If this isn't the BoR and BMDs who is the problem? The answer seems pretty logical to me. The only sport the BMDs and BoR continue to get involved in just happens to be the sport we continue to hire shit coaches in. 

 

 

Yeah but we can't trust CDC he's a fraud. 

  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah but we can't trust CDC he's a fraud. 

I will say I think CDC has made some bad decisions with NIL but I'm not sure how much he's actually involved with that either. If CTJ is to believed, then he's making some bad decisions with NIL. 

But I just don't buy the argument that his hiring is the problem when A) He's hired nothing but good coaches in the other sports and B) Eltife is the one that hired Sark. 

I don't know if CDC is the answer as the AD for the football program but there are much bigger problems in play on a basic level. I.e. fools making hires in football that have no experience at such tasks. We're making top 10 hires in every other sport but somehow we continue to end up with very meh hires in football. 

Edited by texasstrong12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas is making good to great hires in the other sports. Texas continues to make bad hires in football. 

If this isn't the BoR and BMDs who is the problem? The answer seems pretty logical to me. The only sport the BMDs and BoR continue to get involved in just happens to be the sport we continue to hire shit coaches in. 

 

 

Agree but Mike White's contract is rounding error in the athletic budget. Football staff not so much.  Which means we need the rich assholes to pony up to hire a coach. Which means they have to get involved. Which is why we keep fucking up.

 

Another issue is we think we're hot shit and we just have to hire some superstar with skins on the wall and lengthy head coaching experience. I'd have to think the 2021 version of Royal would even get a nibble of interest from our administration now.  It's a total shitshow.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bschoolprof said:

Agree but Mike White's contract is rounding error in the athletic budget. Football staff not so much.  Which means we need the rich assholes to pony up to hire a coach. Which means they have to get involved. Which is why we keep fucking up.

 

Another issue is we think we're hot shit and we just have to hire some superstar with skins on the wall and lengthy head coaching experience. I'd have to think the 2021 version of Royal would even get a nibble of interest from our administration now.  It's a total shitshow.  

I agree with the first part but not sure about the second part. 

Herman had 1 good year as head coach. Sark has never really had a great year as a head coach. I'm not saying you have to hire a coach "with skins on the wall" but compare our football hires to Beard, White, Schaefer, Floreal and they can't touch their resumes. 

Maybe it's because there are better coaches in those sports or maybe our BoR/BMDs are just flat out awful at hiring coaches? I think CDC has been making great hires because he is hiring coaches with skins on the wall but that gets back to the point that Sark doesn't fit his profile at all in terms of hires. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Where have you gone Randolph Duke?

Surly turns its lonely eye to you

Woo woo woo

What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson

Kevin Eltife's number one hater has left and gone away

Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

So the Frenchman is on Randy’s shit list? Eager to learn more. 🤢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

So the Frenchman is on Randy’s shit list? Eager to learn more. 🤢

He called out Eltife after OU and we all laughed and pointed at stupid Randolph Duke who was ahead of his time. He may have imploded after aggy beat Bama. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i'm starting to think the nil holdup is plonsky-ish

if we pay $100k/year to everyone on football scholarship, what is the annual baseball salary?  what is the annual basketball salary?  and in plonskyland, quid-pro-quo those numbers to volleyball, softball and women's hoops

Plonsky has been the convenient boogeyman for everything that ails Texas for a long time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i'm starting to think the nil holdup is plonsky-ish
if we pay $100k/year to everyone on football scholarship, what is the annual baseball salary?  what is the annual basketball salary?  and in plonskyland, quid-pro-quo those numbers to volleyball, softball and women's hoops
I'm no expert on NIL but I thought it was pretty clear the schools can't make payments? Isn't NIL monwy all up to boosters and friends of the program? How is Plonsky or anyone keeping NIL money from the players?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just glad I haven't paid for parking this year.  

And I get to park pretty close to the gaping shitshow our program has become.  

Pretty sweet-smelling, foul deal I get. I mean you'd be surprised.  Right up there in the taint of the stadium area.   Super close.

Edited by Lobo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theaveragejon said:

Then give us names and let’s fuck them out of influence. Goddamnit how can aggy, OU, Baylor etc etc get fucking hires right but we can’t.

