• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

On the Rant they are calling the aggy coach SchLOSS 😁

It will be very interesting to see how he does in CS. He built little ol’ TCU from a doormat team playing in ridiculous facilities worse than many high schools to a regular contender with more CWS wins than aggy’s entire program history. In theory, he should kill it at aggy, without the private school tuition limitations and the added advantage of the mindless Borg fan following. 

But he really lost his mojo the last few years, purportedly due to both personal issues (divorce, etc.) and stagnation after more than a flirtship with MissSU.

There’s no question Saarloos was a one of the driving forces behind TCU maintaining its program level the last few years. Without that dynamo driving things underneath him, can Schloss overcome aggy cultural issues of losing and choking (ha!), while reinvigorating his personal enthusiasm for the game?  

Of course, my guess is no. Same as for Jimbo. They’ll have some success, but not as much as they should. aggy gonna aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

It will be very interesting to see how he does in CS. He built little ol’ TCU from a doormat team playing in ridiculous facilities worse than many high schools to a regular contender with more CWS wins than aggy’s entire program history. In theory, he should kill it at aggy, without the private school tuition limitations and the added advantage of the mindless Borg fan following. 

That ain't the highest of bars.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nnm said:

The problem at aggy is the culture. Same as it ever was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nnm said:

Schloss is a good coach but Saarloos was arguably the best assistant in college baseball. 

Schloss made 1 CWS without Saarloos and 4 with him. I'm interested to see how this works without Saarloos. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Schloss is a good coach but Saarloos was arguably the best assistant in college baseball. 

Schloss made 1 CWS without Saarloos and 4 with him. I'm interested to see how this works without Saarloos. 

What will aggy say/do when Schloss fails to get aggy into contention for a CWS trip and TCU is continuing their recent level of success?

• Like 2

aggy is really bad this year in baseball. They should have lost 1 to Fordham and 2 of those games were close. 

Fordham was spanked this weekend by V-Tech who won't even be a regional team. 

My guess is aggy won't even make the SEC tournament this year in baseball (like last season).  

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

aggy is really bad this year in baseball. They should have lost 1 to Fordham and 2 of those games were close. 

My guess is aggy wont' even make the SEC tournament this year in baseball (like last season).  

They play in the Frisco classic this weekend against Washington State, Iowa, and Wichita State.  Not sure, but don't think any of those teams are that great.  Then the following weekend a 3 game series at home against Santa Clara.  After that they start conference play @ LSU where they'll get stomped.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

They play in the Frisco classic this weekend against Washington State, Iowa, and Wichita State.  Not sure, but don't think any of those teams are that great.  Then the following weekend a 3 game series at home against Santa Clara.  After that they start conference play @ LSU where they'll get stomped.

Their non-conference schedule is truly awful so they will probably stack some wins but they've already screwed themselves with this Penn series loss. All they could do in non-conference was avoid bad losses which is already out the window. 

They're going to get embarrassed in the SEC though. Alabama was picked to finish 7th in the SEC West and I think they're much better than aggy. 

My guess is aggy won't even make the SEC tournament this year in baseball (like last season).  

Say it again…. But slower. :) my joy in their futility is what really makes the world worth living in. I realize we have huge problems in this country and abroad, but aggy and their ineptitude ain’t one of them.
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Right? An aggy having friends?? Lol.

I know its internet fuckery, but gotdamn that is a solid rant. 

Baseball is a gentleman’s game. No aggy would be that pissed about baseball.

Any aggy with an expectation that their baseball team should be good is really out of touch and delusional.

Of course, that describes a majority of aggy fans.

If I recall correctly, aggy just recently said they were the premier baseball program in the state and country.  And I believe them since aggy doesn't lie about anything, how is it possible they suck at it after so many years of trying.  And let's not forget attendance.  I know they're tops in that meaningless stat.  I mean, what the fuck?  I need an explanation.

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Im proud to be an Aggie

Posted on 2/28/22 at 7:01 pm
up vote6down vote67
bkm1.png
We stand for something. Many of our traditions see strange to outsiders but if they only took the time to educate themselves, they would learn the history behind them and why they mean so much.

IMG_0595.GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Im proud to be an Aggie

Posted on 2/28/22 at 7:01 pm
up vote6down vote67
bkm1.png
We stand for something. Many of our traditions see strange to outsiders but if they only took the time to educate themselves, they would learn the history behind them and why they mean so much.

The irony is deep.

Maybe this "proud aggy" wants to cash in on the $1 million I've been offering for years, if only one of them could explain the origins of their "yell leader" tradition.

24 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

The corps dorks in Galveston are preparing for their annual Mardi Gras parade. Here's a throwback from 2014 when they were late to the parade and marched after it was over. Oh aggy, never stop being you! 

2022b67dd7eeb343c80ac915a2487711--mardi-

3 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

The White Wing street cleaners - New York City Department of Sanitation - 1895:

95D4658A-2D0F-49C4-B423-B597A67628DA.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3