Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Their game against Ole Miss could become a track meet. Ole Miss has a very good offense with talented, physical receivers. They were held in check by Bama and LSU, but that was expected because of those defenses' effectiveness. Aggy has a very good run defense, but their secondary and linebackers will get tested in pass coverage. I think aggy still wins because Ole Miss just has an awfully porous defense that Mond can execute against.

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

aggy will never be a threat in the SEC. The Birmingham Boys would never allow it, and apparently aggy was to fucking stupid and petulant to recognize it. The power of the SEC brought aggy in for no other reason then a physical presence in Texas. Which they achieved. They wanted Texas, but at gun point. So instead they went after the retarded brother. One that would say yes to anything to get separation from their own paranoia. They knew that Texas would never be prostrate to those in Birmingham. So any negotiations would have died in committee. Texas could still be a world class institution in the SEC, just not as Alabama’s bitch.

Way to many on this site, and others. Believe it was, or is acedemics that kept Texas from getting involved with the SEC. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It was about power. Those in Austin were not about to live under a currupt Alabama rule. Equal voices? Perhaps. But never a rubber stamp member. aggy in the other hand obviously has no problem with it....yet. Give it time, it is only going to get worse for aggy. They need only ask their former SWC member Arkansas how things have fared since joining. A member since 1992, and hasn’t sniffed a conference title in football and never will.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
7 hours ago, Lhorn said:
He’s the guy at a party who keeps reusing and doubling down on an unfunny joke because he thinks that people not laughing means they dont have a sense of humor instead of the obvious. It’s not funny. 
The real comedy gold mine is Jimbos contract. 

Remember, Jimbo already has a signature win. Beating Kentucky at home in overtime. What more do you want from Jimbo?

His signature win was when he put it on that contract.

11 hours ago, markstanco said:

Aggy will win that game by 21. Dont get your hopes up about an upset. Miss is terribad.

Ole Miss is bad on defense (I mean really bad) but A&M's biggest weakness is pass defense. A&M is 83rd in passing yards allowed and that's playing in a conference that doesn't throw the ball like the Big 12. A&M would be near the bottom if not right at the bottom in passing yards allowed if they played in the Big 12. 

Ole Miss is #4 in passing offense. This is one of the few SEC teams that can actually throw the  ball. 

I would probably pick A&M to win but I think it's a coin flip. Ole Miss should put up huge yards and points. 

Edited by texasstrong12

39 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Ole Miss is bad on defense (I mean really bad) but A&M's biggest weakness is pass defense. A&M is 83rd in passing yards allowed and that's playing in a conference that doesn't throw the ball like the Big 12. A&M would be near the bottom if not right at the bottom in passing yards allowed if they played in the Big 12. 

Ole Miss is #4 in passing offense. This is one of the few SEC teams that can actually throw the  ball. 

I would probably pick A&M to win but I think it's a coin flip. Ole Miss should put up huge yards and points. 

aggy is going to run the clock, and limit Ole Miss's possessions. Ole Miss is basically going to have to score on every possession, because aggy will get plenty of points while holding onto the ball for 35+ minutes.

15 hours ago, deft said:

Aggy also has a .500 conference record on a average in that time no? And they’ve got how many conference and national titles compared to go gata?

Yup. 

Since '91 (Florida's first conference title) they have 20 top 25 finishes and 13 top 10 finishes. A&M has 11 top 25 finishes and 4 top 10 finishes. 

But this is a bit deceiving because most of aggys success ('91-95) was during a period they were cheating their asses off. Florida might historically be a "slightly above average football program" but that should be good enough to beat aggy. That's why  I said the SEC East doesn't need to be elite. Just "above average" would do the job. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy is going to run the clock, and limit Ole Miss's possessions. Ole Miss is basically going to have to score on every possession, because aggy will get plenty of points while holding onto the ball for 35+ minutes.

It sounds so simple until you get called for holding on a random 2nd down and realize it killed your drive.

• Like 1

Jimbo wanted the team to "change the narrative" about their November slump according to the TV announcers Saturday. They didn't.

If Ole Miss can jump ahead, the Aggies might cave in.

It's all just a guess, but what is the locker room like at A&M? Hadn't Fisher lost his team at FSU? I haven't read anything about how he gets on with his players in College Station. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Locker room poison would be A&M's biggest nightmare with a ten year commitment.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Jimbo wanted the team to "change the narrative" about their November slump according to the TV announcers Saturday. They didn't.

It's all just a guess, but what is the locker room like at A&M? Hadn't Fisher lost his team at FSU? I haven't read anything about how he gets on with his players in College Station. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

Jimbo is going to churn that roster has quickly as possible. It's funny because he didn't build a program at FSU, he inherited/forced out the real program builder, Bowden. They had been recruiting to his offense for years before Jimbo took full control.

