California Getting a Jump on Black Friday Shopping

Harrison Bergeron

42 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Cause of the weak demand, decreased foot traffic.  The cause of decreased foot traffic….

Sesame Street Mystery GIF by PBS KIDS

Surly Leftists scratch heads 

You act like they pull out all over.  Yeah they leave the ghetto/shitty parts of town.  You act like that’s an indictment on the whole city.  And you’re not stupid.  I‘m sure you’ve sat on boards before.  If you can blame poor financial performance on something you can’t control of course you’ll do that.  

2 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Lol

you don’t?

visit downtown SF and report back

I’ve been to downtown SF, while working for a retail company with space there actually.

Again, you realize you are posting on the internet right? What’s the last retail store you walked into?

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What do you think causes lower foot traffic in retail stores?

A combination of online retail, WFH stickiness, closure of DT retail, and crime increases 

crime increases aren’t a trivial portion of that combination. 

WC downtowns are basically in a negative feedback loop.  Commercial RE in those areas is proper fucked

Edited by Incredulity

Just now, Incredulity said:

A combination of online retail, WFH stickiness, closure of DT retail, and crime increases 

crime increases aren’t a trivial portion of that combination. 

WC downtowns are basically on a negative feedback loop.  Commercial RE in those areas is proper fucked

Crime has zero to do with decreases in foot traffic for retail stores. 

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

I spend plenty of time in major cities all over 

Downtown Chicago is doing light years better than west coast downtowns

Sure, but the narrative is all the same.  A bunch of people who don’t care about cities, or the people in them, act like they give a shit because their own house is a hot mess.  The R party is a total shitshow so rather then look within and try to fix shit, what do you do?  

Some pearl clutching about how you suddenly care about the poor people of SF.
And again, nobody is saying there’s no issues.  It’s just you acting like you give a shit about those people.  

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

You don’t have the first clue about who or what I care about.

That’s true. We all easily assume too much and often not with positive intent. With that said, it’s clear what the progressive leaning posters here do care about. How about you?

Why steal a handful of items from the minority-immigrant owners of these stores?  When you can now walk in as Texas HB4 Law Enforcement, demand exhaustive documentation, execute immediate and categorical deportation, and steal the entire business?  

The problem with YOU PEOPLE is that think too small.  BLM broke a window and stole some sundries.  What happens next is GOP steals the entire block.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

You don’t have the first clue about who or what I care about.

Classic Surl lefty bullshit right there

Yes anyone who constantly uses ‘lefty’ definitely has a soft spot for the citizens of west coast cities like Portland and SF.  😂

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Incredulity said:

I care about the opportunity for downtown business owners(often minorities/immigrants) to be able to pursue a better life for their families without getting burglarized 3 times in a month.

I love that you’re still convinced that theft is the cause of retail store closures in big cities lol. 

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

Incred,

No one here gives a shit if billion dollar global countries lose a little money.  

We're far more concerned about white nationalists helping to destroy our democracy.  

Stick to the big issues and you'll be fine.

Lol

integrity, honesty…no big deal.

Fuck all thieves.  Full stop.

No

Yes, but no idea if it was the “most secure election in history”.

Chris Krebs, the former director of CISA and a CBS News cybersecurity expert and analyst, says there were "any number of state election officials who had every incentive in the world to prove that something happened to deliver an outcome to President Trump, but that never happened."

Just now, Bullneck said:

Chris Krebs, the former director of CISA and a CBS News cybersecurity expert and analyst, says there were "any number of state election officials who had every incentive in the world to prove that something happened to deliver an outcome to President Trump, but that never happened."

Super

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

But I bet retail type goods still show up at your house every once in a while. It’s the crime keeping you home right? Lol

We have retail packages arrive weekly. 

No crime is keeping me out of retail stores. People suck. I try to avoid the masses. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Incredulity said:

I spend plenty of time in major cities all over 

Downtown Chicago is doing light years better than west coast downtowns

Hey guys...I was in Downtown San Diego this morning, and I made it back home alive.  Just thought I should check in, lest you all be worried about me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I certainly don’t like to see things stolen and shit being broken from dumbasses during a protest/riot, but as I get older I progressively give fewer shits about big companies.  

PPP loan fraud, stock buybacks, frequent flyer/hotel loyalty systems being constantly degraded, blanket policies forcing us back to office despite poor facilities, 2008 bank crisis, etc.  

They have a right to make money, but pardon me if I fail to cry a river for automakers fighting pay raises after obscene exec pay and buybacks after our tax dollars bailed them out.  

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

just believes all the right wing tropes about lazy welfare queens and minorities hurting America.

Reading is fundamental 

Its the leftist crew thats on record being fine with minorities being put out of business through theft and burglary 

• Haha 1

Reading is fundamental 

Its the leftist crew thats on record being fine with minorities being put out of business through theft and burglary 

No one is being put out of business by those things. The fact that you continue to believe this is hilarious 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Reading is fundamental 

Reading Comprehension is fundamental.

I have zero moral hangups stealing from big box retail companies.

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No one is being put out of business by those things. The fact that you continue to believe this is hilarious 

Explosion Reaction GIF

tell that to Raj Goatme and the rest of the Oakland business owners 

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

I have zero moral hangups stealing

You don’t get to qualify this statement 

scumbag

Explosion Reaction GIF

tell that to Raj Goatme and the rest of the Oakland business owners 

You don’t get to qualify this statement 

scumbag

Ok. I’d be happy to help them analyze their p&l for a small fee. You just have no clue what you’re talking about here

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

Hey guys...I was in Downtown San Diego this morning, and I made it back home alive.  Just thought I should check in, lest you all be worried about me. 

I was in SF a couple of weeks ago and managed to survive so this hits close to home.