• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, Jacob McCandles said:

They are behind Rice, UT-Austin, SMU, UT-Dallas, and Baylor academically and will continue to slide.  

Remove Baylor and insert TCU. And outside of the business school, A&M is probably better holistically than UTD but you'd be splitting hairs at that point. 

You could also make the case for the LA colleges like Trinity and Southwestern. 

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Remove Baylor and insert TCU. And outside of the business school, A&M is probably better holistically than UTD but you'd be splitting hairs at that point. 

You could also make the case for the LA colleges like Trinity and Southwestern. 

Baylor is ahead of TCU in USNWR.

Trinity and Southwestern are not ranked nationally but are extremely high in the regional rankings, so I agree that we should put them ahead of Blinn St. College

Edited by Jacob McCandles

4 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

Baylor is ahead of TCU in USNWR.

Trinity and Southwestern are not ranked nationally but are extremely high in the regional rankings, so I agree that we should put them ahead of Blinn St. College

Niche has atm #4, Trinity #5, TCU #6 and BU #7 - which is a more holistic ranking that includes location/weather/athletics etc. but a pretty good guideline imo. 

Plus - TCU is trending up and Baylor is not. I would be fine with my hypothetical offspring attending TCU - not so much Baylor (and I'm an SMU grad).

Edited by ztejas

As a recent high school student and current longhorn, that reputation is still alive and well. The only people excited to get into A&M were those who had no shot at UT or were legacies and only applied to aggy. I had plenty of close friends either not get in at all or not get McCombs or Cockrell so they decided to go to A&M. I don’t know a single person who picked aggy over UT unless scholarship money swayed them. The day UT decisions were coming out was one of the most intense days I’ve ever seen in high school. In class, my teacher stopped teaching because she realized all her students were on their phone or laptop spamming the refresh button. Then a mix of chears and sobbing over took the room and she decided to end class early. But no one gave two shits when they got their a&m decision. I still have friends trying to transfer into UT from college all across the state. I don’t know a person trying to leave Austin.

Nobody sues when they don’t get in to A&M.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Yama Yak Yachtzi said:

I have to explain to aggys that A&M will never grow enough to affect the political landscape in Texas. The UT system grants more than half the degrees conferred in Texas each year. The UT system has about 240,000 students, the A&M system about 135,000. A&M could run College Station enrollment to 170,000 and it still wouldn’t change a thing. Also, outside of tuition, UT Austin received over $43,000 per student each year in state and federal funding. A&M receives less than $19,000 per student. The state legislature and the DC contingent don’t consider A&M to be worthy of equal funding. That will never change, regardless of how much A&M drops enrollment standards and further dumb down aggy degree requirements.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, John Coctostan said:

Nobody sues when they don’t get in to A&M.

That's only because if a minority student gets in over a good white student they just have a special "bonfire" on their lawn to make sure the minority student understands the importance of tradition in Aggieland.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yama Yak Yachtzi said:

From a thread on r/cfb

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/9wc6oq/texas_am_and_university_of_texas_students_do_you/

Respectfully, the mistake people from other parts of the country make is thinking this rivalry was ever really about sports. It's not.

Yep. It is not just about sports. And that is why it sucks ass as a rivalry. 

Niche has atm #4, Trinity #5, TCU #6 and BU #7 - which is a more holistic ranking that includes location/weather/athletics etc. but a pretty good guideline imo. 

Plus - TCU is trending up and Baylor is not. I would be fine with my hypothetical offspring attending TCU - not so much Baylor (and I'm an SMU grad).

HO LISTIC?

1db7fcfd6d493547964c512af852d176.gif

Obsession noted.

Ps fuck Alpo and your shitty 100 dorks and a whore band.

20 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Have you ever noticed that when an aggy does anything remotely decent, they have to include "class of '86", or just put '86 behind their name, but you never see that when an aggy is arrested or accused of a misdeed?  I wonder what class Mr. Hammer Time belonged to?

4Y1.gif

Edited by Longboard Horn
Release date: January 13, 1990
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Respectfully, the mistake people from other parts of the country make is thinking this rivalry was ever really about sports. It's not. 

I'd be stunned if people from other parts of the country gave A&M a second thought beyond their football team. Nobody gives a shit about them or their illusions of becoming number one in the state of Texas.

It's amusing and baffling that they think their obsessions occupy the minds of regular people.

To be clear, I don't think many people from other places think long and hard about UT, either. Where it counts, we have a solid reputation, but most of the world doesn't care. Why should they?

Why should we care whether or not they do? In fact, it don't make a shit to us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

? Has either school had a 20-game win streak?

Threw me for a second, too.  They meant a 20-game win streak overall, not against each other.  Like Texas won 30 consecutive games from 1968-1970, A&M's most consecutive wins is apparently 20 from 1938-1940.  Texas beat them as their last loss before the streak, and their first loss to end their streak, so A&M only beat us once during that time.  Unusually, I only see 19 consecutive wins for them, so I don't know what the 20th win is supposed to be.  Spring game, anyone?