Goddamnit this FSU/Tennessee/Nebraska level ineptness. 

Steve Sarkisian had a head coaching resume for everyone involved to see. 

We hired him anyway.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Top 10 finishes prior to Texas as a head coach: 

Beard (2 elite 8s at Tech)

Schaefer (3 elite 8s at Miss State and it would have been 4 if not for Covid)

White (5 WCWS appearances at Oregon which = top 8 team)

Floreal (a ton of top 10 finishes at the NCAA championships but I don't want to look it up). 

Herman (1 top 10 finish prior to Texas at UH)

Sarkisian (0 top 10 finishes prior to Texas) 

CDC hired coaches that have proven to be top 10 coaches and not so much with our BoR and BMDs. It's fairly easy to recognize this. Wait and watch for the next soccer hire too.....you want to bet it's another top 10 caliber coach? 

 

Edited by texasstrong12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Top 10 finishes prior to Texas as a head coach: 

Beard (2 elite 8s at Tech)

Schaefer (3 elite 8s at Miss State and it would have been 4 if not for Covid)

White (5 WCWS appearances at Oregon which = top 8 team)

Floreal (a ton of top 10 finishes at the NCAA championships but I don't want to look it up). 

Herman (1 top 10 finish prior to Texas at UH)

Sarkisian (0 top 10 finishes prior to Texas) 

CDC hired coaches that have proven to be top 10 coaches and not so much with our BoR and BMDs. It's fairly easy to recognize this. Wait and watch for the next soccer hire too.....you want to bet it's another top 10 caliber coach? 

 

Okay, but 95% of our football team and their coaches are still soft pussies.

Edited by TexArcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i'm starting to think the nil holdup is plonsky-ish

if we pay $100k/year to everyone on football scholarship, what is the annual baseball salary?  what is the annual basketball salary?  and in plonskyland, quid-pro-quo those numbers to volleyball, softball and women's hoops

You seem to have zero understanding about how NIL works.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think the argument that "Sark was a very meh hire" and the "roster sucks" are mutually exclusive. This roster is god awful and any coach would suck with this roster of pussies. 

 

Agree, but Tom Herman had us 7-3 last year and probably would've had us 10-3 if we didn't have the other three games canceled.  Pretty sure we would've beaten Kansas.  And it's mostly the same roster.  And Tom Herman still sucks.

Edited by TexArcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TexArcher said:

Okay, but Tom Herman had us 7-3 last year and probably would've had us 10-3 if we didn't have the other three games canceled.  Pretty sure we would've beaten Kansas.  And it's mostly the same roster.  And Tom Herman still sucks.

Tom almost got himself fired in 2019. He needed a last second field goal to save his job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TexArcher said:

Okay, but Tom Herman had us 7-3 last year and probably would've had us 10-3 if we didn't have the other three games canceled.  Pretty sure we would've beaten Kansas.  And it's mostly the same roster.  And Tom Herman still sucks.

Herman is a better coach than Sark. 

But he also had Ehlinger (much better QB than anything we have), Ossai (much better edge than anything we have), and Cosmi (much better tackle than anything we have). 

At 3 of arguably the most important positions we went from good players to complete shit. This was a 5-5 team last year without Ossai if you ask me. We definitely lose to Oklahoma State without Ossai and I could probably find another loss. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Herman is a better coach than Sark. 

But he also had Ehlinger (much better QB than anything we have), Ossai (much better edge than anything we have), and Cosmi (much better tackle than anything we have). 

At 3 of arguably the most important positions we went from good players to complete shit. This was a 5-5 team last year without Ossai if you ask me. We definitely lose to Oklahoma State without Ossai and I could probably find another loss. 

 

Sure, but we added Xavier Worthy and Bijan is more seasoned.

Perhaps a better way to put it is: what do you think our record would've been last season with that same roster and this season's coaching staff?

It sure as shit ain't 7-3...

And I don't believe for one second that "any coach" would be 4-6 with this year's group...

Edited by TexArcher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TexArcher said:

Sure, but we added Xavier Worthy and Bijan is more seasoned.

Perhaps a better way to put it is: what do you think our record would've been last season with that same roster and this season's coaching staff?

It sure as shit ain't 7-3...