17 hours ago, Hamttx said:

aggy will never be a threat in the SEC. The Birmingham Boys would never allow it, and apparently aggy was to fucking stupid and petulant to recognize it. The power of the SEC brought aggy in for no other reason then a physical presence in Texas. Which they achieved. They wanted Texas, but at gun point. So instead they went after the retarded brother. One that would say yes to anything to get separation from their own paranoia. They knew that Texas would never be prostrate to those in Birmingham. So any negotiations would have died in committee. Texas could still be a world class institution in the SEC, just not as Alabama’s bitch.

Way to many on this site, and others. Believe it was, or is acedemics that kept Texas from getting involved with the SEC. Nothing could be farther from the truth. It was about power. Those in Austin were not about to live under a currupt Alabama rule. Equal voices? Perhaps. But never a rubber stamp member. aggy in the other hand obviously has no problem with it....yet. Give it time, it is only going to get worse for aggy. They need only ask their former SWC member Arkansas how things have fared since joining. A member since 1992, and hasn’t sniffed a conference title in football and never will.

Well, it's hard for aggy to speak up or against or to the sec and their admin.....because, well, they still have bama's dick in their mouth.

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

He's still the shiny new $75M toy that gives them hope since he's only one of 2 MNC winning coaches in the SECW.  The losses will accrue, the shine will wear off, and at that point aggy will slowly realize they still have 6 more years $45M left to pay.  

By year 5 the roster will have lots of talent but huge, glaring holes at key positions.  B/CS police will be working overtime to keep things under wraps, but without doing better than 3rd in the west you will start to see arrests happen.  

Year 6 and they start raising money for the buyout, they lower admission standards to "sign name here" and add several man camps for portable classrooms.  Baggins builds a massive defensible residence modeled after Huntsville to keep the passionate fans from burning crosses in his yard.  It's aggy, what did you expect?  

Year 7 they fall short of buyout, "just wait until next season, 2025 is the year we finally get rid of bilbo!"   By this time Baggins has checked out and only flys in for a gameday cameo   Farm animals within a 50 mile radius seek the best hiding spots available   

Year 8 aggy finally becomes Arkansas, 2 years ahead of schedule.  

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

Charlie Strong got rid of a ton of players in year 1 at UT.  That worked wonders his first 3 years.

I'm waiting for this. There's always attrition with a new coach but Jimbo seems like a coach that isn't fun to play for when you're losing. 

Beyond just "churning the roster" I bet they lose some good players too. 

• Like 1

Aggy goes 6-6 maybe 7-5 with 4 ooc games and only having to play Bama and LSU as quality SEC opponents. I'm not sure you could ask for a more favorable schedule and even then I don't think they have much more room for improvement. The fact LSU wins consistently is a testament to how poor the quality of play is in the SEC. How a team that hasn't completed a forward pass in a decade can compete is mind boggling

• Haha 1

Charlie Strong got rid of a ton of players in year 1 at UT.  That worked wonders his first 3 years.

Not quite sure of the point you’re making but the players he got rid of also weren’t the ones earning a paycheck based on being able to call a coin flip or adjust for blocked XPs.

and if you keep following the replies, Billy starts kissing up to Danny and telling him how great he is. This motherfucker does nothing but constantly talk shit about Kanell, Klatt, etc on texaggy radio any chance he gets. I'd say Bill should have show some self respect but it is very apparent he has never had any in his life. 

aggy locker room is a cinderblock shithole.

162c2752ff7ea39368bd4b3100f01936.gif
and if you keep following the replies, Billy starts kissing up to Danny and telling him how great he is. This motherfucker does nothing but constantly talk shit about Kanell, Klatt, etc on texaggy radio any chance he gets. I'd say Bill should have show some self respect but it is very apparent he has never had any in his life. 

4 hours ago, Treefidy said:

He's still the shiny new $75M toy that gives them hope since he's only one of 2 MNC winning coaches in the SECW.  The losses will accrue, the shine will wear off, and at that point aggy will slowly realize they still have 6 more years $45M left to pay.  

By year 5 the roster will have lots of talent but huge, glaring holes at key positions.  B/CS police will be working overtime to keep things under wraps, but without doing better than 3rd in the west you will start to see arrests happen.  

Year 6 and they start raising money for the buyout, they lower admission standards to "sign name here" and add several man camps for portable classrooms.  Baggins builds a massive defensible residence modeled after Huntsville to keep the passionate fans from burning crosses in his yard.  It's aggy, what did you expect?  

Year 7 they fall short of buyout, "just wait until next season, 2025 is the year we finally get rid of bilbo!"   By this time Baggins has checked out and only flys in for a gameday cameo   Farm animals within a 50 mile radius seek the best hiding spots available   

Year 8 aggy finally becomes Arkansas, 2 years ahead of schedule.  

No, in Year 8 they win 10 (though still finish 3rd in the West) and beat a BFD team in a bowl game. Jimbo gets another $60M guaranteed for 5 additional years and he never hits 10 wins in a season again.

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Wrecked. Chin pubes is as much of a joke in the national media as aggy is in the national title picture.

Anytime someone in the national media has something negative to say about the SEC, Luicci has to attack them. I wonder what his opinion was of the SEC when they were in the Big 12?