• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Multiple hours in car today listening to agroid.

1. Senior Lanfear tells a story that at his last home game he's going to wait afterwards until stadium is dark, take a Mason jar, go to 50 yard line and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get a pinch of grass.

2. Aggie commercial from company of Aggie class of ??, "We're Aggies and we feel your pain............"when your doors are stuck."

3 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

Multiple hours in car today listening to agroid.

1. Senior Lanfear tells a story that at his last home game he's going to wait afterwards until stadium is dark, take a Mason jar, go to 50 yard line and,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get a pinch of grass.

2. Aggie commercial from company of Aggie class of ??, "We're Aggies and we feel your pain............"when your doors are stuck."

aggy radio broadcasts are comedy gold (not as much anymore with the great Dave South retried). Every single commercial starts like this.. "Howdy Ags, Jim Krueger here, class of 1980, do your gutter get clogged in the fall? Call blah blah blah..."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is a long list of professional practices and individual businesses I would absolutely avoid if I found they were owned or staffed by aggys. And I can provide a very convincing argument why others should do likewise. But feel free to take your chances. 

I would never feel comfortable in an aggy lumberyard.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

There is a long list of professional practices and individual businesses I would absolutely avoid if I found they were owned or staffed by aggys. And I can provide a very convincing argument why others should do likewise. But feel free to take your chances. 

Yep. The quickest thing to run me off is tagging your advertisement with “class of—“. The only profession where I will insist on an aggy is Veterinarians. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, markstanco said:
23 hours ago, Vertigo said:
If you guys only knew the amount of money these companies make like Buccees, Loves, Pilot, etc. It is incredible. Pilot does as much annual revenue as Dell.

Likely not the same profits being you nearly break even on fuel.

I know these companies better than most, Trust me, they make money on their fuel.

7 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Yep. The quickest thing to run me off is tagging your advertisement with “class of—“. The only profession where I will insist on an aggy is Veterinarians. 

One of my dogs goes to A&M for surgery soon. They were fantastic during the consultation, but damn if they don't plaster pics of Kyle Field, yell leaders, the corps, and the Bonfire Memorial all over their screensavers. Looking forward to my week in CS. Ugh. 

Funnily enough, the vets I dealt with got their degree somewhere else.

29 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I won't go out of my way to insist on an aggy vet (although my vet does happen to be one), but it is the only profession I'll let it slide if the person is an aggy.  Otherwise, I will absolutely go out of my way not to do business with them.  Not because of silly football stuff and because they're fun to make fun of and all that.  But because the biggest business deal I've ever done was with a group of them and every single negative stereotype played out in real life and they truly are worthless pieces of shit.  That whole lack of self awareness, it's not a lie if you believe it shit...that's all fun and games when you're talking about their outlook on their football program.  But most of those fucking cult members actually live their whole lives that way.  And when that shit starts to impact people's real life...fuck you.  After that deal, my kid is damn sure not allowed to go there, I will no longer hire one and I will no longer knowingly do business with them in any capacity...whether that's building a house or filling up with gas or anything in between.  I know there are a few good ones, but the vast majority of them I've ever come in contact with absolutely suck.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

I'd trust any of my critters to Aggie veterinarian Ted Koy in Georgetown.

Dr. Breen... also in Georgetown.. excellent vet and one of the truly good Ags. 

bout your age, near as I can tell. 

I lost my champion Border Collie to cancer in 2001..Dr. Breen fought like hell to save him... was crushed with me when we finally had to have the "Ol Yeller moment" 

He and his wife made a sizable donation to cancer research in Winston's name and he still sends me a handwritten note on the anniversary of his death today. 

He is retired now, but still has his clinic out there and I will never go anywhere else for veterinarian care. 

• Like 3

Dr. Breen... also in Georgetown.. excellent vet and one of the truly good Ags. 
bout your age, near as I can tell. 
I lost my champion Border Collie to cancer in 2001..Dr. Breen fought like hell to save him... was crushed with me when we finally had to have the "Ol Yeller moment" 
He and his wife made a sizable donation to cancer research in Winston's name and he still sends me a handwritten note on the anniversary of his death today. 
He is retired now, but still has his clinic out there and I will never go anywhere else for veterinarian care. 
6357c1dfec14315d707cd60d25ca2b39.jpg
  • Like 1

My previous Vet was an LSU grad.  Best vet  we’ve had.  Was a bummer when we moved.

Now we have a new army Ag. 🙄 She acts like the only treatment available is the most high tech & high dollar thing she can think of.  LSU guy would have said something like:  “we could take blood.  Send it to lab for X amount, and then I can prescribe  Y or Z.  Or you can just give him/her a generic  benedryl when you notice discomfort or scratching.”

He was always pointing out he was NOT a TAMU Vet.  I don’t think he had an high opinion of the little kennel on the Brazos.

Man, I miss that dude.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 11:28 AM, Zavala said:

best sunflower seeds only can be found at buc ees

hatch-m-02.jpg

Coke and Pepsi are both shit.

They're another aggy company.  Appears they have exclusives in some markets. Bucc ees in Houston and RaceTrac in DFW.  They are in ~50 stores all over Austin.  You can also order them via Amazon and Chinook ships them direct to you.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

29 minutes ago, sdm said:

Oh please let aggy get matched up with Texas Tech in a bowl game this year.

Does the whole death wish = a ban thing apply if you are wanting an entire university to snuff it? Because I'm pretty sure aggy's secondary would hemorrhage so badly against Tech that every aggy for seven generations would bleed to death with them. 

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Does the whole death wish = a ban thing apply if you are wanting an entire university to snuff it? Because I'm pretty sure aggy's secondary would hemorrhage so badly against Tech that every aggy for seven generations would bleed to death with them. 

Pretty sure the moderators would let it slide if the snuffee is aggy.

Wonder how much aggies will be favored against UAB??

UAB #25 in Amway Coaches Poll.... aggies not ranked....

UAB received more votes in current AP Poll than aggies....... 

Others Receiving Votes:
Others receiving votes:Army 128, UAB 78, Fresno St. 61, Michigan St. 31, NC State 30, Buffalo 29, Pittsburgh 28, Duke 20, Texas A&M 16, Iowa 8, Arizona St. 6, Stanford 3, Auburn 3, Troy 1.

Edited by LTtxfan

Expecting UAB to possibly be flat against aggies after emotional victory Saturday that qualified UAB for their Conference Championship Game.  Pretty amazing since they just brought football back last year....

"The UAB football program was terminated after the 2014 season but was reinstated shortly thereafter.[2][3] The team went on hiatus for two seasons before returning in 2017."

UAB clinches C-USA West title with overtime win

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) - The return of the UAB football program took a giant leap tonight.  With a 26-23 overtime win against Southern Miss, the Blazers have clinched the C-USA West division championship.

In overtime, UAB responded to a Southern Miss field goal with a 17-yard touchdown run by Spencer Brown that won the game.  Tyler Johnston III threw for 207 yards, with one touchdown and three interceptions, adding a rushing touchdown. Brown led the rushing attack with 75 yards and a yard. Kailon Carter had a touchdown reception and 92 yards.

The win books UAB a spot in the C-USA Championship Game, which will be played on December 1.
Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I understand their vet school has really dropped over the last few years. But it’s texas, so how many CSU vets can you find?