Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't even understand his point

I like he is telling us how non conference is shitty the next few years. When it contains LSU/Arkansas, 2 teams they brag about playing on a yearly basis. Also, La Tech is right behind UAB. Also, they scheduled UAB right when they got a football team back. They just happen to be really good this year. So if they happen to lose to them, the excuse is already there that they are ranked and very good.

• Replies 72.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I like he is telling us how non conference is shitty the next few years. When it contains LSU/Arkansas, 2 teams they brag about playing on a yearly basis. Also, La Tech is right behind UAB. Also, they scheduled UAB right when they got a football team back. They just happen to be really good this year. So if they happen to lose to them, the excuse is already there that they are ranked and very good.

Not to mention South Florida. I don't really want to play them, but they're a solid non-P5 opponent, probably about equivalent to playing Maryland, Cal, or Ole Miss. They've been ranked in the Top 2 more recently than A&M

I don’t think that will play a factor. Teams like UAB realize beating a P5, SEC caliber team is like winning the fucking lottery. This is their legit Super Bowl. They will want to win this game more than any game on their schedule. It will mean a lot more to their program than a Conference Title. 
More than conference or Confederate title, but of course aggy will be playing for the last one as well.

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's telling that Texas plays 3 SEC teams OOC in the next 3 years, and Daniel claims they are inferior to Texas. He finally got something right.

well, he makes one good point, scheduling an SEC team we have a historic rivalry with is actually chickenshit, since we've always dominated them

Arkansas, A&M, either one

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

Love how every single one of the journalists that cover aggy sports has to also cover Texas sports. Have yet to find one that doesn't at least dedicate 25% of their time to researching Texas stats. 

Someone should explain to him that the more teams you beat, the more losses your opponents collect, and thus collectively result in worse W/L records. 

Did they cut math from the core curriculum at atm to fund 10,000 more "seats" at Pyle?

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

well, he makes one good point, scheduling an SEC team we have a historic rivalry with is actually chickenshit, since we've always dominated them

Arkansas, A&M, either one

What do you mean "either one"? Just keep going:

http://www.winsipedia.com/texas/vs/lsu

http://www.winsipedia.com/texas/vs/georgia

http://www.winsipedia.com/texas/vs/alabama

Ah, fuck, you know what guys, Texas is just .500 against MSU. Score one for aggy!

http://www.winsipedia.com/texas/vs/mississippi-state

19 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

How is everybody including that idiot, forgetting that we play Alabama in 2022 and 2023

and Georgia in 2028 and 2029

We'd already have a series scheduled with Florida if they weren't pussies about leaving the state (and didn't have a game against Florida State every year). 

so between next year and 2029 we will have played every SEC team worth playing other than Florida, which won't play us, and Tennessee which hasn't had a winning season in forever

1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Those are the two SEC schools we have historic rivalries with, which is what my post said. 

Right - I'm saying you might as well keep going down the list. Texas has winning records against most SEC schools - historic rivalry or not. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Do  these Dip shits ever research before they Tweet?

2019 Aggy Non Conference

This is such a joke. TxSt and UTSA are utter, complete dogshit right now. I just looked at each of their schedules so far and my God they are bad. Lamar is probably the best team of those three and they are in the fucking FCS. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is such a joke. TxSt and UTSA are utter, complete dogshit right now. I just looked at each of their schedules so far and my God they are bad. Lamar is probably the best team of those three and they are in the fucking FCS. 

Honestly, if you play an FCS,  you can't laugh at anyone else's OOC. If you play an FCS and 2 G5s OOC you should just keep your mouth shut entirely. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickyspub said:

Honestly, if you play an FCS,  you can't laugh at anyone else's OOC. If you play an FCS and 2 G5s OOC you should just keep your mouth shut entirely. 

While I would not put it beyond this Matt dude or Billy to talk about other's OOC schedule anyway, I don't think this moron speaks for anybody or anything besides his own delusions.

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

UTSA seemed like they were on the upward track, but went to crap this year.  They actually gave Aggy hell a couple of years ago.  If they would of lost, they might of cut Sumlin lose a season earlier.  

Texas State has sucked since the mid 80's when they left D2 and Lone Star Conference, save for a season or two here and there.

Lamar?  They just brought football back a few years ago.  Oh and Yea, FCS and bottom feeder in the Southland.

But yea, based on this year's work, Lamar might be the better of the three cupcakes.

11 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Not even 2 G5s - two absolutely HORRENDOUS G5s that would get smoked by 20 teams in the FCS. 

1 minute ago, Nueces River Rat said:

UTSA seemed like they were on the upward track, but went to crap this year.  They actually gave Aggy hell a couple of years ago.  If they would of lost, they might of cut Sumlin lose a season earlier.  

Texas State has sucked since the mid 80's when they left D2 and Lone Star Conference, save for a season or two here and there.

Lamar?  They just brought football back a few years ago.  Oh and Yea, FCS and bottom feeder in the Southland.

But yea, based on this year's work, Lamar might be the better of the three cupcakes.

Yeah UTSA is actually decent some years. The first thing I checked was to see if they were any good/if that is a game aggy could fuck up. I just don't see it. They are scorched earth terrible right now. 

The SEC "narrative" is what makes me shake my head.  All the Ags have bought in hook, line, and sinker.  This idea that the SEC is such a gauntlet of difficulty early and late season cupcake games are justified.

In reality, they are padding the conference stats.  Letting teams wind down before challenging end of season games and the bowl season.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but is the SEC still the only conference that waits to see favorable matchup's before assigning teams to certain bowls?  Again, padding conference stats and putting more wind in the sails of this "SEC" narrative that they keep pushing. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Scholz said:

He's just mad he'll never see his aggys win a major national title in his lifetime.  You'd be mad too.

hey, they won a women's basketball national championship a few years ago

you know women's basketball, the sport that Aggies thought was just a bunch of nappy headed rug munchers, who cares bout that shit!  until they actually won something, and then it was suddenly one of the Big 5 sports along with football, men's basketball, baseball, and track and field (the other thing they occasionally win in).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

hey, they won a women's basketball national championship a few years ago

you know women's basketball, the sport that Aggies thought was just a bunch of nappy headed rug munchers, who cares bout that shit!  until they actually won something, and then it was suddenly one of the Big 5 sports along with football, men's basketball, baseball, and track and field (the other thing they occasionally win in).

Pretty sure you forgot the national championship for Equestrian based sports, bruh. It's right behind Football and Men's Basketball but ahead of baseball in the pantheon of collegiate athletics. 

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

*would have

JFC.