 

About the same. Anywhere from 5-5 or 7-3 depending how things went.

It took double OT to beat Tech, OT win over Oklahoma State, and 4 point win over WV to even get to 7-3. This roster was already very average under Herman and that was with Ehlinger, Ossai and Cosmi. 

When a true FR (Worthy) is a player you have to rely on it tells you how shit the roster is. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Texas is making good to great hires in the other sports. Texas continues to make bad hires in football. 

If this isn't the BoR and BMDs who is the problem? The answer seems pretty logical to me. The only sport the BMDs and BoR continue to get involved in just happens to be the sport we continue to hire shit coaches in. 

 

 

Wait last week you told us it’s the players? Now you’re admitting sark is a bad hire? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

About the same. Anywhere from 5-5 or 7-3 depending how things went.

It took double OT to beat Tech, OT win over Oklahoma State, and 4 point win over WV to even get to 7-3. This roster was already very average under Herman and that was with Ehlinger, Ossai and Cosmi. 

When a true FR (Worthy) is a player you have to rely on it tells you how shit the roster is. 

 

I think we mostly agree.  I'm not saying this roster is something better than it is.  I'm saying that last year's record is worse with Sark and this year's record is better with Herman.  And that doesn't change the fact that Herman is a pretty sub-par football coach, at least for a program that's allegedly this big.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Wait last week you told us it’s the players? Now you’re admitting sark is a bad hire? 

I've never said Sark was a good hire. 

His resume was bad when hired. My argument is that these things aren't mutually exclusive. The roster sucks and there are coaching problems. You didn't understand my argument at all. 

And yes, I still think the players are mostly to blame for our ineptitude. That doesn't mean Sark was a good hire-he wasn't based on his resume. Sark has made some very good assistant hires, IMO, that haven't produced so far. 

Edited by texasstrong12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I think we mostly agree.  I'm not saying this roster is something better than it is.  I'm saying that last year's record is worse with Sark and this year's record is better with Herman.  And that doesn't change the fact that Herman is a pretty sub-par football coach, at least for a program that's allegedly this big.

who do you have as a battering ram qb this year for Herman?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

I've never said Sark was a good hire. 

His resume was bad when hired. My argument is that these things aren't mutually exclusive. The roster sucks and there are coaching problems. You didn't understand my argument at all. 

And yes, I still think the players are mostly to blame for our ineptitude. That doesn't mean Sark was a good hire-he wasn't based on his resume. 

Yea I did, you went off about how amazing iowa st is and said that’s why we lost. Yesterday was proof. Our coaching blows dick. You don’t lose to Kansas at home and say your roster blows. No one that knows anything about football would ever say that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Yea I did, you went off about how amazing iowa st is and said that’s why we lost. Yesterday was proof. Our coaching blows dick. You don’t lose to Kansas at home and say your roster blows. No one that knows anything about football would ever say that. 

No, you simply can't read. Here's a response to you in that very thread. I responded to you multiple times saying it was both a coaching and roster issue. I'm fairly certain you don't understand what mutually exclusive means and that's the biggest issue (lulz).  

"Why can't both be true?

Sark needs to be better at adjusting and the roster sucks. Iowa State is about to have 5 to 7 times as many NFL draft picks than us and people think we are more talented. Hell, we probably won't have as many draft picks in the next 3 years as Iowa State has this year. 

If there's this huge talent point me to the NFL players."

 

 

Edited by texasstrong12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JMFP said:
2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:
i'm starting to think the nil holdup is plonsky-ish
if we pay $100k/year to everyone on football scholarship, what is the annual baseball salary?  what is the annual basketball salary?  and in plonskyland, quid-pro-quo those numbers to volleyball, softball and women's hoops

I'm no expert on NIL but I thought it was pretty clear the schools can't make payments? Isn't NIL monwy all up to boosters and friends of the program? How is Plonsky or anyone keeping NIL money from the players?

The only real role for the University/AD is reviewing the contracts for compliance.

Clearly, Del Conte is not going to do that, he's going to delegate it to someone, but he may "set a tone" for it, probably with guidance from the administration and BOR.  As in, keep it clean, or make it happen.  Or find a way to cheat.  Plonsky sounds exactly like someone that might have her fingers all up in that pie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...