Spoiler

1938:

September 24 Texas A&I*   Kyle Field • College Station, TX W 52–0  
October 1 Tulsa*   Tyler, TX W 20–0  
October 8 Santa Clara*   Kyle Field • College Station, TX L 0–7  
October 15 TCU   Kyle Field • College Station, TX (rivalry) L 6–34  
October 22 at No. 17 Baylor   Waco Stadium  Waco, TX (Battle of the Brazos) T 6–6  
October 29 Arkansas   Kyle Field • College Station, TX (rivalry) W 13–7  
November 5 at SMU No. 19 Ownby Stadium • Dallas, TX L 7–10  
November 12 Rice   Kyle Field • College Station, TX W 27–0  
November 24 Texas   War Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX (rivalry) L 6–7  

1939:

September 23 at Oklahoma A&M*   Lewis Field • Stillwater OK W 32–0     1
September 30 Centenary*   Kyle Field • College Station, TX W 14–0     2
October 7 at Santa Clara*   Kezar Stadium • San Francisco, CA W 7–3       3
October 14 Villanova*   Tyler High School • Tyler, TX (Rose Festival Classic) W 33–7     4
October 21 at TCU No. 9 Amon G. Carter Stadium • Fort Worth, TX (rivalry) W 20–6     5
October 28 Baylor No. 5 Kyle Field • College Station, TX (Battle of the Brazos) W 20–0     6
November 4 at Arkansas No. 5 Bailey Stadium • Fayetteville, AR (rivalry) W 27–0     7
November 11 No. 13 SMU No. 2 Kyle Field • College Station, TX W 6–2       8
November 18 at Rice No. 2 Rice Field • Houston, TX W 19–0     9
November 30 Texas No. 1 Kyle Field • College Station, TX (rivalry) W 20–0   10
January 1 vs. No. 5 Tulane* No. 1 Tulane Stadium • New Orleans, LA (Sugar Bowl) W 14–13  11

1940:

September 28 Texas A&I* Kyle Field • College Station, TX W 26–0   12
October 5 vs. Tulsa* Alamo Stadium • San Antonio, TX W 41–6   13
October 12 at UCLA* Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum • Los Angeles, CA W 7–0     14
October 19 TCU Kyle Field • College Station, TX (rivalry) W 21–7   15
October 26 Baylor Waco Stadium • Waco, TX (Battle of the Brazos) W 14–7   16
November 2 Arkansas Kyle Field • College Station, TX (rivalry) W 17–0   17
November 9 at No. 14 SMU Ownby Stadium • Dallas, TX W 7–13   18
November 16 Rice Kyle Field • College Station, TX W 25–0   19
November 28 at Texas War Memorial Stadium • Austin, TX (rivalry) L 0–7  
January 1 vs. Fordham* Cotton Bowl • Dallas, TX (Cotton Bowl Classic) W 13–12 

Edited by TexLonghorn

12 minutes ago, Yama Yak Yachtzi said:

C'mon guys. How did that throw you off? They only have 36 wins in the series. You really thought they rattled off 20 straight against us? 

I could believe at one point that Texas had 20 straight wins over aggy, even though we haven't, but only because Texas has all sorts of crazy statistics about Aggy. Like how Aggy didn't score a point until almost a decade into the "rivalry", or how 2 games into the series, Aggy had been outscored 86-0. Looks like our best 20-year stretch was 18-2, with a couple of non-concurrent decades where Aggy never netted a win.

But no, never think aggy would beat Texas for 2 decades, lmao.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Yeah but...which team is it that we beat that has a winning record? Probably pretty important to include that.

Who the fuck is this loser? This is the kind of dorky psychotic crap that other loser who usually gets quoted in this thread usually posts. 

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah but...which team is it that we beat that has a winning record? Probably pretty important to include that.

Who the fuck is this loser? This is the kind of dorky psychotic crap that other loser who usually gets quoted in this thread usually posts. 

Yeah we beat current #6 and playoff contender on a neutral field. aggy on the other hand, beat an offense inept basketball school during an outlier season at home, in OT, and said team will probably get beat by Middle Tennessee this weekend. 

Edited by UTEX_ME

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Poor, poor racist piece of shit Daniel Joseph Figurelli.

Aggy plays a Who's Who of Who?! for their non-conference every year. It's a key component of the Aggy LOLlercoaster. Keep fucking that chicken.

Edited by Tex Pete

Just now, Scholz said:

I love that aggy t-shirt fans like bathroom smurf and racist figurelli will never see a major national title from their adopted school in their lifetimes.  It makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

A&M always wins the morally superior award and he seems to understand that very well. Did you know that UAB has a great record?