NFL Week 11

Beantown Express 2.0

I think @Blotto is the one that hates him, he’ll really love this. 

One of the NFL's most unique players, Taysom Hill, agreed to one of the league's most unique contract extensions Monday with the New Orleans Saints.

Sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter that Hill's new deal will pay him $40 million over the next four years if he remains in his current role in which he serves as backup quarterback, running back, wide receiver and tight end, as well as a special teams ace. However, the deal can be worth up to $95 million if Hill becomes the Saints' starting quarterback over the next four years.

The deal includes $22.5 million in guarantees. Hill, 31, was scheduled to become a free agent after this season after he signed a two-year, $21 million extension with the Saints in 2020.

The Saints had some salary-cap incentive to get an extension done with Hill before his contract voided next spring. They would have been hit with $8.9 million in dead-money charges against the cap when his contract expired - and now they can spread those cap charges over future seasons.

But the Saints (5-5) are also showing how much they still value Hill as part of their offense going forward, even though he lost the starting quarterback battle to Jameis Winston this summer and has not yet overtaken current starter Trevor Siemian in the role.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32692297/new-orleans-saints-taysom-hill-agree-four-year-deal-pays-according-position-sources-say

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Don't hate the guy, I just don't get why they pay him that much money for such a minor contribution. If he's the backup QB, wtf is Trevor Simeon doing starting games in place of injured Jameis? Hill has a combined 158 yds rushing and receiving this year, and he's getting $10+ million.

2 minutes ago, NAVY said:

This is the first MNF game I’ve watched in forever. Peyton, Eli and Condoleezza… what is this sorcery? 

Tinkering with game presentation because ratings have been shit for years? 

I dig 

They’ve been very entertaining .. Eli flipped double birds one game.  Marshawn Lynch dropped a couple of F-bombs another.  Great TV ..

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, NAVY said:

This is the first MNF game I’ve watched in forever. Peyton, Eli and Condoleezza… what is this sorcery? 

Tinkering with game presentation because ratings have been shit for years? 

I dig 

They should make tablets they can pull from the ceiling that have access to all of the camera angles so they can showcase plays they are predicting or explaining. The ones on the table (without a fixed stand) are a pain to write on while looking in the camera. 

42 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Edelman on with Payton and Eli is the best so far.

Damn I don't want to like Edelman. Can't help it.

Agree. Edelman jawing over the vid of Gronk and Brady talking on the sideline was hilarious. Very Mystery Science Theater

Edited by NAVY
Clarity
  • Rage+1 1

16 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Jones is not good but Garrett's offense is exactly what I thought it would look like.  I have to believe he's getting fired after this year.

Or today.

The New York Giants have fired offensive coordinator Jason Garrett after less than two years on the job, the team announced Tuesday.

The move comes as a result of continuing offensive struggles for the Giants (3-7) and follows their 30-10 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday Night Football.

The Giants have averaged 18.9 points per game this season, ranking 25th in the NFL on offense. In 2020, Garrett's first season, the Giants were 31st in the NFL at 17.5 points per game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32699164/new-york-giants-fire-offensive-coordinator-jason-garrett-sources-say

• Hook 'Em 1